The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"11 Finalists left..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-17-04, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"11 Finalists left..."
At least, the voters got it right! But in my opinion, one of the bottom 3 should've been replaced by some annoying, disturbing, and excruciating performer.

Lesson... support for the talents and avoid throwing sympathy votes.

Now, for my business... after watching the yesterday's solo competition and today's group performance, who do you think will do best in the COUNTRY theme? Let's rank the remaining 11 Finalists...

Fantasia Barrino
Diana DeGarmo
Camile Velasco
Matthew Rogers
LaToya London
John Stevens
Jasmine Trias
John Peter Lewis
George Huff
Amy Adams
(one of the bottom 3)
Jennifer Hudson (one of the bottom 3)

Bye-bye... Leah Vladowski/LaBelle.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 11 Finalists left... opinionated 03-17-04 1
 RE: 11 Finalists left... EMT135 03-17-04 2
   RE: 11 Finalists left... libgirl2 03-17-04 3
   RE: 11 Finalists left... gorgoniol 03-18-04 15
 RE: 11 Finalists left... smakitupflipit 03-17-04 4
   RE: 11 Finalists left... qwertypie 03-18-04 7
 RE: 11 Finalists left... Jethro 03-18-04 5
 RE: 11 Finalists left... Mistral 03-18-04 6
   RE: 11 Finalists left... mrsbeasley 03-18-04 9
   RE: 11 Finalists left... Shereebie 03-18-04 20
 I ain't a Country guy... Goooey_Alley 03-18-04 8
   I forgot... Goooey_Alley 03-18-04 10
 RE: 11 Finalists left... I_AM_HE 03-18-04 11
   RE: 11 Finalists left... realityshowgeek 03-18-04 12
       You're not the only one... Goooey_Alley 03-18-04 13
 RE: 11 Finalists left... gorgoniol 03-18-04 14
   RE: 11 Finalists left... leogirl_21 03-18-04 16
       RE: 11 Finalists left... Twisted Sister 03-18-04 17
       RE: 11 Finalists left... gorgoniol 03-21-04 22
   RE: 11 Finalists left... BriarRosie 03-18-04 18
       RE: 11 Finalists left... gorgoniol 03-18-04 19
       RE: 11 Finalists left... uberspoon 03-20-04 21
 RE: 11 Finalists left... NightScribe 03-21-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
>At least, the voters got it
>right! But in my
>opinion, one of the bottom
>3 should've been replaced by
>some annoying, disturbing, and excruciating
>performer.

Agreed. The end result is all that matters (which was correct in the instance). Kim Locke was in the first bottom three last year, so this may end up being a blessing in disguise for Jennifer and/or Amy.

Regarding your question of who will do best next week, when Country is the theme, here's my prediction (best to worst).

Jasmine Trias (I think she's versatile.)
Diana DeGarmo
George Huff
Fantasia Barrino (She did a great job with Bonnie Raite)
LaToya London
Jon Peter Lewis
Amy Adams (if she picks the right song)
Jennifer Hudson
Matthew Rogers
John Stevens
Camile Velasco

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMT135 Click to send private message to EMT135 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Don't have much of an opinion about most of the contestants, but there are a few who stick out regarding country song selections...

Fantasia.... Macy Gray sings Conway Twitty? Should be interesting
John Stevens... Can't imagine Sinatra's voice covering Tim McGraw

This should be right up JPL's alley. I think he'll have a lot of fun with it and will probably charm the audience.

It will be quite interesting to see what George does. His voice is so typical of Motown that it's hard to imagine him singing country. On the other hand, he has that deep quality similar to Toby Keith, so he may just be able to pull it off really well.

EMT

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
>Fantasia.... Macy Gray sings Conway
>Twitty? Should be interesting

I think she will pull it off. She has the balls to!

>This should be right up JPL's
>alley. I think he'll
>have a lot of fun
>with it and will probably
>charm the audience.

JPL should be fun to watch. I can see him doing some Garth... maybe Low Places! I am not a country fan, but I love that song and can see him doing that one.

>
>It will be quite interesting to
>see what George does.

Someone else suggested Charlie Pride, though Toby Keith sounds good too. There are enough baritone singers for him to cover.

gorgoniol 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
I hope George does " The Dance' originally by Garth Brooks. George sounds very much like Bebe Winans who sang that song a lot better than the original.

smakitupflipit 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-17-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smakitupflipit Click to send private message to smakitupflipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
I can't believe that the judges truly believe that this group is better than either previous season. I know they will get better as the training time increases, but some nights are guaranteed clunkers like the upcoming country night, etc.

my top 5

Fantasia
LaToya
Diana
George
Jasmine

The next 5
Jon Peter
Amy
John
Jennifer
Matt

Very Bottom One who wouldn't have made the top 32 without her looks.....Camile...I hope she goes soon, cuz she cant sing!!

By the way, is the combination of Ryan and Simon's bickering, and Ryan's overall cocky attitude starting to bug anyone else?

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-04, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Yes Ryan's 'scintillating' banter is really starting to tick me off. He is not brilliantly witty, just becoming more mean spirited as the series goes on.

Jethro 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-18-04, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jethro Click to send private message to Jethro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Next week should be interesting. After all, "soul" for most of this group was pretty easy. I don't think it'll be so easy next time... So for next week...

Will probably do well
Matt
JPL
George
Diana

Will probably not do so well
John (How much do you want to bet he does a slow song?)
Jennifer
Amy
Camille (of course maybe her trembling might add a Dolly Parton-esque vibrato to her voice?)

The rest are somewhere in the middle... We'll see!

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Wow, I am NOT a fan of Country at all, especially contemporary. So it will be hard for me to pick artists/songs. Just please no more bad Patsy Cline!

Hmmm....who will do well?

Think they can do it (no particular order):

Fantasia - she did Bonnie Raitt fairly well, so I think she can handle the genre, as long as she keeps it upbeat.
JPL - I think his voice lends itself well for this. I'm envisioning Kenny Rogers for him.
Matt - I'm seeing "Achy Breaky Heart" and it actually working.
Amy - if it's a ballad-y one.
Diana - I think she can probably sing anything.

Not sure if they can pull it off:

John S. - For some reason I have this horrific vision of him doing "For All The Girls I've Loved Before."
George - He really nailed Otis, but I'm not seeing him with Country.
Jennifer - same as George. I don't think her voice is right for it.
Camile - I thought "Son of a Preacher Man" was country (Bobby Gentry). Maybe she should have done it NEXT week instead of this week. Um, but it still sucked.

On the wall:

Latoya - she is my fave, but I'm having a hard time with her and Country. Please, please surprise me!
Jasmine - my respect went up for her after this week. But I'm undecided about how I think she'll do here.

Like I said, I don't know Country!

mrsbeasley 12 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsbeasley Click to send private message to mrsbeasley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
I'm suddenly struck with the vision of JPL hopping about the stage belting, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy!" Eee-yaaa!

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Mistral, 'Son Of A Preacher Man' was originally sung by Dusty Springfield, a great soul artist of the '60s.

03-18-04, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I ain't a Country guy..."
I want to validate if they could sing Tim McGraw's, Dolly Parton's, Faith Hill's, Garth Brooks', LeAnn Rimes', Trisha Yearwood's, Dixie Chicks', Patsy Cline's and others in AI? What I only heard is that Shania Twain's songs are not allowed in AI.

If only Shania could allow some of her songs... Oh well...

Who I think will do good? (Where is Ashley Thomas when you need her?)

1. Jasmine Trias - she has proven her versatility (I agreed with what was previously posted).
2. Fantasia Barrino - her wacky voice could mimic other genre but probably with Donald Duck's Country rendition... it could be fun than seeing Jon doing the square dance of "Achy-Breaky Heart."
3. Jon Peter Lewis - country singers tend to do a different accent and sometimes eat some words... he's good at that. Maybe he could also square dance to match his upbeat song.
4. Matthew Rogers - he could "Yehawww" like the cowboys, but still he's not good.

Who I think will *gulp* suck lemons? (The screamers and screechers will not do good... And along with limited voice quality.)
8. Jennifer Hudson - I think Country will not be her strong suit.
9. Camille Velasco - it will hurt her rich-black voice.
10. John Stevens - his Frank Sinatra's voice will not mix with the Country tune.
11. Amy Adams - her Celine-ish voice will make every song like Celine's.

03-18-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
10. "I forgot..."
Ashley sang "Crazy"...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-04, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
can do well with country:
JPL, Amy, Latoya, Matt, Diana

probably can do well:
Fantasia, George

may struggle:
Camile, Jasmine, John, Jennifer (? she's the toughest one for me to guess how she'll do with this genre)

- RMMNW!!!

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Am I the only one who can't stand George Huff. I hope he leaves in the nest couple of weeks. Between him and Randy, it's damn near impossible for me to watch the show. I'm glad Jennifer made it thru for another week (Chicago girl)!!! Her gospel roots will help her in the country genre. Fantasia's voice is very different, she may have problems with the twang (even though she's a country girl)
Matt will do great. Latoya will do well also if she sings a ballad. Amy will have to do one of those "my man left me, but I'm gonna be alright" type songs to pull it off. The rest, honestly, I don't quite have a handle on their names. My only wish is next week will be the end of that annoying, goofy, George Huff.

03-18-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
13. "You're not the only one..."
whose annoyed with George Huff's voice. (I had their past performances in MP3 format, his voice kinda creeps the hell out of me.)

By the way, the most improved performer, in my opinion, is Jasmine Trias...

03-18-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
I think it's gonna be a battle of the cuties- between Diana and Jasmine. In the end, Jasmine will prevail because America does not want another Britney or Christina.
Enough of the annoyingly overbearing Latoya, the loud Fantasia, the screeeeeeching george, and the crybaby Jennifer.
The less talented will go- Amy, Matt. America will get tired of JPL's dancing. And the talented but very self-doubting Camille will give out.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Hmmmm. lets see.

Should do well with country:
-JPL
-Jasmine
-Amy
-Diana
-Latoya

Not sure:
-George
-Fantasia
-Matt

I don't think so:
-Camille
-Jennifer
-John S.

Twisted Sister 13 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twisted%20Sister Click to send private message to Twisted%20Sister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Wow, coming out of about 6-months lurkdom to post.

I think Amy would have great fun with "Passionate Kisses" by Mary Chapin Carpenters.

03-21-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
22. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
If George sings 'The Dance' they Bebe Winans did, he's gonna be big hit. The Dance is a Garth Brooks original but I think Bebe Winans interpretation is a lot better.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-18-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
Diana isn't another Britney or Christina, since she hasn't gone "hoochie skank"....yet. I am rooting for her to go far, as I do feel she's got a really amazing voice for someone so young.

I have hometown cheers to Jennifer, as I'm sitting here in Chicago rooting for her, too.

It doesn't sound like you want anyone to win.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

03-18-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
I want Jasmine to win because she's the best and the most different.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
i actually see more of a "hilary duff" thing going on with diana.
the whole wholesome, cutesy girl image. considering that's pretty big right now, it might really help her out in getting votes.
i'd say she's as good as in the top 3, barring a catastophe.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 11 Finalists left..."
I don't want to make any predictions about who will perform well with country music this year. See, last year, Kim Locke wasn't exactly wowing the audiences or standing apart from the crowd in any way -- that is until "country night". Surely I'm not the only one that was bowled over by her rendition of Bonnie Raitt's "I can't make you love me." That was a turning point for her in the competition, and no one expected it because she hadn't given us any reason to believe she had anything special until then. But that performance kept her in the competition until the F3.

So, while my instinct might tell me that JPL is more suited to country and Fantasia or La Toya aren't, I am probably dead wrong on this one. With the right song choice and a stellar performance, any one of these contestants (except maybe crooner boy) can give a star performance.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •