The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
From Nana at Chatter

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... I_Got_Nutn 10-22-04 1
 RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... Scarlett O Hara 10-22-04 2
   RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... volsfan 10-22-04 3
       RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... PepeLePew13 10-22-04 5
           RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... volsfan 10-22-04 6
               RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... PepeLePew13 10-22-04 8
           RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... JohnMc 10-22-04 15
               RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... PepeLePew13 10-22-04 16
                   RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... volsfan 10-22-04 17
       RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... I_Got_Nutn 10-22-04 14
   RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... PepeLePew13 10-22-04 4
   Why would Julie be the first post-m... esquire 10-22-04 9
       RE: Why would Julie be the first po... FesterFan1 10-22-04 10
           RE: Why would Julie be the first po... emydi 10-22-04 11
           RE: Why would Julie be the first po... zazzy 10-22-04 18
       RE: Why would Julie be the first po... alwaysintruble1 10-22-04 19
           RE: Why would Julie be the first po... S2Fan 10-23-04 20
 RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... FesterFan1 10-22-04 7
   RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... lilRED 10-22-04 12
   RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... Brownroach 10-22-04 13
   Does "Battle" have a Triple Meaning LookeeLoo 10-26-04 22
 RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... strid333 10-23-04 21
   RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... Flowerpower 10-29-04 23
       RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Bat... Pensha26 10-29-04 24
       Battle: Only "real" players left forehead 10-29-04 26
 IC hint? aethelstan 10-29-04 25
   Another tribe switch litatura 10-29-04 27
       RE: Another tribe switch Flowerpower 10-29-04 28
           RE: Another tribe switch caveman 10-29-04 29
 Battle between Rory and Ami? LookeeLoo 10-29-04 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-22-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Sounds like a merge.

Yeah, It's a JSlice
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-22-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Does this mean that JK will be booted next week and Julie will be the first casualty of the merge? If this is the case, then the women will still outnumber the men -- 5 women to 4 men. Hmmmmm....

Praise Jesus!

Scarlett

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
I like the idea of a merge at this point. If there isn't a merge...it is hard for me to believe that the current Yasur tribe can/will win two IC's in a row.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Oh you know MB... he'll throw in a puzzle challenge or a SOS challenge to favour brains over physical brawn, so that's how newYasur will win the next two ICs.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

10-22-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
I agree that he could throw a brain puzzle challenge in there but I don't think he make it two in a row at this crucial time in the game. IMHO!

10-22-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
That's what SOS challenges are for!

Rest assured, MB will find a way to even things out.

Scratch and sniff

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
New Yessir only has to win one more challenge to enter the merge even.

10-22-04, 05:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Thanks, JohnMc, I stand corrected -- assuming, of course, that there IS a merge in Ep8.

Scratch and sniff

10-22-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
I think this title is leading me to believe that the merge does occur here!

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-04 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

I could see Chris throwing the IC when he sees that Rory has survived the last TC. Thinking that Twila is with them, Rory can be swayed back to the fold and expecting a merge at 10. I think he would see this as his last chance to get rid of the JK threat pre-merge and have a 5 person alliance going into the merge.

ETA: Although, if the next IC requires one person to stand around and do nothing and doesn't involve pigs or water. Yasur might just win it on their own.

Yeah, It's a JSlice
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

10-22-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
4. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
I wouldn't be surprised if Ami and Scout get worked over by Twila to go along with the older men to stay alive as they're preferable to the younger ladies -- and especially with Ami's rampant feminism getting all into a lather over hearing that Julie tried to sway the guys with her nakedness.

Scratch and sniff

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-22-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Why would Julie be the first post-merge boot?"
Doesn't it strike everyone that Julie is a strange choice to be the first post-merge boot.

The first post-merge boot is always a person the rest of the players consider a threat. Either a threat to win challenges or a person perceived as a team leader. Julie does not have either of those traits

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why would Julie be the first post-merge boot?"
Two words. Fence. Sitter. It did Dolly in. And it's the best reason I can come up with for Julie's boot 2 episodes out. She's not in with the men like Twila, and she's not in with the Womyn of Yasur, either. She may think she's the deciding vote, and may be put in that place, but if she gives off the same vibes as Dolly, they'll both turn on her.

This would put Rory and Twila in swing vote seats. Sarge may try to bring Rory back to the fold, while Yasur will try to keep their advantage by either making promises to Rory or trying to appeal to Twila.

Fester

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why would Julie be the first post-merge boot?"
If anyone tries to get Rory back in the fold it will be Chris--Sarge has promised the F4 spot to Twila and I see him as a Rupert kind of a guy not a Rob M (like Chris is).

So maybe the swing votes are Twila and Rory instead of Eliza and Rory..

Handcrafted by RollDdice

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-22-04, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Why would Julie be the first post-merge boot?"
I can see Rory continuing to play the Sandra game of "I'll write down anyone's name" and one of the groups uses that to their advantage.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-22-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Why would Julie be the first post-merge boot?"
Doesn't strike me as strange at all, esp if you consider the ongoing theme for boots...get rid of the younger player 1st and formost.

If John does go this week, and they merge the following week(which seems to be what is going to happen), then IMO we'll see all the older group decide to get rid of one of the last remaining youngins, which would be either Eliza or Julie. Seeing as we've been shown Scout and Ami both showing some respect for Eliza, leaves Julie as the next boot. The NewYasur will stay 5 strong (Rory said he knows the girls better than the guys he was with), and at least one or two of the NewLopevi will be swayed seeing as they like the "get rid of the youngins" idea, and we say bye bye to Julie.

AlwaysInTruble
We've all tried this at least once....Admit it

S2Fan 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-23-04, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail S2Fan Click to send private message to S2Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Why would Julie be the first post-merge boot?"
It strikes me odd too that Julie would be the first post-merge boot.

Perhaps, Julie falls victim to the purple rock.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Sounds like the last nail in JK's coffin. Merge in E8 with 5 Old Lopevi men, 5 Old Yasur women, 5 New Lopevi, and 5 New Yasur.

Does Twila stay with the Fat Fiveminustwo? Does Julie? Does Rory stick with his Yasur commitments?

Fester

lilRED 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-22-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lilRED Click to send private message to lilRED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
I think Twila will stick with the men. But Rory might stick with the women, so it may still be one up for the women+ Rory.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
Judging from the title, I'd be surprised if anyone sticks with anyone from this point on.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Does "Battle" have a Triple Meaning"
"Now the Battle Really Begins"

I'm thinking 3 "Battles" are Possible scenarois for this episode, and we should look at #3 and #4 a little more since...

1) Fester, I can see that battle between male and female happening! This is most likeley, but I didn't even think of that! For this to really happen and assuming NuLopevi lost, they would have to vote out Julie. This would make a 5 to 5 male versus female scenario if the merge occurred in Ep. 8.

2) Merge in Ep. 8. Well, we all know this will happen eventually. Is it now a battle between the NuTribes?

3) What if as we expect, a merge happens, but the Battle refers to more than that? What if this means someone's personal battle against another? Who would qualify for this?
- We've seen Scout want Eliza out. I can see Scout, as the weakest female, targeting Eliza if she makes the merge.
- We've seen Sarge want Rory out. Does he have what it takes to get Rory out post merge?
- Are there any other personal battles?

A Gothmog Original 2004

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
I think this is either a merge or a fake merge where everybody ends up on the same beach.

Three is the perfect number.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
After last nights show, ep 7, I question wether the merge will occur in this ep, "Now the Battle Really Begins". I just can't see how Julie would be the first boot after the merge as I think that Ami would take Julie back into the fold...girl power, no girls have stuck together to the end before, blah, blah...

After last night we see a very angry, cornered Rory, who has another trick up his sleeve??? Could there be a battle between him and the Yasurs?

Chad recieved a vote last night, will he cause some kind of battle over at the Lopevi's? Is there a battle between the women and the guys there, we see the girls "corrupting" Sarge, perhaps they are pulling out all of the strings to sway one of the fat5-2 their way???

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S9 Episode 8 Title "Now the Battle Really Begins""
After last night we see a very angry, cornered Rory, who has another trick up his sleeve??? Could there be a battle between him and the Yasurs?

I was thinking the same thing. The merge is not this episode like everyone believes. Everyone is expecting it, but it does not happen. The battle is between Rory and Ami. Rory tries to take charge of Yasur only to have Ami try and squash him. War breaks out between the two.

JMO!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Battle: Only "real" players left"
I'm not sold on a traditional merge either. The title could simply mean, that the last of the none players (JohnK) is gone. The battle really begins, as on either tribe everybody is at least trying to play the game of Survivor. Even Julie surprised me with her move to get info from Twila. We know it won't work for Julie, but at least she gave it a shot. There have been so many castaways who never even tried to play the game, but at least those non-players are gone now.

Coupled with the ep9 title "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly", the real merge might take place in ep9.

forehead

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-29-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "IC hint?"
Perhaps, like with the Hog-tied episode, this merely indicates that the IC or RC is a challenge where there is some form of physical confrontation, maybe like the stilts thing that Tammy won in Marquesas or maybe closer to the Thailand melee.

In either case, physical confrontation as one aspect of the challenge and balance as the other, thus keeping both tribes relatively even (one has better strength, the other better balance)

ŠIceCat: the name says it all.

litatura 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail litatura Click to send private message to litatura Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Another tribe switch"
Do you think maybe the tribes switch back to men vs. women again before the merge? It would explain a lot.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Another tribe switch"
Welcome to Blows and the boards litatura! And, I like that idea that perhaps Julie and Twila and Rory are all sent back to their original tribes....sure would be a new twist! A Julie boot would fit this scenario as well! Hmmmmm, hope we get some vidcaps to perhaps confirm!

Great thought!

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Another tribe switch"
Or the anticipated merge is simply postponed one week and Lopevi loses another immunity challenge.

Caveman

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Battle between Rory and Ami?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Disregarding the spoilers that Julie goes this week, I can see Rory campaigning with the men to vote Ami off and Ami campaigning with the women to vote Rory off.

Rory has definitely targeted Ami, but would the men follow his lead on this? This is personal with Rory, and we also know that Sarge has issues with Rory.

Ami doesn't care much what man goes, but does she strongly want Rory out over any of the other males? I can only think that since she knows Rory knows she has targeted him, that she would want him gone so that he doesnt target her! Which my hypothesis.

So, how could a Julie boot fit in with this theory? Could it still be Scout holding the cards? Could she say to the men that she won't cast a vote for Rory or Ami and force the men to pick another? Enter Julie?

ETA: This also supports my theory that Ami doesnt win immunity. If she did, there would be no "battle". See the Vidcap 8 preview pics, entry 20.

A Gothmog Original 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •