The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR WANDA"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-13-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR WANDA"

Born in Belleville, Pennsylvania, Wanda Shirk grew up in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, and graduated from Ephrata High School in 1967. In 1971, she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible and speech communication from Wheaton College in Illinois. She then went on to receive her master's degree in education from Kutztown University in Pennsylvania.

Shirk has been teaching junior and senior high school English for 28 years. From 1971 to 1977, she taught at Warwick High School in Lititz, Pennsylvania. From 1983 until the present, she has taught at Northern Potter High School in Ulysses, Pennsylvania. In addition to classroom teaching, she has supervised the school's yearbook and newspaper staffs, directed school plays, acted as an advisor to the National Honor Society and sophomore, junior and senior classes and served as timer and scorekeeper for the school's volleyball and basketball games.

Parenting has been a large part of Shirk's life over the last 25 years. In addition to her own children, Dawn and Shawn, she and her husband of 26 years (they divorced in 2000) became foster parents to 25 children and to exchange students from Norway, Germany and the Ukraine.

These days, Shirk devotes much of her time to community service. She is a trustee of the Ulysses Library, President of the Potter County Foster Parents Association, Chairman of the Potter County Planning Commission and secretary/fund-raising Chairman for the Tri-Town Fire Company Auxiliary. She is certified as a Community Emergency Response Team member and is certified in some Red Cross courses (and a regular Red Cross blood donor as well).

Shirk enjoys backpacking and hiking. In 2000, she solo backpacked the 85 mile Susquehannock Trail in Potter County, Pennsylvania. She is an active member of the Keystone Trails Association and two local hiking clubs.

A recent newlywed, Shirk resides in Ulysses, Pennsylvania, with her husband, George. Her birth date is August 24, 1949

Colors: Green, rainbows
Scents: Lemon, pine, spice, vanilla, roses
Flowers: Rose, daffodil, lilac, forsythia, daisy, wildflowers
Board Games: Mancala, Balderdash, Trivial Pursuit, Chinese checkers, chess
Video Games: Pac-Man
Sports to Play: Softball, volleyball
Sports Teams: No favorite
Outdoor Activities: Backpacking, hiking, jogging, building hiking trails
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, A&E biographies, History channel, 60 MINUTES
Movies: Blackhawk Down, A Beautiful Mind, Fiddler on the Roof
Actors: Robin Williams, Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks
Actresses: No favorite
Music: Country, Rogers & Hammerstein, Gilbert & Sullivan, popular, easy listening
Magazines: The Week, Time, Newsweek
Books/Authors: A History of God, Through the Narrow Gate (Karen Armstrong), A Walk in the Woods (Bill Bryson), Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien)
Cereals: Oatmeal with blueberries, Raison Nut Bran, granola
Fruits: Blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, pineapple, apple, grapes, banana
Snack Foods: Peanuts, mixed nuts, honey-mustard pretzels, Doritos, sour cream & onion chips
Cookies: Chocolate chip, peanut butter, molasses, ginger snaps, frosted sugar cookies
Candy Bars: Nutrageous, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey's with Almonds
Alcoholic Drinks: No favorite
Non-Alcoholic: Nestea, cider, Welch's grape juice, fruit juice, tomato juice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR WANDA Cin 01-13-05 1
   RE: SURVIVOR WANDA ginger 01-13-05 2
 RE: SURVIVOR WANDA redbeard103152 01-13-05 3
 RE: SURVIVOR WANDA J Slice 01-17-05 4
   RE: SURVIVOR WANDA RyrieRae 01-17-05 5
 RE: SURVIVOR WANDA pmspml5 01-18-05 6
 RE: SURVIVOR WANDA KObrien_fan 01-18-05 7
 RE: SURVIVOR WANDA cuon10 01-24-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-13-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
Ok, this picture...... SCARED the ever loving heck out of me.....

That is all :p
Cin

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
She looks like Alice from the Brady Bunch. Permed.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-13-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
From all that I have read and from first impressions I would venture to guess that she shouldn't quit her day job.RedBeard

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
This woman simply screams first-boot.

If only to get her gargoyle-face off the island.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
Twila meets Lillian.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
Once again we are judging a book by its cover. But from the previews there are many shots of her working hard. As in so many past survivors - the hard worker when equal with another is usually safe. I will save judgement of her until after the opener. She may very well be the first boot - however I hope not.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
I love her spirit! Previews do show her as a hard worker. Friends have described her as quirky. That is all good in this game. Think of Greg Buis and how well he used comic relief to deflect the fact that he was a strong dominant male and a born leader. She strikes me as somebody that would be fun as hell to have around, and because she is quirky and zany she won't be perceived as a threat.

S9 LOTD Champion

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SURVIVOR WANDA"
If this does not say Lillian, I do not know what does.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •