The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bus Ride Costs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bus Ride Costs"
I didn't come into fruition why they edited the show with the mom's saying how much the bus ticket cost ($5.00) until Brandon and his "limo" ride was shown......Those Kenyans want TAR to come back year after year. LOL

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bus Ride Costs Just Plain Bill 08-18-04 1
   RE: Bus Ride Costs Draco Malfoy 08-18-04 3
   RE: Bus Ride Costs ARnutz 08-18-04 4
 RE: Bus Ride Costs nailbone 08-18-04 2
   RE: Bus Ride Costs dajaki 08-18-04 5
   RE: Bus Ride Costs nora_q 08-18-04 7
       RE: Bus Ride Costs PepeLePew13 08-19-04 12
 RE: Bus Ride Costs Estee 08-18-04 6
   RE: Bus Ride Costs Redemption 08-18-04 8
       RE: Bus Ride Costs Mistral 08-19-04 10
           RE: Bus Ride Costs nora_q 08-19-04 11
 RE: Bus Ride Costs erina 08-19-04 9
 RE: Bus Ride Costs procrastin8tor 08-19-04 13
   RE: Bus Ride Costs Redemption 08-19-04 14
       RE: Bus Ride Costs dabo 08-20-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Just Plain Bill 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Just%20Plain%20Bill Click to send private message to Just%20Plain%20Bill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
>...Those Kenyans want TAR to come back year
after year. LOL>

That was actually Tanzania that the bus ride took place in. In Kenya they never got out of the airports (int'l and domestic).

But I'm sure all the bus drivers are now on the lookout for frantic Americans so they can charge 30 times the correct fare!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Interesting to note that it was the group comprised solely of pretty white people that got gouged. The group containing the black people and the group containing the "exotic-looking ones" didn't have to pay out the #####.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Welcome to the boards Bill!!

I know that in a lot of foreign countries the locals are just waiting for travelers (usually Americans) so they can take advantage. I just can't wait until those 2 teams realize when talking to others at the Pit Stop that they got screwed. Perhaps this is why they show Nicole freaking out about money in the previews for next week?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
C&C and C&K paid $5, Shmirna and the Moms paid $3. B&N and the Twins paid over $100, cuz they offered to in order to get the driver to leave sooner. The guy smelled sucker and took advantage. Hilarious!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
He even got B&N to pay $20 for the gas. Too funny!

nora_q 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nora_q Click to send private message to nora_q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Yeah, they definitely wasted a lot of money. In every third-world(or Eastern Europe) country there are locals who hunt for ignorant tourists to ripp them off. Even for paying for the bus to leave earlier, that was too much. I imagine teams didn't have time to bargain, but they should have never gotten on the bus before negociating the price. The showed they were in real hurry and that their fate was probably in the bus driver's hands, he felt it and was not afraid to push on, certain they won't go away to another bus.
By the way, did they even had to travel by bus? For 100$ or less they could have picked up a local driver at the station, he would have been happy to change direction for a good reward. I'm not sure if the clue specified they HAD to take the bus.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Yes, the route info stated that they "must" take the buses. Phil's (or whoever) voiceover in explaining the route info said the words "must take a bus" and they had to go to the bus station.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
The lesson, as always: B&N and K&K are idiots. Five dollars, three dollars, one hundred dollars with threats extracting more... Was anyone else waiting for the other people on that bus to line up in front of the Racers' seats and come up with their own blackmail demands? 'Give me ten dollars or I'll say something bad about your lord and savior on camera.'

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Also, the bus that Brandon and Nicloe were on did not run out of petrol. It was just a scam. Why? Notice that the amount of petrol they put back in the bus was about 1 litre and it traveled a long distance after that. They just thought, "How do we get more money out of these dumb Americans?"

I know i have posted this but a pretty white boy should not get into a money quarrel with a poor african man with nothing to lose and also, keep your girlfriend quiet or you will get hurt.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-19-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Well....the whole thing was just a scam. Which happens fairly frequently to American tourists in foreign countries. You ever been to Mexico and had about 1000 people try to get you into a timeshare? Ick.

To be fair, we on American soil attempt the same sort of thing on our tourists. Or maybe I should only speak for the San Francisco area where ripoffs abound. I guess if you aren't on your home turf, you're fair game, whatever country you're from.

But as for Brandon....this is at least twice now where he hasn't stood up for his woman. Wasn't she pawed in the Buenos Aires club or wherever that foam disco was? Frankly, if this were me and my dearest hubby, that bus driver would have been paying us....

nora_q 6 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nora_q Click to send private message to nora_q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Speaking of Brandon, back at the foam disco he should have interviened, but in this situation he should have told Nicole to shut up earlier. What was that girl thinking? I guess she wasn't at all when she argued with that driver. Maybe cameras gave her courage, but she totally lost her calm, got into a dangerous situation, and throwing the money on the ground was just plain rude. The driver yelled back at her, but I'm syrprised he didn't spit on her of worse. All for the stupid ten bucks! and Brandon could be of no autority in Tanzania(or anywhere in the world for that matter)

erina 6 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erina Click to send private message to erina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Team Pretty is stupid. Why can't they befriend the locals, or at least be nice.. Look at the cousins, they get along well with locals, especially with the "Habibee" ("my lover") word. Haha... Chances are you won't have a hard time like that. Maybe Team Pretty were unlucky to meet the suckers in the first place.

And wasn't it funny when they saw the rainbow and announced that it was a good sign for THEM?

procrastin8tor 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-19-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail procrastin8tor Click to send private message to procrastin8tor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Yes, unfortunately, traveling in the third world has it drawbacks, one of them is that people might try to scam you. Let's face it 120 bucks is nothing to Americans with TV crews following them. Nothing. Amazing Race is a game, a contest while this guy is trying to make a living in a poor, poor country. Yes, of course he could be more honest, but he choose to take advantage of a situation and perhaps make as much money in a day as in a year. He's still a crook, though.

But, Nicole's behaviour when the man was demanding his money was appalling. I couldn't believe it when she THREW the money on the dirt ground. I mean, how tasteless. Why humiliate someone like that? It was awful and demeaning. Luckily, Brandon redeemed the team by picking it up and giving it to the man to get rid of him. He was smart enough to realize that 10 bucks more is nothing compared to already being scammed out of 110.

***pr0cRaStiN8tor**

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
Lets not forget to that the man was only asking for the money that Brandon agreed to pay him, nothing more.

When the bus "broke down' he said Brandon must pay US$20 more and Brandon agreed. At the stop they only gave him US$10, which is why he was persistent.

Fair call in my books.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bus Ride Costs"
God wanted that man to have that money so he could do good things with it, obviously.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •