The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ABC's The Dating Experiment"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ABC's The Dating Experiment"
OK, I know no one watches ABC and all, but did anyone else out there happen to catch last night's premiere of this program?

http://www.realitytvworld.com/thedatingexperiment/

I'm not sure if Paradise Hotel ran late or ABC just started their show a minute or two early, but I missed the first minute or so of the program. Since the show apparently has been filmed for over a year, it makes you wonder whatever happened to any of these folks long-term... (even if one thing reality TV has shown is that these relationships rarely work out)

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment Schnookie Palookie 06-26-03 1
   RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment SurvivorBlows 06-26-03 2
       RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment Schnookie Palookie 06-27-03 3
 RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment weltek 07-17-03 4
   RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment SurvivorBlows 07-17-03 5
       RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment JEFFY 07-17-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment"
Dern, I missed another reality show
Was it any good? (I use the term "good" loosely)

06-26-03, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-03 AT 10:34 PM (EST)

It wasn't that bad... it certainly didn't deserve to sit on the shelf for a year before making it to the air waves.

This one should be good:

A BUSINESSMAN DOESN'T KNOW HIS DATE IS A TOPLESS DANCER, WHEN ABC'S "THE DATING EXPERIMENT" IS SET IN SULTRY PUERTO RICO, WEDNESDAY, JULY 9

"Episode 1003" - Ed, a businessman from Fairfield, CT, is paired with Shanna, a topless dancer from Las Vegas. But as their once-in-a-lifetime date unfolds in the lush tropical forests and sunny beaches of beautiful Puerto Rico, the diary commands Shanna to keep her scandalous livelihood a secret, on "The Dating Experiment," WEDNESDAY, JULY 9 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. Hector Elizondo narrates.

"The Dating Experiment" is based on the successful Japanese reality series "The Future Diary," originally produced and developed by the Tokyo Broadcasting System. Each week complete strangers leave home for a secret destination and agree to live their lives controlled by the diary. Participants in the American version of the series were chosen from among more than 1,500 applicants at open casting calls across the country.

Vin Di Bona (executive producer, "America's Funniest Home Videos") is executive producer, along with Daniel Swartz. Kathy Wetherell ("Love Cruise," "Real World"), Terry Moore and Steve Paskay are co-executive producers of the American version of the series, from Greengrass Productions Inc. and Vin Di Bona Worldwide Entertainment in association with DS Entertainment.

This program carries a TV-PG,S parental guideline.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment"
Appreciate the info Webby.
I'll have to check this show out.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment"
I watched this for the first time last night and was pleasantly surprised! It was kind of like a non-cheesy "blind date" show. Don't get me wrong, I like "Blind Date" for the cheese, but where do they find the people on there? Last night the couple seemed very likeable on TDE. I thought the idea was pretty good and it wasn't about a "game" and "scheming" like we seem to get every five seconds these days. That was the part that excited me about early Survivor shows, but now that everyone does it, it's lost some of the appeal. I'm turning back to Real World-esque shows for awhile.

07-17-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
5. "RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment"
I missed last night's show... unfortunately it was the "season finale" (read "last episode of a series that sat on the shelf for a year and then get horrible ratings when we ran it buried all by itself Wednesday's at 10PM") I saw episodes 1 and 3, missed #2 and last night's #4.

Too bad... if ABC was smart they would have aired this at 10PM after "The Bachelor 3" and likely have had a nice little hit on their hands... instead some genius decided that "All American Girl" was a good fit. Seriously... WHAT ARE these people smoking???

-SB

JEFFY 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-17-03, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JEFFY Click to send private message to JEFFY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ABC's The Dating Experiment"
I liked the show also, but what concerned me was the obvious. Anyone who looked at Brandon's body language, like when he hugged Sarah he stuck his pelvis as far away from her as possible, the fact he is "always the best friend, never the boyfriend" the fact Sarah felt sisterly towards him and his spiel "I don't have confidence around girls" is he was giving off an obvious vibe of being a closeted gay boy, so in denial he probably doesn't realize it himself...Brandon honey, keep going to gym, wake up and smell the coffee, and I guarantee you will be a great catch for some nice boy...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •