The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR JOLANDA"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-13-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR JOLANDA"

Jolanda "Jo" Jones attended Alief Elsik High School in Houston, Texas, where she graduated magna cum laude and was an All-American in both track and field and basketball. She is the only person to win the Texas State 5A Team Championship as an individual. After high school, Jones went on to graduate magna cum laude with a degree in political science from the University of Houston. She served on numerous university and community boards and organizations and was a member of the student government. Jones was nominated by the university for a Rhodes scholarship and received the NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship. In 1995, Jones earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center. She is currently self-employed as a lawyer/consultant/community activist.

Jones was the 1989 US Track and Field Heptathlon Champion and earned an unprecedented three NCAA heptathlon championships. She was the runner-up for SWC Female Athlete of the Decade for the 80s, two-time Academic All-American while at the University of Houston and a 1989 NCAA Top Six Award winner.

An abusive relationship forced Jones to retire from track and field for seven years. Despite the odds, she resumed training while working part-time as a corporate lawyer. Within three months, she had qualified for the 1996 US Olympic Trials. Unfortunately, her 19 year-old brother was murdered two weeks before she was to compete. His death and her meager five months of training proved too much to overcome (although she did win the high jump portion of the heptathlon and was in sixth place after three events). After competing in three events, she became severely dehydrated and was forced to withdraw.

Such accomplishments have earned Jones a spot in the Cougar Hall of Fame at the University of Houston Athletic/Alumni Center. She was inducted into the GTE (Verizon) Academic All-America Hall of Fame in 1999. She was inducted into the Texas Black Hall of Fame in 2003.

Jones largely credits her success to her tumultuous childhood. When she was 13 months old, her father committed suicide while she was in the room. Her mother had four more children, and Jones became their primary caretaker while their mother worked. There were times when the family went without water, electricity or heat. When Jones was a teenager, their rented house burned down due to the use of candles in place of electricity. Two of her uncles committed suicide, her aunt was murdered and various members of her family are in prison and on welfare. Jones credits her criticizing mother and supportive grandmother for teaching her to be the best and stand up for the poor and disenfranchised.

Jones' niece died of SIDS in 2000. Consequently, she sits on the board of the 501c(3) named after her niece, the U'jana Conley Foundation for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. She also sits on the board of the Land Assemblage Redevelopment Authority for the City of Houston.

Jones currently resides in Houston, with her son, Jiovanni (13). Her birth date is November 6, 1965

Colors: Purple
Scents: No favorite
Flowers: Bird of paradise
Board Games: No favorite
Video Games: No favorite
Sports to Play: Flag football, basketball, karate
Sports Teams: Houston Comets
Outdoor Activities: Sports
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, Sex & the City, Law & Order
Movies: Love & Basketball
Actors: Laurence Fishburne
Actresses: Angela Bassett
Music: 80s R&B
Magazines: Sports Illustrated, People
Books/Authors: The Willie Lynch Letters
Cereals: Rice Chex
Fruits: Grapes, California plums
Snack Foods: No favorite
Cookies: No favorite
Candy Bars: No favorite
Alcoholic Drinks: Strawberry daiquiri
Non-Alcoholic: Sweet tea

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA Cin 01-13-05 1
   RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA fairyprincess 01-13-05 2
 RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA seahorse 01-13-05 3
 RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA wendyp 01-14-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-13-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA"
WOW! she's had a rough life it seems, unless she's an uberb*tch I hope she does well!

Cin

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-13-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA"
Wow is right!! She is ALREADY A survivor according to this BIO. What a tragic life she made it through. Hope she does well.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 03:29 PM (EST)

What a resume' outstanding academically and athletically.

I imagine her people skills will tell her story on how well she does on Survivor.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-14-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SURVIVOR JOLANDA"
She looks familar to me...I have lived in Houston all my life..,currently Cypress but still considered Houston. I will have to see if I can do some digging.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •