The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Radio spot for Ep 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Radio spot for Ep 5"
I would have added this to the webcap thread, but that thread is very long. The radio spot this morning actually had new instead of recycled soundbites. I heard it three times and picked up all of it:

VO: Tonight...while cameras roll, an earthquake rocks the tribe...
Woman: Oh my God.
Man: Wow!
VO: It's real...
Lisa: The ground was about to split.
VO: But that's not the only surprise in store...
Rory: I feel extremely vulnerable.
Bubba: It's very very apparent that one of the two of us has got to go.

------------------------

This apparently confirms that Rory and Bubba are on the same tribe, as we expected, and that they are going to TC. We are supposed to think the vote will be between the two of them. I think KB is correct that Bubba will be receiving votes, but he's being amped up way too much to be leaving this week. Just more support for a Lisa boot...

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 VerucaSalt 10-14-04 1
   RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 Brownroach 10-14-04 3
 RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 emydi 10-14-04 2
   RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 Brownroach 10-14-04 4
       RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 emydi 10-14-04 7
           RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 Brownroach 10-14-04 8
   RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 VerucaSalt 10-14-04 5
       RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 Brownroach 10-14-04 6
 RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 Oscirus 10-14-04 9
 RE: Radio spot for Ep 5 ScurvyDawg 10-14-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-14-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
Thank you for that information BR

I am just a wee bit confused that this confirms that Rory and Travis are on the same tribe though?

VO: But that's not the only surprise in store...

I am always suspcious of sound bites etc. but this promo only tells me that Rory feels vulnerable because

1. Due to the switch, he is separated by any alliance or buffer that kept him semi content

2. Somehow without knowing exactly what will happen, Rory is concerned with what he perceives to be an upcoming vulnerable moment (Chief comes, something is obviously up in the air so to speak which gives some tribe mates confessional time to say perhaps "A native Chief came and designated Lea as the Chief of our tribe. I don't know exactly what this means but with Lea in charge I feel extremely vulnerable"

Bubba's statement about one of the two of us has got to go only tells me that due to whatever instructions were given, he surmises that he OR someone else has got to go (assumingly to another tribe) but we don't know that the outcome of this was Travis actually going or not; only that for whatever the dynamics are he feels that at least someone or himself would be "going"

It really is a moot point for me because I do believe that Travis is on the same tribe as Rory but I'm not sure how this radio spot confirms same but knowing you like I do from here BR, I'm positive there is a sound reason and perhaps I am missing same (more than likely from all the confusion I feel from the other thread lolol)

10-14-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
VS, -- yes, the quotes might come from a different context (though from the tone of Bubba's voice I don't think his does, at least); I said it "apparently" confirms it because the reaction it is supposed to elicit is that they are both in danger of being voted off.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
BR,

Obviously you didn't see who Bubba was talking to, but could you tell from the overall radio spot and to whom he was referring to--Could this be an early quote of Bubba (and it be about Rory) before Eliza comes to the men with the Lisa boot??

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

10-14-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
emydi -- I don't know, it's all very quick edits. Travis' quote could be something like you suggest.

LOL, I guess I'm not being too clear. What I'm trying to say is that this is misdirection, but since it's included in the preview I think there is some element of "truth" about it. I don't know if the casual listener would even pick up that it was Rory and Travis. But they'd come away thinking that two guys are going to be targets. And they'd expect to see something bearing on this in the episode. Does that make sense?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
Yes BR it does make sense, these radio spots are for the Casual viewer not us sleuths here at SB They thinks its Rory or Bubba when it is really Lisa and they are surprised!!! but us, eh...

And you were very clear, I was just trying to get from you who YOU thought Bubba was talking to and who he was talking about!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

10-14-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
emy -- Bubba's statement sounded like a confessional -- I don't think he says it to another contestant. The juxtaposition makes it sound like he is talking about Rory. But they are not having a conversation, the two statements are edited together. Rory's sounds like a confessional too.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-04 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

My mistake BR I thought you meant that it apparently meant they go to another tribe as opposed to being in danger which is what I was wondering about

10-14-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
Oh, VS, I see what you were thinking. Anyway, you were right -- it doesn't technically confirm anything. I guess "suggest" would have been a better word.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-04 AT 01:47 PM (EST)

Probably after the twist Hell maybe it is just twila and rory who switch making rory feel like he's in so much trouble being that hes the only man there.

Think this is before the twist and the bubba is either:
A) Talking to rory (with the words After john gets voted out)
or
B) Talking to John when he realizes that his homesickness has put him in extreme danger

ScurvyDawg 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-14-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScurvyDawg Click to send private message to ScurvyDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Radio spot for Ep 5"
So Rory's feeling vulnerable again. Last week he was feeling so vulnerable that he thought he might get booted instead of Brady. He stated that during a confessional and at TC. Maybe everyone misunderstands Rory. Maybe he's actually a very vulnerable, sensitive 90's kinda guy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •