The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP9 Confessional Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-14-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP9 Confessional Analysis"
CONFESSIONAL COUNT

ALINTA TRIBE

..............EP1…EP2…EP3…EP4…EP5…EP6…EP7…EP8…EP9…TOTAL
Chad……………..2…..0…..0…..1…..1…..1…..3…..3…..0…..11
Scout…………….3…..1…..0……3…..0…..1…..1……2…..2…..13
Leeann………….3…..1…..1…..2…..1…..2…..0…..0…..3…..13
Julie……………… 1…..1…..0…..2…..1…..3…..2…..2…..2…..14
Ami……………….1…..1…..0…..1…..5…..1…..2…..2…..2…..15
Chris……………..4…..2…..0…..2…..0…..1…..1…..6…..4…..20
Twila……………..2…..2…..2…..1…..1…..4……2…..4…..4…..22
Eliza………………6…..3…..3…..5…..2…..0…..2…..3…..4…..28
Lea…… ………….4…..0…..2…..2…..2…..5…..2…..7…..5(Boot)…29
Rory………………3…..2…..1…..6…..2…..6…..7…..6(Boot)…33

Merge

John K…………..1…..0…..4…..1…..2…..0…..6(boot)…14
Lisa……………….1…..0…..1…..2…..1…..3(boot)…8
Travis…………….3…..2…..0…..2…..4(boot)…11
Brady…………….4…..0…..0…..5(Boot)…9
Mia………………..3…..1…..4(Boot)…8
John P…………..2…..1…..4(Boot)…7
Dolly……………..1…..4(Boot)…5
Brooke ………….5(Boot)…5

BOOT PATTERN

The editing pattern of hiding the next episode’s boot changed after the merge. Notice that both Rory and Sarge had increased confessionals and face time in both the episode leading up to their boot and the boot episode it self.

This may be the post merge boot pattern, because the boots from here on will be on the jury and a clear understanding of the circumstances surrounding their boot will play an important role when the jury members ultimately casts their vote for the winner.

NARRATORS

As expected, the narrator role carried Rory and Lea through to the merge, but since their departure new narrators have emerged. In the past, the post merge narrators have been destined to make it to the final four, but not the winner.

It appears that Chris, Twila and Eliza are in line to inherit the narrator roles from Rory and Sarge.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Based on confessional count, Chad has had the least development of the remaining contestants, but notice that more than half of his confessionals have come since the merge.

Chris has also had half of his confessionals in the last two episodes. His development is either because he will be a main character/narrator destined for the final four, or a confessional spike like that of Rory and Sarge prior to their departure.

Twila and Eliza have both had thorough development, and are either emerging as main characters or wrapping up their stories.

Leann had what should be considered a confessional spike. This is apparently the beginning of her swan song leading to her departure in EP11. It will be interesting to notice if she is “hidden” leading up to her boot or featured as were Rory and Sarge.

Ami, Julie and Scout have had steady confessionals and development since the merge. Their departure this week is not predictable based solely on the confessional analysis.

CONCLUSIONS:

This week there are two possible scenarios:

Most of the women stick together and vote out one of the men. In that scenario, confessional analysis is inconclusive. Chad has had a spike in confessionals since the merge, but was completely “hidden” last week. His boot would fit the classic pre-merge pattern we’ve seen so far. Chris, on the other hand, has had a confessional pattern more like that of Rory/Sarge and would fit the post merge pattern we’ve observed so far.

If on the other hand, Scout, Twila and Julie vote with the men, then the target based on confessional count is Eliza. Her confessional pattern follows the post merge boot pattern of Rory/Sarge, and her character development is already complete.

If you take some of the other spoilers into consideration, Chris’s considerable weight loss suggests he may stick around to the end, in which case his confessional count may indicate a main character that willl take over as narrator until the F4. An edit much like Kathy in Survivor Marquesas.

Chad has had the least development and may very well be this season’s Zoe or Darrah, but he seems much more articulate. I don’t think his story is over yet. He may still be under the radar.

That would leave Eliza as the most likely boot this week, based on the confessional count and character development.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see…

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis volsfan 11-14-04 1
 RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis Flowerpower 11-14-04 2
 Confessional Analysis pmspml5 11-14-04 3
   RE: Confessional Analysis Krautboy 11-15-04 5
       RE: Confessional Analysis pmspml5 11-15-04 7
 RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis cuon10 11-14-04 4
 RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis KObrien_fan 11-15-04 6
   RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis VerucaSalt 11-15-04 8
       RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis kingfish 11-15-04 9
       RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis Booted 11-15-04 10
           RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis VerucaSalt 11-16-04 11
           RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis Brownroach 11-16-04 12
               RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis ADKer 11-16-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
Great job KB! I too think that Chad's character has not been developed enough but we also sat around and waiting for Darrah to get her development and look what happened!

However, I do agree with you on what you say about Leann!

GREAT JOB!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
Thanks so much for updating this Krautboy. I really find it a useful tool! Interesting the confessional analysis points to Eliza or perhaps Chad(in a Darrah edited boot).

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Confessional Analysis"
When I count confessionals - I only count them if their Name is put on the screen from CBS - that being told Chad did not have any confessionals last episode.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-15-04, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Confessional Analysis"
Sorry if the chart is a bit confusing...but you're right, Chad had no confessionals last episode. The "11" is his total, the "0" just before it is the confessionals for EP9. I just haven't figured out how to get everything to line up.

Krautboy

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Confessional Analysis"
Oh - lol it really doesnt take to much to confuse me - just ask KO

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-04, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
I agree. This is an exceptional analysis and either says a Eliza boot or Eliza, Twila and Chris are tied for a boot. Very good.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
I think we are seeing a shift in the confessional time as Eliza and Chris will become 2 of the narrators that will last til the end. That being said, look for a Julie spike this week.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-15-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
Also always enjoy this as it helps me in my storyline mode

Eliza has been very important as narrator throughout and I feel that Scout and Eliza's issue won't really hit hard until the "male issue" is significantly appeased. Chad unfortunately as I stated in the editing thread made a huge error in this game and did it at the hands of a majority of women. He wrote Julie's name down. Bad judgement coupled with (unfortunately) no push in his story has an air of being booted. The story of the men going has not changed yet. We may see it change very soon but I still believe the premise being shown is to get rid of the men.

The teasers of getting rid of Ami and not trusting of the ladies and we may have to vote off some women are, IMO, clear indications of upcoming events but it feels like misdirection for us to believe people like Ami, Eliza and even Scout are in trouble. Chris and Chad are in trouble. Eliza is in trouble from Scout. Since Chris's story has been starting to take off again and Eliza's narration has been consistent with a new conflict rising and with Chad's less than desirable position as male with hardly a peep in the confessional aspect, I would expect Chad to meet his demise.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-04 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

That has a feel of logic. I think we have to begin to accept on face value that the women are, for now, sticking together and voting men off. This is simplest most straight forward strategy, it seems that the lower tier women aren't fighting their fate. For now.

What the editing of the last episode didn't show (in order for the coordinated Sarge ouster to happen) was anything from the strategy meetings where the women (and Chris? sheesh!) got together on this. So, every other strategy discussed was either Sarges - in which case it didn't count - or misdirection by the others, mostly women.

And Chad is out of the loop (re. his Julie vote), which is definately bad news for him.

I have a problem with the Leanne boot next week. I don't see how thats possible unless one weaves a scenerio around a pre-determined result. I am beginning to scratch my head about the Snewser prediction. Even if there are rebel factions among the women, it would seem that Ami, Scout, and Eliza would be the targets. Why would anyone target Leanne this week (or esp) next week?

I actually think Leanne is getting a Vecepia or Sandra UTR edit, and could therfore go to the end. With a woman, eliza or twila, however.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
VS:

On the one preview last night the question was asked? "Will the woman stick together and vote out the men?" Doesn't that usually mean they will not when asked that way?

Boot Ed

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-16-04, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
Hi Booted

In answer to your question, it means both when I recall questions of that nature in past shows.

This has been a pretty mundane season in terms of the booting. The young men were pegged early on and were booted in succession. The women's side pegged the "bowheads" and proceeded accordingly. There has really been no surprises if you look carefully at who went.

In order for their to be any element of anticipation, the writers/editors etc. need to tease the audience with an element of anticipation. What better way then by the suggestion that the predicatable boot scenario that has been done the entire time will now change? The teasers are secondary, is the episodes that are important and what REALLY has been given to us conclusively that there WON'T be another male boot when it has been shown time and again that the women are doing this?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
"Will the woman stick together and vote out the men?" Doesn't that usually mean they will not when asked that way?

The women may not all stick together this week (I'm betting they don't), but that doesn't mean a man won't get booted.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EP9 Confessional Analysis"
Since Twila had truly bonded with Sarge, I believe that she will have regrets about having voted to boot Sarge. Chris may be able to take advantage of Twila's regrets. To me, this gives credibility to the previews indicating that Twila reevlauates the "women's" alliance and, perhaps with input from Scout, agrees to boot Eliza. Together with the confessional analysis and the kinder edit that Eliza received last week, I think that her time may be up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •