The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
Don't get me wrong, she definitely made the right choice (who would have thought that the unemployed momma's boy would be a catch compared to what all Lanny had to offer?), but a little honesty is called for. She did not have to be blunt by saying "Your mother REALLY REALLY scares me", but she could have truthfully said that she really liked him, they seemed to connect in the house, but she realized that they come from such different backgrounds and value systems, that she could see it causing problems for a lasting relationship outside of the house especially when it came to marriage and raising kids. I am assuming he would have appreciated her honesty rather than her ackward lie that it was only because she did not have the time to get to know him and that was the only reason. FAH! I have lost alot of repect for her (I am not sure how much I had for her to begin with). Say what you will about the mom, at least she is honest and upfront and lets you know exactly what you are in for. Any girl that can get past meeting the mom would definitely "be the one" for Lanny.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... jjinokie 02-18-04 1
   RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... leogirl_21 02-18-04 2
       RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... Loree 02-18-04 3
 RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... Gina99 02-18-04 4
 Lanny's mom Loree 02-19-04 5
 RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... mookiemeister 02-19-04 6
   RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... motorkitty 02-19-04 7
       RE: I am so disappointed in Meredit... minkey 02-19-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jjinokie 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-18-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jjinokie Click to send private message to jjinokie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
>Don't get me wrong, she definitely
>made the right choice (who
>would have thought that the
>unemployed momma's boy would be
>a catch compared to what
>all Lanny had to offer?),
>but a little honesty is
>called for. She did
>not have to be blunt
>by saying "Your mother REALLY
>REALLY scares me", but she
>could have truthfully said that
>she really liked him, they
>seemed to connect in the
>house, but she realized that
>they come from such different
>backgrounds and value systems, that
>she could see it causing
>problems for a lasting relationship
>outside of the house especially
>when it came to marriage
>and raising kids. I
>am assuming he would have
>appreciated her honesty rather than
>her ackward lie that it
>was only because she did
>not have the time to
>get to know him and
>that was the only reason.
> FAH! I have
>lost alot of repect for
>her (I am not sure
>how much I had for
>her to begin with).
>Say what you will about
>the mom, at least she
>is honest and upfront and
>lets you know exactly what
>you are in for.
>Any girl that can get
>past meeting the mom would
>definitely "be the one" for
>Lanny.

It seems to me she did say she "Adored" Lanny. and really you don't know what you would do if 6 cameras were in your face, and you did not want to hurt anyone's feelings, or embarass anyone. Maybe you ought to put yourself in Meredith's shoes and not think about it as a viewer. Lanny is a catch, but the show isn't about Lanny. It is about Meredith.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-18-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
I agree with you completely. I thought that it was really weird of her to say what she said to Lanny. She told Lanny that the reason she let him go is because she thinks that she didn't have enough time to get to know him...whatever! I think that she spent more time with Lanny than with Chad (no to really pick on him but using him as an example) and she tells LANNY that we didn't have enough time to get to know each other. I think that she was just scared of Lanny's mom and his way of life and instead of telling him the truth, she used the "I didn't get to spend more time with you and get to know you" excuse.

And what about Ian? He's really fishy with his not promising her a ring story to his brother and won't even let her meet his parents, what was that?!?!? And she picks him. Great...but you know what? She says that she is attracted to him and I think that in the long run, it takes a lot more than a physical attraction to keep you together. Ian is too cool and too eas on all of this.

Matthew I hope is the last man standing...even though at this point, who knows what will happen?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
Meredith should dump Ian tonight. She could just tell him that since he didn't want her meeting his parents. That she didn't think he would feel comfortable being in the final 2 and meeting her parents.

Gina99 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-18-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gina99 Click to send private message to Gina99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
I totally agree with you. I was surprised and disappointed when she gave him that 'time' excuse.

My guess is that he figured it our anyway and has had problems with his mother and her off-putting hostess ways before. I wish he would have interjected to try to make her comfortable but his whole family did Meredith a big favor in the long run.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lanny's mom"
While I was watching the show lastnight they had a small interview session with Meredith during a commercial break. One of the reporters asked her if Lanny's mother was really psycho. Meredith's answer was "Lanny's mother is very protective of Lanny".

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-19-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
Even though Meredith didn't say it as the reason why she rejected Lenny, I think Lenny's mom is a big factor in her decision to send Lenny home. I don't think Meredith is very comfortable in such a religious household.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

motorkitty 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-19-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motorkitty Click to send private message to motorkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
I think that "we didn't have enough time" is just the standard stock safe answer to use......rather than get all personal and make the person feel like it was something they did. I think it's really lame, but it's the easy way out........how about Chads rejection last night??? He kept asking if there was something he could have done differently. Chad and Meredith had about as much chemistry as oil and water. Say waht you will about Ian, but at least he's being honest about not giving her a ring, and wanting to take it slow and get to know each other better out of the spotlight. I think either Ian or Matt would be a good choice, but I doubt that it will last.......these things so rarely do once the cameras are turned off, and the exotic locations are gone......

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-19-04, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I am so disappointed in Meredith's rejection of Lanny"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 00:09 AM (EST)

She really DIDN"T have enough time with Lanny. The only real time she had with him was on their one-on-one where, clearly, he didn't tell her much. She was blind-sided by his mother and way of life. What she omitted was the "and now that I know more... I know it couldn't work". I think she felt it would be hurtful and disrepectful to Lanny - who she clearly adored - and his mom - who he clearly adores, if she told him the visit sunk his ship. What that seems to imply, rightly or wrongly, is that there's something wrong with his families' lifestyle. I think she handled it gracefully in her simple way.

That said... how cute is Lanny!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •