The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rory interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-09-04, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rory interview"
Interesting interview with Rory by rose54321 at MESS (MUMP thread):
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=997.topic&start=154&stop=156

------------------
RORY FREEMAN INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT
------------------
Thanks for the great questions, and I was able to use a lot of them! Nice to talk with an articulate Survivor outcast for a change, Rory was fun! Hope you enjoy the interivew!
Rose

RORY FREEMAN/SURVIVOR #9 VOTED OUT

Q: You thought you were safe once you got back with the men… how did the tables turn?

RF: Julie and Twila actually convinced Sarge and Chad and Chris that they were all part of one big alliance, and Sarge and Chad and Chris believed it! That’s the worst thing, you don’t believe anything anybody says on Survivor, but they bought it hook line and sinker!

Q: So the women’s goal of an all-female alliance seems to be working?

RF: They are in the driver’s seat, and the fact of the matter is, the men made a real mistake last week when they voted off John Kenney. We could have gone into the merger last night with 5 men and 5 women, and that would have changed the whole outcome of this game. Instead, the women are definitely in the catbird’s seat.

Q: Help me understand something… what is the spell that Ami seems to have over all the women? How is she able to pull their strings?

RF: (emphatically) I don’t know! And I lived with these women, and to the dime, every time Ami says anything, they go along with it! Ami can be extraordinarily persuasive and sweet and sisterly, but I didn’t have that sort of rapport with her, because with me, it was just animosity, and her continuously telling me, “We’re kicking you off as soon as we get the opportunity!”

Q: What are Chris and Chad and Sarge facing now up against the women?

RF: I think the realization that they bought a false bill of goods hit them last night at tribal council, and the fact is, they bought it hook line and sinker. I never would, because I don’t trust anybody.

Q: Which of the men is most likely to work his way into the women’s alliance, if there’s a way to do it?

RF: I think I was pretty much the only guy on the island who could have dealt with the women the way I did. As far as Sarge or Chris or Chad, I would say Chris has the best opportunity to be involved with the women because of his personality. But… the women are not gonna break their alliance, there’s no way they’re gonna break their alliance. They’re solid.

Q: You had a chance to get to know some of the women at Yasur, I’m curious about your impressions. Let’s start with Scout.

RF: Scout is probably one of the most well-rounded women that I’ve ever met in my life, and that’s not a compliment I would give to anyone lightly. She’s flying under the radar right now, really fulfilling the mother role for the tribe members, and that’s what’s keeping her safe. But she hasn’t been able to compete in the Immunity or Reward Challenges to have much of an effect other than that.

Q: Someone else who’s under the radar is Leann, she’s almost invisible! How does the hierarchy work in the women’s alliance? Ami’s obviously the top dog, but how does it go from there?

RF: It would be Ami and Leann as a team. Ami and Leann are definitely the number one and number two people that would need to be watched by everyone else. Everyone else is pretty much expendable, and with Ami’s personality and the convincing sway and manner that she has over so many people, that’s gonna be an alliance that everybody’s gonna need to watch.

Q: We haven’t seen as much of Eliza as we did at the beginning when she was irritating people by talking non-stop, but she’s strong in the challenges, could she be a dark horse?

RF: Eliza’s strength lies in the fact that she’s extremely cunning. She might be kinda flying under the radar a little bit right now, but the fact of the matter is, she’s probably the most studied Survivor fan out of all of us, and if anybody’s willing to lie, cheat and steal to get through the next day, it’s gonna be Eliza. They definitely need to watch her!

Q: So do you think Sarge is gonna be as cozy with Julie from now on?

RF: (laughs) I think Sarge is married, and I think his wife may not look upon that whole thing too well!

Q: And with the women so strong now, his goose is cooked anyway, right?

RF: I think that’s a train wreck that’s coming!

Q: out of time, thanks!
------------------

Some observations:
Chris, Chad, Sarge bought the deal with Twila & Julie hook line and sinker
Scout - one of the most well-rounded women that I’ve ever met in my life
Ami & Leann - top dog team
Eliza - extremely cunning

forehead

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Question aethelstan 11-09-04 1
   RE: Question seahorse 11-10-04 2
 RE: Rory interview pax 11-10-04 3
   RE: Rory interview Markopolo100 11-10-04 4
       RE: Rory interview Brownroach 11-10-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-04, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Question"
Since Rory is not on the jury, he would have gone to the same loser lodge inhabited by Dolly, Brook and the two Johns right?

And, therefore he would have absolutely no idea what in fact befell the rest of the survivors?

I'm asking because in this interview Rory states: "We could have gone into the merger last night with 5 men and 5 women, and that would have changed the whole outcome of this game" (my emphasis)
I note this because it implies that as a result of the men voting out John K, that the outcome is predictable and, therefore, a pagonging. Maybe I'm stretching the English here...

Anyway, I expect that Rory is pretty much calling it as he sees it and that he has no more idea what happens in the next few weeks than we do.

©Forged by RollDdice.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Question"
Good observation, Stan.

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-04, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pax Click to send private message to pax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rory interview"
``But… the women are not gonna break their alliance, there’s no
way they’re gonna break their alliance. They’re solid.''
>
this was the quote that struck me. while it's possible rory may not know what's going to happen, all of the contestants are coached on what to say and what not to say. this really sounds like misdirection so we'll be shocked when the Evil Lesbian Alliance breaks down.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-10-04, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rory interview"
Even the non-jury members find out what's happening. So Rory could know the final two and boot order.

Not that we should believe him, even if he does know.

But several pre-jury castaways have admitted this throughout the seasons. Many of the Survivors, pre-jury and jury do talk, even if they're not supposed to.

For example: One pre-jury castaway in Pearl Islands (cough cough) knew the exact boot order. Though I am sure there are other examples.

Marko

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rory interview"
But they can talk to each other at the wrap party and, I assume, on the plane ride home, so I'm sure everyone pretty much gets clued in to the general boot order and certainly the F2.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •