The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-04, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"

Feeling vulnerable, one castaway gives an impassioned, persuasive speech in hopes of breaking the tribe's alliances.

In a piglet-herding Reward Challenge, could one tribe's chance of winning be hurt by a member's fear of handling pigs?

Things get very relaxed at one camp, where one castaway decides to do some nude sunbathing, and a walk to gather food fuels an alliance.

Conflicted over how to vote in the upcoming Tribal Council, one castaway prays for a sign to guide the decision. POOF! The sign appears.

The Loaf is in the hizzy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 KObrien_fan 10-15-04 1
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 samboohoo 10-15-04 4
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 LookeeLoo 10-15-04 22
       precedent shakes the clown 10-15-04 23
           RE: precedent LookeeLoo 10-15-04 24
 Get ready to see an amazing play by... shakes the clown 10-15-04 2
   RE: Get ready to see an amazing pla... emydi 10-15-04 6
       RE: Get ready to see an amazing pla... Brownroach 10-15-04 7
           RE: Get ready to see an amazing pla... KObrien_fan 10-15-04 8
               RE: Get ready to see an amazing pla... Brownroach 10-15-04 13
           RE: Get ready to see an amazing pla... bobscure 10-16-04 25
 It is Julie who is sunning herself ... cadfile 10-15-04 3
 RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 Devious Weasel 10-15-04 5
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 JazzyJax 10-15-04 9
       Twila and Sarge bobstew617 10-15-04 17
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 caveman 10-15-04 10
       RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 Corvis 10-15-04 11
           RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 Brownroach 10-15-04 12
           Fantasy League KObrien_fan 10-15-04 14
               RE: Fantasy League Brownroach 10-15-04 15
               RE: Fantasy League emydi 10-15-04 18
                   RE: Fantasy League KObrien_fan 10-15-04 19
                       RE: Fantasy League emydi 10-15-04 20
 RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 Bebo 10-15-04 16
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6 alwaysintruble1 10-15-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
Feeling vulnerable, one castaway gives an impassioned, persuasive speech in hopes of breaking the tribe's alliances.

We saw in previews that this is Rory with the speech that even he can't believe he is delivering.

In a piglet-herding Reward Challenge, could one tribe's chance of winning be hurt by a member's fear of handling pigs?

Twila maybe since she was so scared to kill the chicken maybe moving animals scare her?

Things get very relaxed at one camp, where one castaway decides to do some nude sunbathing, and a walk to gather food fuels an alliance.

Ms Berry is ripe for the pickin'. I think the new alliance forming could be Eliza/Rory.

Conflicted over how to vote in the upcoming Tribal Council, one castaway prays for a sign to guide the decision. POOF! The sign appears.

Interesting...instead of bringing back a ghost tribe they plan on bringing in Brandon and Nicole from TAR! I don't see any of Lopevi fitting this. It could be Leann.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
"Interesting...instead of bringing back a ghost tribe they plan on bringing in Brandon and Nicole from TAR! I don't see any of Lopevi fitting this. It could be Leann."

Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing them come out of that maze in the TAR Finale . . .

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-15-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
"In a piglet-herding Reward Challenge, could one tribe's chance of winning be hurt by a member's fear of handling pigs?"

I don't know much about the Jewish religion and how it may relate to this. Is Eliza Jewish?

I could see it also relating to Chad. He may be fine with his leg as long as he is in control of his movements, but a bolting pig could be a little scary.

What about any kidney diseases from pigs? Could it be Leann that is worried?

A Gothmog Original 2004

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-15-04, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "precedent"
>"In a piglet-herding Reward Challenge, could
>one tribe's chance of winning
>be hurt by a member's
>fear of handling pigs?"
>
>I don't know much about the
>Jewish religion and how it
>may relate to this.
>Is Eliza Jewish?

...on RealWorld/Road Rules Challenge a few years ago, Amaya (who is jewish) had a lot of difficulty bringing herself to compete in a challenge that required her to bob for pig's feet.

Yes, Eliza is jewish, but unlike Amaya she isn't an idiot. I doubt Eliza would let her religion get in the way of her getting a million dollars. It never stopped a jewish person in the past (racist joke allowed cause I'm a tribemember)

Also, although I'm not orthodox by any means I think there is a big difference between handling pigs with your hands and handling them with your mouth like Amaya had to.

But, that being said, very good call on the spec.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-15-04, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: precedent"
>Also, although I'm not orthodox by
>any means I think there
>is a big difference between
>handling pigs with your hands
>and handling them with your
>mouth like Amaya had to.

I agree there is a huge difference with handling the pigs with mouth versus hands. Just didnt know if there was something more to it for Jewish peeps. Also agree that Eliza wouldn't act like an idiot about it. What about the religion of the others?
>
>But, that being said, very good
>call on the spec.
>
Why thank you, Shakes!

A Gothmog Original 2004

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Get ready to see an amazing play by Rory"
>
>Feeling vulnerable, one castaway gives an
>impassioned, persuasive speech in hopes
>of breaking the tribe's alliances.

...from what we saw during the previews where Rory uses the word "slave" in his speech coupled with the confessional where Rory says that he can't believe the dramatic speech he gave...my guess is that Rory makes one of the best plays in Survivor history...he compares his situation to slavery in that he is doing all the work for everyone even though he is marked to get voted out next...I bet he even throws the race thing in there as well.

IMO that is a perfect play with a group consisting solely of women. I bet my life they fall hook line and sinker for it and decide to not vote out Rory for fear of how it will look when the show is on TV, i.e. will they look like "white slaveowners".

Of course, they'll dress it up as not wanting to get rid of their lone physical asset, but I have a feeling that Rory's speech will definitely be a factor.

And Rory's confessional will show that it is a deliberate contrived speech which is what will immediately put it up in the annals of great Survivor moves of all-time.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Get ready to see an amazing play by Rory"

Interesting theory Michael--I like it and I do think it will work. After last night, I didn't think Rory had a brain...you don't PRAY on survivor you CONNIVE

I have no idea, but I don't think it's Twila, Katie, maybe Scout or Julie/Eliza

Julie is the nudist. Does the walk happen on Lopevi because its in the same blurb as the nude thing??

Rory's praying finally pays off and he sees a vision of Kim and Chip telling him to stay the course and win by using the Yield...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Get ready to see an amazing play by Rory"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

For some reason this strikes me as being Sarge. We've seen him stewing over boot picks in the past: discussing Rory vs. John P with Chris; then talking about not wanting to boot hard worker Brady. Now John K is a real asset to new Lopevi; if they have to go to TC we may see Sarge wavering on a decision to boot him.

ETA: Also, it says "guide THE decision". Maybe "the" was used to be gender-neutral. But it could also be that it's not referring to the castaway's individual decision; the castaway may want to recommend to others to vote one way or the other, and is trying to figure out which.

With Travis gone, Sarge would have to seriously weigh a John K boot. Should they bring him into the Fat Five now and risk him going on an immunity run? Or should they boot him and risk getting picked off one by one by the female majority?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

10-15-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Get ready to see an amazing play by Rory"
On the other hand it could be Chad who needs the sign because he is conflicted between booting his strong male bro vs his new found eye candy?

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

10-15-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Get ready to see an amazing play by Rory"
Eh...Chad hasn't shown much bent for anything so dramatic, imo.

Poof! = some kind of volcanic eruption? Those rumors about Julie getting burned by lava are supposed to be extremely iffy, but maybe they are based on something similar that really did happen...

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-16-04, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Get ready to see an amazing play by Rory"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-04 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

"Signs" and "Guides" make me think Scout. They're not only words that can be used to define her name they're also exactly the kind of words she'd use when making a decision.

I tend to think a JK or JB boot isn't a major decision for Sarge, or at least it's not deserving of "The decision". As far as I can tell neither one wields much if any influence. They're disposable.

cadfile 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-04, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cadfile Click to send private message to cadfile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "It is Julie who is sunning herself naked................"
JK is sitting next to her in the promo staring...

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
If the nudesunbathing and the walk to gather food are at the same tribe, then I imagine that it's Sarge and Twila who form the alliance.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-15-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
That's what I first thought too. There's alot of discussion between Twila and Sarge on the Insider.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-15-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Twila and Sarge"
This would make sense to me, also, if the spoilers concerning John K and Julie are true. Twila admits she gets along with men better than women and Sarge could be convinced to pull her into his alliance replacing the departed Bubba.

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-15-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
Did anyone else catch the scene at the waterfall where Julie is walking next to Chris with her hands wrapped around his upper arm. She may have been trying to negotiate a climb over the rocks, but that coupled with her nude scene on the beach, I'm guessing she is finally in a position to play out the strategy she entered the game with! She correctly identified Chris as an influential male in the tribe and may be well on her way to an alliance that will get her by a few more TC's.

I predict Rory is protected for a while by the women who feel they need a male around for challenges and that makes Lisa the next to go from Yasur. They have a large enough female/male ratio now to feel they can safely boot a female; and Lisa has already proven herself unreliable in a critical voting situtation. If they sized up Rory correctly, he's spineless and will go with the majority from now until the end of the game.

I'm guessing the men who want to see more of Julie, will protect her for a while and that puts John back on the chopping block. Like Yasur, the Lopevi men will feel they have a sufficient gender superiority now to take out the male among them who is most likely to attempt to flop the game after merge. Twila is a hard worker and has her newly acquired food prep knowledge. She has made it clear to the men that she fits in better there and the men might think her to be a valuable asset. Like Rory to the Yasur women, Twila is not going to be perceived by the Lopevi men as a big 'late game' threat. I think she and Rory will easily survive to the merge as Snewser predicted.

Caveman

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
I think Julie is going to play the hot girl card and it will backfire on her. Sarge will want her gone so she doesn't distract John K., who they need now that Travis is gone. Of course, Twila will go for it to save herself. Chad and Chris are smart players and besides, one is married and the other is engaged. They're not going to let a pretty girl sway them from a million dollars.

Julie will get the boot.

Corvis

10-15-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
12. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
I like your thinking, Corvis.

10-15-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
14. "Fantasy League"
I also think I see a pattern with CBS and the fantasy league points. They had Bubba as the first confessional last night but since he sat out a challenge and got the boot it basically offset each other. They also had Rory as first questioned at TC but I bet not many in America had him on their team because he has been shown as severely vulnerable the past couple episodes and they probably didn't want to risk his negative boot points.

Now we see previews of a naked Julie so half of America will rush to put her on their fantasy team for the week to get the naked points, only to see her get booted.

There have been other instances of simliar types of occurances but I can't remember them all. Let's just say that CBS controls which players are edited which way and I firmly believe that they manipulate who will get what bonus points.

So I agree that so far Julie is looking like a very strong candidate for the boot this week.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

10-15-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Fantasy League"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

That's very interesting, KFan -- maybe we can use the Fantasy League game to help spoil the episodes! I've noticed in the past that the boot often gets the first confessional, especially if they haven't been too prominent a character up to that point.

10-15-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fantasy League"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-04 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Katie,

Lisa was first ?ed at TC last nite. Rory was 1st ?ed at TC on Ep. 4. Nobody here had Lisa on there fantasy team because she was supposed to be voted off

ETA Also--remember Brady was shown IN THE OCEAN on his boot week...

Handcrafted by RollDdice
et after looking at my picks from last nite, I had Rory as first confessional....

10-15-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Fantasy League"
That's what I meant was Lisa was first questioned at TC and since she was who the spoilers had as the boot CBS knew they could edit her as first questioned and save giving out a bunch of points. I knew it was one of 'em and it has already been a long day I was up til 2am last night

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

10-15-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Fantasy League"
That's ok, Katie, I forgive you

But I think you are on to something. I guess picking Julie depends somewhat on whether Lopevi wins RC next week, then you have a definite 50 points for Julie countered by a possible negative 20 for being voted off, if that in fact, happens...but even if Lopevi loses RC and Julie is voted off, you still get at least 20 pts. for Julie, and that is more than most each week.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"

I've got a gut feeling that this is Scout.

Talk about a conflicting vote for her. Do they keep the all-female alliance, making themselves a major target in physical challenges? Since the challenges were designed in advance with the knowledge that there would be a switch to mix up the genders, it is highly likely that future challenges will be as physical as they were in this episode. Or do you vote out one of your own and keep Rory?

Why do I think it's Scout? Because the women look to her as their "chief". We were shown a contemplative shot of her as Eliza argued in favor of keeping male strength around. Eliza's not conflicted, and neither is Ami - Ami knows she wants to stay true to her alliance. Out of the other three women, Scout's the only one we've seen take any sort of leadership, so I think she's the one praying for a sign.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-15-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 6"
>Conflicted over how to vote in
>the upcoming Tribal Council, one
>castaway prays for a sign
>to guide the decision. POOF!
>The sign appears.

My first thought would be Rory, he's vunerable in his tribe, and has already been shown to pray last week with Bubba.

IMO...They lose the IC, and he's off by himself praying as to how he's going to stay around in the game now, being outnumbered 5-1, and "POOF", who should appear, but Eliza to tell him that she has worked out a plan to keep the lone guy around cause they need him, and has a few other votes to get rid of one of the weaker women, maybe even one she can't stand, and even said in front of her last night she'd rather get rid of one of their own.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •