The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-04 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling
Episode Six

Welcome to this week’s SOTS! I was hoping that this would be one of those ghost tribe episodes so I could really mess with your minds. However, it seems we have a regular episode with no ghost tribe…so keep your sheets handy until Halloween!

LAST WEEK

Before I get to this week’s SOTS, let’s review for a few minutes! Last week’s episode started with two locals arriving at each camp and telling them to pick one “chief”. The ladies picked Scout and the guys picked Sarge. The chief’s would be responsible for re-distributing the tribes! Scout divided the tribes and Sarge got first pick of the tribe he wanted! Basically, Travis/Rory went to Yasur and Twila/Julie went to Lopevi! The Lopevi tribe won reward and got to share beer and Pringles by a waterfall to get to know each other! Lopevi won immunity and Travis got the old boot to the backside!

TITLE OF THIS WEEK’S EPISODE

This week’s episode is titled Hog Tied and can be discussed here. There is discussion about the title referring to the Reward Challenge, which is a roll in the mud with pigs, but we will discuss that a little later! However, Pepe and Fester brings up a good idea that the “tied” portion might be in reference to a tie at Tribal Council! There is also good discussion of how the ties might come about.

MISDIRECTION THREAD

The Misdirection Thread this week states, “Feeling vulnerable, one castaway gives an impassioned, persuasive speech in hopes of breaking the tribe's alliances” and is being discussed as the “Rory speech” that was featured on the promos after last week’s show. The next part, “In a piglet-herding Reward Challenge, could one tribe's chance of winning be hurt by a member's fear of handling pigs?” gives us that the pig challenge will be for reward! There is discussion on who may be in fear of pigs but no good conclusion yet! However, Lookeeloo suggests that Eliza is Jewish and how that would play into this challenge. Then, “Things get very relaxed at one camp, where one castaway decides to do some nude sunbathing, and a walk to gather food fuels an alliance.” Gives us the whole Julie naked on the beach thing! Finally, “Conflicted over how to vote in the upcoming Tribal Council, one castaway prays for a sign to guide the decision. POOF! The sign appears.” There is some discussion on who is praying and the sign, and to be honest, I think every name has appeared with no clear-cut leader! The most common targets are Sarge, Twila and Scout. Maybe this should have been titled the Direction Thread instead of MISdirection!

EDITING

The editing of Rory is being discussed in this link. There is a small discussion on the edit being similar to Kathy O’Brien. I think this is an interesting thread that could get more discussion after this week’s episode and Rory giving his little speech. In the previews last week, we were shown Rory basically telling the women that he isn’t going to work around camp to get voted out! At least he is standing up for himself and playing the game!

REWARD CHALLENGE

I am very disappointed in the promos this week about the challenges! In the Web Promo Thread there are some vid caps of two challenges. This is the thread that I committed the sin of referring to someone that reminded the Clown of a banned member of this site! Shakes, you smacked me on the wrist and I have learned my lesson! There is a water challenge and a pig challenge. Based on the direction thread, we know the pig challenge is for reward. There is no mention of the reward nor are there any good caps to determine exactly what has to be accomplished to be the winner. However, there is a vid cap of some of the Lopevi tribe lying on the beach looking exhausted with some clothes in the background that looks like they are airing or drying. I think this shot very well could be after the reward challenge and the thing that really caught me was Sarge lying flat of his back in the shade! I don’t think Sarge is the type to lounge around camp on a boring day. Many on this thread have speculated that Yasur wins the challenge due to this shot. I say that it is too close to call!

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Again, in the Web Promo Thread, we get a look at the immunity challenge. It is a water-based challenge with these “cone” shaped items that a rope is run throw and the survivors have to get those cones from one end of the rope to the other. The rope looks like it goes through the water, through some boats and over a platform and then out of sight. Again, we really don’t know exactly how the challenge is to be run but I don't think Yasur can win this challenge with Scout having to compete if it is a physical challenge (there could be some type of puzzle at the end or the beginning). They have Rory but in my opinion, he is the weakest male left! I think the overall view of the thread is that we can't really determine a winner without knowing the entire challenge.

SPECULATION

In the previews from last week, we are shown clips of Rory giving his speech. If OFG holds true, Chad, Rory, Scout, and Eliza are safe this week. Also, it is apparent from these vid caps that CBS is showing us a concerned looking Yasur tribe (I think all these caps are of the tribe when Rory tells his little story). Then over at Lopevi looking like they are getting along and seem happy. Misdirection?

FlowerPower started this thread to discus this week’s bootee! She started the thread due to the fact that all of us missed last week’s bootee. There is major discussion going on in this thread and to tell you the truth…makes my head spin. Especially when discussing the Yasur tribe. Most agree that Julie and JohnK are targets on Lopevi. Yasur is more difficult to speculate but most of the posts today have been discussing Lisa as the target.

Another great thread for reading is the Current Alliances thread. Some very good conversation discussing how the fat four (they lost Travis) should keep JohnK because they need him now! Also, the Yasur tribe is discussed and I have concluded that Lisa seems to be a logical target (from the things posted in this thread)!

THE FUTURE

Things yet to happen can be discussed as well! In the Episode 7 title thread we learn that it will be “Anger, Threats, Tears…& Coffee. I think we have to wait until after this week’s episode to air before we start speculating on the title and it’s meaning!

Last week, Sea Flea’s spoiler appeared here and I wanted to mention it even though Sea Flea was wrong last week (we all were)! However, unless I am reading this incorrectly, there isn’t any names that are different from what we have already been given by Snewser. There is no real movement so far on this week’s episode by Snewser but I really wanted to include it here.

Another down the road thread is discussion of the family visits! Eliza, Lea and Scout is rumored to have had visits from home!

Krautboy’s hindsight thread was started to help us move forward from last week’s misses. He was thinking that by answering questions we could learn and move forward and be more accurate with our picks! I like this thread! Witless did a great job explaining how he/she thinks that Scout divided the tribes so that she could keep her main alliance partners Ami and Leann and creating a tribe that Sarge would pick so she would be left with her partners...interesting!

Then of course we have the ongoing editing thread by VerucaSalt. There is discussion of every person left in the game and speculation of the third man that Scout was talking about playing the game with during last week’s Tribal Council!

Just for reference, I will include the Bubba on The Early Show thread and where he was discussing why he was trying to contact Chris at the challenge. He claims he was trying to tell Chris to think through to the merge. Yeah whatever dood!

CONCLUSION

From reading this week, there are more people that are thinking Yasur wins reward and Lopevi wins immunity. This is a week when we are not given much on the challenges nor clues as to who does well. Many people think Julie and JohnK are targets at Lopevi with Ami and Lisa possible targets at Yasur. To be honest, there could be an argument made for each of the women being a target!

If I have left something out or have described something incorrectly, please respond and clear things up! This has been a fun week!

ETA: Don't forget to vote this week by going here.

SOTS is provided by
SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The
purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum
pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel
that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message...
Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the
next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Fire Fly 10-19-04 1
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 10-19-04 2
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... alwaysintruble1 10-19-04 3
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Scarlett O Hara 10-19-04 4
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... emydi 10-20-04 5
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 10-20-04 6
 WOW! SurvivaBear 10-20-04 7
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Tinman 10-20-04 8
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Flowerpower 10-20-04 9
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 10-20-04 10
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Puffy 10-20-04 11
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... LookeeLoo 10-20-04 12
 RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... Markopolo100 10-21-04 13
   RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... volsfan 10-21-04 14
       RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode ... ankerdosh 10-21-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-04, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Vols....This is one of those weeks where you can say to yourself, what the heck is really going on??? Thanks for your review/summary and the links so that we can 'check it out again'. Maybe everything will be clearer next time? Wishful thinking!!! Whatever- good job!!

Fire Fly

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-04, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Very good SOTS! You caught the essence of the lurch in the season when we are approaching merges(?) and how things will turn out in the future.

Three is the perfect number.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-04, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Vols...great STOS this week. Haven't had the time to do any reading on-line last few days. Thanks for summing it all up, and making it easy to get caught back up with everything. Now if I could just make a little sense out of it all, things would be much better.

AlwaysInTruble
We've all tried this at least once....Admit it

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-19-04, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Gheesh! It is getting harder and harder to spoil this show isn't it? Great job with summing up the week's discussions Vols!
Love ya,

Praise Jesus!

Scarlett

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Great SOTS Doc!!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Nice job Doc, another tough week.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-20-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "WOW!"
That EPMB is a worthy advesary! You, Doc, did a fantastic job of bringing all the discussion together on a scattered week.

Gothmog, thou art a choodessny chellovek and a dobby droog!
Thanks!

Tinman 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinman Click to send private message to Tinman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
A tip of the hat for a stellar SOTS - thanks, volsfan!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Fantastic job on what I think is the most difficult week to date. You've really sent us to all the right places, but, is it enough to give us a clear idea as to the bootee....???? Boy, what a week, and yes, MB is a very worthy adversary this season!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Great work on the SOTS, Vols! I'm just back today after being down with the flu since Saturday -- from your SOTS, I know what's been discussed and which threads to look in.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Nice package, of concise information, Vols.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-20-04, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Thanks for the great work on the SOTS, Vols! I agree this week was a really tough one, but you got all the discussions in so that really helped me.

A Gothmog Original 2004
And thanks for giving me my first shout out in a SOTS!

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-21-04, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
Vols...thanks for getting all the info together. THIS REALLY HELPS!!!

BTW, are you rooting for Phil Garner and the Astros? Garner is a big UTenn guy.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-04 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Marko...you bet I am rooting for Garner! Phil went to my high school for his freshman year! He is one of the most popular peeps to ever go to my school!

Edited because I can't spell!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

ankerdosh 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-21-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ankerdosh Click to send private message to ankerdosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State Of The Spoiling, Episode 6"
The "Eliza is afraid of pigs because she's Jewish" theory seems a little far-fetched to me. Keeping Kosher doesn't mean just avoiding pigs. If she kept kosher I doubt she'd be on that island. About the only thing she'd be able to eat was raw fruit and that would have to be ritualistically washed. That doesn't mean Eliza isn't afraid of pigs, but I doubt it's because she's strictly kosher.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •