The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"this show is dangerous"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rriverstone 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-28-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rriverstone Click to send private message to rriverstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"this show is dangerous"
Today, we're to believe that shame and guilt are to be eliminated from our lives? Then, why was Jill presented with "charges" of guilt? And WHY was a Black woman mug shot and fingerprinted?!!

Why is her "life coach" calling her, "lazy?" The woman is anemic. She's carrying a forty-pound tumor. She TRIED to climb an enormous tower on the first day. She carried dozens of pounds of "luggage" around with her for -- what? -- a week or more? Her doctors have ordered that she not exercise.

Is her "life coach" the "house" servant, while Jill is the "field" servant? How dare a Black woman dump such judgmental accusations on a sister?!

WHY weren't the contestants on this show required to take a medical, physical examination, as a prerequisite to their participation?! These "life coaches" could have KILLED Jill! The blood vessels, connected to her tumor, could have ruptured and she could easily have died of internal hemmoraging!

HOW is it OK not to have regular, group therapy: a place where people could offer SUPPORTIVE feedback to each other. Why has a situation of gossip and resentment been allowed to fester for months, with no intervention?

The contestants are constantly provoked, shamed, ridiculed, verbally abused and threatened BY THE "LIFE COACHES!" I suppose this makes for more photogenic television, but it is destructive.

This show is EXTREMELY irresponsible. Following the "advice" on this show, as portrayed by these "life coaches," is dangerous.

I could well say that, were anything to happen to Jill's health, she could sue the show off the air. For one thing, they've, in effect, practiced medicine without a license, in their requirements of unreasonable and unsupervised extreme, physical exertion.

This is a VERY anti-woman show!

SHAME!

<a href="http://rriverstone.com";>rriverstone.com</a>

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: this show is dangerous BoobTube 11-28-05 2
   RE: this show is dangerous shawnar 11-28-05 3
       RE: this show is dangerous dgibson 11-28-05 4
   RE: this show is dangerous Mikesgirl123 11-29-05 7
 RE: this show is dangerous taopeace 11-28-05 5
   WARNING - taopeace Bebo 11-28-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BoobTube 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BoobTube Click to send private message to BoobTube Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: this show is dangerous"
I have just recently started to watch the show regularly. When season one started I saw a promo. I thought that it was going to be an attempt at pretentious sisterhood by bringing in people that had no clue about social norms and mix it up with a little upper class Extreme Home Makeover. So I skipped it then thinking it was just silly formula television. This fall, season program schedules have changed and I started to watch it. Then even more intently when I began reading the message boards.

When you see your first "shock" for the show, for instance, Lisa wearing the baby's outfit. It throwss off your sense of reasoning. "Is it me that doesn't get it?" If that's not really questioned it's like you become numb to the what you're watching. Then feeling. Something like you have to remember that it's television. It's not real. But it is real.

It sickens me. It's like being forced to watch again the humilation at Abu-Girab. Remember, people had a lot of fun carrying out that torture.

This kind of thing that is going on is the mobbing phenomenon.
It's a clinical pathology that entails the participants in the mobbing of a person or group of persons. The participants it takes to create a mob mentality up until the total destruction of the person is; the person doing the actual abuse (Rhonda and Iyalana), the onlookers as the audience that pushes the emotion to a hysterics (Allison, Christina, Jessica and now Lisa because she wants to belong and us the television audience), and the authorities that are aware but don't intervene (Dr. Katz and any ethics boards, women's organizations). It happens with simple teasing, peer pressure, hazing, domestic abuse, stalking, racism, and the big one, genocide.

With the compliation of keen insights of other posters it sums up as a very frightening situation. I had feared that TJ would have very deep seated PTSD for the show. It's neurotic to try to play a game that keeps changing. To try your hardest to fit in where you're not wanted. And for people to keep telling you "it's for your own good". Abusers use that pathology all the time. They keep "setting up" situations as a test, and attestment, to your failure to be good. And when you do fail, it's their chance to punish. And Jill is now the "whistleblower". Some people don't like to hear the truth. And they'll do anything to squash it.

This show is exploitation dressed sexy. Of the many women and their stuggles to become, it's not easy for any of them. Every woman has her pain of being. But....Rhonda hates. Iyalna is in a state of madness.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-28-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: this show is dangerous"
rriverstone, I completly agree why are they still putting these issues on Jill she IS working on them already she already knows she was those things in the past but has made great strides.They are just putting more shame and guilt on her.
As far the medical exam prior to starting over. I was under the immpression that they did. But I'm not sure in jills case how a 40 pound tumor would of been missed. As far as Iv having her carry the luggage around.The show should be very happy that nothing serious happened to Jill. I don't think Iv knew about the tumor because Jill had no idea it was that large or serious but I was waiting for IV to apologize. I guess I'm still waiting... I used to love this show and was a huge fan of the LC's But I'm so confused and dissapointed by whats happening this season

dgibson 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-28-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dgibson Click to send private message to dgibson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: this show is dangerous"
My guess the focus is on Jill and TJ b/c precious jessica is having a hard week!

Mikesgirl123 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mikesgirl123 Click to send private message to Mikesgirl123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: this show is dangerous"

>The lunatics have taken over the
>asylum.

I agree with all you said. This show is very dangerous. The LC's are practicing medcine without a license. I have no idea why they have not been taken to task by the attorney general of Calif. (or whomever is in charge of such crimes). The sad fact is that they (the LC's) do not know what they are doing. They are making such sad mistakes, and I'm sure each woman will be harmed greatly.

They are inconsistant,i.e., Stop the Hustle Christina,/ Lisa you must Hustle in life. There are many more examples of this. How could one learn how to behave in life when everything you are taught, you are then told the opposite is true. It almost seems that they are doing this on purpose and are trying to do an experiment on how fast they can make a person go mad.

Then the humilitation. It first started in Season One, got worse in Season Two and I was absolutely shocked in Season Three when on the first day, Lisa was made to wear that baby dress. My husband watched that one with me and couldn't believe it. Any mature woman would have said no and would have also told the LC that they would not allow them to humilitate another houseguest in that manner. It makes you wonder if they screen the new houseguests by checking if they have any self-esteem. If the women wouldn't put up with those stupid assignments, they (the LC's ) couldn't make them. But no, they only get women who have been victims in the past and then victimize them further.

Wouldn't it be funny if a person pretended to be the perfect houseguest only to go on the show and then stand up to the LC's. I would love to see that.

You are also right about the emotional state of the LC's. Either they are star struck and want to make the show exciting, or they are in real life very, very sick. Emotional sickness. If both those things are not happening, then the LC's are actually cruel, evil persons.

mikesgirl123

taopeace 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taopeace Click to send private message to taopeace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: this show is dangerous"
I suggest you look at the ways that you have allowed yourself to be shamed and humiliated. The only way for anyone to rid themselves of shame is to move the energy they hold onto about he shame, and that very often means feeling through it, and discovering that it is and has been an illusion that you have unconciously agreed to. Jill is becoming self-determined in all areas of her life. I suggest that she this is why she is there, not to place responsibility of her health on somebody outside of herself. A problem I suspect you have as well, making others repsonsible for your own happiness, health and well being. "Irresponsible," "dangerous," "ridiculing," "shaming," "verbally abusive," all very powerful words, and all words of a victim. I hope that you can use this as an opportunity to see how you are all of these things that you are accusing of others. BTW, maybe you ought to sign up for next casting!! If not, do find a better therapist than what you have, if you have ever practiced self discovery.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WARNING - taopeace"
Here's a suggestion for you - read and follow our community guidelines.

Criticizing other posters is not permitted here.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •