The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-16-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
Here are pics from what I believe to be the immunity challenge (these came from Survivor Shrines Dreamer):

You can see the ropes showing the path to follow and can see the oars in their hands (they dont appear to be running though)

In these pics we can see JP following the Koror tribe which is good news - he rarely follows the losing tribe and he is clearly running. Also of note - there is no Immunity necklace around Ians neck - so JP probably took it back before the challenge starte.

Janu during the challenge

Pics of the Koror tribe in a celebration.

My guess is that they have to find the paddles - oar out and back. No fire involved that I can see - this is also a question on snews quiz - "is there fire involved". Looks like Koror wins the first challenge

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge KObrien_fan 02-16-05 1
   RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge pmspml5 02-16-05 2
 RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge aethelstan 02-16-05 3
   RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge bobscure 02-16-05 4
       RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge Flowerpower 02-17-05 5
           RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge biancaxxx 02-17-05 6
               RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge Flowerpower 02-17-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 09:59 AM (EST)

Yep, between the jungle shots and the boat shots, all 9 can be accounted for. My only question then is does that make the climbing under the rails shot of Janu and Gregg part of a different challenge and therefore safe from the vote this week? In the cap of Janu her buff seems to be in the same spot and if memory serves she is dressed the same, but Gregg appeared to have the buff around his neck. Here in the boat shot you can see Gregg has the buff on his wrist.

ETA:

It could be this part is the very start of the challenge, before they go to get the oars and before getting wet.

What do you think?

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-16-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
I do think that they will have to go over and under stuff. Also, I'm not so sure that is a buff around his neck. In the smaller clearer pic - it doesnt look like it.

Also - for what its worth - I'm not sure that the balance pictures are part of the first challenge. In these shots you can see that Angie has a shirt on under her buff, also James has a gray t-shirt on. All the pictures of them "balancing" their clothing is different.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-16-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
These pics are fleshed out more in FlowerPower's post but I have to agree with you regarding the paddles. The pic of Janu during the challenge has exactly the same type of paddle that whoever is behind Caryn is hoisting in the air.

While that isn't conclusive (because the oars needed for the challenge can just be similar to the ones used to get to their camp as per what Corvis suggests), it is very suggestive that the paddles are part of the same challenge.

As to why they are celebrating now? Perhaps Ulong is just very far behind in this challenge.

İKittyloaf Creations, 2004
Winter warning in effect.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-16-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
>As to why they are celebrating now? Perhaps Ulong is just very far behind in this challenge.

FWIW, I tend to believe that 2 people do get lost and don't make it to the challenge. That's why there are no Ulong challenge pics, or at least there weren't a few hours ago. If 2 peeps from Ulong, a stronger tribe on paper, didn't make it to the challenge Koror would be celebrating at this point. I also wonder if either one of the 2 Ulong peeps gets voted out, or a person reacting strongly to those 2 gets voted out. It might explain why an atypical selection like Jolanda or Jeff goes first.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
If 2 peeps from Ulong, a stronger tribe on paper, didn't make it to the challenge Koror would be celebrating at this point.

Well Bob, we do know that all 9 members of the Ulong tribe do arrive to compete at the challenge. Here they are listening to Jiffy as he is about to unveil the II, just before the challenge will begin.

But I think you do raise a valid point...where is the Ulong tribe competing against the Koror tribe in the challenge? I did find it strange that with all of the shots of the Koror tribe competing in the challenge following the rope through the jungle with the oars, there is not one Ulong member shown? What's up with that?

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-17-05, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"
Well, seeing as though Jeff P is in some of the shots, it would either suggest:
a) Koror are ahead
b) Ulong has already finished
c) they compete in the obstacle course but each tribe gets their own area/version of the course, and Koror happens to be closest to the side where Jeff and that camera were.

I'm still waiting for my tires to appear in this obstacle course ;)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 1 Immunity Challenge"

Here's a pic from TDT that notes the II in the Koror boat at the end of the challenge....

...guess this definitively answers the question of who will go to TC...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •