The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-12-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
This is all nothing but rumor and speculation, but I have probably 80 relatives at least in East Tennessee, including a
Knoxville City cop and several of them have said separately that Bubba was rumored to have been out by the third week of July. I am thinking that volsfan can provide a little light. There are several of Bubba's similar "style" down there rooting for him and they said that one of family had talked to a local radio/talk show host or something of that nature after filming for survivor rapped, and he talked about being voted out, but not about when that happened. I thought that you cannot talk about it at all till after the entire show has aired??
Anyway, people there watching it either love him or hate him and so some of them are going to be disappointed. I heard this from different sources, but will try to pin them down on any further info that they might have including station and any newspapers or anything that might have any info. My brother-in-law has a radio host friend that can help him check it out. I am thinking that this is a big fat rumor.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... volsfan 10-12-04 1
 RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... cuon10 10-12-04 2
   RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... agressionx 10-13-04 4
       RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... Draco Malfoy 10-13-04 5
           RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... PepeLePew13 10-13-04 8
               RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... Draco Malfoy 10-13-04 11
                   RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... agressionx 10-13-04 14
       RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... volsfan 10-13-04 6
           RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... agressionx 10-13-04 15
 RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... KObrien_fan 10-12-04 3
   RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... westgirl98 10-13-04 7
       RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... PepeLePew13 10-13-04 9
   RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... volsfan 10-13-04 10
       RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... KObrien_fan 10-13-04 12
           RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... volsfan 10-13-04 13
               RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... cuon10 10-13-04 16
                   RE: Pure rumor, but worth investiga... Witless 10-14-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
I have not heard any of this! There was an article in the one and only newspapers here in Knoxville (I subscribe daily and I haven't seen anything else in the paper) before Survivor started. As a matter of fact, I posted the link and the article. However, there was nothing like that at all in the article. It was all very clean.

Now, I did not hear about the radio interview. If you can get me the call letters, I can check around with some of my friends that listens to the radio while working.

I will ask around and see if I can find something.

Keep in mind, Bubba's home town is about 90 miles from here and he hasn't gotten much publicity in Knoxville as oppose to the press Tina received (she was from here)! The TV Stations that would cover his hometown would prolly be in Ashville, Greenville/Spartanburg and/or some city in Western Virginia. IMHO!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

10-12-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Right. He is from Blount Co. I have relatives in Knox,Jefferson,Sevier,Blount and Cocke co. I used to live in Jefferson Co. but now live in New England. It was supposed to be at some trade/car/show or expo that went on the last few weeks. He supposedly was there with some relatives and someone saw him and they had a radio station there all day, but this was one of those things that a person told a person that told a person. Though, there was a mention of him at the big flea market in Alcoa, sometime in September. Gotta remember though, how southern gossip is. I will try to get the actual, if there is any info from anyone down there that has been gabbing about it. I don't know why a survivor castaway would go to the flea market either.

agressionx 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-04, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agressionx Click to send private message to agressionx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
For what it's worth I live in Rogersville Tn about 30 mins from the area Bubba is from..I haven't heard anything about him in the papers or radio..I aslo attend Walter State and nothing there either..I did find some cool articels about him from his WCW wrestling days..(big wrestling freak here) but nothing of importance there either...

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Travis was in WCW? I totally missed this. Who was he? I'm not recognizing him, and I'm pretty old school.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
>Travis was in WCW? I
>totally missed this. Who
>was he? I'm not
>recognizing him, and I'm pretty
>old school.

From the CBS Survivor site: He obtained employment at a sales plant and eagerly pursued a career in wrestling on the side. Sampson was granted a tryout match with the National Championship Wrestling (NCW) in Cornelia, Georgia. NCW became the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) when Sampson began doing shows for the World Championship Wrestling and then with World Wrestling Entertainment. He was known to the wrestling community as "Romeo Bliss."

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Ok, now I know what you're talking about. He was never anyone big, he was what they call "enhancement talent". Someone who loses to the stars who are getting a push.

I bet NWA-TNA picks him up and puts him in a program with Jonny Fairplay after this.

10-13-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agressionx Click to send private message to agressionx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
The only fact i found of interest was that he won the tag belts with David Flair...

10-13-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Hey Agress! I am from Knoxville! Do you go to the Morristown campus or the Sevierville campus of Walter's State?

Here in Knoxville, I could not find any of my friends that heard an interview with him on the radio. I have a friend that listens to 100.3 and in the past they have had Survivor discussions and interviews. However, I don't think he has been on that station!

10-13-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Morristown campus..

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Rumor or not this is trash and useless. We all know Bubba is going home in episode 6 or 7 anyway.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!
Not that all information received 5th or 6th hand is trash mind you...just sayin'

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
>Rumor or not this is trash
>and useless. >
I dont think anything is trash or useless on the spoiler board!! LOL I am a travis fan but looks like either him or lisa get it tonight

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Tonight? Have we warped into the future and tomorrow is now today?

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

10-13-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
KO, I do think your words were a little harsh. Granted, the info that was posted was "a friend of a friend said that a friend said" type thing. However, I do think it is worth looking into to see if there is validity to it.

Now, I don't think there is anything to it but I did do my research!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Maybe, just maybe, if this info would have been posted a while ago before we got the Snews pre-jury list it may have been something to look into and helpful.

But a week or 2 before Bubba's impending boot we get info that he may be going soon, based on an uncredited uncredible 3rd-5th hand rumor is not going to turn my head except to say pfft, sorry if it came off sounding harsh but geesh.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!
OMH, and what would Shakes have said if what I posted was "harsh"?

10-13-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
Hey KO...maybe I should not have used the word harsh and I don't want you to think that I was coming down on you! It is so unusual to see you post like that...it caught me off guard!

Shakes WOULD have been worse I agree!

{{{HUGS KATIE}}}

10-13-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"
No, KOB is right. I was just curious, since one of the things you do when they select you is sign a mile long contract agreeing not to do 5 million different things that could damage the shows airing. And I understand why they do it. I just hope to see him go soon. Sorry to those who like him. He just seems to have no long-term interests or longevity if you read his bio. I just wonder what his reaction to the earthquake will be?
I think that what has turned me off to him, is his side conversations with Bubba and to think he could really pull off being the brains behind the brains. Please. He is not Eliza, but he is irritating. The people I talked to about that today said that a radio station was talking about the survivor episode in their dialog and said they should get him down there when this one ends. They were making fun of him a little. Not sure which station, but they had a young girl who was on Survivor from Kingsport I think. She was going to ETSU. This was a couple of years ago. As for the Alcoa siting, I don't think anyone was sure it was him, but they believed it to be him. By the time they caught up to where they had seen this person they were gone. The relative thing is true apparently. But I will see if I can find that out and where they tried spilling some beans. Probably thought they could get something from him.

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-14-04, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pure rumor, but worth investigating the Bubba factor"

>I think that what has turned
>me off to him, is
>his side conversations with Bubba
>and to think he could
>really pull off being the
>brains behind the brains.

Okay, I'm lost. We're talking ABOUT Bubba, right? And he's having side conversations with......? And he is the brains behind the brains or he's trying to pull off being the brains behind the brains?

Um....huh?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •