The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-14-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep1 CBS Press Release"
From Fever:
http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_episode_titles_details.html

Survivor: Palau Episode 1 Title:
"This Has Never Happened Before!"

Airdate: Thursday February 17 - 8 PM ET (60 minutes)

CBS Press Release:

TWENTY NEW CASTAWAYS ARE ABANDONED ON ONE BEACH
WHEN "SURVIVOR: PALAU," PREMIERES THURSDAY, FEB. 17
ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"This Has Never Happened Before!" -- Twenty new castaways are abandoned on one beach when SURVIVOR: PALAU premieres Thursday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

As the castaways row one large boat through the waters surrounding Palau, host Jeff Probst points them towards their new beach and indicates there will be two machetes and a map to water waiting for them. In addition, he indicates there will be two immunity necklaces for the first man and the first woman to reach the shore. With that, Jeff departs and the anticipation and panic sets in…who will stay in the boat? Who will be first to jump? Who will win immunity? By the end of the first episode, three castaways will leave the island.

---------

Note: two immunity necklaces!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release KObrien_fan 02-14-05 1
   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release lovwigglesworth 02-14-05 2
   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release volsfan 02-14-05 4
 RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Krautboy 02-14-05 3
 Gender control? Krautboy 02-15-05 5
   RE: Gender control? applejack93 02-15-05 6
 RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Flowerpower 02-15-05 7
   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release KObrien_fan 02-15-05 8
       RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Flowerpower 02-15-05 9
           RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release KObrien_fan 02-15-05 10
   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release biancaxxx 02-15-05 21
       RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Flowerpower 02-15-05 27
           RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release biancaxxx 02-15-05 36
           RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release biancaxxx 02-15-05 50
 I know we have discussed this befor... volsfan 02-15-05 11
   RE: I know we have discussed this b... pmspml5 02-15-05 12
   RE: I know we have discussed this b... Magic Fingers 02-15-05 14
   RE: I know we have discussed this b... KObrien_fan 02-15-05 18
       RE: I know we have discussed this b... volsfan 02-15-05 23
       RE: I know we have discussed this b... Wheezy 02-15-05 37
           RE: I know we have discussed this b... KObrien_fan 02-15-05 39
               Flaws Wheezy 02-15-05 41
                   RE: Flaws Brownroach 02-15-05 42
                   RE: Flaws KObrien_fan 02-15-05 43
 RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Brownroach 02-15-05 13
   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release forehead 02-15-05 15
       RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Brownroach 02-15-05 16
       RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Corvis 02-15-05 17
           RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release KObrien_fan 02-15-05 19
               RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Corvis 02-15-05 20
                   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Krautboy 02-15-05 22
                       My question is? pmspml5 02-15-05 24
                           RE: My question is? Krautboy 02-15-05 25
                               RE: My question is? pmspml5 02-15-05 28
                                   RE: My question is? KObrien_fan 02-15-05 30
                                       RE: My question is? volsfan 02-15-05 31
                                           RE: My question is? KObrien_fan 02-15-05 32
                                   RE: My question is? Wheezy 02-15-05 38
                                       RE: My question is? volsfan 02-15-05 40
                                           RE: My question is? pmspml5 02-15-05 44
                                               RE: My question is? Wheezy 02-15-05 45
                                       RE: My question is? sylvester 02-15-05 46
                                           RE: My question is? Wheezy 02-15-05 47
                                   RE: My question is? biancaxxx 02-15-05 48
           RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release TDT 02-15-05 29
               RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release pmspml5 02-15-05 33
 RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Surveysez 02-15-05 26
   RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Flowerpower 02-15-05 34
       RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release pmspml5 02-15-05 35
       RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release Fire Fly 02-15-05 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
So it makes sense that Ian and Jolanda would be the first 2 to reach shore and that is how they are captains of the pick em. It also explains why they are leaving the boat so hastily.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Have we seen pictures of anyone besides Jolanda with the Necklace on, specifically a guy, and more specifically Ian, to confirm our speculation? (Although this celebration picture looks good enough I suppose)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
KO...you beat me to it. I agree they are the first two and will pick the tribes and they are immune.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-14-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
That pretty much clears up how the "captains" are selected...confirms the Ian and Jolanda hug and confirms the speculation about the "money necklace" worn by Jolanda.

The walk with Jeff must be taking them to the first challenge site and the tribal selection. The two wearing the "immunity necklaces" are probably "immune" by nature of the pick'em chain process.

Krautboy

02-15-05, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Gender control?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

In light of our speculation about whether or not MB would try to maintain gender balance between the two tribes, this quote from the News Release is interesting:

"...In addition, he indicates there will be two immunity necklaces for the first man and the first woman to reach the shore..."

Obviously a concious decision has been made to control the gender of the two "captains". The only reason to do this is if there has also been a concious decision to eliminate one man and one woman by way of the pick 'em process...otherwise there's no reason I can think of to specify "captains" of opposite gender.

The captains are predetermined to be one male and female, and by alternating gender picks, balance will be maintained and it is guaranteed that one man and one woman are eliminated.

Krautboy

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gender control?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 04:24 AM (EST)

OUCH! I just felt a nail in my back!

Sorry, for a moment I sympathized too deeply with Wanda's coffin.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
I just wanted to point to the fact that this had been suggested when we first got the vidcaps of their arrival on shore. When everyone jumps ship at once there is an element of speed involved and there must be a REASON! Most folks shot down the fact that it looked to be a race, and there were many reasons why it looked to be a race. Finally, there was some belief when it was suggested that they could be fired upon, and therefore that was the reason for the speedy departure for shore. Ian was one of the first to dive off the boat, and we had the cap of Jolanda in full runners stride. We should have nailed this then.

Then when the necklace was discovered on Jolanda, looking exactly like a PALAUN money necklace, it was shot down as to the significance on the word of someone claiming to have a source that said it was insignificant! I knew at the time that she just would'nt have won just a "prize".

I just want everyone to rely on their instincts and not on these people that claim they have sources. We should have reached a these conclusions when we first laid hands on these vidcaps! For everyone who has'nt noticed yet, please see KOfan's thread on spoilers, hoaxes, etc!

Thanks for finding this, forehead! It certainly makes it all fall into place!

02-15-05, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
FWIW- I re-read that thread last night in preparation for writing my SOTS. I don't think the ideas in that thread were necessarily "shot down" so much as discussed in a normal fashion. At that point in time everything was based on speculation and people were giving various ideas on what they thought was going to happen, no more, no less.

Yes, the thread did drop down and never got revisited after the cap of Jolanda with the necklace surfaced, and no, nobody put 2 and 2 together completely, but the whole of the sum is all of the great speculation from way back then until now. It all adds up.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-15-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
I don't think the ideas in that thread were necessarily "shot down" so much as discussed in a normal fashion.

Well, the way I look at it is you can only raise so many points as to how you see things in a vidcap....if you explain your rationale and peeps still don't buy it, then you move on anyway. You can not make someone see what you see. No sense in beating a dead horse.....but many times things can be ruled out, and that's where the value of debate comes in. But, when they can not be ruled out, let's keep the ideas front and center! All I am saying is, let's not be quick to DISMISS!

02-15-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
All I am saying is, let's not be quick to DISMISS!

I agree.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Most folks shot
>down the fact that it
>looked to be a race,
>and there were many reasons
>why it looked to be
>a race.

I said the 'race' was important.

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=18250.topic&start=1401&stop=1420

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=18250.topic&start=1541&stop=1560

>Then when the necklace was discovered
>on Jolanda, looking exactly like
>a PALAUN money necklace, it
>was shot down as to
>the significance on the word
>of someone claiming to have
>a source that said it
>was insignificant! I knew
>at the time that she
>just would'nt have won just
>a "prize".

i showed my source a photo of jolanda and ashlee's beads. they are not the immunity necklaces, as you can see:

immunity necklaces

02-15-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

Biancaxxx: I am sorry as it seems I have singled you out, I certainly did'nt personally mean to.....I, for one, am thrilled to have someone who at least has any source at all partake on our boards! But, regarding the importance of the race, you quoted two excerpts from SSucks, none from here. I do lurk at SSucks, but I find it difficult to sift through the legions of rifraff that goes along with legitimate discussion. That's why I prefer SBlows, we try to stay on topic. I can't imagine how hard it must be to partake in eons of discussions on both boards, hard to keep track of what is said where. Unfortunately, I missed those two discussions you quoted from SSucks.

Regarding the necklace that Jolanda was wearing, neither of the pictures have her wearing the necklace in question...and I believe you posted following that post by Tribephyl...i'll try and retrieve it. At any rate, the only point I want to make, source or no source, we can't throw logic out the window, and let's keep exploring valid ideas!

Sorry, I am thrilled that you are a part of SBlows now! Hope you will stick around so you can sing crow as the show pans out!

ETA: The link from Tribephyl's post regarding the Paluan money beads are here...and I don't know why these links things are'nt working, but here it is again:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5675.shtml

See Tribe's post #39 and follow downward. I apologize Biancaxxx as you never commented on Tribe's post, but VG quoted you....a bit of confusion there. But note, Seraphaem then added his comment regarding the cracks in the foundation at this point and all of us assumed he was talking about the two vs. three tribes here, lol! Perhaps one point for Sera!

02-15-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
My keyboard isn't working, so I have to use the onscreen one, which is a real pain, lol, so i'll keep this short for now, but will reply in full to your post when i use my other computer.

i actually didn'tt realize that these beads were different to jolanda's other ones, until now

so it's my fault, i should have asked my source about those beads ^ too. sorry, my mistake, i didnt intentionally mean to mislead anyone.

you're right...that was probably what sera was talking about!

02-15-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
I am new to both boards, so I do get a little confused with who is signed up to both, as I know alot of Blows members also read Sucks. So in future I will be sure to post any important information I recieve, to both boards

02-15-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "I know we have discussed this before"
and we sort of dismissed it by thinking it was misdirection from what MB said. However, after having it appear twice makes me wonder:

This is from the eyemail:

The unusual start claims two early casualties who get lost and don't make it to the first challenge.

And this is from TV Guide:

I find this strange that both talk about two people getting lost.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-15-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I know we have discussed this before"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

Something is not adding up.

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-15-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I know we have discussed this before"
If we do take this as a true statement and two are really "lost" and they can't wait around for them to show up to leave for the challenge...could the tears and sad faces we see in some caps be because they found out the two left behind will no longer be in the game? If that is true, then the pick-em idea of the last picked go home doesn't work and chances are the "weakest link" people would still be around.

Has anyone kept track of how much is misdirection and how much is literal each season?

02-15-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
18. "RE: I know we have discussed this before"
I am not sure of the historical split between literal and metaphorical phraseology, however, I do tend to lean toward this one being very metaphoric.

JP in his pregame chatter has said "Survivor is a social game". The game is hyped by MB that 2 people "get lost" before making it to the first challenge. I think this is a metaphor for being socially lost.

JP's analysis of Wanda: Wacky Wanda is a wild card. She could be the first one out of this game so fast your head is spinning, or we could see a situation like we did with Lil, where suddenly she’s in Final 2 and you’re scratching your head going, “How did the woman with all the songs make it to the Final 2?” Wanda likes to sing! and she likes to come on strong! and wear big bright clothes! and come on like this! Some people really take to that and find it charming, and other people just want to shut it off. If she can read people and figure that out, great. If she can’t, I’ll be snuffing her torch.

JP's analysis of Jeff: Jeff is a charming guy in an odd way. We gave him a hard time when we met him about shaving his body, and talking about how many women he’s dated, but at the end of the day, we kept talking about him. So there’s something about him that always kept us coming back for a little more. He’s kind of an underdog favorite of mine. I hope he does well on the show. I’m not sure he’s skilled enough socially to do as well as he thinks he’s going to do. We’ll have to see.

So in a social game, we have been handed our two social outcasts who are lost because they don't fit in.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-15-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
23. "RE: I know we have discussed this before"
You make good points and I agree on the outcasts.

I had resolved that the reference was from the MB quote that two get lost and don't make the challenge as getting booted by the last two in the pick 'em. However, the TV Guide makes it sound as if they get the boot because they are lost.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: I know we have discussed this before"

Sorry KO, I'm trying hard to keep up with things, but weren't those quotes from Jiffy before the game started?

I do hold on to my thought that there are two people who literally get lost, and I think Wanda is one of them. There is a photo of her, wandering around tugging at palm branches, with another person in the shadows behind her. Perhaps they aren't terribly lost, but they don't make it to the challenge in time. I believe the others would be stressed, worried, and tearful for the safety of two tribemates, as well as tearful to hear the harsh 'punishment' inflicted on them.

That said, MB was quoted as saying three would get booted in the first episode 'by design' I believe.

So that does shoot a hole in my theory.

WHEEZE
and thank you for all your great summary threads! Nicely done!

Wheeze * Everything In Between

02-15-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
39. "RE: I know we have discussed this before"
Yes, Wheezy, they are quotes from Jeff pregame, but like VS states in her editing thread, many times Jeff is spot on in his analysis of people. I don't think he intentionally tries to give much away, and at that point the game hasn't started yet, so hard for him to slip up.

The quotes about Survivor being a social game, and the parts about being lost are after the show has been filmed. With all that has been seen of a school yard pick em that is brutal and the last two people must leave the game before it starts, to me that is why I think the "lost" statements are metaphoric. It could very well be that 2 people get physically lost and don't make it to the pick em, but if that is the case and the 2nd boat ride is indeed to the pick em, I will go back and double check to see if there are 20 people in the boat.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-15-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Flaws"

Thanks darlin'.

The pic with Janu closest to the camera in the boat, where Jiffy is pointing--her hair is completely frizzed, as if it's been wet and dried again without being tamed with hair stuff. I have a friend with hair just like that, and after swimming it does that too.

Do we have two seperate events where we see people coming on shore? One from the 'race' and the other from their other arrival?

And what about the info given that they live as one tribe at first? If the race is from the first landing and they immediately go to the pick'em so that two get booted before it begins, their tribes are determined too early. We have all those vidcaps with no buffs.

If the above is true, the pick'em has to happen later if that is the way the two are eliminated, but that doesn't work with the theory that the first two ashore are going to pick.

I feel like I can't articulate this. Let me try again.

For two to get booted before the game begins via the pick 'em method, the tribes have to be established. These two things have to go together. Are the tribes established and not given buffs?
Therefore:
The initial boat ride likely cannot be an immediate pick'em race if the following are true:

a. the tribe is supposedly left with no instructions
b. we have so many photos of them walking and moving about and making fires and doing interviews with no buffs
c. they are supposed to live as one tribe at the beginning

So if the pickem is not immediate, how are the two players eliminated before the game really starts? They get lost and don't make it to the pick'em challenge.

Does this make any sense at all?

WHEEZE

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Flaws"
It depends on when you believe the game really starts. For the purposes of what I think you are trying to say, that would be when the tribes are chosen. The two people left over were not chosen for tribes, therefore they left without really ever being in the game, even though they did get to hang around the camp for awhile.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

02-15-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Flaws"
I'm getting ready to finalixe my SOTS and so this may be my last post before doing so, but, here goes.

I think they race to shore to see who gets immunity. They don't know yet for what, they just know it is valuable. They live together as one tribe, for at least a day. They get tree-mail that tells them that to row to such and such a place and that Ian and Jolanda are the captains or whatever and after having spent a day or more together as one tribe, now they are forced to do the pick em, where 2 players go home. Now the real game begins. Now there are two tribes.

That is sorta what I envision, but it will be clearer and more articulate in a couple hours.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-15-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 10:39 AM (EST)

Hmmm. Do you think this means they will both be immune at the first TC also? If not, I think Jolanda will be in really serious trouble if Ulong has to go to the first TC.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-15-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
>Hmmm. Do you think this means they will both be immune at the first TC also? If not, I think Jolanda will be in really serious trouble if Ulong has to go to the first TC.

Great question. The IN might just mean you can't get kicked out at the pick'em. In spirit with Survivor tradition, an IN should only prevent you from danger at one event. But hey, this season is all different, so who knows.

Close but no car...

02-15-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
The IN might just mean you can't get kicked out at the pick'em.

That is what I *think* it will mean. It would be another way of keeping the players off-guard, and defying their expectations of how the game is played.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Hey look, the immunity necklaces!

I think they don't count for the TC. And here's why. In shots from the Pick 'Em, we don't see Jolanda or Ian wearing them. I think Probst has taken them back already after telling Ian and Jolanda they are the captains, they pick first, and they are safe.

Once we have two tribes, it's tribal immunity time, so the necklaces are gone until the merge.

02-15-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
If those ARE the IN's that Jolanda and Ian won for being first to shore and safe from the pick em by virtue of being the captains and first to pick, then the beads around Jolanda's neck that were speculated to be Paluan money beads, is that out the window again? If not, what are the beads around Jolanda's neck for? Is it a nice photoshop forgery from somebody, or does it have real meaning to the game?

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
It was an image shown before an interview with Jeffy P. on Regis and Kelly. I actually watched the show. Boring interview, but that image is real. I don't know what else those things could be.

I think the Palaun money beads were just something Jolanda picked up the Palaun market before the game.

02-15-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Bianca or CMC, don't remember who, also stated that the money beads Jolanda was shown wearing have nothing to do with the game...the immunity necklaces are clearly different, so Bianca/CMC are probably correct, which supports your speculation s well.

Krautboy

02-15-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "My question is?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

Why are they hanging on a generic brown banner. Looks just like the green one. We know that brown is a tribe color from the buffs and we have blue buffs but no generic blue banner yet. We have a generic green banner but no green buffs - Green is probably the merge color - but these generic flags are driving me nuts.

And why are both IN's hanging on the "brown" banner. Why not one on each banner - makes no sense again.

02-15-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
25. "RE: My question is?"
I'm pretty sure that IS the same generic Green banner we've seen in all the promos...

Krautboy

02-15-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
28. "RE: My question is?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

I am not sure if they are the same - but they could be - there is the large tree in the back ground if you move the camera angle they could be the same -

Edited to add this pic - where is the little red flower thing on the flag?

We can tell by this pic that Ian is in the middle of the boat when JP gives them directions - and that is the same position he dives off the boat to race to shore.

So the Pics of him in the back of the boat must come later.

02-15-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
30. "RE: My question is?"
So here is my new theory. You and FP made a great case for there being 2 separate boat trips that involved all 20 of the survivors as shown by their different boat positions. This pic of Jeff giving instructions on what to do (first man, first woman to get to shore wins immunity).

The next time we see them all in the boat, Jolanda and Ian (who are the captains) are together in the back of the boat as the crew rows to the spot to be used for the pick em. That is what the second boat trip is, IMO.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-15-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
31. "RE: My question is?"
I have speculated that Jiffy on the beach with everyone following him is going to the pick 'em. What do you think he is doing on the beach if the second boat trip is to the pick 'em?

02-15-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
32. "RE: My question is?"
It said in one of the recent promos Jeff arrives at the beach, points to the flag, says here is 2 machetes, good luck, and then leaves. Or something to that effect. Maybe he is there to greet the 1 male and 1 female winner and tell them briefly that their immunity will come into play later.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-15-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
38. "RE: My question is?"

Can somebody blow up this pic (if it hasn't been done already)?

I'm trying very hard to find 20 people in this boat, but my eyes are bad. I see 18 for sure, maybe 19.

Could this be the trip to the immunity challenge/ pick 'em rather than the first boat trip? They are still together as one team (they were supposed to live as one tribe for a bit at first anyway, right?) Janu's hair is frizzed way out, not as kempt as it was in other photos.

WHEEZE
apologies if I missed new info that refutes this-- you guys are posting faster than I can read

02-15-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
40. "RE: My question is?"
I think this is the very beginning and Jiffy is pointing them to tell them the direction they need to go. He is saying when you get to the island you will find that flag and the other items.

I think I count 20 but my eyes are not the best.

I think there could different seating arrangements in the boat because they go to more than one island to determine if it is the right one. They wouldn't always get back in the boat the same way. IMHO.

02-15-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
44. "RE: My question is?"
There are 20 you can see Wandas head in front of Ians belly looking around someone.

02-15-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
45. "RE: My question is?"

Gotcha--thanks PMS!

WHEEZE

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-15-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: My question is?"
"Can somebody blow up this pic (if it hasn't been done already)?"

You betcha Wheezy!

Here it is enlarged some, and I have drawn a red arrow to each head in the boat. I count 20. See what you think:

Please call me Cat!!

02-15-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
47. "RE: My question is?"

Thanks, Cat. *wink*

WHEEZE
it makes me sad that there are two very tiny people in that boat...

02-15-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
48. "RE: My question is?"
I think the flower is Katie's.

TDT 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-15-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDT Click to send private message to TDT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

Here is Jolanda wearing the IN. But without context for where in the show this shot comes, it doesn't tell us much about whether it's for TC or just the pick'em. In the sequence she looks forward, then down, which looked to me like she was focusing on balance, but it could be just about any time.

ETA: Ian has his IN hanging off of his pants (right below the "w' in "Early Show") on the WWJ. It seems likely that they give them up at that point.

02-15-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
and I just went and "scoured" Ians pics for the IN - dang I missed that one.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Is there any chance the start is one big challenge, and the lost or final two to make it to a particular spot are gone then? Dump em on a beach and tell them they have to find some particular place on their own? That would be a reason for two captains to want immunity, and then after an individual challenge like that, the teams are selected from the remaining 18, and go on to a team challenge and tribal council?

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

02-15-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
Here's my take: There are at least 3 different shots with Survivors in the boat all in different positions, it's a fact that they take more than one boat trip, to me. As for Jiffy giving them direction, he's pointing to their beach. I don't know why, whether they indeed land on the wrong beach at first, or whether they change positions in the boat to relieve each other of rowing fatigue, but they eventually see the banner, row up, and jump ship ASAP, as Jiffy had also told them that the first two to arrive at the camp banner would indeed win immunity for some kind of challenge. Ian and Jolanda proceed to be the first to touch the generic banner and are thus awarded the two individual immunity necklaces, that we see, waiting for them, on the banner. They congratulate each other with a big hug! Jolanda proceeds to put hers on, as we see, and then Ian just stuffs his in his pocket...or maybe Jolanda puts it away at first and will wear it later.

Then much later, as in a day or two, Jiffy arrives to lead them to this impending competition of some kind, where once there, Ian and Jolonda don their necklaces...we see Jolanda competing with it on, perhaps? I still am fuzzy regarding this competition...I suppose that when Jiffy appears out of the blue that Wanda and Jeff have gone off in opposite directions and are not around and Jeff tells them, they are not waiting to proceed to the area where the tribal division will take plae. Perhaps, there is no competition and they are both just told that they get to start the pick 'em chain and so forth.....

tossing out ideas??? At any rate, the IN's are awarded and are therefore significant...but for the first competition, or for the entire ep, including TC....

02-15-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
It is very likely that JP just shows up without the pre-warning of tree mail. Could explain if and why Jeff and Wanda are not there. I think they are seen in the boats though which makes me believe that they are truely just "not picked" and there for lost - in a metaphoric way not literally lost.

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-15-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Ep1 CBS Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

>
>tossing out ideas??? At any rate,
>the IN's are awarded and
>are therefore significant...but for the
>first competition, or for the
>entire ep, including TC....

My thoughts.....the 2 IN retrieved by the 1st two to reach the beach give them immunity from being eliminated during the pick'em tribe selection (and probably the honor of doing the pickin'). Immunity at TC should be awarded to the 'tribe' that wins the IC and there is one Immunity Idol for that winning tribe. The IN resurface once the tribes merge and individual immunity is up for grabs. Of course, this follows previous seasons- maybe things are a changin'. And perhaps there has been speculation on these boards that there are changes to this pattern that I haven't read yet...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •