The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV Guide Preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-02-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV Guide Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 02:21 AM (EST)

Thanks to QuartzEye for capturing this "sneak peak" at the upcoming 30 minute promo scheduled for Sunday Night at 8:00PM...http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=18280.topic

Appears to be Ian, Jonathan and Gregg competing in some kind of a challenge. They are carrying heavy bags through some kind of a course.

The color scheme appears to be blue and brown (Ulong and Korror). These three apparently survived the "pick 'em" elimination and made it to the first team immunity challenge.
Ian and Jonathan are on the brown(Korror) tribe and Gregg is carrying a blue (Ulong) bag.

This may be another leg of the challenge we saw earlier, where Kimberley and Angie appeared to be balancing. The stronger tribe members were probably selected for this leg.

We now have three more survivors identified competing in the challenge. Those not seen are still possible candidates for the first two spots...

By a process of elimination we can narrow the list of candidates for the first two eliminations:

Coby, Tom, Bobby Jon, and Jennifer appear to be empathetic and emotional as the first two players are eliminated from the game. They appear to be safe.

Ian, Jonathan and Gregg competing in a challenge. Safe from the “pick ‘em” elimination.

Angie, James and Kimberly competing in a challenge

Coby on Korror and Kimberley with blue buff (Ulong)

We also have weight loss spoilers for Ibrehem, Katie, Stephenie and Gregg.

That leaves Ashlee, Caryn, Janu, Jeff, Jolanda, Wanda and Willard still under consideration...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TV Guide Preview Flowerpower 02-02-05 1
 RE: TV Guide Preview pmspml5 02-02-05 2
 RE: TV Guide Preview volsfan 02-02-05 3
   He trips? FesterFan1 02-02-05 4
       RE: He trips? volsfan 02-02-05 6
 No Buffs sweetpea 02-02-05 5
   RE: No Buffs Krautboy 02-02-05 7
   RE: No Buffs Brownroach 02-02-05 8
       RE: No Buffs PhoenixMons 02-02-05 9
           RE: No Buffs Flowerpower 02-02-05 10
               RE: No Buffs Brownroach 02-02-05 13
   Agree FesterFan1 02-02-05 11
       RE: Agree PhoenixMons 02-02-05 12
       RE: Agree Flowerpower 02-02-05 14
           RE: Agree lovwigglesworth 02-02-05 15
 RE: TV Guide Preview cuon10 02-07-05 16
   RE: TV Guide Preview KLicK 02-07-05 17
       RE: TV Guide Preview volsfan 02-07-05 18
           RE: TV Guide Preview KLicK 02-07-05 26
               RE: TV Guide Preview Spidey 02-08-05 34
 Willard txmomma26 02-07-05 19
   RE: Willard cuon10 02-07-05 20
       RE: Willard Corvis 02-07-05 21
 TV Guide Magazine pics Corvis 02-07-05 22
   RE: TV Guide Magazine pics Krautboy 02-07-05 23
       RE: TV Guide Magazine pics munson 02-07-05 25
           RE: TV Guide Magazine pics Krautboy 02-07-05 30
   RE: TV Guide Magazine pics lovwigglesworth 02-07-05 24
       RE: TV Guide Magazine pics cuon10 02-07-05 27
           RE: TV Guide Magazine pics biancaxxx 02-07-05 31
   Who's behind Janu? Krautboy 02-07-05 28
       RE: Who's behind Janu? munson 02-07-05 29
 TVGuide Magazine Preview munson 02-08-05 32
   RE: TVGuide Magazine Preview cuon10 02-08-05 33
 TV Guide tonight & a Ibe/Jenn ? PhoenixMons 02-17-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-05, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 07:44 AM (EST)

Excellent new vidcaps there! I have speculated that Caryn and Gregg can be seen in the vidcap with Jennifer crying and wiping a tear away after the emotional elimination of two of her peers. As she is seen with them facing her, I speculate that this is when the pick'em is over and they have broken off into groups, perhaps to receive their buffs, so I speculate that Caryn and Gregg would also be safe here. Also Janu, in the blue jeans behind Bobby Jon, could be safe as she is still there in the line up as well....as is Tom, who is seen next to the reacting Coby.

Jolanda and Janu are both seen in vidcaps that are associated with tribal colors which we "speculate" that it means they make it into a tribe in pmspml5's thread Tribes and First Boot Speculation.

If all of this speculation pans out, it would narrow our list of survivors that could be the first two eliminated to:
Ashlee, Jeff, Wanda, and Willard

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-02-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
I though I read somewhere - not sure where that Willard did not return to work at the time he was suppose to because his weight was still down.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
It looks to me like the guy falling down is attached to a rope in the bottom on the video. It looks to me like the rope is pulled tight as he falls. Does anyone else see that?

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "He trips?"
It looks to me like he's tripping on a partially submerged rope, vols. There's probably an obstacle element to the challenge as well. The ropes look to be tied to stakes and have to be negotiated by the players as they run through the shallow water.

Fester

02-02-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: He trips?"
You are prolly right. It just looks like that rope tightens though.

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "No Buffs"
It has since been pointed out at Sucks that these are "Dream Teamers" practicing the challenge as there are no buffs visable and the guy in front doesn't look like any of the Survivors.

02-02-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No Buffs"
Thanks Sweatpea! No buffs does cast doubt on this being a challenge...

So, the thought is that the TV Guide Preview is a "behind the scenes" special, and will show the challenge being "tested" by members of the crew, rather than footage of the actual survivors competing?

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No Buffs"
The first guy is definitely not Ian -- his hair isn't floppy enough. It doesn't look like anyone else either. I don't think MB's ever shown stand-ins' faces before, but maybe he did it as a trick, since the other two guys do resemble specific contestants.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-02-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No Buffs"
He's also not tall enough or skinny enough to be Ian.

Got blog?

02-02-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No Buffs"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

I am not sold at all on the speculation that these are stand-ins in the apparent challenge footage. I think that the guy in the middle who stumbles on the tight rope looks just like Jonathan and the guy in the back looks just like Gregg, even their bodies....I think it's highly doubtful that these are subs that could pass for body doubles...

As for the guy in front, speculated to be Ian. He is wearing glasses, as Ian does, and he has the same hair color, although in this pic it "seems" to be shorter, yet this is a motion picture.... I also think that the guy in front is considerably taller than the guy in last, Gregg(who I know is over 6' tall), which fits with Ian. And, he is much thinner as well, look at the size of his legs, thighs, he's very thin, just as Ian is...and look at his abs... I think it is NOT plausible that they have 3 body doubles that are employed by EPMB Seg that could be twins of three of their contestants...NO WAY.

So, I discount the theory that these are stand-ins...buffs or no buffs!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No Buffs"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

He is wearing glasses, as Ian does, and he has the same hair color, although in this pic it "seems" to be shorter, yet this is a motion picture

FP, the animation makes it even clearer that it is not Ian since this guy's hair barely moves while he's running -- Ian's would be flopping over his face, obscuring his hairline, whereas this guy's hairline stays completely exposed.

ETA:
I think it is NOT plausible that they have 3 body doubles that are employed by EPMB Seg that could be twins of three of their contestants...NO WAY.

If you look at guy #3 closely, he resembles Greg in a generic way but does not look exactly him. I think it's very likely MB could find among his production staff some people with the same general body types and coloring as some of the contestants (particularly in this young-ish crew).

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

No way that's Ian in the front. That's not his body frame. The pants don't match his. The hair isn't his. And Ian doesn't have sunglasses.

It's not Coby, Willard, Ibrehem, Jeff, Tom, Bobby, or James, either. Therefore, even if we try to argue that the 2 in the back are Jonathan and Gregg (which I don't see, frankly), the guy in the front isn't anyone from the cast.

These guys are crew members who are testing the challenge. They do that all the time, for every challenge. They had an entire segment on it during the VH1 special that aired last year.

For comparison...

Fester

02-02-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Agree"
I don't think the other two look like them either. The middle guy looks the most like his Survivor counterpart, but the one who is supposedly Gregg doesn't look like him to me other than that he's got dark bushy hair.

Ian's hair is completely different from that of the guy in this pic...and it's not even the same color.

Got blog?

02-02-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Agree"
OKay, I stand corrected....I guess I just focused on the latter two in the pic, and you have to admit, they do look pretty close to Jonathan and Gregg....and I did question the pants that the one in front is wearing...

I suppose you guys are right! Never let it be said that I can't change my mind....

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Agree"
So we need to put Ian and Jonathon back on our list of first two out possiblities (not Greg because of the other pic as stated above).
We then have;
Ian, Jonathan, Ashlee, Jeff, Wanda, and Willard.
I am in agreement with the Ashlee/Wanda thinkers.
Of course all of this doesn't mean anything for guessing the 3rd person off.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-07-05, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
I just saw the TV Guide special and some of what I saw confirmed what I believed of some of the castaways. I think I am going to do something that could be a little bit fun as well. It is meant to be funny, but also what I get a sense of about some of the castaways. Alot of what we have read about Bobby Jon not being the "sharpest knife in the drawer" is probably pretty accurate. It is not just an act. The rumors and speculations about this one being Thailandish, is probably partially correct.
I am getting the sense that they focus on Angie for a reason. They get very caught up in the "look" part of this on the tvguide special. I think that this is to make some sort of a point by the end of the season.
I am a die hard survivor fan and will watch no matter what, but I believe when Jeff Probst said,"Please don't apply if you plan to quit." was probably a sincere request. Just listening to a few of these guys, you feel that there might be a quitter in there somewhere. Or two.

Female most likely to whine or quit: Male:
(tie) Ashley/Jenn Bobby Jon

Female likely be voted off first: Male:
(tie) Ashley/Wanda (tie)Jeff/Ibrehem

Most surprising Female: Male:
Angie Ian

Too over the top female: Male:
Janu Jame

Most annoying female" Male:
(tie)Janu/Wanda Jeff

One of females most likely Male:
to make it to final 6:
Stephanie Gregory

Female most clueless: Male:
Ashley Bobby Jon

Bossiest female: Biggest Redneck:
Caryn (tie)naturally made
Bobby Jon
(overacting and badly)
James
Most Boring female: Most Boring Male:
Caryn Willard

Most likely to get lost: Male:
Ashlee (tie)Bobby Jon/Coby

Biggest Diz: Biggest #####:
Ashlee Jeff

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-05, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
The challenge in the shots is being run by "the dream team" made up of 24 stand-ins who test every challenge before it is run.

The challenge itself is pretty cool. They are carrying 25 pound packs and are tethered together. They are also attached to a oval "track." The tribes start on opposite sides and everyone runs clockwise. The first tribe to catch the other tribe wins.

02-07-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
18. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
So my eyes are not playing tricks on me? The guy that falls in the clip that KB posted is actually attached to the rope? Is that what you are saying?

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
Right! They are attached to one another and are also hooked to the track (I know there's a word that starts with a "C" -- It's what Colby was doing in Australia when he "cheated" and Amber should have won the challege. ;) -- cava...something)

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
carabiner is the word you are looking for.

Helpful is my middle name.

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Willard"
I was able to catch the first fifteen minutes or so where they were intro-ing the Survivors. The comment that stuck with me the most was JP's regarding Willard - "I like him the most out of the players in several years"

Makes you wonder how far Willard goes....

02-07-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Willard"
Based on the fact that there are weight loss spoilers on different message boards that talk about his "weight loss" being significant and that he was not able to return to work for several days, it could be far. People are still assuming physical fitness is all about the look outside of the body. The
six-pack, the tight buns, muscular chest, perky, toned breasts.
They do not realize that it also has to do with inner physical health. Willard could be in top physical condition better than any of the younger guys. Lots of six-packers have habits that affect their physical stamina and endurance. There is also this misrepresentation that the more muscular and toned and the less body fat, even into the negatives, is healthier. That is not so.
A person that trains their body to peak "muscle perfection" has their muscles burning fat even in their sleep and that boils down to a body that itself has trained itself into expecting certain things at certain times and some people's bodies do not deal well with that. It can cause a person to lose more energy than maybe a runner. Willard may have been able to keep people fooled by just being older, people assume he cannot have as much
"endurance" the key to this game is always going to be 2 parts
endurance, two parts strategy and one part physical ability.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Willard"
I believe the only "weight loss" spoilers for Willard come from the fact that he didn't return to work right away. We don't know why he didn't return - could be weight loss or it could be he just decided to take a vacation from work. They did return a few weeks before Christmas.

I am beginning to wonder if Willard isn't the other person eliminated in the Pick Em scenario. Or Jeff. Or Caryn. Or Janu. Or... Ahhh! Who knows?

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "TV Guide Magazine pics"
I have images that put Janu and maybe Jolanda on Koror.

http://survivorthoughts.blogspot.com

02-07-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
23. "RE: TV Guide Magazine pics"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

Thanks for posting these Corvis!

Jolanda on Korror after winning a challenge? Does the Ulong tribe go to TC?

Or is this after Ian picks Jolanda to be on his tribe? Are the buffs handed out as the members are picked?

Ian is smiling and happy and on the same tribe with Jolanda, so in either case, he's not hugging her goodbye after the sad, emotional elimination event.

Krautboy

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-07-05, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: TV Guide Magazine pics"
If the buffs are handed out as members are picked, I doubt Jolanda would have stopped to wrap the buff so carefully around her bicep before offering a hug of gratitude to Ian as this picture shows.

Of the two choices you offer, KB, I'd lean toward a Challenge victory.

But that's a huge leap.

02-07-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
30. "RE: TV Guide Magazine pics"
Hi Munson:

These two shots show that you are correct. It is not a buff around Jolanda's arm...in fact it's probably not a buff around Ian's neck, just part of Jolanda's armband...

Here's the armband of Jolanda in a pre-buff vidcap, so I don't think we are looking at a brown buff around Jolanda's bicep. Jolanda may have a blue buff around her neck or on her head, or this may be a pre-buff shot and neither is wearing a buff yet.

In fact, the brown thing at Ian's neck may just be Jolanda's armband, and buffs may not have been handed out yet...

Then why is Jolanda hugging Ian and why is Ian so happy? Have Jolanda and Ian just won the competition that makes them the "pick 'em" captains? These two could easily win a race to determine the first pickers.

Krautboy

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TV Guide Magazine pics"
Thanks Corvis!
So exclusively combining caps that we definately see buffs in this is what I see.
Brown buffs:
From Corvis above=Jolanda, Janu, and Ian
Shot on sucks of Ibreham in brown buff includes Katie, Willard, and Jonathon
Then the cap of Coby
Means brown so far confirmed is Jolanda, Janu, Ian, Ibreham, Katie, Willard, Jonathan, and Coby (that's 8)
Blue buffs:
Cap of Bobby in buff also has Ashlee and Kim
Cap of Kim has Stephanie
And cap of Angie
Means blue so far confirmed is Bobby, Ashlee, Kim, Stephanie, and Angie (that's 5)

Missing people are: Jeff, Wanda, Jennifer, Caryn, Greg, Tom, and James
Any other caps that I am missing that actually show a buff in them to confirm??

02-07-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
27. "RE: TV Guide Magazine pics"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 11:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 10:49 PM (EST)

Gregg is on brown team. I believe it is on Survivor Shrine or Survivor Fire. I will try to get the link and post it. It could have been the TV guide special, but I do not think so. I looked at a bunch of captions.
OR Survivor update.com. IF anyone gets there before me, please,please post it.

Tribal Divisions:

Survivor Phoenix Reports that:
"We will see a competition, though NOT a challenge. The competition should yield two winners who will begin a pick'em style chain selection for members of each squad... oops, make that 'each tribe'. The last two players remaining will be cut at this point ... oops, make that 'eliminated'.

Tribal Division Chart
Koror Tribe
Mascot: Stingray

Buff Color: Brown

Caryn (TV Guide assoc with brown buff)
Coby (Koror sign)
Gregg (TV Guide assoc. with brown buff pic)
Ian (TV Guide brown buff pic, paddle ring)
Janu (TV Guide brown buff pic)
Jolanda (TV Guide assoc. with brown buff pic)
Tom (TV Guide assoc. with brown buff pic)
Willard (Source: Biancaxxx)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulong Tribe
Mascot = Shark

Buff Color = Blue

Angie (Blue Buff Vid Cap)
Ashlee (Assoc. with blue buff pic)
Bobby (Blue buff vid cap)
James (Source: Biancaxxx)
Jennifer (Assoc. with blue buff pic)
Ibrehem (TV Guide article: flirt with Jennifer; iffy evidence)

Unconfirmed: Wanda, Jeff, Jonathan, Katie
Note: Two of these 4 are most likely eliminated
from the game before the tribes are chosen

Based on the information here and on what I just posted, by process of elimination the two most likely eliminated are:
Wanda and Jeff. Because the only ones that do not seem to be linked to a buff or weight loss spoiler are those two.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: TV Guide Magazine pics"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-05 AT 03:27 AM (EST)

James and Willard are spec.

But I do know that Jolanda is on Ulong.

02-07-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
28. "Who's behind Janu?"

Who do we see behind Janu, also competing in the IC? Is he competing against Janu or with her on the same team?

Krautboy

02-07-05, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Who's behind Janu?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

The picture in the new TVGuide is much clearer. I'm looking at it right now and it sure looks like Coby to me.

Hmmm. Don't see Janu carrying a 25 lb. pack or tethered to anyone. Could this pic be from E2?

02-08-05, 00:10 AM (EST)
32. "TVGuide Magazine Preview"
I haven't seen this posted here yet so thought I'd add it, if only for completeness. If it's somewhere else, well, then, let's review...

The pics of Janu running and of Ian and Jolanda hugging posted above are from the new TVGuide (Feb 13 - 19 issue). Two other pics are included: a group shot of the entire cast and a shot of Kimberly and Stephanie (early alliance perhaps?) hip deep in the water carrying some kind of, I don't know, cloth they used as a net to catch, what is that, something?

The article confirms the stuff we already know: three out in E1, starting out the game as one tribe and a "brutal shocker...occurs in the first 10 minutes."

Quote Jeff,

We're saying, 'There's the beach and a couple of machetes. Are you a tribe? Beats me!' They don't know what's coming."

Some tidbits:

**Jeff attempts to walk a crab on a leash like a pet dog. I hate him already.

**Ibrehem flirts with Jennifer. Romber redux? Ibrehemifer?

**All the young contestants plan to use flirting as strategy. Great, the last resort of the vapid but beautiful is the primary course of action for this sorry lot. C'mon, Tom! Bring it home for all of us not twentysomethings.

**James "I'm one broke-azz redneck" breaks down in tears as he explains how much he needs the money to support his stripper wife and their four kids, living in a flea infested trailer, broke down truck, etc.. It's great when it writes itself, isn't it?

**Tom is already worried about a youngun's alliance, fearful of getting shut out.

**Jeff proves Tom's not paranoid as he discuss getting the younguns to band together to vote out the old fogies.

Bashers ought to be rockin' this go around! Easy pickins.

There it is, FWIW.

02-08-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
33. "RE: TVGuide Magazine Preview"
Yes, but there is possibly some light in the tunnel. I think Jeff goes pretty early. I also find it funny that there are so many out there that keep calling those in "physique physically fit" the most physically fit. 6-pack abs does not mean Ibrehem is stronger than Willard or Tom. He may have a washboard tummy, but either of those guys could be as fit or better. There are more factors in true fitness than just the musculoskeletal condition. True, it is more likely that what the eye sees tells alot about a persons fitness level, but not everything. Plus, there are many situations where a person conditions so much, that any "significant" break in their training or routine can leave them weak and their body in chaos. One of the docs I used to work for was in sports medicine. That was part of Osten's problem. His body protested against breaking routine and the crybaby quit.
I don't think that "youth" is going to be the main factor in alliances. What starts out as what someone wants, may not last long. Besides, with Jeff's "attitude" he want last long.
Worse than the older eating their young, is when the young turn on their own. Nothing can be more volitile.
Then, you have "Angie" who does not necessarily fit in with the "Barbie" crowd. And Katie who is not exactly "Barbie."
Ian, who in many pics seems to have a friendship with Tom. And Jenn is not really one of the younger. If you remember on Vanuatu, the younger females were all in their 20's except for Lisa. I do not think the numbers are as skewed towards youth and will play out that way either. The two strongest women of Palau are Jolanda(39) and Janu (39). At least physically. I do not know about Janu's mental tolerance.

02-17-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
35. "TV Guide tonight & a Ibe/Jenn ?"
preview on the TV Guide Channel at 7 EST...hosted by Jeff Varner.

Also, for anyone who has a copy of the TV Guide with the article about the Survivors that some have been quoting...could you post the exact quote that refers to Ibrehem and Jenn flirting? I was just thinking about this info since they aren't on the same tribes...

If the flirting happens before the pick 'em, and the pick 'em goes as we're assuming and Jolanda likely picks Ibrehem first (and then gets to make his own pick on the next round), I'd think he might pick Jenn. If the flirting happens after the pick 'em, I wonder when it would happen if they are not on the same tribe (unless they are all at the same camp or in very close proximity to each other). Just wondering if there's anything more to make of this given that we now know that they're not on the same tribes. I wasn't sure if there was reason to start a new thread on this, so I just put it here.

Got blog?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •