The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"We need to voice our frustration"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kipkano 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-28-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kipkano Click to send private message to kipkano Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"We need to voice our frustration"
I just sent a message to the SO website's 'feedback'. It would be effective if several people wrote and told them how displeased we are with what the show has become and their sensationalized 'teasers'.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... sowatcher333 11-28-05 1
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Zhenya32 11-29-05 9
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... sowatcher333 11-29-05 12
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... DrusillaSchneider 01-21-06 65
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BeenThere 12-16-05 28
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BeenThere 12-16-05 29
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Kandi Red 12-23-05 43
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 12-24-05 46
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Chachi 12-23-05 44
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BoobTube 11-28-05 2
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Amalfi coast girl 11-28-05 3
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BoobTube 11-28-05 4
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... dopeydwarf 11-29-05 5
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BeenThere 12-16-05 30
               RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Cygnus X1 12-16-05 34
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Ingenue1983 11-29-05 6
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... RollDdice 12-15-05 27
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... poetic1 11-29-05 7
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Barbied0ll 12-09-05 20
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... dultimate1 12-16-05 36
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... 3girlsmom 11-29-05 8
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Zoey 11-29-05 10
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... SOWayz 11-29-05 11
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Kelliedn 11-29-05 13
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... farmor 11-29-05 14
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... deededell 11-30-05 15
       Don't post your e-mail address Cygnus X1 12-13-05 24
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... bentherdunthat 12-01-05 16
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Stormy Sky 12-04-05 17
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... VictoriaB 12-07-05 18
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Barbied0ll 12-09-05 19
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BeenThere 12-16-05 31
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Ldychef2k 12-09-05 21
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... teagreenribbons 12-09-05 22
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... BeenThere 12-16-05 32
 OPEN LETTER TO THE SO PRODUCERS/LIF... JustBeingAuthentic 12-12-05 23
 Nothing wrong with voicing frustrat... Cygnus X1 12-13-05 25
   RE: Nothing wrong with voicing frus... Cygnus X1 01-14-06 62
       RE: Nothing wrong with voicing frus... OklaBlue 01-14-06 63
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... kkjohnson 12-14-05 26
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Sweeti 12-16-05 33
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... LoveMyTiara 12-16-05 35
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... lydia 12-17-05 37
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... jeana28 12-20-05 38
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... stankgirl 12-20-05 39
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Cygnus X1 01-13-06 56
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Mrsfrz 12-22-05 41
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... daylily 12-23-05 42
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... LoveMyTiara 12-24-05 45
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 12-30-05 48
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... EnfanTerrible 12-21-05 40
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... lavendarJ 12-27-05 47
 Bump mysticwolf 01-11-06 49
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 01-12-06 50
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 01-12-06 51
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... L_11 01-12-06 52
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 01-12-06 53
               RE: We need to voice our frustratio... L_11 01-12-06 54
                   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... whoitswhatsits 01-13-06 55
                   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Cygnus X1 01-13-06 58
                       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... L_11 01-13-06 59
           RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Cygnus X1 01-13-06 57
               RE: We need to voice our frustratio... Bmw4mom 01-14-06 60
                   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 01-14-06 61
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... EnfanTerrible 01-21-06 64
 RE: We need to voice our frustratio... isittooreal 01-22-06 66
   RE: We need to voice our frustratio... OklaBlue 01-22-06 67
       RE: We need to voice our frustratio... tac_2 01-22-06 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sowatcher333 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-28-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowatcher333 Click to send private message to sowatcher333 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I've written them twice now I feel like a crazy person - LOL! I've never felt the need to write to a television show before. But I truly enjoyed SO's prior seasons. I looked forward to the women's stories and learning what I could from each one. I mostly enjoyed watching the interaction amongst the group and how issues would get solved - I didn't have much of that growing up and really appreciate learning

This year could have been great. I initially felt the women's stories were some of the most compelling yet. I've just been shocked at what a mess the show has become in so many ways. I'm really disgusted.

It's just such a shame what they've done to the show this year, and I don't understand it.

Zhenya32 61 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zhenya32 Click to send private message to Zhenya32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Okay, I just sent this rant to the SO feedback address. I feel like a crazy woman too, but it is just so frustrating and at least now I feel like I've voiced my opinion:

I am frustrated with your coaching this season! Your assignments seem to be mostly geared toward finding something cute or visual for each individual character to do, without really showing what the application is or how it is supposed to help them in their outside/normal life.

What is even more frustrating is that you seem to be ignoring the unhealthy dynamic between the women in the house which is the most interesting thing about your show. It is also something that will most help these people outside - especially since so many of them have trouble forming intimate relationships. Oh, sure, you have addressed it once in board of review, and in a couple of group meetings, but you never seem to follow through on it.

Yesterday's episode, when Iyanla confronted the women about their gossiping, was one of the most interesting ones I have seen all season, and I tuned in today eager to see how you LCs were following up on it. But on today's show you didn't even mention it, and I don't see any followup based on your teasers (which are misleading half the time anyway), either.

One thing I didn't understand was why the focus was on Jill and TJ, who in my opinion (and most of those on the message boards if you read them) are the most straightforward of all the houseguests there, and let Allison, Jessica, and Christina - who seem to do most of the gossiping, backstabbing, and clique-forming off the hook.

Why are you letting Allison be such a bad accountability partner to TJ? From what I see, she hardly ever makes an effort to talk to TJ, let alone show any kind of empathy or a desire to understand her and help her. And Iyanla's follow-up to the gossip group with Allison was to complement her on not paying attention to the feedback from Jill & TJ. (And Jessica and Christina, who are the WORST were hardly even addressed.)

Then there was Lisa & Jessica's little gossipy outburst in the car - doing exactly what you were talking about in the first place. Don't you watch these video tapes? Why weren't they immediately called out on that!

I wish you would confront each of the houseguests with a montage of times when they have been badmouthing, gossiping, or ganging up on each other and bring it all out into the open.

Instead, we have to watch Lisa be forced to do yet another stupid sales assignment (ever occur to you that her professional gifts may not be in sales?) or Allison man the phones and have a celebrity appearance with Magic Johnson. (Which, by the way, is another thing I'm sick and tired of. Your pseudo-"celebrity" guests that seem to show up on every-other show with their dubious wisdom and the latest book they are trying to sell. These are the most boring segments of the show. And are you really trying to hold up someone like Karrine Steffans as the best example of a "woman of honor" for Christina or any of the other millions of young women watching this?!)

I don't know if you read the message boards on realitytvworld.com, but you should because there is a huge backlash against what is happening this season and if you want to keep your viewers support for this season or any future season, something needs to change.

When I started watching SO last season, I couldn't wait to get home everyday to see what happened had happened on that episode. Now I am so frustrated and bored with the show, I am skipping episodes, and debating whether I really even want to keep watching.

I don't think what you are doing is helping the houseguests very much, and it is definitely not applying to my life the way it used to.

Please get serious about making the houseguests face themselves and each other. That was the beauty of Starting Over, and it is gone...

sowatcher333 81 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowatcher333 Click to send private message to sowatcher333 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Zhenya32, thank you for sharing your note to the show. You put into words what I couldn't. I have written them, but did not cover thoroughly the topics on my mind as you did

I have to say I feel so much frustration with the lack of helping T.J., because I feel so much like her with ADD issues. I couldn't have put together my thoughts as you did You did a great job of covering everything!

DrusillaSchneider 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-21-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrusillaSchneider Click to send private message to DrusillaSchneider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
@sowatcher333...I have ADD ADHD as well, so that was one of the reasons I could relate to TJ as well.
Also I write things backwards a lot as well and when I saw that she struggles with that as well...I could so relate.

BeenThere 69 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeenThere Click to send private message to BeenThere Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I began watching the show recently, and got hooked quickly.

I agree and have been angered by how many great topics the LCs bring up and then just 'drop' and allow to trail off into nothingness. Therefore the residents cannot learn from their mistakes or have a choice to correct some behaviors that are not serving them well. Isn't that what they are there for?

I admire the way the LC's are a support system for the residents, and there is a time and place for the 'understanding' approach and loving someone back to health. But there is also a time and place for the growth that comes from suggesting that a person look at their own faults. We all have them, it's not like it's going to kill anyone to be confroned with a suggestion that they may want to take a look at their personal ways of self-sabatoge.

The discussion about "Gossip/Secrets/What is the Funk in the House?" is a perfect example. It was brought up, exposed, discussed, and then just dropped (and continues today). No one learned anything about themselves in the area of gossip/hiding your feelings/the disfunction of secrets. What a lost opportunity for personal growth for all the residents.

And would someone please explain to Lisa what a FEELING is? She has no clue and therefore keeps on running her same games under the new guise of "I'm expressing my feelings".

There are only a handfull of feelings: guilt (when you've actually made a mistake & done something wrong); shame (when you feel you've done something wrong but actually haven't); joy; sadness; fear, anger. That's only 6, I think there are 1 or 2 more...shame on me, I can't remember them! Maybe someone can help me out?

12-16-05, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeenThere Click to send private message to BeenThere Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Beautifully and wisely expressed. Thank you.

Kandi Red 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-23-05, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kandi%20Red Click to send private message to Kandi%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I think some of you are forgetting this is a tv show and you wont see all you dream to see because they put 48 hours of time in a 46 min(before comercials) slot.So there is a lot we don't see and until you all have a psycology degree you should not be handing out what you think to be great advice.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-24-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-05 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

"until you all have a psycology degree you should not be handing out what you think to be great advice" (that's psychology)

I think this is directed at we posters....not allowed.
And, there probably are a lot more psych degreed persons posting than on this show.

However, it is great advice for the LC's...neither of whom have a degree in psychology.

And, yes, this is a TV show, geared with editing to bring up the most controversy, viewership, and money possible. They call it reality TV but it is far from real. Totally crafted.

Chachi 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chachi Click to send private message to Chachi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Hello,
I have just posted a note on this message board about how upset I am because this is the second year that I get so interested in the show then suddenly I can't see anyone going to graduation because all ther shows that they are airing are from the beginning of the season. UGGGG!!! You said you wrote to the show twice. I would like to do the same. Can you e-mail me the web site or the address so I can yell at them too??? LOL Thank you.
Chachi68@aol.com

BoobTube 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BoobTube Click to send private message to BoobTube Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Thanks for starting this thread. Now I feel like I can take action and back up an ethical solution.
I wrote to the website also. This is too big of an opportunity for women NOT to speak out.

"What's even worse than forcibaly being silenced, is self-silencing"

Amalfi coast girl 396 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-28-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to send private message to Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I just sent a e-mail to the show as well. Hopefully if enough of us do it we will get their attention.

BoobTube 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BoobTube Click to send private message to BoobTube Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
bump

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I am glad others are doing the feedback thing. i sent 'em one about an hour ago. Keep them coming!!
I told them they ought to read this board, and what people are saying here.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

12-16-05, 06:01 AM (EST)
30. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
What does 'bump' mean?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I answered you here.

BTW, the above was not a proper use of a bump. Also explained in that thread.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

Ingenue1983 55 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ingenue1983 Click to send private message to Ingenue1983 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Hey,

This is actually my very first post... yet I feel as if I know several of you and I recognize many names here! So now it's time for me to actually say hello and stop being such a "lurker!"

I do think there are many, many people who ARE very upset about SO#3 but will not actually take (or maybe even have!) the time to write a letter to "Starting Over" about what they think. After all, you won't get a reply... and if you do, it will be an automatic form letter, (at best) thanking you for your feedback. (By the way - I, personally, am appalled by how different it is this season... and it isn't an improvement to say the least...)

So, I know that it may seem fruitless to send a letter when you don't know whether it is being read or if it is just disappearing into cyberspace.

I work in entertainment and I PROMISE that letters from the viewers ARE accounted for... I know it seems like our letters might just disappear in some black hole of "fan" mail, but they really don't. After all, if the viewers are not happy they will switch the channel.... and if they switch the channel, the advertisers will switch channels as well.

You might get more people on board if you have people add their names and e-mail addresses onto one letter... and then, of course, as many people as possible should draft their own letter to the Starting Over staff.

So keep on writing!
Rachel

Wait, is it StartingOver.tv or is it now TheAllisonShow.tv? Food... err, "Sammiches" for thought...

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Welcome, Ingenue.
Your sig pic is over the legal size for RTW (60 pixels high, no more than 500 pixels wide, under 20k file size), so I thought I'd wash it in hot water and shrink it down a bit.

To use it, hit "Reply with quote" and copy the file text, from "http" through "5b9d6.jpg".

Objects with bevel may be larger than they appear.

poetic1 174 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail poetic1 Click to send private message to poetic1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
>I just sent a message to
>the SO website's 'feedback'.
>It would be effective if
>several people wrote and told
>them how displeased we are
>with what the show has
>become and their sensationalized 'teasers'.

I don't know how displeased I am with sensationalized teasers, as that is just network tv marketing. I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to give feedback, though. Here's the thing: I cannot get INTO the startingovertv website this season!! I have accessed this message board through reality tv message boards - even though I only came here because Starting Over is the ONLY reality tv show that I watch! Whenever I've tried to go to the SO website, it appears as though I'm getting somewhere, the bottom of the screen says "Starting Over - A Day...." and when it's all finished downloading I get a blank pale-blue screen!!
Does anyone know what is up with this???? It doesn't matter how long I leave the website up, it never gets me further than that blank pale-blue screen!! Please help with this! Thank you.
>

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Hmm could be a couple of things. It is obviously not the Starting over website, becasue others can get to it. Do you use dial up, comcast or dsl? Dial up, it could be too large for your computer. If you are on Dial up, your connection could just be too slow.

Couple of suggestions to try though.

1) Defragment your drive. ( if you have never done this go to search and type in defragment, and you should be able to do this. If you have never done this before, and you have had your computer for a while, it will take a really long time, this fixes all the errors on your computer. So make sure you do it when you won't need the computer for a while.)
2)Delete all cookies - Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Settings - View Files - Select all (Control - a) then press delete. Close all internet explorer browsers and try again.
3)Disable any pop up blockers.

You have probly already tried these things, but just incase, always willing to try to help another SO Fan!

dultimate1 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dultimate1 Click to send private message to dultimate1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
The suggestions on what to do with your computer concerning defrag and such are good ones, but it is most likely the security settings you have established on your browser window. Depending on which browser you own, would depend on what the directions would be on what to do to correct it. If your using Internet Explorer, check your security setting tab and make sure you are not trying to run it too high. Do this by hitting the Tools tab at the top of your browser window and then select Internet Options. Look under the tab marked security and see what you have that set at. Also, another place to check is under the Advanced Tab. Under that tab, scroll down to the Security section and make sure the SSL 2.0 amd SSL 3.0 boxes are checked.
Hope this helps you out.

3girlsmom 128 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 3girlsmom Click to send private message to 3girlsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Hello ladies,
I too sent a letter to So feed back. I am so frustrated with how the show is being edited for tv. All we see is the group gossiping about each other and to me Jill being indited was all for show. Why lisa gets so many chances is beyond me, they have kicked people off who did more than she ever has. They need to go back to season's one and two because that is what drew us in the first place. Now we all seem to watch hoping it is going to get better, and we are all disappointed everyday. The postings on the message boards show our distassfaction. I hope the producers read this site because if things don't get better alot of us may not even attempt to watch season 4.
Have a great day everyone.....
Kathy

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
The past seasons really were very different than this season. There was drama before, too, but the main focus was on helping the house guests.

I thought this show was innovative and different. It didn't try to give people a quick fix, worked on many different issues and you could actually learn from it. You could gain personally from it or just learn about different women's issues.

Maybe we are all just accustomed to the schtick now? I dunno, but I don't think as many viewers will change the channel as I think even more people will tune in to see the drama.

If any of you remember, Jerry Springer used to have a very quiet, typical (actually, overly-politically-correct) talk show. No one noticed him until his show turned into a freak show and then the ratings sored.

It's a shame. I really thought that SO was one hour of quality television. Not anymore. If they (the life coaches) had ANY integrety, they'd rather the show fail than become what they are supposedly against. And if they are under contracts, they could still insist on doing things their way. Dr. Stan doesn't seem to have changed.

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I have sent four e-mails to the show. I have been a devoted viewer and I'm very sad about the state of the show. No direction, no leadership, and accepted deception. The shows we are seeing now were taped in mid-September, before anyone in production could react to the message boards. It would be in January that we would see any reflection of the sentiments expressed on these boards.

Kelliedn 50 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelliedn Click to send private message to Kelliedn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I sent input earlier today. Hopefully we will somehow get it through their thick heads and the second half of the season will be as good as seasonn 1 and the beg of season 2. I wish I had saved it, but I did say something about when they won the emmy it was a great show and that is why they won and that I know they won't see another emmy if they continue with the show as they have been this year.

farmor 13 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail farmor Click to send private message to farmor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Kathy, I agree with you. This season is not as good as season 2 was, but for whatever reason I keep turning on the show with hopes it will get better. I guess as long as we watch, they will continue to get the good ratings.

~Susie~

farmorinca@aol.com

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-05, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"

If you compare the two seasons it is quite interesting what you find. The conflict in season 1 hgs was really something. Nyanza kept that house in complete disarray and was often cruel. Yet, those women were coached well to be women of integrity and I though the SO house showed us all how to handle conflict in a better way. Nyanza, Christine, and Cassie were bullies and the rest of the hgs called them on the carpet and by the time the season was over they had relinqueshed control.

Season 3 is nothing short of some serious ego problems being stroked by the LC's. Then there are 2 hgs that are not in the "in" group who are getting dumped on by both the hgs and the lc. It is a horrific injustice and it is a terrible reflection on a show that used to have much integrity. Rhonda should know better than to let a snotty nose selfish kid railroad her into letting TJ just sit in a corner until the season is over and TJ must graduate. Iyanla, she needs to hang up her sign. In this season alone she has put Jill at risk physically all the while Jill telling her how badly she hurt. Emotionally scarred Jill by Iv first response to a enormous tumor being "Jill, how could you let yourself get this sick" and then to kick Jill in the teeth she brings Jill outside and ask her really sweet "What's wrong?" Poor Jill answers "Well TJ and I have a problem with Allison" and fire explodes from IV face. Suddenly Jill is put in the hot seat and TJ on the whipping post. Iyanla has comprimised the integrity of the SO house and of everything good that could have been done this season.

12-13-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Don't post your e-mail address"
Hope you don't voice too much frustration with the spam you'll receive from posting your e-mail address on here.

There is NEVER a need to post your e-mail address. Any member can e-mail anyone else by clicking on the first of the four icons in the upper-right-hand corner of anyone's post. It'll direct an e-mail to whatever account they registered under, coming from the RTVW boards. Thus, your anonymity is protected.

Or you can send a PM (private message) by clicking the second icon from the left. That stays on RTVW.

If you LIKE getting spam, then post your address all you want. Just sayin'.

For info on how to change your address, see the Help Forum under Off Topic.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-01-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I wrote earlier in the season, and wrote again last week. You are right..if they get enough people writing about the decline in quality of the show, they can't ignore it.

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-05, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Sky Click to send private message to Stormy%20Sky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Sorry, kipcano, but I guess I'm one of the few that like this season's show. I relate to almost every woman there in someway. I for one, am learning a lot through the coaches, the women, just find it facinating.

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VictoriaB Click to send private message to VictoriaB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I feel the same way! My sister and I have been avid fans of SO since the first season and we’ve both learned a lot from watching the LCs and Dr. Stan interact with the women. I haven’t always liked ALL the HGs in season 1 & 2, or have been able to relate to ALL their issues, but I have learned a lot from watching the show.

Sadly, this season is different. I, too, emailed the show to express my disappointment via the website “feedback” option but have received no reply (even a form email).

I used to look forward to each episode but now just feel frustrated and disgusted by what’s been happening. These women, with the exception of Jill and TJ, are hard to root for and the LCs seem to play favorites and condone some of the HG’s abominable behavior. The atmosphere in the house is most often poisonous and not at all conducive to a safe place to heal.

I feel the show lost a lot of credibility when they didn’t ask Lisa to leave when she received a D AFTER they had all been told that an individual grade of C would be enough to get kicked out after their collective C.

The couple’s sessions at the beginning of the season were good, but the show has gone downhill since then. Initially, I liked this group of women and thought they each needed to be there but most have shown zero motivation to actually change their lives and few have gotten any “steps” toward their goal.

I wish Jessica would graduate (she’s made progress); TJ would receive some sincere help (the poor woman’s getting nowhere fast); Jill would get a few steps for her hard work; and Lisa, Christine and Allison would go.

Although I used to race home from work to watch the SO tape, now I don’t care if I see it or not. Who needs the aggravation? If I see it, fine. If not, okay too. I’ll tune in from time to time and give it another chance when the manipulative, phony troublemakers are gone.

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
ok, so I also just went to SO and submitted feedback. I am so disappointed in this season, and so bored, completely frustrated. they really need to get rid of everyone on the show except Jill she is the only one implenting and learning and really trying.

This is the worst, aboslute worst starting over ever! I am so disapointed in your show this season. I have been a fan since season one, and you are about to lose another. If you want this show to be successful, and continue, you are going to have to get a liitle tougher on these gals. Allision has overstayed her welcome, Christina needs to be coached on not walking away with her frustrations with TJ, Jessica, it is time for her to go, talk about boring, stuck up and showing no compassion for others and judging. You need to get rid of everyone but Jill. Jill is the only one on this show that is taking the lessons, learing from and implementing them into her life. Your lessons need to be more realistic, and you need to work towards graduating or kicking out the housemates sooner. You are losing a lot of us, just read the message boards for a change. It seems to me that this season, intstead of the housemates progressing, the house mates are being more screwed up than before they came, by the coaching. I am so disappointed, I used to love the show and learned a lot from it, now it just frustrates me. Get it together starting over, or there won't be a next season, because this season you are starting to lose a lot of fans.

12-16-05, 06:29 AM (EST)
31. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I am a newcomer to the show; I began watching after this season began. I've therefore been confused as I too watched some of the HGs get worse. I don't know if medical histories are taken, but TJ might need some medication...I see her trying to learn but perhaps she doesn't have enough focus to stay on task.

Allison will never make it on the outside without seriously committing to a support group like Adult Children of Alcoholics or Alanon Family Group The SO house can coddle her or confront her, it doesn't matter. She will make no progress until she recognizes the effects of alcoholism and is willing to overcome them; and that can only be done with others who have been through the same experience and are recovering.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing Lisa is a narcissist. She talks about her 'feelings' as if she knows what they are. I personally have never seen her express feeling (yes, even when she did her 'child abuse' therapy).

Ldychef2k 139 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ldychef2k Click to send private message to Ldychef2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I have just sent the following message to the roducers. I came here to start a thread like yours, but you beat me to it ! GOOD !!! We need to make our voices heard where it counts.

This is the email I sent, and I plan to do exactly what I have indicated.

"I have been a loyal viewer of SO for two years. No more. I am profoundly disappointed in the show this year. In particular, the inequity, dare I say the cruelty with which certain house guests are treated, and the substandard life coaching we are seeing have given me every reason I need to stop watching.

However, I plan to continue for one more week, in order to make a complete list of the sponsors of your show. I am then going to write letters to each and every one of them, and encourage the thousands of other dissatisfied viewers on the sundry web boards to do the same.

Serious errors in judgement have been made by the producers of SO this year. The most significant of which is underestimating the intellect and discernment of their audience."

Kris

teagreenribbons 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teagreenribbons Click to send private message to teagreenribbons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

Now after reading all of this thread, I'm going to send feedback to SO as well. Heres the feedback I sent to them. It was from a reply I did to one of the threads on here. Personally, don't NBC anymore because what they did to American Dreams, so on. This show should be off the air or at least on TLC. Wish they didn't get Vanessa Atler on the show last show all. Never liked her or her gymnastics. Thank you.

Jessica

12-16-05, 06:33 AM (EST)
32. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
You are so right about the audience, you and I included! I've been reading all the replies in this section: the insight is remarkable, the knowledge above average, and the ideas are presented with cohesive expression.

JustBeingAuthentic 25 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBeingAuthentic Click to send private message to JustBeingAuthentic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "OPEN LETTER TO THE SO PRODUCERS/LIFE COACHES"
I was going to start my own thread about this, but found this one.

I say why not just post your complaints here. You know that the powers that be check this website, after all, it's the only one linked on their website. I was a little surprised when I got here because I expected it to be a rah-rah, hooray for the houseguests site, highly edited and monitored. I was pleased to find plenty of reasonable intelligent adults here offering their opinions.

OPEN LETTER TO THE SO PRODUCERS/LIFE COACHES

Your show has become such a train wreck, that I , like Jill, have picked up a bowl of popcorn to watch the fireworks. If your goal was to produce a soap opera filled with a group of adult brats (and I'm not just talking Lisa. Please add Allison, Christina and Jessica), you're doing just fine. Personally, I'm entertained by the hypocritical commentary, the phoniness and preening for the camera. Because I like to laugh at these women.

The underdogs, i.e., the women who the audience (sorry Allison)is rooting for are T.J., who is sincerely trying despite the complete lack of support from ANYONE, houseguests and lifecoaches included, and Jill, who is way to smart for this bullsh--. They are the voice of the audience. I relate to them, not because of their problems, but because they are the only "authentic" people in the house. They're there to get help, not just to be on TV and get into the entertainment business. You busted Sommer for that last year. Perhaps whoever was responsible for that was stifled this go round.

You can peruse the pages and pages of posts where we've discussed all of the hypocrisy and unfairness. Lisa, Allison and Christina are snowing you and the home audience is starting to think that the show is being produced by junior high dropouts. That's right. You either think we're stupid (we're not), you're not so bright yourselves and think you're doing a great job, or you're completely aware of what you're doing and have given up helping these women and have switched to all drama all the time, all exploitation all the time.

Do us a favor then. Send Jill and TJ somewhere else, to people who will actually help them, and invite into the house the following: an ex-child molester who just lost her job at a preschool and is "dealing with changing careers" and a meth addict who feels ugly because she's "so skinny and men don't like her anymore."

Sorry if you don't like it, but I'm
JustBeingAuthentic

12-13-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
25. "Nothing wrong with voicing frustration here, but . . ."
I can all but guarantee that the suits at BMP will not read these boards. And since they gave many of you the heave-ho from the SO boards, they've made it clear that they don't -- and won't -- care what you think through this medium.

So I'm not saying this is a useless thread; if it serves the purpose of showing that you're not alone in how you feel about SO 3, all the better. But. Just don't expect anything to change because of it.

Maybe if you feel as strongly as you do, a snail-mail letter to BMP might be more effective and paid attention to:

Jonathan Murray, Chairman and President
Bunim/Murray Productions
P.O. Box 10421
Van Nuys, CA 91410

Good luck!

The only thing that really changes shows is ratings.

01-14-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Nothing wrong with voicing frustration here, but . . ."
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-06 AT 06:37 AM (EST)

Deleted - no longer accurate info.

01-14-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Nothing wrong with voicing frustration here, but . . ."
Maybe they were swamped with mail and email.....LOL

kkjohnson 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kkjohnson Click to send private message to kkjohnson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I think the biggest problem with the show this season is that you have 4 houseguests, late 30's to 40, and 1 houseguest, Jessica, who all need the same thing, to grow up. The dynamics were bad. The LC's only seemed to figure that out this week. I want to see more mature people facing specific issues or career changes, it would be better for overall dynamics.

Sweeti 138 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweeti Click to send private message to Sweeti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Has anyone heard back after sending feedback???

LoveMyTiara 45 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LoveMyTiara Click to send private message to LoveMyTiara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

Writing to Bunim-Murray is a great idea. I think that writing directly to the shows producers might help get the point across.
I'm pretty sure you can use the first initial and last name of each producer then type @bunim-murray.com. FOR EXAMPLE, someone there who is named Jane Smith would have the email address jsmith@bunim-murray.com. If that doesn't work, it could also be j.smith@bunim-murray.com. I can't quite remember. A couple of years ago I had some dealings with Bunim-Murray and received emails from some people there.

The supervising producers for SO are:
Andrea Bailey
Adriane A. Hopper
Laura A. Korkoian
Linda Midgett

If you tape the show, you can slow down or pause at the credits to get more names.
I think the more people who directly get emails, the more certain we can be that our voices are being heard.

lydia 109 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lydia Click to send private message to lydia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
>I just sent a message to
>the SO website's 'feedback'.
>It would be effective if
>several people wrote and told
>them how displeased we are
>with what the show has
>become and their sensationalized 'teasers'.
>

This season is clearly a disaster. I can't stand the location of the house which looks like they are on another planet. Chicago was the best place by far, as they could utilize so much of that wonderful city to actually help the hg's SO doing real life real life changing tasks besides the exercises they do in the house.
I used to get so much useful information for my own life and family members. The first two coaches were so much better together. Iyanla gets on my nerves and has done little to help her coachees. She's trying sound like the Dalai Lama or something. Meanwhile, Rhonda is burned out or has her own issues.
To not attend to Alison's alcoholism, and Mommy dependency problems is ridiculous. All that focus on her cancer, blah blah, and no attention to her biggest problem. She's an alcoholic like many of her other family members. Get her in a 12 step program for crying out loud and she can stop boohooing about the other stuff. There are so many cancer survivors and thrivers . . .hook her up with them.
To give Lisa humiliating tasks (selling crappy jewelry on the street) and allow her to moan and cry and whine like a two year old for weeks, and not help her build on her strengths, makes me crazy. Her skill sets and becoming an adult worker cannot be accomplished in jobs that are beneath her educational level and sense of pride. Give me a break.
If I see Jennifer cry one more time, although she is the most well-developed vocationally of the group and usually acts like an adult (besides TJ and Jill), I'm going to jump out a window. She has made it to her goal a long time ago. She's still there because they actually helped her to heal and she's thriving compared to everyone else!
Jill needs to have surgery. Now. Period. She can't lose the weight (a huge issue) until she gets rid of 40 pounds worth of tumors! She has skills that can be developed ala Andie Page. She's very articulate. Nothing happening there.
TJ is not supported and her housemates have eaten her alive. They could care less about her. She does show that she cares about them. The way she's treated saddens me, and I identify with her inability to connect because of her scattered thoughts, etc.
This was very bad casting, and the psychologist is the only one really helping anyone in a concrete way. This show in the past, did a lot of good, by helping, floundering women get on track with their lives. It gave them tools to really make something new out of their lives.
Right now everyone except Jennifer, is stuck in quicksand, and I sigh after every show. Get a clue SO Producers!

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Well then here is me voicing my frustration....

Hmm Are you sure this is Starting Over or Real World? I've seen both and i honestly dont seel alot of diffrence. They sit around all day, gossiping and backstabbing, having no real focus. It is getting Stale. It reminds me more of high school with the haves an the have nots. With the Head Cheerleader getting her way, not having a clue that she drives EVERYONE crazy.. ( Alison)

Maybe i dont know your Casting credentials,but id like to know WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE PEOPLE? Whos paying who here? With the exception of T.J. and Jill everyone makes me sick. The same rules you had for the first 2 seasons, you are abandoning this season. If someone wasnt doing their assignments,they got the boot.. Now what? they are moved "out of the house" and in the guest house? How long are you planning to baby Alison and Lisa? I know Teenagers who are more mature than those two combined. You might as well sign the adoption papers. They are alll yours. You hired them now your stuck with them.
Season 1 was wonderful. Season 2 started off lame, got progressively hmmm well it was interesting. There were few breath of fresh airs, ( Bethany, Vanessa, Little Cutie Chloe etc) but all I can say is this season? Blech! its all about Alison..she is a mockery. She is conning you. milking you for all its worth. last season, i felt empathy for Alisons cancer. she SEEMED to be a sweet person, she pulled the southern charm right over your eyes as well as the viewers.
The treatment or, lack of treatment for T.J. is terrible. Apparently Rhonda and Iyanla have noo experience with someone with ADD. why didnt they bring someone in to help her organize her thoughts, help her structure her schedule. This seemed to help Denise. Who i remember had the same problem. She also had ADD OR ADHD and Dr. Stan helped her. I see T.J. only trying to help other houseguests. Only Jill is the only one who seems to appreciate it. These two should stay and others should hit the road. Bring in woman who geniunely want to be helped. I see no bonding no support from each other. ??
Well okay i have alot more to write, but for the most part its all repetive from other peoples posts.im sure the feelings are mutual.

stankgirl 59 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stankgirl Click to send private message to stankgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I sent in a comment as well. I wonder who if any, actually read the comments sent in and do they respond?

01-13-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
56. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Gee, the crickets sound awfully loud in winter...

Mrsfrz 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrsfrz Click to send private message to Mrsfrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
The first two seasons, no matter how I felt about each housemate when they arrived, I always was able to find something that I liked about them by the time they graduated. I learned about myself by watching their growth. This season I, like many others, feel I'm watching a prime time hyped reality show rather than a daytime "real" show whose first purpose should be to focus on personal growth issues, not sensational sound bite type material. I wonder how much of it is because of the actual dynamics of the house or if it is more a case of the editors trying to get more drama out of it. I remember reading a follow-up from Denise (I believe) where she mentioned how much of what really goes on in the house we don't see. Could it be the same here that the editors/producers are milking us with selective drama rather than the meat of each issue like they used to? I took the show off my TIVO because I am not as compelled to watch as I used to. I do respect all the life coaches because I feel they are genuinely trying to help each housemate whether we agree with their methods or not. I have too many issues myself to try to judge their competency. Let's hope something changes soon.

daylily 60 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daylily Click to send private message to daylily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Im not sure if the producers are useing one or two HG to make the whole show. We are smarter than that. If I wanted to watch Jerry or Murry sp I would. I like the ladies so please let us see the real deal. All the playing to the camera and fake boo hooing is boring. Please move on people(SO). All the bashimg was fun, but it can carry the show only so far. Love the message board, but I would rather watch the show.

LoveMyTiara 45 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-05, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LoveMyTiara Click to send private message to LoveMyTiara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I can certainly see the Real World comparison. An SO supervising casting producer was actually responsible for the Real World: Las Vegas season.
They know what makes good TV: drama, scandal and anyone who is willing to put themselves on reality shows.

12-30-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
48. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Ditto

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-05 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

I think we should complain to them about the reruns too. I find it hard to believe there isn't enough material to keep it going. Christmas isn't even on a weekday, so where do they think the viewers are going until January 2nd?

lavendarJ 37 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-05, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lavendarJ Click to send private message to lavendarJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
A big issue I do have is when the show post those ridiculous questions ask ask viewers to text mail their opinion. I think it is really stupid and cheesy. It is pointless and I thinks it takes away from the seriousness of the issues. Just my thoughts........

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Bump"

A Super Syren Siggie

01-12-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
50. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-06 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

Today's show (1-12 Thurs) was the worst yet. They did virtually nothing. It's become a bore.

01-12-06, 06:59 PM (EST)
51. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-06 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

Yawn.

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Admirable, OklaBlue. But I can remember discussing this last Fall, early on in the season. Are we sure it isn't too late? Certainly, feedback can impact the long term direction of the show (if it...survives long term), but this season's already a write-off. The same may even be true of next season. Should they actually consider our feedback and start to change things, will we be able to survive long enough to see the fruits of our own labor?

The other thing that disillusions me is *why* they did this in the first place. The ratings were...healthy, I imagine. People were watching. Certainly the positive effect the show had was known to them. So **WHY** did they do this? Some people point to the death of (I'm so sorry, was it Bunim or Murray? I should know that); some say it's for more Emmy's, most of us here say it's for a ratings powerhouse. Yet, none of those ideas explains it sufficiently for me. We've seen this happen before (Survivor & Apprentice are good examples). Once a reality show is going, it's gone. You can't pick up from nothin'.

I wouldn't want to stop anyone from doing what your doing. I would like to join you. But for me, OklaBlue, I almost wonder if the most practical solution is to dumb ourselves down, watch it until it's not watchable anymore, and kiss it goodbye.

If I'm wrong, please tell me. In fact I beg you to tell me. I want to be wrong. It was too good of a show for too many people to end with women throwing shoes at each other while life coaches pretend to faint. But alas, I just can't get the sound of this tolling bell, outta my head.

01-12-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
53. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-06 AT 00:25 AM (EST)

L_11:

"dumb ourselves down" - don't ever do that. Women do that with their resumes to get hired. Sad.

What I really found enjoyable, a lot more than the show, were the creative and funny and thoughtful posters here on this site. Like Seasoned Refinement, Lab, and LMDD, and others, especially Snowflake2. I can enjoy their posts without watching the show!

Edited to add: Soupy, PoohRocks, Enfan Terrible, and Cygnus, Jumbo Shrimp, Great White!

01-12-06, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
>What I really found enjoyable, a
>lot more than the show,
>were the creative and funny
>and thoughtful posters here on
>this site. Like Seasoned
>Refinement, and Labyrinth, and LMDD,
>and others, especially Snowflake2.
>I can enjoy their posts
>without watching the show!

Yeah. And don't forget (it is INEVITABLE that I will forget key names now) Enfan, Mystique, that newbie Tyler, Pooh, Cygnus (who graced himself to post over here ), Cleverone, Flexy, yourself and many others that I can't capture right now (but so wish I could). And those Mods. Bebo's posts are the main reason I stay here.

Which makes me think, OklaBlue. If the SO "admins", or whatever they're called, actually measured the average maturity, intelligence and education level of their average listeners, they might find something astonishing. They might find that we're not the dregs left over from Montel William's "who's the daddy" Show. Maybe THAT would wake them up.

But I've been down this road too many times before, Okla (Survivor, Apprentice (both versions!), even Trading Spouses!!).

I think it's over. We'll see. I will hold out for as long as I can.

Peace to you.

whoitswhatsits 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail whoitswhatsits Click to send private message to whoitswhatsits Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I noticed early on the most of the women on this season's show are very self involved and seem to have issues connecting..every one from Allison to the other girl who just left..can't ever remember her name..the judgemental one who's mother died on 9/11. None of the women seem to be be someone that is easy to connect with and really had very little interest in the other women in the house. You don't really hear them talking with much REAL love or compassion for each other. None of them admire each other or wish to emulate someone else on the show...instead they only see themselves in the others. It might be some methodology for trying to get them to learn to love and accept themselves by loving others who have the same challenges. ..but I have to wonder if that's cause big issues for the life coaches. Seems to be tons of problems that are derived from that.

Other seasons seem to have had several women who were kind and gentle and needed to have leadership to make them stronger mixed with strong overbearing women...while this season has a house full of women who live lives that are isolated with their own pain and issues. This includes even the 2 new ones...

01-13-06, 01:25 AM (EST)
58. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
And don't forget (it is INEVITABLE that I will forget key names now) Enfan, Mystique, that newbie Tyler, Pooh, Cygnus (who graced himself to post over here )

Eeesh! You make it sound like I'm The Donald entering the boardroom or something!

But thanks.

01-13-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
59. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Cygnus!! I just re-read my post. I meant to say : "graced US by posting over here" !! I dunno. I was tired or somethin'.

The Donald entering the BR? Yeah. Good analogy.

01-13-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
57. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Some people point to the death of (I'm so sorry, was it Bunim or Murray? I should know that)

It was Mary-Ellis Bunim, who died two years ago this month. Here's the story as written by RTVW's own Steve Rogers.

Bmw4mom 140 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bmw4mom Click to send private message to Bmw4mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I have to say that this thread has been one of the best I have ever read. I am so impressed by, for the most part, the way everyone is able to express themselves. I for one am a new SO watcher (missed season 1 and 2) but even without seeing the previous seasons, I smell something rotten in the later episodes of this season.

I have teenagers in my house so I also find myself watching Real World and Real World/Road Rules Challenges. SO has become more and more like Real World. Intent on bring us more drama and less helpful and useful experiences. Unfortunately the producers fail to see that if we wanted to watch what they are now pushing in the SOH, we would ALL watch the Real World on MTV. True SOH is just a smaller scale of drama then goes on in the Real World, but none the less it is more drama then what I want to see. I want to see some action!! I want to see these ladies get some help and improve thier lives for the better! Hence the name "STARTING OVER".

I guess we will all have to wait for the producers themselves to start over before we get what we originally found interest in the the first place.

01-14-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
61. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 06:20 PM (EST)

"producers themselves to start over"

LOL that was funny!

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-06 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

UGH another nebulous goal. "learn to love myself". *yawn* Bring us another wannabe comic or seamstress!

isittooreal 10 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail isittooreal Click to send private message to isittooreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
Finally, I get to voice my rant over what can be a travesty of a reality TV show.

I normally don't post here, nor do I get so attached with reality TV shows until now.

Season Three has been a real let down on an on-and-off basis. On one hand it gets good for a while, and on the other, it goes downhill. Whatever happened to the compassion, working towards your goals or righting a wrong? We're hoping to see women changing their lives, and all we get to see is the bickering, the backstabing, the grandstanding... and all for the ratings... ?!? No doubt.

Well the LCs have changed positions after last season. They are not as inspiring, challenging or uplifting as I would think. It's as though they're coming up to the HGs' levels. Speaking of the Houseguests, it's a matter of pros and cons.

Even the show takes different patterns. For example:

How can anyone get a "second" graduation??? Why is Allison graduating a second time?

** Consider This ** The lady in Season two, who graduated in Season One and had a tragedy befallen her, didn't have a second graduation. All she got was the boot and to do her comedy act and that's it.

What makes Allison any special? She should've done her tasks and recieve the same thing: the boot; not another graduation.

And how is it that Lisa is getting all these chances? Rhonda spends too much time reprimanding her for her shortcomings, but tries to work with her. I mean, c'mon! She gives her a 'D' as a grade and being sent to the Guest House? When grades conists of A, B, C, or F; two C's, you're a goner, and so forth... So they change the rules of grading?

I'll say this much, if Lisa1 graduates, and I mean, graduates from the SO house, then Sommer and Tess should get an apology. The LCs have their 3 strike policy, and for them to change the rules every time doesn't make sense. But, it really insulted my intelligence how Rhonda will keep Lisa in the house, knowing that she doesn't want to change her life or try to. Favoritisms alwasys angers me in that point.

I really do feel for TJ. I know what it's like for people to have disabilities and to not be understood, for I was one w/ ADHD and dyslexia and had overcome it in baby steps... So glad she finished and left the house.

For the rest, I hope the bickering, the favoritism, the rule-braking and time-wasting to cease. There are viewers would like some inspiration every now and then.

Just goes to show you that they were better off with the couples of last Summer... It was a change , but it 'moved' - too quickly IMO.

Sorry for the long write, I don't post much here, but I love to bring forth feedback, and hope that helps.

Thanks for making this thread.

-I Have Started Over... Not-

01-22-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
67. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
LOL Welcome! Rant away, it's what this is for!

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: We need to voice our frustration"
I wish it weren't so but I have little faith expressing frustrations will change much on the show. However, writing sponsors *might. But the reality is, the most bizarre shows these days are getting the best ratings - Jerry Springer, Maury and now even extreme radio jocks such as Howard Stern. Note *all are basically degrading to women in general.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •