The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR JANU"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-13-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR JANU"

As a child, Janu Tornell never aspired to be a showgirl. Tornell's Cuban-born mother, Maria, was a famous showgirl in Havana, but Tornell did not find her calling until many life experiences later and considers her mother one of her greatest inspirations for overcoming the hardships of life, including a successful battle with cancer. Tornell is equally inspired by her father, Juan, as he always told her that every experience in life gives you endurance.

Born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, Tornell attended Valley High School. She then spent time in Spain before moving to Los Angeles. She attended Los Angeles Valley Community College before moving back to Las Vegas to finish her studies and pursue a career as a showgirl. In 2004, after 20 years, she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She most recently worked as the lead showgirl for a major Las Vegas hotel, performing two shows per night, six days per week. She also models. Tornell was previously employed as a restaurant manager, waitress and administrative assistant. Additionally, she was named 1989 Miss Nevada USA and was first runner-up in Miami's 1990 Miss Nuestra Belleza competition.

In her spare time, Tornell enjoys traveling, scuba diving, swimming, body surfing, reading, rock climbing and watching foreign films. She describes herself as honest, fun, outgoing and strong-minded. She is fluent in Spanish, Italian, French and English. Her hero is Audrey Hepburn for her talent, goodwill, beauty and her ability to be most beautiful to the least fortunate.

Tornell is an active member of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and the Screen Actors Guild.

Colors: Black, white, blue
Scents: Fresh, China rain, masculine colognes
Flowers: China lily, bougainvillea, gardenia, hyacinth
Board Games: Monopoly, backgammon, chess
Video Games: FreeCell, Pac-Man
Sports to Play: Volleyball, soccer, softball
Sports Teams: Italy and Brazil's soccer teams, women's beach volleyball
Outdoor Activities: Running, swimming, scuba diving
TV Shows: Sex in the City, Spanish soaps, SURVIVOR, BBC shows
Movies: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, foreign films
Actors: Sir Anthony Hopkins, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson
Actresses: Audrey Hepburn, Yadhira Carrillo, Angelina Jolie
Music: Latin, Italian, Brazilian, French
Magazines: Fashion, travel, Spanish People
Books/Authors: Marlo Morgan, Dan Brown, JD Robb
Cereals: Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch, Life, Cornflakes, oatmeal
Fruits: Mango, nectarine, papaya, banana, berries
Snack Foods: Chips with chile (Sabritas)
Cookies: Chocolate chip, oatmeal
Candy Bars: Chocolate truffles, Aero chocolate bars
Alcoholic Drinks: Tecate, Sambuca, Miller Lite, margaritas, tequila, mojitos, wine
Non-Alcoholic: Coke, Squirt, Fanta Orange, Grape Gatorade, water, tea, coffee

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR JANU uberspoon 01-13-05 1
 Wow PhoenixMons 01-13-05 2
   RE: Wow Brownroach 01-13-05 3
       RE: Wow Wheezy 01-13-05 5
           RE: Wow Coconut 01-17-05 15
               RE: Wow Wheezy 01-17-05 16
       I don't think so PhoenixMons 01-13-05 6
           RE: I don't think so Brownroach 01-14-05 13
 RE: SURVIVOR JANU Scarlett O Hara 01-13-05 4
   Hehe PhoenixMons 01-13-05 7
 RE: SURVIVOR JANU Lisapooh 01-14-05 8
   RE: SURVIVOR JANU PhoenixMons 01-14-05 9
       RE: SURVIVOR JANU Lisapooh 01-14-05 10
           RE: SURVIVOR JANU PepeLePew13 01-14-05 11
               RE: SURVIVOR JANU Lisapooh 01-14-05 12
                   RE: SURVIVOR JANU samboohoo 01-14-05 14
                       RE: SURVIVOR JANU pmspml5 01-17-05 17
                   hey Pooh.... shakes the clown 01-18-05 18
                       RE: hey Pooh.... Lisapooh 01-18-05 19
 RE: SURVIVOR JANU cuon10 01-24-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-13-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
wow. she is way more attractive in this pic and on the early show than she was in the pics people pulled of her off the net.

kind of like an exotic jerri.

on a more gameish note, along with jolanda...i got a strong vibe from her. i wouldn't be surprised to see her go pretty far into the game.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-13-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Wow"
Not only is she far more attractive here than in any other pics we've seen (she's got a beautiful face!) but she is also WAY skinny...possibly the skinniest person yet on Survivor based upon some of the screen caps. Her waist is super tiny and her ribs are very visible - already. I hope she doesn't get sick and waste away to nothing!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wow"
Tornell...considers her mother one of her greatest inspirations for overcoming the hardships of life, including a successful battle with cancer.

I'm reading this that she had cancer, not her mother, right? I also wondered about her appearance. Her chest looks disproportionately small, maybe she had to have a mastectomy(ies)?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wow"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 06:59 PM (EST)

The way this sentence reads, the mother had cancer. But this sentence is a nightmare, and full of vague fragments that don't really tie into each other. You can read it either way. I can't tell who had cancer from this sentence.

---> Somebody, call Coconut to decipher the fragments!

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wow"
Tornell's Cuban-born mother, Maria, was a famous showgirl in Havana, but Tornell did not find her calling until many life experiences later and considers her mother one of her greatest inspirations for overcoming the hardships of life, including a successful battle with cancer.

This should read "Janu Tornell is currently a showgirl, although she did not come to the business until later in life. It does run in her family, however; Tornell's Cuban-born mother, Maria, was a famous showgirl in Havana. Maria also overcame many hardships during her lifetime, including a bout with cancer. For this reason, Tornell considers her mother to be her greatest inspiration."

Not ideal, but certainly better.

Slicey says "Say No to Cool Whip! Say YES to b!tchslapping stupid CBS bio editors who don't give a crap about how the bio reads."

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wow"

Thanks Nutty!

Maybe you could get a side job with CBS.

01-13-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I don't think so"
I think she's trying to say:

"I consider my mother one of my greatest inspirations because she overcame great hardships in life (such as a battle with cancer).

Silly to say a successful battle with cancer when you say she overcame hardships right before it. And yeah...not a particularly well-formed sentence.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I don't think so"
The more I read this sentence the more confused I get, LOL. I'm really not sure who it's referring to. I thought it meant Janu because the first part says "many life experiences later" (this clearly refers to Janu's life experiences), and the cancer could be interpreted as one of those. Sort of. I dunno.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
Hmmm ... I wonder how much time she spends scuba diving and body surfing in Las Vegas?

01-13-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
7. "Hehe"
It could be code...

'scuba diving' and 'body surfing'

I guess that's what they call it in Vegas, land of what happens there stays there

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
She and I went to the same high school although she would have been three years ahead of me. Can't believe I never heard of her.

01-14-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
9. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
Perhaps her name is a stage name? She is a performer, so it's entirely possible that she had it changed...

01-14-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
yeah - she just doesn't look familiar at all. We had a Junior Miss and a Miss Nevada from our high school at about that same time frame - both brunettes incidently, but the back story isn't the same.

It's a big school.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-05 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

Didn't Greg Maddux also go to the same school? He might have been around the same class as Janu and maybe his rise to the majors was overshadowing whatever was happening with Janu? Maddux made the bigs at a very young age, not long after finishing high school.

Also, maybe nobody knew who she was at the time and she didn't rise in 'prominence' until quite a few years later.

Scratch and sniff

01-14-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
Greg Maddux did go to the school and was two years ahead of me. He graduated in 84. She probably would have graduated in 83. Greg Maddux really wasn't that big of deal in high school I mean, people knew he was a good pitcher but that was it.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
I *heart* Greg Maddux, even though he broke my heart when he left the Braves.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
Excuse me - he left the cubbies first - then came back - we dont want any braves leftovers

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "hey Pooh...."
Greg Maddux went to your high school and you didn't know him.
Now, Survivor Janu went to your high school and you didn't know her.

Hate to point out the obvious, but my nerdar is going off at a record pace.

Please tell me you wore a retainer and a pocket protector so I can fully complete the mental image.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

01-18-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: hey Pooh...."

She wouldn't have even been there at the same time as me. And he was a senior when I was a sophomore. I spent significant portions of my sophomore year completely high. Besides, Andre Agassi touched my boob and that is far cooler than sitting in driver's ed with Greg Maddux.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-24-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SURVIVOR JANU"
Strikes me as a cross between Jerri,Sue and Alicia. B**** meets
hag meets aggressiveness gone haywire. Or possibly a phony. Either way, hoping she goes quickly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •