The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
As we all know, last week we were caught in a big surprise as most of us were solid going with a Lisa boot. As we were wrong last week, then the bootee order is up for grabs, and it seems as though we are going to have to really deduce who our pick will be. I've seen several strong arguments throughout the threads for various bootee candidates. I thought it would be wise to start a separate thread to post all bootee theories here.

No doubt about it at all, according to the pre-merge boot list by Snewser, the bootee candidates are still going to be Lisa, John K. and Julie. With Lisa escaping the boot this week I have some doubt as to Julie being the solid last boot before the merge. The OFG theory from the previews shown after episode 5 would have JK and Lisa safe, and would have us think that Rory or Julie could be the boot.

I would think that the water challenge favors the Lopevi tribe now. After all the times that throwing the challenge has backfired, I would think that these Survivors would have learned that it is indeed a bad move. Chris is a smart cookie, and I really don't think he'd want to throw it. However, lets just think what would happen if they did somehow lose the IC. In order to keep the number of men up, I would think that the target would most definately be a woman...Julie or Twila. We hear Chris talking about how Julie could sweet talk her way in to the final 5...Chris is on to her and will not fall for her seductive charms. If Lopevi loses the IC I solidly say that Julie is history.

What I think is more likely to happen is a Yasur loss. Scout is on their team and she will not be sitting this one out. I read somewhere that the "Hog tied" title of the episode could have a double meaning referring to a tie at tribal counsel...I really like that idea. I am in the camp(right now) of thinking that there could be a tie here. I know that a tie between Leann and Rory has been mentioned but last week we saw Lisa getting on Ami's nerves when she was blabbing to the guys about everything, and Bubba stated on the early show that while talking to Lisa in the middle of the conversation she suddenly stopped and said, I want to talk to you about AMI...but she never did get to talk to him. I think there is some animosity between Lisa and Ami, and I know that Eliza is not fond of her as well. I'm thinking that the tie could be between Lisa and Rory, with Lisa getting the short end of the stick... I do, however, think that Rory is definately a boot candidate this week.

This is just all early speculation.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... cowboyroo 10-16-04 1
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Flowerpower 10-16-04 2
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... alwaysintruble1 10-16-04 3
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Jerrethan 10-16-04 4
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... sylvester 10-16-04 5
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Corvis 10-17-04 8
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... esquire 10-17-04 6
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... JazzyJax 10-19-04 31
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... ScurvyDawg 10-17-04 7
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Loree 10-17-04 9
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... FesterFan1 10-18-04 10
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-18-04 11
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Flowerpower 10-18-04 12
       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-18-04 13
   Julie forehead 10-19-04 23
       RE: Julie Brownroach 10-20-04 75
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Bebo 10-18-04 14
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-18-04 15
       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... VerucaSalt 10-19-04 19
           RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-19-04 20
               RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... KObrien_fan 10-19-04 22
                   If Twila has the conflict forehead 10-19-04 24
                   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Flowerpower 10-19-04 25
                       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-19-04 30
                   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Bebo 10-19-04 27
                       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... KObrien_fan 10-19-04 29
                           RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Flowerpower 10-19-04 33
                               RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Oscirus 10-19-04 54
                           RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Bebo 10-19-04 34
                               RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... KObrien_fan 10-19-04 36
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... KLicK 10-18-04 16
       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Bebo 10-18-04 17
           RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... ScurvyDawg 10-18-04 18
               RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-19-04 21
                   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... FesterFan1 10-19-04 26
                       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-19-04 28
                           RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... FesterFan1 10-19-04 32
       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Scarlett O Hara 10-19-04 52
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... KObrien_fan 10-19-04 35
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... ScurvyDawg 10-19-04 37
       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Bebo 10-19-04 38
           RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... emydi 10-19-04 39
               RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... aethelstan 10-19-04 41
 Julie aethelstan 10-19-04 40
   RE: Julie KObrien_fan 10-19-04 42
   RE: Julie emydi 10-19-04 43
       RE: Julie KObrien_fan 10-19-04 44
           RE: Julie Gingerman28 10-19-04 45
               RE: Julie emydi 10-19-04 46
               RE: Julie KObrien_fan 10-19-04 47
                   RE: Julie pmspml5 10-19-04 48
                       RE: Julie emydi 10-19-04 49
                           RE: Julie Flowerpower 10-19-04 50
                               RE: Julie emydi 10-19-04 51
                                   RE: Julie Bebo 10-19-04 53
                                       RE: Julie Flowerpower 10-19-04 55
                                       RE: Julie Corvis 10-19-04 56
                                           RE: Julie Bebo 10-19-04 57
                           RE: Julie pax 10-20-04 58
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Nashter 10-20-04 59
 Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Cof... Flowerpower 10-20-04 60
   RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and ....... KObrien_fan 10-20-04 61
       RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and ....... Brownroach 10-20-04 76
   RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and ....... Loree 10-20-04 62
       RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and ....... KObrien_fan 10-20-04 63
           RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and ....... emydi 10-20-04 64
               RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and ....... Corvis 10-20-04 65
 Snewser has his pick up sylvester 10-20-04 66
   RE: Snewser has his pick up emydi 10-20-04 67
       RE: Snewser has his pick up volsfan 10-20-04 68
           RE: Snewser has his pick up emydi 10-20-04 71
               RE: Snewser has his pick up volsfan 10-20-04 72
                   RE: Snewser has his pick up emydi 10-20-04 74
               RE: Snewser has his pick up KObrien_fan 10-20-04 73
                   RE: Snewser has his pick up bobscure 10-20-04 79
 Lungs Lisa kingfish 10-20-04 69
 RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... aethelstan 10-20-04 70
   RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... VerucaSalt 10-20-04 77
       RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee specula... Bebo 10-20-04 78

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-16-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Flowerpower,

I totally agree with you that Julie is a much more sound candidate than John K right now over at Lopevi, especially with Travis as the bootee this past week. The only way I could see John K going is if he gets caught working Twila and Julie to force a tie. Chad, Chris, and Lea are going to vote together regardless. I would think John is smarter than to jump ship now.

Over at Yasur, it gets a bit confusing. I don't think Ami was all that upset with Lisa that she would use that as a reason to want her gone. It was a minor conflict and we saw Eliza and Lisa rebonding this past episode, so I don't think that is solid reasoning either. I still tend to believe that there is a possibly hidden alliance between Ami/Leann/Eliza that took place when Eliza/LeAnn were up for the boot that we didn't see; possibly having them stay on separate alliances so that they can share what is going on and make sure the other is not the boot. Just like Lisa not wanting to vote out Scout, the women seem to be creating suballiances. Rory, no doubt would be one of the targets. Scout could be a target for her weakness in challenges, Eliza for her yappy mouth and being a bowhead, Ami for Lisa wanting to target her with Travis from the Early Show, LeeAnn for still being too quiet, and Lisa, more likely for floating in the middle. However, if there is a tie, Lisa may not be the target at all, but a victim of the purple rock. Are we even clear what the tiebreaker rules are anymore? We may just be assuming that the purple rock still exists.

The vidcap of Lisa being the only person carrying a pig could be symbolism of her demise in an Ep. titled "Hog tied".

Another possibility is that Lisa/Eliza/Rory are on one side of the fence and Ami/Scout/LeeAnn on the other. If it is known that Lisa/Eliza are planning to vote with Rory, the other women may target one of them as a "might as well be a man vote" since they are voting against them anyway.

Or like, I mentioned in another post, there are so many options at Yasur, that we may end up with a Survivor first...a 3way tie, with 3 people getting two votes each.

10-16-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Wow, you really have given out alot to think about. I particularly like the possibility of the three person alliance of Ami, Eliza, and Leann, formed from the second episode on.

It's not that I think Ami was that mad at Lisa for blabbing to the guys, but the fact that Lisa wanted to talk to Bubba about Ami. Perhaps Ami gets wind that Lisa is talking about her behind her back...afterall some women are quick to listen, saying they won't repeat something, and then turning around and repeating it...gossip. If Ami gets any wind of this, Lisa could be on her hit list....untrustworthy.

Boy, the thought of a three way tie sure would be interesting!!!

The vidcap of Lisa being the only person carrying a pig could be symbolism of her demise in an Ep. titled "Hog tied".

Wow, VS would be very proud of you for that observation!!! It sounds very plausible!

Great thoughts, Cowboy!!!

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Not really sure about Julie being a more sound candidate than John K. Sure it would make sence for the guys to be thinking the numbers, and try to keep John K around, but would John agree to this? He knows that he would be the 5th in the guys pecking order if he stayed with them, and he might be thinking about whether or not he can trust the guys seeing as they would have voted him out if possible.

The title to the episode would have to refer to more than just the RC with the pigs.

From Webster: hog tie or hog-tie
1. To tie together the feet or legs of.
2. Informal. To impede or disrupt in movement or action

Specluation: At Lopevi, after losing the IC(and possibly before), John K starts going to Julie and Twila about them starting an aliance. After losing the IC, Twila, who gets along better with the guys she says, realizes that by joining with John and Julie would at best create a 3-3 tie, "hog ties" (using the informal definition loosly), impedes John's actoins by going to Sarge and telling him about John's plans to go against the guys. Sarge and Twila decide to then get rid of John because he can't be trusted, and would be hard to compete against once the merge happened, and they vote with Chad and Chris to vote John out 4-2, or even 5-1 if the bring Julie along (which I doubt, thus setting her up as the next boot from Lopevi).

I'm not sure about Yasur, I agree, things get confusing. I still think that Elzia will flop over with Rory, not wanting to vote of the remaining guy if they lose. Scout to me seems the most likely one to agree with this logic, and I'm still going with Eliza going for revenge against Lisa. The fact that she made the comment to Lisa's face that she would rather vote out one of the girls rather than the guys, tells me that she still holds some resentment towards Lisa and is looking for a way to get rid of her. Could have the "tie" on Yasur with Rory/Eliza?Scout vs. Ami/Leann/Lisa, and since no one knows yet how a tie would be decided, Lisa could be voted out, thus causing the "anger and tears" for Eps. #7. But then again, I thought this would happen last week as well, so I'm probably wrong about Lisa/Eliza again.

Jerrethan 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-16-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jerrethan Click to send private message to Jerrethan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
The vidcaps basically convinced me that it's Julie's turn to get the boot. Last week, the promos showed Brady fishing as his last strategy, and now he's gone. Now we see Julie apparently using her sex appeal as her (last?) strategy. It's just not gonna work on Twila, two married men and an engaged guy.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-04, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-04 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-16-04 AT 08:54 PM (EST)

I can't agree with the probable Julie boot for Ep 6. To me, her story just started in Ep 5, and it seems that MB would want more mileage from the 'sex appeal' girl than 1 1/2 episodes.

I'm not sure yet who wins the Immunity Challenge. If Lopevi wins, which seems likely due to the type of challenge, I still see Lisa as the likely boot. Not sure if it will come down to a tie and Lisa loses the tie, or if the group gets together and decides it needs to keep him, but Rory has been getting way too much attention since Ep 1 to kill him off now. Plus it seems in the previews that his speech is making points with Scout at least. Lisa's story, what there was of it anyway, is ready to close.

If Lopevi loses, which seems unlikely, I see a John K boot. I think Chris/Chad/Sarge will worry about the possibility of an alliance between John and the women. I see them making the first move to preempt that, by pulling Twila into the new Flab4. John K & Julie will be out, with John K first because the older men are still worried about his athleticism. I'm sure they believe they can beat Yasur in physical challenges even without John. Sarge in an insider video commented on how hard BOTH Julie & Twila had been working, and you know to Sarge that's a big deal. John K has been portrayed as lazy. Plus I think John K pointed out he was smart by the move he made when he went to the women's camp. A double threat. They know they're up 4-2, and they still have Julie to boot should they lose a 2nd time before merge. Plus, there's the eye candy factor, lol.

So, for me, Yasur boot=Lisa, Lopevi boot=John K

Edited to say D'oh! I need to preview before I post. Fixed now.

Sylvester (just call me CAT)

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-17-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Hey, CAT.

"To me, her story just started in Ep 5, and it seems that MB would want more mileage from the 'sex appeal' girl than 1 1/2 episodes."

I am sure EvilPeckerMark would want to get more mileage out of the sex appeal story, but he takes what he can get. The story couldn't start earlier because we had tribes divided by gender. It's played up big time in the previews because this is the one chance for a sex heavy episode. Once Julie is gone and with John K. and Eliza on opposite tribes, that's it folks. And if people think a character can't be booted because they haven't had enough of a story, I will with painful memories remind everyone of Zoe, my nemesis. Never said a word throughout the whole series, kept waiting for her to have a story and then boom! she's gone with her only story in her boot episode.

So yeah, I think Julie could go even though he story is just starting. Just my humble opinion.

Corvis

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-17-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I have trouble believing John goes anytime soon, We are now devided into mixed triobes and stregnth is a useful trait. Plus the guys are now down to 5 against 7 girls. This does not bode well for them after the merge. It would seemto be foolish for theguys of L to get rid of Johnanytime soon

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
This is definitely the most simplest theme, and we may be over-thinking it. I can't get out of my head though that if JohnK was making moves to go over to the other side, it really wouldn't matter what gender they were, the core alliances on each tribe have to figure out a way to not be outnumbered. Mixing the tribes gender-wise has already moved the focus off of male vs. female and onto protecting alliances. Travis brought that last vote on himself, he obnoxiously showed that he was too tight a partner with his previous tribe.

Perhaps Lea/Chris/Chad think they might be able to sway Twila and view JohnK as expendable, because they are SURE he will defect. They may think that with one less guy on Yasur, the strength balance is not as high an issue. They know they have Julie as a backup boot. JohnK has already proven he can win individual challenges.

I thought Amy called Eliza "the boss" last episode and I read someplace that Scout called her "little one"? as well-this tells me that Eliza is in a more solid position than we think. Both Rory and Lisa are the expendable ones. The Yasur gals could probably see during challenges that Rory is on the fringe of his old tribe and they may be able to sway him. If Lisa is talking about defecting and Rory is stressing the new teamwork angle (which is the ONLY way I can figure Rory lasts), then Lisa is not needed.

I think the two main alliances Lea/Chris/Chad and Scout/Amy/Eliza are out to keep their core intact. Leanne and Twila are mid-layer at this point. Bottom of the heap is JohnK, and Lisa.

Just my two cents!

ScurvyDawg 58 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ScurvyDawg Click to send private message to ScurvyDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I'm leaning towards a John K boot this week. To start with at the waterfall John K stated that he felt safer and was happy now that the guys alliance was “broken”. This indicates that John K misunderstands the balance of power on Lopevi and overestimates the relative security of his position. It sounds like he wants to distance himself from the other guys.

On the other hand, Julie and Twila both are attempting to bond with the guys, they are not trying to set up an alliance in opposition to the guys. At the waterfall Julie stated that she was worried the guys might boot her and Twila, therefore they were both working at bonding with the guys. Also at the waterfall Twila stated that she felt she fit in better with the guys and she felt she had more in common with them such as Chris working for the highway department.

Therefore, John K is probably going to be the odd guy out. It seems to be a recurring theme in Survivor that when someone overestimates their power or security, they typically get booted during that episode or the following episode. John K made his comments in episode 5, so he’ll probably get booted in episode 6.

Further support for a John K boot includes several of the preview statements. The first of the statements implies that on Lopevi “a walk to gather food fuels an alliance”. The alliance is probably between John K and Julie. We know it’s Lopevi since nude sunbathing and the alliance building are connected by having occurred at one camp. John K makes himself the target for a booting by following through on his belief that the fat five’s alliance was broken. Based on his mistaken belief he apparently attempts to set up an alliance in opposition to the guys.

The other preview statement concerns one of the castaways being conflicted over how to vote in the upcoming Tribal Council and praying for a sign to guide the decision. Twila probably does the praying after being approached by either John K or Julie. Twila, with the difficult life she has led, seems to be more likely than the others to openly pray for help when making decisions.

We haven’t heard enough about Julie for her to be booted in the upcoming episode. If she were going to be booted, I think we would have heard an ironic comment from her in the last episode such as being glad to be with all the guys on Lopevi or feeling safer with her new tribe. Instead, we heard her state at the waterfall that she was worried at her position and that she was trying hard to bond with the guys. John K on the other hand has been getting some face time and did give us the ironic comment that he felt safer and thought the guys alliance was broken.

So far as Lisa goes, her eventual boot seems to be being played up like a volcano preparing to erupt. We heard the first rumblings last episode when Eliza tried to convince her tribemates to boot a woman instead of either of the guys. Then at TC we heard Scout state that Rory and Bubba were two of the three guys she wanted to play the game with. Also, at TC when asked about the possibility that both guys might get booted, Scout stated that the game isn’t over until the fat lady sings. She seemed to be implying that she would not boot Rory. This coming episode the rumblings will become more ominous as we hear Rory’s fireside chat, and almost definitely several reaction comments from the Yasur women. I’ll be looking for an ironic comment from Lisa incorrectly indicating that she is safe and that Rory will get booted the next time Yasur goes to TC. The following episode (Anger, Threats, Tears … & Coffee) is when the volcano explodes following an unsuccessful Yasur IC and before TC as the Yasur women openly discuss whether to boot Lisa or Rory. I expect Eliza and Scout to side with Rory. There might be a rift developing between Ami and Scout, this was shown during the past episode with an interesting view of Scout looking somewhat disappointed when Ami made her comment to Lisa about not showing the guys any of their secrets.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I am leaning towards a Lisa boot this week. She seems to have had a peak in her screen time. And I think it's because she is going. I don't think Scout would try and save her. Scout did leave Lisa out in the tribe division when she had no idea what would happen to the female left over. Lisa could have been sent home. So I think she is the one Scout least cared about. And several others on that tribe seem to have a bit of a problem with her. If they want to keep Rory for challenges I think Lisa would be the boot and nobody would really care.

Meanwhile I expect the red tribe to win this water challenge. They did well in the other challenge. And Scout is not going to help much.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-04 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

After 2 weeks of unsuccessfully predicting Lisa's boot, I have now come to think that she's the merge casualty, especially after last night. I know Rory is going to announce his sit-down strike next week, but I don't think that's going to sway the women to vote for Lisa, who is the only member of current Yasur slated to go before the jury. If anything, the solid group of Ami, Leeann, Scout, and Lisa would target flip-flopper Eliza if they truly wanted to spare Rory. Seeing Ami at TC, it's clear she's taken the leadership position with that alliance, and there's no way in hell she's going to vote out a woman before Rory, unless that woman is the untrustworthy Eliza.

So for me, it looks like 2 straight weeks of Lopevi TC visits. The question is whether it's Julie then John K. or the other way around. I don't know how much stock we can put in the "just before the merge" Julie spoiler, since there's no specific episode or boot order reference to go with. Either E6 or E7 could reasonably be considered "just before the merge", if we have a merge in E8.

In terms of editing, John K.'s had more story arc focus, but Julie's emphasis in the E6 preview can't be ignored. I agree with the idea that it's very Brady-esque. I have little doubt that John will try to rally Julie and Twila to his side. I also have little doubt that Julie will be open to the invitation. After all, she's in the same minority position with the women come the merge, and it's likely that despite her attempts to use her body to get into the Fat Five's good graces, Twila's more likely to be Sarge's "type".

Speaking of Twila, I think it's she who is on the fence as to who to vote for. I believe that John will bond with Julie, and Sarge, Chris, and Chad will see this. They will know that a tie is looming at TC and approach Twila to vote with them to oust John. John and Julie will also want Twila to vote for Sarge or Chris. Stuck in the middle, Twila will look for a sign as to who to vote for. As far as she's concerned, as long as it's a male who's going home, it doesn't much matter in the long run. I think that "sign" will come either in something John says or does, or the spector of the dreaded purple rock (which certainly would have to be explained to her, as I don't see her as much of a Survivor historian). In any event, it will sway Twila to go with her drinking buddies Chris, Sarge, and Chad, and she will cast a fourth vote for John.

Julie will go in E7 in the battle of the sitting ducks (i.e.; Julie v. Rory).

Then we get the merge in E8, and Eliza, seeing the writing on the wall, jumps to the men's side forcing a 5-5 tie, leading ultimately to Lisa's exit.

Fester
With my track record the past few weeks, though, you may be better off ignoring this theory in its entirety.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Ok, I've been hedging all weekend...but the CBS Press Release, got me thinking about the misdirection quotes again and the "PRAYER"

I do not think the person who prays for a sign is Rory or Lisa even though they have been shown as prayers in the past.

From Snewser's memo, we know that if Yasur goes to TC this week, Lisa is gone. So Lisa will not be in conflict imo, she will vote with whom she thinks the 5 women strong will vote: for Rory. No conflict, no need to pray for a sign.

Rory, same thing. He will most likely be the other target if Yasur goes to TC. So he will not be in conflict--he will pick whomever he has heard is in "trouble" imo Lisa. Therefore, again, no conflict no need to pray for a sign.

There is a slight chance that he could be conflicted if Ami and Lisa are the targets, but I don't think so. Rory is Sandra in that he will write down anyone's name...He did it last week with Bubba. He didn't pray for whom to vote for, he prayed with Bubba, for them BOTH to STAY in the game.

The only person on Yasur that could be conflicted is Scout. But I don't see her as a prayer...maybe looking at the stars, etc. But not praying...

I think it is someone on Lopevi--the Flab 3 are not in conflict so they are out as the prayers. JK and Julie are minority, they will decide on which Flab 3 to vote out and stick with it (imo JK will pick Chris); therefore, no conflict for the Stud and the bowhead.

Twila will be the one in conflict. I think she may even agree to vote the Flabber off initially and its a 3-3 tie (TITLE: Hog-Tied). But then after JP explains that they vote again, etc. She will say "OH LORDY, give me sumpin!!" It's not really a "prayer" rather just a quick request for a sign. From the press release, we know the sign occurs AT TC. Therefore, I think either Julie does sumpin "bowhead" or she coughs or sumpin and Twila at that point decides to vote with the Flab 3 and oust Julie...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

I, like Fester, have been known to be wrong about some things...so take this analysis for what it's worth..just my opinion....

10-18-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I agree with you, emydi. If Yasur goes to TC, then I think Scout will be the conflicted one...remember there could be a tie here as well. If Lopevi goes to TC, it will definately be Twila who is at odds. This could be our key to the bootee this week, as last week the CBS Misdirection did hold the biggest clue to the bootee. Certainly worth speculating about!

10-18-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Be still my beating heart....you agree with me??

I don't think that Scout will be in conflict AT TC. Remember--she likes to be in balance and does not like things to be in upheaval. She may be conflicted at first, but by the time she gets to TC, she will have made "peace" with her decision.

Also, I think the misdirection quote about a budding alliance on a trip for food is Twila and Sarge--he asks her to join the guys...for a reason...they have to go to TC.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-19-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Julie"
Yes, emydi, I agree that the person in conflict who will receive the POOF sign at TC has to be Twila. (This riddle makes no sense for Yasur.) So, Lopevi goes to TC.

I'm leaning toward Julie getting the boot over JohnK.

Would Twila really be in conflict targetting JohnK? Maybe. I think it's somewhat more likely that her conflict concerns going against Julie (ok, that's assuming that the other women have clued Twila in about the numbers game after the merge).

Chris is suspicious of Julie. ("She could go the F5.") Chris should have no trouble convincing Sarge to target Julie. Twila's conflict would be fueled if she goes on a walk with either Chris or Sarge to target Julie.

The voiceover in the web promo says: "And, on the other side of the island, CAN Julie's sex appeal sway the male dominated alliance?" The key is "CAN". Typically, phrased this way, the answer is NO.

Then there is some press stating that Julie is getting more exposure:
http://travel.mainetoday.com/fromaway/blog/000493.shtml

Story arc: Julie's can be told in one episode - do the Ursula Berry thing and that's it.

None of these items listed above are strong evidence. But combined they make me lean toward a Julie boot.

forehead

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Julie"
I think it's somewhat more likely that her conflict concerns going against Julie

And Julie said that she and Twila were both nervous about the men voting them out right away and were trying to bond with them accordingly. So I think Twila would feel a little worried if the Flab 3 approached her about voting out Julie.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I'm anal, I make lists. Since I think the bootee is either Lisa, John K., or Julie, I'll focus on them.

Lisa
Against boot:
- Part of the dominant alliance in her tribe.
- Not a challenge liability (Scout would earn that distinction first).

For boot:
- On the physically weaker tribe, so a physical TC would put her tribe at a disadvantage.
- Is she on the fringe of the dominant alliance? We keep seeing her in conflict with other members (examples - argument with Eliza about being trusted, with Ami about what skills to teach the guys).
- Her alliance still has a huge numerical advantage with her gone.
- The only person not in their alliance is the physically strongest member of the tribe - they may need to keep him around to avoid decimation.

Julie
Against boot:
- Not an individual challenge threat, so not likely to go on a post-merge IC run.
- In Survivor history, there has always been a team challenge where it has been advantageous to have someone light on your tribe. Examples include the triage challenge, and the rope challenge where Rupert and Osten ended up holding a teammate suspended over the water. Since this team is far superior physically, they may want to keep her around in case of a challenge like those.
- Hasn't had her story spike yet. Yes, there have been cases where folks are voted out without a story spike (mainly, because they're boring). It looks like she hits her spike in this episode, which makes her a more likely target in one of the next two.

For boot:
- Part of the minority alliance, and less likely to fit in with the majority alliance than Twila.
- She's a youngun, and the dominant alliance targets the young.

John K.
Against boot:
- He's male, and the men are currently outnumbered. Could be kept around to try and avoid a pagonging by the women.
- Challenge strength could help his team.

For boot:
- Story line could be considered complete at this point.
- Major individual immunity threat post-merge, which would be threatening to the older folks.
- His team is physically superior even without him.
- Has spent time with all of the Yasur women - threat of defection post-merge? Could be especially suspected if he hangs around with Julie, and since she's young, pretty, and topless, why wouldn't he?

I was kicking myself last week for picking Lisa, because Bubba's spike in story time the past two weeks had raised a huge red flag in my mind that I ultimately ignored. I think I'll go back to looking at the editing and story time for my pick this week.

I think we're going to see a lot of the Yasur conflict, but that it will be misdirection to hide the fact that Lopevi is going to TC. Could we have a tie this week? Possibly, with Julie convincing John K. to vote with the ladies to force a tie. They all know that their on the short end of the Lopevi alliance, so they may be crazy enough to take their chance with the tiebreaker - it has to be better odds than what they have on their own. The men may offer Twila an alliance, but being unsure whether she can trust them, she goes with the tie originally (I think the three of them would target Chris). But POOF! when she sees the three votes for John, she knows they can be trusted, and she switches her vote to break the tie.

Since I don't think Julie's story is done yet, I'm going with a John K. boot this week.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

10-18-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Darn you, Bebo

Just when I was getting comfy with my Julie pick, you go and use good old fashioned logic for a JK boot. I agree it is between Julie and JK. I think Lisa is safe for 1-2 more weeks.

I think from what I've seen in the vidcap and read in VS's story/editing thread, leads me to a Julie boot this week. I'm waiting for the CBS Eyemail to confirm

Handcrafted by RollDdice

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-19-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"

ask and you shall receive!

10-19-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Well, shoot, there goes my theory--because these two are staying...but I think this confirms (for me anyways) that Twila is the one in conflict and praying...Yasur wins IC

Rory is shown as misdirection and because his "slave" speech

Handcrafted by RollDdice

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Why do we not think Rory will go this week? He fits OFG, he has had alot of face time over the past episodes, he is shown here again in the Eyemail, and he is the lone Lopevi on Nuyasur? Plus we know that Nuyasur is the weaker tribe and should lose the physical swimming challenge. Are we so sure that Rory's speech buys him longer life?

If we are saying Rory won't go this week strictly because of a piece of paper published by Snews, I'm not buying it. Back when Snews kept his scorecard he moved people up and down as his sources filled him in. He isn't keeping a scorecard this season, but whats to say that when this list came out it was what he knew then, but now maybe he wishes he could change it? If we eliminate Rory as a possibility of being booted this week strictly based upon this list, then we really are lemmings.

As far as I can see, the possible boots for this episode still remain Rory or Lisa for Nuyasur, John and Julie for Nulopevi. I have seen lots of argument both ways, but until we can say for sure who wins immunity, do we really know?

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-19-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "If Twila has the conflict"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-04 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

This is a tricky episode. The one thing that sticks out to me the most is the conflicted person. I agree with emydi and Fester above this has to be Twila, hence Lopevi goes to TC.

But anything can happen of course...

ETA: Fester

10-19-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Why do we not think Rory will go this week? He fits OFG, he has had alot of face time over the past episodes, he is shown here again in eyemail and he is the lone Lopevi on Nuyasur...are we so sure that Rory's speech buys him longer life?

Well said, KO! I am not sold on a free pass for Rory at all and do I think that that speech buys him longer life...in a word, NO! Deductive reasoning would have Rory as a prime bootee choice this week and if Nuyasur loses IC, I'll bet if there is a tie, it will be between Rory and Lisa. I am not sold at all that it could'nt be Rory who will be sent packing.

10-19-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Me a lemming... I resemble that statement, Katie

Well it is part Snewser memo (all of the boots so far fit) part VS thread, part vidcap and misdirection tidbits for this week.

Rory's story is not done--he will be Sarge's downfall. He is a narrator...they do not usually go this early. Also, I think Shakes is right, his "slave" speech will save him (with Scout) if Yasur does go to TC this week.

But, after looking at all the CBS misdirection, I do not think Yasur is going to TC. The conflicted person is Twila...imho...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-19-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Bebo's Wild-ass speculation, Part 2: New Yasur

Now I'll pontificate on these three. Since I focused in an earlier post on Lisa, I'll only include new speculation on her instead of rehashing that stuff.

Lisa
For boot:
- Trust issues for alliance? She voted against her alliance when she voted for Mia. We have reports that she was talking with Bubba. She may be seen as expendable since she cannot be trusted completely.
- Challenge issues? If it came down to Eliza or Lisa, which one has proven her worth better in challenges? So far, we haven't seen a whole lot of Lisa in challenges, while Eliza was key in winning the puzzle challenge.
- Has she been shown in a positive light at all? I can only think of neutral or negative images for her. This could be a subtle editing indication that she's not long for this game.

Eliza
For boot:
- Age - She's younger, and the young have been targeted.
- Annoyance factor - Shut up already, girl.
- Face time - Argument could be made that her story's been told.
- Trust issues for alliance? She made it clear early on that she would be willing to flip flop if it suited her for her alliance. And she is arguing to keep the men for their strength and break up the female alliance.

Against boot:
- Snewser's list - She's not on it.
- Family visit spoiler - Reports indicate that Eliza's boyfriend comes to the island, which means she sticks around until at least final 6.
- Challenge issues - see comment for Lisa.
- Narrator - MB is using her as the Yasur narrator. Typically, the narrator sticks around.

Rory
For boot:
- He's completely outnumbered and the only remaining target of the dominant alliance.
- It could be argued that his story is done. Was last episode's kinder edit the redemption before the fall?

Against boot:
- Not on Snewser's list.
- Would the significantly weaker tribe weaken themselves further by booting out their strongest player?
- We've been shown Rory's speech to stay in the game. Is this misdirection, or is MB hiding him in plain sight?
- We've already seen comments that Eliza would consider breaking up the alliance to keep male strength around, and comments from Ami that she wouldn't keep a man over her alliance. Is this when the female alliance crumbles, allowing Rory a chance to save himself?

I can see Lisa going before the other two, simply because we don't know of a reason to keep her. She's had negative encounters with two of her tribemates, and she's voted against her alliance before.

10-19-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Reasons FOR a Rory boot:

Nuyasur doesn't necessarily need to win immunities. Survivor history tells them that there will be a merge and it will be at 9 or 10. So what if they boot Rory and get weaker, they have just booted 1 more MAN. That makes it 7 women vs 4 men going into next week. Say Nuyasur loses twice more before the merge, even still they can get rid of some weak female alliance members and keep their core and go into the merge at 5 to 4.

I haven't decided yet who I think is the boot this week. But I have not rule out Rory yet either.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

10-19-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
So what if they boot Rory and get weaker,

Come on guys, I don't think that Rory is considered so strong that they could'nt get by without him! He was practically the sole reason that they lost the IC last week. To me, Ami is the physically superior one on that tribe. Rory, and no offense by the way, is heavy, slow, only a fair swimmer at best, and I would guess not too strong at all. Certainly not going to go on any IC winning runs! I don't think that a reason to keep him would be that he is physically stronger than the women and therefore an asset to us in the challenges.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I disagree.Rory might not be that strong but he is perceived to be and in this game perception is more important than reality.
As for the loss at Ic that was a group effort the women were also outran by the men and outrowed by the men who were rowing all over the place. There would only be two reasons to keep rory around and that is A) he is the strongest person on their team however his loss really doesn't cripple them or B) Lisa over sells hnerself and gets booted for making a really moronic move.

10-19-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
>still they can get rid
>of some weak female alliance
>members and keep their core
>and go into the merge
>at 5 to 4.

But if you're one of the two who would be targeted, you're sure as heck not going to sit around and wait to be picked off. At least, I hope not - I know there is some precedent. Besides, would they really be confident that Twila and Julie would both hold true to their alliance? They're risking complete decimation.

And who could feel safe from being one of those two boots?
- Scout - Being the weakest physically, she'd have to feel vulnerable.
- Eliza - Has no reason to believe that Ami, Scout, and Leann would not stay true to each other, which would put her on the outside. Doesn't trust Lisa.
- Lisa - Not an original Burly Girl, doesn't trust Eliza.
- Ami - As the most vocal against the men, would she be blamed for the ultimate downfall of the tribe when they lost 4 straight challenges?

I just don't see those players willing to take that risk.

10-19-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I really only wanted to get people to think about Rory as a boot possibility instead of dismissing him with a wave of the hand simply because he wasn't on Snews list.

I also don't think that booting Rory would necessarily make Nuyasur all that much weaker, he isn't a superstrong guy anyway. Plus, a small tribe of hungry determined players can beat a larger more physically dominant tribe if the latter gets to cocky and or not so hungry. We have seen many many instances of this in the past.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-18-04, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I don't really know the original source of this information, but isn't there some rumor that Julie is evacuated after an injury? Her name isn't in this thread, but it's the only place I could find a reference:

http://forum.bb5bbq.com/index.php?showtopic=8818

The only other place I saw a reference to this was in Sea Flea's comments in the episode 5 boot thread.

10-18-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I haven't heard the rumor.

I just keep trying to think of a way that she would be the last pre-jury boot, and I have thought of a sensible way. If the tribes do NOT merge at 10, and Lopevi loses the IC, she's the logical target. The fat four would definitely want to take her out instead of Twila.

So I think that John K. goes this week, Lisa next week, and then the tribes do not merge at 10, setting up a Julie boot and leaving us with our jury.

10-18-04, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScurvyDawg Click to send private message to ScurvyDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Yep, John K goes this week. We haven't seen nearly enough of Julie yet.

10-19-04, 09:27 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
After thinking about it more, I am going to stay with my Julie pick. I don't think that Julie has to be the immediate pre-jury boot--see Fester's post above. Although, for now, I disagree with Fester and think JK goes at F10 and Lisa goes next week.

Also, I think the men on Lopevi will get a bit worried about men v. women numbers when they see Bubba is gone. They will want to keep JK around for numbers for now. They can deal with him (or let the women deal with him) at F10 when he does not win individual immunity-at that point the Flab 4 (rory will be back with them) will be afraid of JK running the tables with II wins. When he doesn't win II at F10, they feel they have to do it then. Many of the merge IIs have been endurance tests which women have been successful--Eliza may win it!!

So for now, my order is

Ep. 6- Julie is booted
Ep. 7- Lisa is booted
Ep. 8- The merge occurs and JK is booted.

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

10-19-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
How dare you disagree with me. Seriously, it wouldn't totally surprise me if it went down like you have it. The only thing I can't reconcile is how Lisa would go before the merge.

She would have to do something incredibly stupid to get voted out before both Rory and Eliza. Still, the title for E7 is "Anger, Threats, Tears...and Coffee", so I suppose it's possible that Lisa does something--or reacts to something--in a way fitting of the title. She does have a track record of backstabbery. At this point, though, I just don't get why she'd do anything other than sit back and keep her mouth shut. Whatever the case, the title of E7 certainly makes one think that someone unexpected could quite possibly be the target.

It's probably the better course of action to take these one episode at a time. That said, I do think Lopevi goes to TC, simply based on the preview emphasis. Right now I'm 55-45 that John goes, but yesterday it was about 70-30. By Thursday it'll probably be 70-30 in favor of Julie getting the boot.

Fester

10-19-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Me, a Steelers' fan, disagree with you, a Ravens' fan...NEVER

I too am not "too" confident in my choice of Julie. I think it's everything together, plus VS thread with the men v. women theme...I just don't see the men (esp. Chris) getting rid of JK before Julie. Chris' confessional about Julie getting to the Final 5--he is not going to let that happen--I think he'll boot her first before the stronger JK.

Also, I think Twila will be conflicted about voting for a woman--but then Julie does something and POOF she goes with the men. She wouldn't be in conflict over which man to choose.

As to Lisa--nothing that a Survivor ever does on the show will surprise me...when they should shut up they yak yak yak, when they should be conniving they pray....but I do like to take the boots one ep. at a time, but for these 3 (because of Snewser's memo) I am trying to do it in tandem also...

We'll see!!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-19-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I think Twila might be in conflict over which man to choose and here's why:

If she's approached by both the Fat Fiveminustwo to vote for John AND John and Julie to vote for Sarge (or Chris), she very definitely could be conflicted. Voting with John and Julie could swing the power balance away from the male voting block, but would force a tie. Voting with the Fat Fiveminustwo would avoid a tie, but would potentially put her in jeopardy in either the short term or the long term by not taking out an Old Lopevi power player.

Not saying that I believe 100% that that's the conflict, but it IS possible.

Fester

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I don't really know the original source of this information, but isn't there some rumor that Julie is evacuated after an injury?

I recall this rumor as well - that someone was med-evaced out during the filming except I heard it directly from Jiffy! Shortly after returning from Vanuatu, he guest-hosted with Kelly Ripa on Regis & Kelly. Kelly asked him about this very rumor and his response was that it was a rumor. However, he did say that he had to get stitches in his own hand because he had tried to cut open a coconut with a machete .

Therefore, I recommend dismissing the injured Julie rumor altogether, unless, of course, we can find some kind of proof that would verify it.

Scarlett

10-19-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Ok, here goes:

Rory can be ruled out as a boot this week, but not only because he is on Snews list, but because of the Des Moines newspaper spoiler (newspaper was asked for to be in a possible reward challenge), plus the editing as highlighted in VS thread, plus it just doesn't fit right now.

So on Nuyasur, we are down to one possible: Lisa. (Leann UTR, Ami, Scout, Eliza in control)

IF she went this week would there be Anger, tears or threats next week? Not necessarily.

SO, I am leaning in the direction of sticking with my original thoughts from right after the last episode and from the first previews I saw. Julie is the prime candidate. She has been OFG'd to death in all the previews, the SeeBS misdirection would have us believe that her sex appeal will work on the guys.

Now, does the title mean Hog Tied as in a tie?

Chris, Lea, and Chad all vote against Julie
John, Twila, and Julie all vote against Chris

Jeff explains that with a tie there will be a revote. Since Julie and Chris will cancel each others vote out, they do not vote this time, but they do get a chance to convince the others why they should stay on the island. Twila is torn about her vote, she likes the men, should she stick with the men? Oh lord, what shall I do? POOF, a wind blows out Julies flame, this must be a sign.

Twila changes her vote, and POOF, Julie is the 7th player voted off Vanuatu.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

10-19-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Here's another POOF scenario:

NuLopevi goes to TC.
Chris, Sarge, and Chad all vote for Julie
John K, Twila, and Julie all vote for Chris

When JP explains that there will be a revote Twila exclaims that is torn as to what to do then requests assistance from her God. Then when Chris makes his plea for Twila's support he tells her that the guys are going to vote out JK instead of Julie. POOF, that's the sign that Twila was looking for, if JK goes this week, then Julie would be next on the bubble, meaning that if NuLopevi wins at least one of the next two ICs, that Twila will survive to the merge.

The guys will be willing to sacrifice JK since they believe he'll never vote with their alliance anyway. In other words, JK is a bad seed.

10-19-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
I wondered about that scenario too, but in prior revotes, didn't Jiffy tell them they could only vote for the tied folks?

10-19-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Right Bebo, it would be Chris v. Julie in revote

and Katie, I like your thinking

Handcrafted by RollDdice

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
Moreover, if there is a tie, the FatFivemiustwo* will know that JK voted against them and so has confirmed that he is a bad seed thus cementing his ouster the next time NuLopevi goes to tribal council (next week?)

This suggests a Julie, JK/Lisa next three with the only flip-flop depending on whether NuLopevi or NuYasur win immunity next week.

©IceCat: the name says it all.
* (c) Fester

10-19-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Julie"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-04 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I'm getting the feeling that Julie is the one going home this week. Not only because of OFG, the obvious, incoming spike in face time/confessional and VS's take that her story can be told in one episode (she had stated earlier that she likes to flirt and was planning on using that strategy but as she has pointed out, that strategy only worked in the Amazon and this is Vanuatu) but also these three items:

The first is the selection from the Vanuatu Daily press:

July 10 - A cute female contestant has been voted off the island. Mele Cascades was closed for a 'private' function to film a survivors challenge 'reward' on Thursday 8th. The winning contestants had a full-on meal supplied to them near the waterfall in which they were swimming with nobody to bother them. The next challenge is being stage today in a pig pen.

Now, I think last week it was mentioned that the Polynesian concept of time is far more relative than what we are used to. As a result, I think that the items mentioned above are true but not necessarily sequential. Therefore, I think the actual sequence may be this:

1. The Mele Cascades reward seen last week.
2. The pig pen challenge
3. The full-on meal supplied to them (which may yet be beside a waterfall)
4. A cute female contestant is voted off the island.

Consider too that had the period . in the first sentence been a colon : then it would suggest that the cute female contestant being voted off is the 'subject' of the paragraph/episode and that the rest is the details on what happened during that episode.

The second factor for me is the vidcap where Julie has a reverse ghost image as commented on by kingfish in emydi's thread.

The third factor is that Julie's addition to Snewser's list made everyone jump to the conclusion that Julie was the pre-merge bootee (ok, perhaps not everyone but I think at least some) whereas it might simply have been a mistake/omission on Snweser's part which means that she could be voted out at any time.

All that being said, if Emy's eyemail theory is correct, could the boot actually be Twila? Her story arc is pretty much done now....

10-19-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Julie"
The eyemail theory hasn't held up for every episode this season, in fact I believe it has only held true for the last 2 boots, so I say it is not indicative one way or the other.

The only problem with your thought being Julie is the cute girl being booted out, is the article is dated from the July 10th paper. The Mele Cascade reward was the 8th, the jungle relay IC and TC on the 9th, in order for them to report a Julie boot as the cute girl on the 10th, she would have had to been booted when Bubba was or even sooner. I think the cute girl they mention here is Dolly and they aren't specific about the when she got booted off.

So while I agree with you that Julie is our boot this week, I can't agree that it is because she is the cute girl mentioned in the Vanutau newspaper.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

10-19-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Julie"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-04 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

Hey Stan!!

Can I make an addendum to my Eyemail theory--because I do not think it always shows the bootee (VS posted ep. 2's eyemail last week and it did not have Dolly in it all ETA--I looked at Ep. 2 Eyemail and it showed 3 of the Fat 5 standing around at camp in one picture and Twila and Julie working at Yasur in the other--the only "mention" of Dolly was in the text where it said maggots in the food upsets one player--I agree with Katie I think my eyemail theory is not a "theory" at all-rather you just have to use Eyemail as a tool in your analysis--so much for having a theory named after me ).

Instead--a person integral to that particular episode is featured (which can include the bootee as occurred with Brady and Bubba). In this week's eyemail we have a vidcap from a previous episode of Rory alone and we have Twila alone in a pre-game shot wearing her cowboy hat.

Rory is featured this week because he is the only man on Yasur and he makes the "slave" speech.

Twila is featured this week because she is in conflict over voting out a woman the deciding vote for Julie after being in conflict and getting a sign...I agree with Katie, I think it's Julie's torch getting blown out by the wind.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-19-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Julie"
And Emy, I do agree with you that the eyemail may not include the bootee but may very well include the person who is the deciding factor in them leaving, plus the other dramatical story.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-19-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Julie"
Lots of talk and lots of theories why either JohnK or Julie or Twila get the boot this week. BUT to have one of these three get the boot, Lopevi has to go to Tribal Councel. For Lopevi to go to TC they have to LOSE the swimming Immunity Challenge. No way can the new Lopevi men not win this challenge which includes a lot of swimming, underwater work, climbing over obstacles, etc. Have you seen Scout swimming? She could hardly make it back to her raft in the dive for the marker challenge last week let along swim the entire obstacle course this week. And Lisa did so badly in her attempts to work under water her efforts were not even shown once! Rory and Ami are the only real swimmers on Yasur and yet you all believe that they will lose this challenge? Not unless Lopevi throws it and I doubt that Sarge would ever let that happen. So me thinks Yasur goes to TC and Lisa is a goner.

10-19-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Julie"
That may be true gingerman--but we do not see the whole challenge in the vidcaps, there could be a puzzle at the end or some sort of balance or Lopevi could throw it after seeing Bubba is gone (although I think that is very doubtful).

I just don't see anybody at Yasur being conflicted as much as Twila would be at Lopevi--

10-19-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Julie"
But we can not tell conclusively from the vidcaps IF everyone from each team has to make it through the course, or what exactly is involved. If it is some sort of relay, you put your strongest members at whatever leg will best help the team.

There have been many times in survivor history when the weaker tribe has beaten a lopsided strong tribe. (Gervase beating Kelly in a rowing challenge and SHE was a whitewater rafting guide, Kathy's weak group on Maraamu when she and Gina beat the strong Rotu men, Clay's group winning the pirate challenge because Sook Jai kept getting their stupid players DQed.)

Unless we know for 100% what the whole challenge is, which we don't, then we have to go by other clues and base our pick on that. So either a Julie or Lisa boot does make sense, but a Julie boot fits more the misdirection etc.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Julie"
I agree with you but I'm wondering if Chris would get rid of JK before Julie. Its the combo thats a threat - however I just remembered that Chris said he could "outsmart" a bunch of men anyday. Maybe he will be smart and get rid of Julie. I can then see Lisa going next week and then the potential merge at 10 with JK not winning the the girls voting him out - ah well speculation speculation - its killing me.

10-19-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Julie"
pm--I just posted the same thing over in the Vidcap thread...

The airing of Chris' confessional, IMO, is key..he is the leader..he is afraid of Julie getting to the F5 because of her sex appeal...he can better manipulate men--he said that in ep. 1, so between Julie and JK, he's going to go after Julie first IMO and deal with JK later--or like you said let the women oust him at F10 after the merge when he fails to win II.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-19-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Julie"
The airing of Chris' confessional, IMO, is key..he is the leader..he is afraid of Julie getting to the F5 because of her sex appeal..he can better manipulate men..so between Julie and JK, he's going to go after Julie first IMO and deal with JK later--

E, to play devil's advocate here, in a word...MISDIRECTION
Perhaps, JK will get the boot as he is the bigger threat to the Fat Five minus 2. The two women could be picked off easily all in due time....my little pretty...

10-19-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Julie"
Yes, maybe so maybe so, but I think the big misdirection this week is that Yasur wins immunity--the casueal viewer is thinking Yasur is weaker and will lose TC and Rory is Sean Penn (no wait, that was JP) but in reality it is Yasur going to TC..

...oh but JK can be picked off at any time too, he's not in with the men's alliance and the women still have the nos. so he can be dealt with after the merge either by the men's alliance or the women's or both--right now they still need his strength for one more episose, esp. now that they've lost a TC to Yasur

and your little dog too

10-19-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Julie"
This is Jiffy's comment about Julie, from Veruca's thread:

I think Julie knows she's good looking. I think she's used her looks to get things in the past, like we all use our assets. I think that's going to be her game plan coming in... "how can I use my sexuality in this game". The fact that they were then divided into tribes of men and women may throw her for a little loop. The other girls aren't going to care, and the guys that do care are on another island. So we'll see how that goes. I think Julie, I think she's a fighter. I think if she digs deep, she may surprise some people.

A lot of our speculation has been based on the assumption that the women would bond to get rid of all the men post-merge. The potential defection of Twila has been discussed, since she gets along with men better than women. But what about the potential defection of Julie?

Julie has absolutely no reason to stay loyal to the women. She was in the minority bowhead alliance, and was one of their prime targets had a reshuffling not taken place. She has to believe that she's looking at 6th place at best if she were to go back to the women post-merge, since it would be reasonable to believe that the women who were always Yasur would feel a bigger bond with each other rather than her. And she has never voted with them on a boot (at least Eliza helped them boot Dolly).

The tribal reshuffling was new life for her - the potential to work into favor with some of the men. Her sunbathing could be a hint of how she tries to manuever into their, ahem, good graces.

So I wouldn't necessarily put her head as the first one on the chopping block. She and Twila are the first women these men have had a chance to spend time with on a regular basis in days. And Julie's a lot easier on the eyes.

Call it a sexist comment if you want, but I don't think those guys would be averse to keeping around some eye candy to savor for a few more days.

10-19-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Julie"
Bebo, you make a very sound and logical argument and raise something that we have not considered at all! I commend you for bringing this to our attention. I am in agreement with you, Julie, IMO, is extremely likely to jump ship and go with the guys. In fact, as I have argued that Rory is a prime boot candidate this week, I could argue the same for Twila. Why, other than the Chris comment that a girl like that could charm her way into the final five, which could be just MISDIRECTION, would we think that it will be Twila who is the one on the fence and teetering between who to vote out. The same logic applies to Julie as well. She has no real bonds with Twila, as Twila has no real bonds with her. Julie could be persuaded by one of the guys to go along with them and give old work horse Twila the boot.

....and besides, it would fit the emydi eye mail theory, that the bootee is singled out in the CBS eye mail....LOL!

10-19-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Julie"
Julie might be easier on the eyes, but these guys don't care about that (except for John). Chris is engaged, Chad is married, and Sarge is Sarge. And all three of them are playing the game. Plus, they probably see Julie as an immunity threat just like they saw the young men as immunity threats. Twila, not so much. It follows the men's pattern of booting the strong to eliminate Julie next. (Or John K. but I think the loss of Travis will worry the men and make them want to keep Johnny around.)

Corvis

10-19-04, 06:09 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Julie"
I know quite a few married men who still appreciate looking at a pretty girl, even if they have no intention of doing anything.

And between John and Julie, who is the more likely to try and ally with Yasur post-merge? Julie, who knows she'd be at the end of the pecking order, or John, who knows he's at the end of the pecking order in the male alliance?

Twila and Julie know they're outnumbered in their new tribe. They're also going to see at the RC that Bubba is gone, which will make them even more concerned that they're next on the chopping block. Plus neither of them really fit in with the Yasur women. They need to make a deal with the men. They know that if the tribes hadn't reshuffled, John would have been the men's next target, so they may try to get the men back on their original plan. It's their best chance of survival.

Twila could be conflicted, since she could be concerned that voting off a strong man could hurt them in future challenges, but if she and Julie can get the men to target John, that buys them a few more days in the game.

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pax Click to send private message to pax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Julie"
I agree with Emydi -- Julie, then Lisa, then JK. To me, the only question is whether Yasur wins on its own or Lopevi throws it.

JK, who has shown himself to be more clever than most people originally thought, would be making a mistake by bonding with the girls. The best he can force is a 3-3 tie, in which he could end up the bootee, or one of his new alliance members could be, leaving him as the next boot as a traitor. He voted with the Flab Five the last time. Better to be sure to make it to the merge -- his stated goal -- by sticking with them and voting off Julie, then Twyla if they lose again.

Nashter 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-20-04, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nashter Click to send private message to Nashter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
All of the analysis is interesting here. I was completely caught off guard following spoilers and believing Lisa to be the boot when my gut told me it was Bubba.

Here's why I think it's John. They will discover at first challenge that Bubba is gone and that there are 7 women; 5 guys. Now this can be a problem at a merge because unless they win indivudual immunities, the men will be picked off one by one. So the obvious conclusion is keep John K. But....Chris, Chad and Sarge are players and I think a brilliant game move is going to occur. They will peg Julie as fringe woman and a promise to her of an alliance might in her mind cause her to rethink her options. They allign with Julie (and maybe Twila)to vote out John. The women earnestly believe that they have a real alliance and they are used as long as it's convenient. Julie will play into it because she knows she's fringe. Twila will buy into it because she feels more comfortable with the guys. As such the balance of power is changed because voting off a woman doesn't change or make new alliances.

John is not someone the Fat 3 want. Make the elimination of John a power play.

10-20-04, 08:11 AM (EST)
60. "Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-04 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

There is one major clue that we have not yet dissected and that is the title for the next episode....Anger, Threats, Tears, and Coffee. This is most likely a reaction to the bootee. Who is more likely to be angry, make threats, and have tears? I'd say someone over at Yasur!

If Julie gets the boot, I highly doubt that that would cause Twila to cry...However, if one of the girls gets the boot over at Yasur, over the sitting duck, Rory, I'd say there could be alot of anger, threats and tears, especially from the Man-hating Ami...

Just some more food for thought.

ETA: See my complete argument here

10-20-04, 08:24 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
Actually it has been discussed quite a bit on a couple other threads.

If John gets the boot it would be because the men engineered it, maybe Julie and John are the new alliance that took the walk in the woods. Maybe Julie thinks she has Twila and John and will get at least a tie as they vote for Chris, but either Twila gets her sign before a tie vote or after a tie vote occurs, and votes with the guys to oust John. this leaves Julie Angry and teary since she was feeling pretty good in her new alliance.

If Julie gets the boot, it could be that the Nuyasur women are the ones angry and teary to see that she has left as a retaliation for the Bubba boot. They could especially be angry if they feel that Nulopevi threw the challenge in order to get rid of her. (if that in fact happened).

I don't see anyone getting upset with a Rory boot. I can only see Nuyasur in anger and tears with a Lisa boot if the tribal lines were divided Rory/Lisa and some ugly words or actions exchanged at TC.

I am still leaning toward a Nulopevi IC loss and either Julie/John is going home.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
If Lopevi has to go to IC, the Flab 3 could do something really sneaky that could cause anger and threats (not sure about tears) from Twila and maybe John K next week. But it's risky.

In lieu of relying on a fourth vote, the Flab 3 could just make sure that John K, Twila, and Julie don't all vote for the same person. E.g. they assure Twila and Julie that they are part of their alliance and they want to vote off John K.

Then they go to John K and tell them that they need him to replace Travis and they want to vote off Twila.

So Twila/Julie vote for John K. John K votes for Twila. And the Flab 3 vote out Julie.

Pulling this off would depend on how much communication John K, Julie and Twila have with each other, though. And even if they figure out they are being tricked, the best the three of them could do would be force a tie. Oh, here we are at the tie question again...

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
I assumed from the previews that the threats were from Rory. Rory is threatening not to do any work around camp if he has no chance to stay. He is more or less threatening to go on strike and not work.

10-20-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
Yes Loree in this episode he is, but we were speculating about next weeks title and what it might mean.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

10-20-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
Or, like it has been said before, next week's episode 7 title could have NOTHING to do with this week's boot, but rather next week's boot and the conniving etc. to get to that boot...(imo right now it is Lisa next week--but I reserve the right to change my mind!!!)

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-20-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Anger, Threats, Tears, and .....Coffee"
I agree with emdyi. This title refers to the fight at Yasur in the next episode over whether to boot Rory or Lisa. Anger, threats and tears abound as Ami fights to keep the women strong and Eliza fights to boot her nemesis Lisa. We're being set up for that in the coming episode with Rory's speech. But we'll see the full effect in the next episode.

Which is why Lisa is not going this week. It's either John K. or Julie. (I think Julie...)

Corvis

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "Snewser has his pick up"
Lisa-

And he has a green check next to it. He also has already listed John K for next week and Julie the week after.

I had already decided Yasur must lose the IC, I see the Julie focus in the previews as a ratings plea, and the misdirection as far as the boot goes.

Too much emphasis on whether Rory can break into the women's alliance or not to have it not come to fruition this week. I believe there's a good chance of a tie at TC, with Scout or Leann being the one looking for a sign.

I think the anger & threats next week have to involve Ami, who sees her all women bond in trouble.

Sylvester (just call me CAT)

10-20-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
here's the link

no checkmarks yet on JK or Julie

Well, what is up with Snewser this time around...was he playing with us last week with giving Orangeena the credit??? And why so early this week again??? was he not sure about Bubba and Brady???

I was over at Sucks a bit yday and Orangeena had posted that it was all in the previews and misdirection and O was speculating a Julie boot.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
I just bumped the snewser thread, I found that he had his picks up and I must say...makes sense in how I was seeing the episode play out!

I can't wait to see how it does go down! This could be fun!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

10-20-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
Ok Doc, I can buy that it could happen and Lisa gets boot (all three of the bootees I could see going this week) it just seems like everything is MISDIRECTION THIS WEEK and Yasur doesn't lose.

I guess I just don't understand Snewser's changing his way and the time he picks...but I guess mine is not to wonder why....

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
and Yasur doesn't lose

If Lisa goes...then Yasur DOES lose IC!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

10-20-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
No, doc, I meant that all the MISDIRECTION (for me anyway) showed me that Yasur would not lose but now that Snewser is out...

And Katie, I understand your pts. I guess I'm just trying to figure out what happened with Snewser on the Brady and Bubba
picks--why they were later than all the other and whether he was playing us last week or what....

10-20-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
Everything is misdirection this week, for sure. With Julie standing out left and right as the OFG theory, and Lisa was not shown in the preview caps. Interesting week it has been to say the least.

Anyway, regarding Snewser, first of all, he has posted his picks early for Brook and Dolly this season, so posting these now, it is no big thing. He has certain motivation to post early this week because of the wrong pick last week, to prove once again that he really does know what is going on.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-20-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: Snewser has his pick up"
I didn't think it was misdirection. I tried to explain why in this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5440.shtml

But probably didn't succeed. In hopes that I make more sense earlier in the evening instead of in the middle of the night when I usually post, what I noticed was that this week's episode was being promoted as showing the contrasts between the 2 tribes.

Instead of a segment with visiting natives or lame attempts to catch fish, the segments are going to be focused on Julie and Rory. That being the case, I expected a lot of J&R pics just as we had a lot of visiting native pics.

Since the tribes are even at 6 I was looking for *clear face shots* of either Rory or Julie, or possibly JK to show up in challenge pics which would fit the OFG frivolous pic theory. We have no Julie outside of her story, a couple of action pics of Rory falling on his face, and fuzzy JK action pics so none of those worked.

I went through and did a count of who did show up all over the place and that person was Lisa.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5436.shtml

In those vidcaps that clear face shot of Lisa can be seen 5 times. I know Rory's there a lot, but like Bubba last week the key seems to be that face shot. Rory shows up twice, JK once, and Julie 3-4 times though the 4th is really a bod shot.

If that's not particularly logical reasoning, why did they go to so much trouble to make Lisa the focus in a few of those awkward shots? Further, if Yasur hadn't lost 2 IC's in a row why would they consider voting out a woman? Next week should be the week before the merge. Why not vote out Rory then? It's all II's after that.

There are plenty of people to pick on at the merge. Why Lisa who would have been with women instad of Julie who'd been drumming up alliances on Lopevi? It makes far more sense that Rory makes his speech to save himself, and they give that speech a lot of air time and vidcaps this week because it succeeded this week, and Lisa gets voted out instead.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Lungs Lisa"
bootee= Lungs Lisa
Lopevi wins IC;
This is just too obvious to go against. I can’t bring myself to predict Yasur (with Scout and Rory, I have a hunch he is a weak swimmer) can somehow miraculously beat Lopevi. The oft mentioned weak links for Lopevi are Sarge Chris, and Twila based on last week, but that was a diving contest, a different skill than swimming a course with an encumbrance which IC appears to be. Sarge’s problem last week was he couldn’t clear his ears, and being a drill inst. in the military he may have had lifesaving training, Chris actually did OK he was just a little fumble fingered, and between scout and Twila, the advantage has to go to Twila. John has shown exceptional physicality, and should provide Lopevi with a substantial lead on his leg.

Although anything is possible and there are some unknowns (Yasur’s flotittyation devices?) or really bad luck that could make a difference, and all BS misdirections, story arcs, MB editing, etc. aside, as intelligent as it is, the straight forward obvious is hard to go against for me this time. A Lopevi win, and a Rory or Lisa boot. Eliza’s animosity toward Lisa plus Rory’s abject begging/cajoling/threatening makes me guess that Lisa is the puntee this week.

Yasur for RC (BS Spoiler is they have a pig whisperer)

10-20-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
The only way I can see a Lisa boot is if there was something to that statement when she approached Travis and said 'we have to talk about Ami'.
On the other hand, I certainly can see Yasur losing the immunity challenge this week.

So, if Lisa is caught planning munity/femmicide? with Rory (and Eliza?), then I can see Ami rallying LeeAnn and Scout to vote out the unfaithful Lisa. Who would then flip? Would Rory flip as a show of good faith to Ami's group? Or does he matter? Could Eliza flip? Certainly especially if she really is in cahoots with Ami. Maybe Eliza spills the beans on Lisa's machinations to Ami and thus orchestrates Lisa's ouster thus revenging herself on 'that b!thch'.
Nevertheless, someone is going to be angry about Lisa's boot based on next week's title. But who? Ami still angry about the plot? Sounds like someone is getting lied to and Lisa and her mutiny allies are going to get blindsided.

Yet, why is Twila shown on the eyemail? My guess is that it is she and Sarge shown to be walking gathering food and considering an alliance one with the other. (thus securing a JK boot next week. after all, Sarge is all about work ethic and Twila has more than JK. Ergo, JK is expendable)

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-04 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

Wow, VS would be very proud of you for that observation!!! It sounds very plausible!

Great thoughts, Cowboy!!!

I agree 100%
Everybody posted very sound reasoning for the three boot selections that seem the most logical and FP smart idea to start a thread to confine this since there seems to be a great debate

Although I don't like boot threads week by week I did mark myself down for a Lisa boot for only a couple of editing/story reasons

Mark Burnett's point of showing Lisa saying "Bye Bye" more than once.

Lisa, while attempting to play the game, has no story behind her and has gotten sufficient time on television.

Her one majorly strategic move has been showcased.

Scout calling Eliza "little one"

Rory's emphatic speech is clearly IMO dramatic effect to help raise the watching tension as to which two people are in trouble.

The strange Tribal Council conversation last week

The fact that I believe Rory needs to meet up with Sarge prior to any demise of Rory means to me that he must stay. If he stays, who from Yasur would be going?

Obviously this is all contigent on Lopevi winning the immunity challenge. With nothing else to go on but a seemingly downtrodden and somewhat mentally exhausted Yasur, I will presume Lopevi to win as even Pringles can give someone energy to do well in a physical challenge
e
Yasur was a peaceful tribe, getting rid of all "pollution" (as Scout would say) They are now not so peaceful and the influx of men polluted their camp whereas the Tribe of War, Lopevi required some harmony which they are now getting. The drastic change of both tribes is showing how, unlike Amazon, the sexes are possibly not better off intertwining.

While I believe that Julie has no story to tell and is not playing the game, she is receiving her due this week implementing the strategy she thought she could use upon arrival to the island. I would therefore expect that after this week, there will not be a Julie.

John K would not be missed by Lopevi as it appears the women are working harder there than John has ever done. I believe his story is wrapping up as well and his ending started with his misguided belief he is now safe. This will be rectified when he sees nothing really has changed.

Edited for spelling error (the shame)

10-20-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
78. "RE: Pick the Bootee: Bootee speculation here"
http://truedorktimes.com/s9/spoilers/

TDT has a challenge pic up showing a slight lead in the IC for Lopevi. Granted, this may be early in the challenge, but it could be a hint that Lopevi wins.

Another possible hint? The pictures shown of Lopevi in previews are happy pictures, talking or sunbathing. The pictures of Yasur show conflict.

And I do love the theory that Lisa holding the pig is a "hog tied" hint.

This is a sorority porn movie, and I'm the headmistress!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •