The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-04, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
Next time, on Survivor...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... PepeLePew13 11-19-04 1
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... KObrien_fan 11-19-04 2
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... PepeLePew13 11-19-04 3
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Flowerpower 11-19-04 4
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... TenPin 11-19-04 7
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... sylvester 11-19-04 8
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... kingfish 11-19-04 9
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... sylvester 11-19-04 22
               RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... kingfish 11-19-04 25
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... pinchy 11-19-04 19
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Brownroach 11-19-04 21
               RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... sylvester 11-19-04 23
                   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Brownroach 11-19-04 24
 Voice Over Brownroach 11-19-04 5
   "narked" blacknwhitedog 11-19-04 6
   RE: Voice Over kingfish 11-19-04 10
       RE: Voice Over Brownroach 11-19-04 12
           RE: Voice Over kingfish 11-19-04 16
               RE: Voice Over Brownroach 11-19-04 18
   RE: Voice Over Scarlett O Hara 11-19-04 11
       RE: Voice Over volsfan 11-19-04 13
           RE: Voice Over idiotcowboy 11-19-04 15
               RE: Voice Over emydi 11-19-04 20
       RE: Voice Over Brownroach 11-19-04 14
   RE: Voice Over Krautboy 11-19-04 17
       RE: Voice Over tamarama 11-22-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-04 AT 06:45 AM (EST)

This might be a giveaway how Leann might be the boot -- Leann is the one who approaches Scout first, not Ami. Leann confronts Scout about the words said by Chris and Scout is left feeling like she doesn't "like" Leann/Ami all that much anymore so she decides now is the time to make the switch since she/Twila/Chris/Julie (or Eliza to save her own butt) now have the numbers to avoid a purple rock.

Ami wins IC so the group have to go after Leann -- or Leann is Scout's target all along after this confrontation.

Plus we got Ami's comment, "go ask Leann" before TC, so Leann's been playing a bigger role than we think. The target just got wider and wider.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
I agree Pepe except I think that Julie is with Leann/Ami and Eliza is with Scout/Twila/Chris.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
We're thinking alike... I was editing my post to change to "(or Eliza to save her own butt)" at the same time as you posted your reply. However, if Julie sees the writing on the wall and realizes there's a shift to go against Ami/Leann, I wouldn't be surprised to see her voting with the new bloc 5-2 to oust Leann.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
I agree Pepe, Leann takes the confrontational role as they approach Scout. I wonder if that's because Ami was not there when Chris informed Eliza/Julie/Leann of what Scout and Twila did....The only one that had to be shocked regarding this was indeed Eliza, as Leann and Julie already knew that Scout would approach the guys regarding this, as they had all decided it when the four reward winners were off the island.....I wonder if Scout will call this to Ami's attention somehow?

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-19-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
I think Flower his identified a key point here...
as they had all decided it when the four reward winners were off the island...

Leann was present when Scout was discussing/presenting the idea of the Eliza boot to Julie and Twlia. The editing of that scene shows Leann was totally quiet and basically didn’t comment on the Eliza boot. It makes me wonder how quickly she ran back to Ami to pass that information on. Now Scout is confronted by Ami and Leann, but Leann is the one with the first hand information. I hate the fact that we are looking for reasons to confirm a Snewser boot, but to Scout, Leann may become an enemy and …”Hell knows no wrath like that of a woman scorned”

We know that Ami is the better choice, but barring immunity, maybe fear or anger motivate Scout to target Leann.

TenPin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
"Plus we got Ami's comment, "go ask Leann" before TC, so Leann's been playing a bigger role than we think."

Possibly, or Ami was miffed that Leann was saying she hadn't made up her mind yet.

I can see Ami not liking her troops not falling into line immediately. It would explain the 'go ask Leann' comment as well. Ami seemed to be in a snippy mood at the time.

So, we've got Ami not fully trusting Leann, not fully trusting Scout, and not fully trusting Twila.

I could see Ami trying to shore up her alliance with Eliza and Julie, but one of them sees the writing on the wall and jumps ship. I think Ami or Chris has to win immunity next week for the Leann boot to happen though.

Sylvester (just call me CAT)

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
BOTH Ami and Chris have to win IC. Not likely I think

do I owe you one or do you owe me? (forgot?) To me it still looked more like T at the lead, but happened so fast I couldn't really tell. Also, no Tivo, and last time I used tape deck it belched smoke.

Did your list hold up this week? If so you should think about reposting. If not, well, we both need to put up our really really clear visions, I just about have mine re-adjusted to account for what ever it was that I didn't account for last time.

11-19-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-04 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

"do I owe you one or do you owe me? (forgot?) To me it still looked more like T at the lead, but happened so fast I couldn't really tell. Also, no Tivo, and last time I used tape deck it belched smoke.

Kingfish, Twila was in the lead as they came into the TC area, however the lead in the picture is Scout, Twila wasn't shown.

I have TIVO, and have replayed the whole episode a couple times to get a count of how many lift points cbs owes me, lol, and it is Scout. That really was evident on the vidcap though, with her blue shirt, tan pants, and much bushier hair than Twila.

So you owe me one.

Edited to add this quote: "BOTH Ami and Chris have to win IC. Not likely I think"

I never said both King, I said Ami or Chris.

11-19-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
OK, you talking cyberspace Cat, I owe you one. Not really convinced, T was in the lead at TC, so.....OK I will bow to your superior equipment and the realization maybe (just maybe) you are right, and taking into account my phobia for crossing talking cats;

Cat 1 - King 0 (for now)

And just for clarity, (rereading, and I see that I was not clear in my original response)I know you didn't say BOTH, I was just replying to your comment, to wit -

"I think Ami or Chris has to win immunity next week for the Leann boot to happen though"

- and I was just commenting that Both Ami AND Chris have to win immumity for Leanne to be booted. And I'm sure we can agree that a double immunity is not likely.

Point being that if either Chris or Ami is available, not immune, they will get the boot.

Theoretically. IMO. And I am aware of the conflict that causes with the Snewser pick. I'm torn between logic and Snewsers pick on that point.

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-19-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
I don't think Ami's comments about asking Leeann had to do with trust, I think she is playing the game by sluffing "the blame" for these decisions onto someone else. With each person (except Leeann) she implies that she is NOT calling the shots.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
That was my take on it too. Especially after she said last week that she realized winning IC made her a bigger threat. She was trying to downplay her influence over the voting decision -- "Why are you asking me? I'm not the one in charge here."

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

11-19-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
23. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
Pinchy & BR, I understand your take on it, but just know as a woman how I respond when I'm mad and someone asks me a question where the answer should be obvious.

Picture a husband and wife, wife is mad at hubby, and he asks her 'what's wrong?' The wife will often say 'nothing', but with a tone in her voice that says it absolutely is something.

That's the tone I heard in Ami's voice when she said ask Leann, and why I offered a different possibility for her saying it.

11-19-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 11 Preview"
Sounds reasonable too, or a combination of both. Either way I don't believe it signified that Leann has more power than Ami, on which we agree.

11-19-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
5. "Voice Over"
Adding this from Fever because my memory isn't very good this morning...

JP: Next time on Survivor...
Chris: Scout and Twila come to me and Chad and wanted to form an alliance with us. I swear to God on my family's lives. I narked out Scout and Twila.
JP: The girls confront Scout.
Scout: <to Ami and Leann> It's not Scout's idea, that's what I'm trying to tell you.
Scout: My hackles came up.

-----------

"Narked?" Uh, never heard that word before.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. ""narked""
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-04 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

as in being a "Narc" or informant

Almighty Icecat!

ETA: just to clarify "Narc" really means undercover narcotics officer- so I think he says "I narked out Scout and Twila" he means "I busted them"

11-19-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Voice Over"
You need to do more drugs.

11-19-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Voice Over"
Not today, thank you.

So that sentence must be edited in from a confessional? It sounds like he's boasting to the camera.

11-19-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Voice Over"
Glad to hear it. And no offence. It's just that the drug world is where that term comes from.

It belatedly occured to me that when I said "You need to do more drugs", one might actually and logically take that to be a suggestion to do more drugs, and miss the attempt at humor.

11-19-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Voice Over"
Oh no, I understood you were being humorous.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Voice Over"
Scout: (to Ami and Leann) It's not Scout's idea, that's what I'm trying to tell you.

Then whose idea was it? Twila's?

Scarlett

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Voice Over"
and why is she referring to herself as Scout?

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-19-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Voice Over"
> and why is she referring to herself as Scout?

That is typical of DAW's isnt it?

-ICB

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Voice Over"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-04 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

emydi doesn't think so

11-19-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Voice Over"
She'll probably say it was Chris's idea since he knocked her up I mean narked her out.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Voice Over"
Chris probably went to Ami, with whom he bonded somewhat during the reward, and "narked out" the attemped coup when he saw it wasn't going to fly. He needed to make sure Chad got the boot and used this as an opportunity to demonstrate some loyalty to the dominant alliance.

Chris's comment is probably also provided as misdirection, encouraging us to think the counter alliance attemped last episode is dead. (When in reality Chris/Scout/Twila and Eliza may form a successful alliance that results in Leann's boot.)

Krautboy

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-22-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Voice Over"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-04 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

>>Chris's comment is probably also provided as misdirection, encouraging us to think the counter alliance attemped last episode is dead.<<

This is my take too -- by showing us this, we're supposed to expect T&S to be in deep doo-doo...therefore we'll be heartily suprised when the opposite happens. If Ami et al actually took Chris in & booted T or S, MB wouldn't show us that in the preview -- he'd hold it closer to his vest so that he could surprise the audience.

If Twila or Scout were going, he'd be showing us promos that made us think the last man were going to be booted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •