The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"

From Zap2it...

Making room for "The Will" (a reality show that has been in the works for a couple of years now),

The show will push the 10th edition of "Survivor" back to March.

~ cq

great.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march... Round Robin 12-11-04 1
 RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march... JohnMc 12-13-04 2
 RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march... Flowerpower 12-14-04 3
   RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march... RyrieRae 12-14-04 4
   RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march... bebekid 12-14-04 5
 Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 Capn2patch 01-07-05 6
   RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 Flowerpower 01-07-05 7
       RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 Capn2patch 01-07-05 8
           WOO and HOO! volsfan 01-07-05 9
               RE: WOO and HOO! Capn2patch 01-07-05 11
                   RE: WOO and HOO! volsfan 01-07-05 13
                   RE: WOO and HOO! SurvivorBlows 01-07-05 14
                       RE: WOO and HOO! Capn2patch 01-07-05 17
                   Re: Woo and Hoo Scarlett O Hara 01-08-05 19
               RE: WOO and HOO! Gothmog 01-07-05 15
                   RE: WOO and HOO! volsfan 01-07-05 16
   RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 SurvivorBlows 01-07-05 10
       RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 Capn2patch 01-07-05 12
           RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 Swami 01-07-05 18
               RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3 SurvivorBlows 01-13-05 20
                   RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 17 Jerrethan 01-13-05 21
                       RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 17 volsfan 01-13-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-11-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"
That's not really pushing it back that much. They have started it from late January to late February in the past. Starting it in March would only be delaying it about a month, and would put more of it in the May sweeps period. I tink they'll start it a couple weeks before March Madness, plug the hell out of the hoops on Survivor, then plug the hell out of Survivor on the hoops. And you'll no doubt get the usual Wednesday episodes during the hoops. It's no big deal, and it spreads Survivor out a little more evenly.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"
Does anyone know when the Apprentice 3 is set to debut? I ask that just to presume that there would be some type of stagger so that they don't start and/or end at the same time. That way EPM gets the most mileage out of both shows.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"
Going against the grain here, but Jiffy announced that Survivor 10 would air in February, as did Julie Chen several times the next morning on CBS Early Show, and Mary Hart did as well on Monday night's Entertainment Tonight.

So which is it, February or March?????

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-14-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"
Although no date has been specified, a similar discussion is taking place in "Next Season's Twists" thread.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-14-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 10 to clash with march madness"
FP, I'm guessing that S10 will premiere on Thursday, February 24th, which is almost March.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
Survivor Fever is saying that the premiere will be Thursday Feb 3.

20 New Castaways Will Be Abandoned!
A group of new castaways will travel to the most stunning location yet, the islands and waters of Palau, a place that some have called the Eighth Natural Wonder of the World. A tropical setting of stunning islands. Dense jungles and an underwater world beyond belief.

It was in this part of the world that war raged in the 1940s. Today the remains and wreckage of the war haunt these waters and jungles like ghosts of a violent past.

It is here that 20 new castaways will be abandoned. From the beginning the game will be changed in a dramatic way. Everything the Survivors have come to expect will be wiped in the first 10 minutes. Who will outwit, outplay and outlast all the others to become the sole Survivor? The adventure begins with the premiere of Survivor: Palau - February 3, 2005

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
As our dear friend Vols would say, WOO and HOO!!!

Cap'n you are the bearer of great news....let the games begin!

01-07-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
Ditto on that Fp!!

27 days to go. Although I would have thought that more spoilers would have emerged after all the get togethers from the Christmas Holidays. Still some time...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "WOO and HOO!"
is right!

I can't imagine CBS missing out on February sweeps with Survivor. I just wonder if they won't find a way to make the show last longer into May. Maybe there will be an extra show or two with the addition of the two more players.

01-07-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
11. "RE: WOO and HOO!"
I just wonder if they won't find a way to make the show last longer into May.

If they follow the same 14 ep format that would bring us to a Sunday May 1st finale.

1- Feb 3
2- " 10
3- " 17
4- " 24
5- Mar 3
6- " 10
7- " 17
8- " 24
9- " 31
10- Apr 7
11- " 14
12- " 21
13- " 28
14- " Sunday May 1st Finale

The following Sunday (8th) is Mother's Day. That would surely be a ratings nightmare. I'm sure they'll avoid that, but if there are two extra episodes that would mean

14 - May 5
15 - " 12
16 - Sunday May 15th Finale

Then that would practically be summer, and SeeBS would wrap up Thursday nights for the peak viewing period.

I feel naked in between those stellar siggies!

01-07-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WOO and HOO!"
capn, I understand your layout and the episodes. However, I don't think CBS wants Survivor to end the very first of May. They would be missing out on practically all of the May sweeps.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WOO and HOO!"
>The following Sunday (8th) is Mother's
>Day. That would surely be
>a ratings nightmare. I'm sure
>they'll avoid that, but if
>there are two extra episodes
>that would mean

They didn't avoid it in past years -- as someone who has had tickets to them, I believe at least two of the last three New York City finales have fallen on Mother's Day.

-SB

01-07-05, 11:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: WOO and HOO!"
Vols, Webby - I'm just playing the calendar game. Unless they're planning on 18 episodes they can't have it both ways. It's either a later start and later into May or vice versa. As far as a Mother's Day Finale is concerned, that's probably why I'm not a network exec, I thought it was a day for the boys and I to show show our appreciation for DW. What do I know?!

Concerning the May sweeps period, there is something to what Webby is saying. Mother's day is always early May, so they must have something planned for the rest of the month. Apprentice III Finale maybe? So it could be 15 eps and a Sunday May 8th Finale.

I say if the bridge hasn't sold yet, it's time to have a sale!!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-08-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Re: Woo and Hoo"
I just wonder if they won't find a way to make the show last longer into May.

IMHO, with March Madness smack dab in the middle of our upcoming Survivor season, I would think that there will be at least one rerun highlight show ... you know ... the show they promote as having "never before seen scenes" in it ... and most likely, they may skip a week as well because of the basketball ... and this will help stretch it out into May.

Scarlett

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WOO and HOO!"
As our dear friend Vols would say, WOO and HOO!!!

see what I mean, doc?

I agree about sweeps--I bet CBS is just being coy in their announcment. I mean, starting Survivor after February sweeps just makes no economic sense.

Vols, you? are such a trendsetter.

01-07-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
16. "RE: WOO and HOO!"

01-07-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
FYI, while a Feb 3. date wouldn't be any surprise (like I've been saying since Wickedly Perfet's Thursday scheduling was announced, I'd be shocked if CBS entered the February sweeps period without Survivor, and Feb. 3 *IS* the first day of the 2005 February Sweeps period) I just contacted CBS's Survivor PR woman about SurvivorFever's report and according to her, there still has been no official premiere announcement -- the only announcement has been that the cast and premiere date will be announced on tCBS's Thursday, January 13 broadcast of The Early Show.

01-07-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
Thanks for the info Webby.

If they plan on making an announcement on the 13th, it's reasonable to assume that the premiere won't be too far away. 13th is 3 weeks from a feb 3 start.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
@%$&%(@!! I'll be on the road for the first 2 episodes, if it airs on Feb 3rd. My DH has been threatened with death & dismemberment if he screws up recording those shows for me!

01-13-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 3"
Cheer up Swami, according to CBS's announcement from this morning, it premieres February 17, not February 3!

Jerrethan 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-13-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jerrethan Click to send private message to Jerrethan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 17"
And it's a 1-hour premiere... it's going to be worse than Vanuatu!

01-13-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor Premiere airs Feb 17"
3 peeps get the boot in a one hour episode?

Then, I say there are two people eliminated within the first ten minutes of the show and then one gets booted at the first TC. There is no way they will have three TC's in one hour (I don't think).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •