The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cowboy Lanny"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

QC 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-05-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QC Click to send private message to QC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cowboy Lanny"
After last night's show I'm betting on Lanny. Any man who can tame a Stallion, be a gentleman and also be so handsome is hard to find! Meredith if you don't pick Lanny please send him my way! Born a San Francisco girl destined to be a cowboy's wife!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cowboy Lanny djandy 02-05-04 1
   Forget the Mother QC 02-05-04 2
       RE: Forget the Mother Poncho 02-05-04 4
       RE: Forget the Mother djandy 02-06-04 6
   RE: Cowboy Lanny AMAI 02-06-04 7
   RE: Cowboy Lanny NorthShoreJane 02-06-04 8
   RE: Cowboy Lanny missygirl3 02-06-04 9
 RE: Cowboy Lanny ValleyGirl 02-05-04 3
   RE: Cowboy Lanny leogirl_21 02-06-04 5
       RE: Cowboy Lanny hkb1946 02-14-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-05-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
I really like Lanny and think he's adorable. However, I don't think he will get past the next round because of 2 reasons: he works with horses in the country, and in the preview his mom was pretty strident saying things like "when he needs you, I want you to be there for him whether you like it or don't." Major future obnoxious mother-in-law red flags!

djandy

QC 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QC Click to send private message to QC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Forget the Mother"
Working with horses in the country is what makes him so attractive! As far as his mother it's not fair to judge anyone by their relatives. If Meredith or whomever he ends up with truly loves him she'll have to deal with it. After all when a man gets married he leaves his parents and starts a NEW life with his wife who then takes all precedence! I think showing that clip of his mother is intended to lead you to think she might blow it for him?
QC

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-05-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Forget the Mother"
>If Meredith or
>whomever he ends up with
>truly loves him she'll have
>to deal with it.
>After all when a man
>gets married he leaves his
>parents and starts a NEW
>life with his wife who
>then takes all precedence

That is the way it SHOULD be, but unfortunatly in alot of situations it is not like that. It could be a hard road ahead of her if she has the Mother-In-Law from HE**!!!

Poncho

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-06-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Forget the Mother"
QC, I also think Lanny working with horses in the country is very attractive, but I'm saying that I don't think that it will be attractive to Meredith.

You're right, in "real" life we need to put up with bad mother-in-laws because they are a part of the person we love. However, this is not real life and on the show Meredith has to look for things that will distinguish one great guy from another. A difficult future mother-in-law is indeed a negative and could tip the balance when deciding between multiple great guys.

djandy

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
A difficult mother-in-law... hmm. I think what would tip the balance one way or the other would be all that Lanny has to say to Mere on the way to meet Mom. If he goes on & on about how wonderful she is, and how he still has to mind what she says and so on, and then Mere meets this harridan, it will be an easy decision for Mere. She will know (or should know) that she will undoubtedly end up being ganged up on by Lanny & his mom.

And I think it might occur if Mere says she wants to go to a different church, or to no church at all. We've not heard a peep about "Southern Baptist" but I expect we will next week.

On the other hand, if Lanny makes it clear that there are times when he has to remind his mother that he runs his own life now, and she needs to butt out, there is hope that Mere MIGHT be able to do the same. The precedent will be conveyed to Mere.

I'm interested to see how the various guys end up making themselves less attractive to Mere perhaps without even realizing it.

NorthShoreJane 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-06-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthShoreJane Click to send private message to NorthShoreJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
>I really like Lanny and think
>he's adorable. However, I
>don't think he will get
>past the next round because
>of 2 reasons: he
>works with horses in the
>country, and in the preview
>his mom was pretty strident
>saying things like "when he
>needs you, I want you
>to be there for him
>whether you like it or
>don't." Major future obnoxious
>mother-in-law red flags!
>
And (you missed a reason) Reason #3... the only thing Lanny knows how to cook is beef, and Meredith doesn't eat red meat! (thus the stress from Lanny on the cooking date!)

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
I think Bobs mom was the worst. How domineering was she?? we all know why Estella was picked. I missed the Lanny mom comment. but thats what I get for watching it during dinner!!

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-05-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
I like Lanny but there is no way Meredith is going to be the
wife of a horse breeder. She's nervous and very uncomfortable around horses and that would be a major stumbling block for them right from the getgo. Sorry Lanny, you're a nice guy but this city girl isn't going to pick you.
Valley Girl
"Giddy up....."

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-06-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
I think that the one thing that is against Lanny in all of this is his cowboy status. And because of this, i think that he will not be the one to end up with Meredith which sucks because I really like him with her...but I would like him with me too!

hkb1946 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-04, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hkb1946 Click to send private message to hkb1946 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cowboy Lanny"
I'm from Dallas and was skeptical that Meredith was a good match for Lanny from day one. I'm a dyed in the wool horse fanatic and show reining horses, and I know that in order for my life with horses to go smoothly, the man in my life has to understand the expense and sacrifices involved. Meredith needs to be with a man who has similar interests and definitely doesn't have an overbearing mother. That mother and I would have locked horns within minutes, and I'm a pretty easy going person to get along with. Any man who allows his mother to run his life is no prize. Meredith needs a totally different kind of guy in her life. Whether or not he's going to be found on this television series is pretty doubtful. I thought she eliminated some guys who had a lot more going for them than some of the guys she kept around. Love is a mystery...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •