The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ami on The Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-03-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ami on The Early Show"
All cleaned up! She knew as soon as she lost IC that she was getting voted out. Chris is playing real low- key, very cool. But he does instigate things with the women.

She likes Eliza a lot. She would probably have done the same thing in her position to stay in the game longer.

She (Ami) had no other partner once Leann was voted off. Scout and Twila have each other. She dislikes Scout. Scout does nothing- she tells Twila what to do and Twila does it. She really doesn't like Twila. She said (again) she'd like to hold her under water for 2 minutes.

Interesting- she didn't say anything at all about Julie.

CBC The Early Show

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ami on The Early Show RyrieRae 12-03-04 1
   RE: Ami on The Early Show esquire 12-03-04 2
       RE: Ami on The Early Show RyrieRae 12-03-04 3
       RE: Ami on The Early Show Oscirus 12-03-04 4
           tie breaker JohnMc 12-03-04 5
               RE: tie breaker Oscirus 12-03-04 6
               RE: tie breaker RyrieRae 12-03-04 7
                   RE: tie breaker KObrien_fan 12-03-04 8
                       RE: tie breaker RyrieRae 12-03-04 9
                   RE: tie breaker Brownroach 12-03-04 10
                       RE: tie breaker RyrieRae 12-03-04 13
                           RE: tie breaker Brownroach 12-03-04 14
                               RE: tie breaker Sue 12-03-04 22
                       2 points JohnMc 12-03-04 15
                           RE: 2 points Brownroach 12-03-04 16
                       RE: tie breaker aquariaqueen 12-03-04 17
                           RE: tie breaker Brownroach 12-03-04 18
                               RE: tie breaker RyrieRae 12-03-04 19
                                   RE: tie breaker Brownroach 12-03-04 20
                                       RE: tie breaker Round Robin 12-08-04 25
   RE: Ami on The Early Show zazzy 12-03-04 11
       RE: Ami on The Early Show RDIheath 12-03-04 12
           RE: Ami on The Early Show ADKer 12-03-04 21
               RE: Ami on The Early Show Scarlett O Hara 12-04-04 23
                   RE: Ami on The Early Show PepeLePew13 12-04-04 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-03-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
She probably forgot that Julie was there. I sure have. This was Julie's third episode in a row where she has not had a single confessional. She is simply not playing this game. I believe she tried when she was with twila at the men's camp, but once Leann brought her along on the reward and assured her a spot in the final, she just stopped playing.

If she was an intellegent player, she would have at least done what Chris did when Sarge was voted off and voted for Ami with everyone else last night. It probably would not have done anything to help, but it would at least show she is trying.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-03-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"

>If she was an intellegent player,
>she would have at least
>done what Chris did when
>Sarge was voted off and
>voted for Ami with everyone
>else last night. It
>probably would not have done
>anything to help, but it
>would at least show she
>is trying.

I disagree. Ami and Julie were obviously targeting Scout as an alternative bootee and were hoping to get Eliza to join them. It looked like Ami was still trying to convinve Eliza to join them during the Tribal Council. Ami was obviously getting to Eliza emotionally during TC. If Eliza had joined them, Julie would have had a chance to be on the dominant alliance again with Ami and Eliza.

12-03-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
Good point, but 1) Ami said she knew she was going home, which leads me to believe that, even though the editing showed strategizing up until the end, it must have been pretty clear how voting was going to fall, and 2) Julie could have stopped the chance for a tie and put her self on top. If Eliza did vote for Scout with Ami, Julie could vote for Ami with Twila and Chris and Scout. Ami would still go home, and Julie could have used the fact that Eliza voted for Scout to her advantage, and prove that she would vote with twila and Chris, while Eliza then becomes the target of flip-flopping. Scout and Eliza could duke it out, and Julie could at least TRY to maneuver her way in with Chris and Twila.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-03-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
i think they were actually targeting twila, according to Chris in event of a tie, the two people voted against had immunity and im sure chris would have had it too. so that leaves Eliza, Julie and twila at risk

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-03-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "tie breaker"
This is a little off topic, but what was up with Chris's description of the tie breaker. I mean, that made no sense. Why would the people who are being voted against have immunity?!?

With Pascal's purple rock, the only person w/immunity was the person wearing immunity. Unless this is a new twist, then it doesn't make sense.

But even if that were the case, then if they were to force a tie, then Eliza and Julie are both vulnerable. Having a 1 in 3 chance of going home is not good odds to try to keep Ami around. Although it is in Eliza's best interest to stay in the game by voting for Ami, it could be a shrewd move to boot Twila that way. If Twila were booted, then Ami/Julie/Eliza would be the power team to F3. Could have been game changing, but it was also a 2 in 3 chance of failure. And really not a smart move to try to win a million bucks. And an AWFUL move for Eliza since she is still in F4.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-03-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: tie breaker"
This was actually the second time I heard about this. The first time was when chad said it sopmewhere in an interview unfortunately I do not remember the interview.

12-03-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
7. "RE: tie breaker"
Chris was wrong, and i wondered why they even put that confessional in there. I guess, they wanted the audience to consider the possibility of a tie, and this was the best they had this episode.

The way I remember the purple rock episode... Kathy had immunity. The tie could not be broken, so, they ALL had to draw rocks, thus negating Kathy's immunity.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: tie breaker"
Vee had immunity, Neleh, Pappy and Kathy drew rocks. Pappy got purple. HERE is the link if you want to double check.

2004 ASS Trivia Champ

12-03-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: tie breaker"
My mistake, thanks!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: tie breaker"
The rule was changed, essentially so that no one would ever want to create a tie.

The new rule is that if there is ever a tie, the two people (I'm saying two for this example) who are tied are removed from the proceedings, and the rest "discuss" (essentially revote on) who should be the one to leave.

If no consensus is reached, the two people who were tied become immune from the vote, along with the person who has immunity. Everyone else must then pick a rock, whoever picks the different-colored rock goes home.

This won't work as a tiebreaker at F4 though, since only one person would be eligible to pick a rock. I believe there is now a challenge tie-breaker at F4, in which case F4 is not a bad time to force a tie if you think you can win the challenge over your opponent.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

12-03-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: tie breaker"
This is really interesting. Where did you get this info?

12-03-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: tie breaker"
I can't recall where I originally saw it but I've seen it discussed here and there. I think someone actually got it out of the rule book.

And that is how Chris described it, so the contestants obviously were told. Why Julie and Eliza would even consider forcing a tie then is beyond me...

Sue 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-04, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: tie breaker"
I read Rob C. has stated somewhere or to someone this was the rule in the Amazon for tiebreakers at 6, 8 and 10 (I assumed he meant 6, 8, or 10 voters whether there were one or two tribes). Rob C. stated that creating a tie was very unattractive.

I understood, perhaps incorrectly, that at 4 voters the same tiebreaker that got Pappy was in force. Certainly, the Pappy tiebreaker must have been in place at the final 4 in All Stars. Otherwise, Rob M. would have left Jenna L. to vote for himself knowing she would lose if there were a tie. Instead, Rob M. encouraged her to vote for Rupert.

It's possible that the same tiebreaker rules have been in effect since Survivor 4. Perhaps, Burnett so hates ties that he tightened the rules even further to avoid them after Marquesas. By discouraging them so strongly in the early rounds, I believe he hoped they would be unlikely to come up in the later stages.

I find it interesting that players in the last 2 seasons have brought up the possibility of going for a tie.

I wonder if the tiebreaker at the final 4 might have been changed so that the jury votes a player out.
Just a thought.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "2 points"
1 - If this tie breaker rule is true, then it sucks. It means that instead of voting out the #1 and/or #2 people in the tribe, you are voting out the #3 person. It isn't survival of the fittest; it's just plain outplaying the rules. That would suck.

2 - This could still work at F4. The person w/immunity can't be voted for. The people you are voting for can't be voted out. So the person not being voted for and not winning immunity gets voted out by default. Isn't that what happened to Paschal anyway? I know he drew the purple rock, but he had no votes and got screwed by a tweak in the rules. That would be an awful way to go out.

But tie breakers aside, Chris is in the power position right now. He can team with Twila and Eliza to vote out Scout. He can team with Scout and Twila to vote out Eliza. Either way, Twila and Chris are safe for F4, short of a screwy F4 tiebreaker.

12-03-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: 2 points"
1 - If this tie breaker rule is true, then it sucks.

Think of it more as a threat than a rule. The intent is obviously that no one in their right mind would ever want to create a tie knowing this would be the outcome.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: tie breaker"
BrownRoach,

In the earlier episodes, if there was a tie, didn't they go back to all previously cast votes, and whoever had the most went home?

I kinda like that vs. picking the wrong darn rock.

12-03-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: tie breaker"
MB only used that method in S2 and S3. I think he didn't like it because it allowed players to strategize by planting votes on others. Basically MB just doesn't want ties to happen, period.

12-03-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: tie breaker"
I really liked the previous votes rule. It made the game so much more complicated and interesting. It always left the survivors thinking that past decisions still had reprocussions.

Furthermore, I think ties are interesting. I wonder why MB doesn't like them, when it makes for good TV. I guess he just hasn't found away to break them that he likes.

If they kept the previous votes rule, then I wonder what they would have done in the case of Osten, Jenna M, and Sue. There votes would have been important for later TC's.

12-03-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
20. "RE: tie breaker"
Theoretically people are not supposed to vote in alliances. It's ridiculous to think they won't at this late date, but MB did not conceive the show with that in mind. The rules don't have to take into account the idea that people will be strategizing with their votes.

If people didn't vote in alliances, a tie could still happen accidentally, in which case the purple rock rule doesn't seem quite as dire. A consensus would probably be reached on who should go.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-08-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: tie breaker"
Marko might not have conceived the show with the intention of having alliances happen, but I believe he has said he knew they would happen eventually, just not as fast as they did. IIRC Richard started the whole idea right off the get-go at the start of S1, and since he won with it, it became the standard strategy that players have used in every game since. Of course, it has also led to some pretty boring episodes, but that's a risk if an alliance is determined enough to stick together.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-03-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
Julie had one confessional. It was right as Chris, Ami and Eliza were returning from their reward and Julie talked about how Chris had smelled before going on the reward.

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-03-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
It really strikes me as funny how Ami referred to her fellow castaways
Eliza = Glowingly, positive
Chris = Glowingly, positive
With these two she seemed to relay that she liked them, said nothing negative or harsh about either

Scout and Twila were the opposite she had NOTHING good to say about either

and then we have Julie whom she said NOTHING about at all

With all the speculation about the Chris/Eliza final 2 I find that strangely odd
Also If i remember Sarge was very PRO Twila until after his boot and interview where he was gung ho Chris and correct me if Im wrong but was also positive towards Eliza and anti Julie??
Could point this being true re: Chris/Eliza.

Just an observation

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-04, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-04 AT 06:50 PM (EST)

Ami's continuing hostility toward Twila especially and also Scout makes me believe that Ami did not spen enough time in Loser Lodge with either of them to make peace. Although it could be misdirection, I don't think so because Ami is just too straightforward and says exactly what she thinks. Or maybe there is just no making peace with Ami.

Ami's approach to the game reminds me alot of Lex - straightforward, hard-charging. After Lex was bboted from #####, thought that either Rob or Amber won because Lex's anger toward Rob would have been less if Lex knew that Lex did not win the money. I believe that Ami may believe that there is a chance that Twila won the money. If the final two are Twila and Chris, Ami voted for Chris.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-04-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
Ami's approach to the game reminds me alot of Lex - straightforward, hard-charging. After Lex was booted from #####, thought that either Rob or Amber won because Lex's anger toward Rob would have been less if Lex knew that Lex did not win the money.

With one small exception -- Lex was mad at Rob for voting against him at Tribal Council. Ami has already said that she has forgiven Eliza for voting against her at TC. She said she understood that Eliza had to do it in order to stay in the game. Lex would never admit that about the Rawbfadda...

Scarlett

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ami on The Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-04 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

The difference is that Eliza didn't out-and-out lie to Ami about the vote and Ami was already aware that Eliza was in it to cover her ass and was probably following what Twila decided. So she doesn't hold any ill feelings towards Eliza.

On the other hand, Ami perceives Twila to be a dirty-and-rotten liar so there's some bitterness there. And I'm sure that Julie (the purported next bootee) will fill Ami and Leann in on some of the news about the brawling going on between Twila and Eliza so support for Eliza and hatred against Twila will have grown even further.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •