The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
" VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 5 Preview "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-04, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
" VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 5 Preview "
Next time, on Survivor....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Buff Bluff or just more BS? Risti 10-08-04 1
 OFG Theory for Thursday preview Brownroach 10-08-04 2
   RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview bdemoney 10-08-04 3
       RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview Brownroach 10-08-04 9
   RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview nailbone 10-08-04 25
       RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview ExInterper 10-10-04 34
 Earthquake: Before or After Swap? FesterFan1 10-08-04 4
   RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... katethegreat 10-08-04 5
       RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... Brownroach 10-08-04 6
           RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... Draco Malfoy 10-08-04 7
           RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... FesterFan1 10-08-04 8
               RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... Brownroach 10-08-04 10
   RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... forehead 10-08-04 11
       RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... Brownroach 10-08-04 12
       RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... volsfan 10-08-04 13
           RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... forehead 10-08-04 14
       RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... VerucaSalt 10-08-04 15
           RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... jusalurker 10-08-04 16
           RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... Brownroach 10-08-04 17
               RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... VerucaSalt 10-08-04 18
                   RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... emydi 10-08-04 22
                       RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... volsfan 10-08-04 24
                           RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... emydi 10-08-04 26
                               RE: Earthquake: Before or After Sw... volsfan 10-08-04 28
   Nevermind FesterFan1 10-08-04 19
       Web Promo FesterFan1 10-08-04 20
           RE: Web Promo Brownroach 10-08-04 21
               RE: Web Promo volsfan 10-08-04 23
                   RE: Web Promo Brownroach 10-08-04 27
               Rory goes to Yasur FesterFan1 10-08-04 31
                   RE: Rory goes to Yasur Gingerman28 10-09-04 32
                   RE: Rory goes to Yasur big idiot 10-09-04 33
           RE: Web Promo emydi 10-08-04 29
               RE: Web Promo volsfan 10-08-04 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-08-04, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Buff Bluff or just more BS?"
I saw the clips, and in my DAW-ness, rushed off to make some buff comparison shots. Then I realized something. CBS is likely not giving us these shots in chronological order. I checked around the threads, and yes, it appears the earthquake is on July 7, which should be the first day of this episode.

Now, if I have misread, someone let me know, and I'll post my longwinded post that includes enlarged photos with arrows about where they could have been edited.

If not, I'll just sit in the corner and wait to see if we get more clips.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "OFG Theory for Thursday preview"
No John K, no Lisa, no Julie.

Some Eliza, some Chris, some Lea, some Twila, some Leann.

A ton of Bubba.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-08-04, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview"
BR, Do you think this could be an indication that Bubba is in more danger of being booted than John K. right now? Wonder if that means that the tribes have some sort of reshuffling next week or perhaps Bubba becomes even more homesick and the guys decide to vote him off early. HMMMMM?!?

But guess we will need to wait and see more vid caps before jumping to conclusions. Would be anxious to hear everyone's opinion on this though...........

10-08-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

The misdirection says that someone will get caught trying to communicate with a member of the opposite tribe -- presumably after the switch. KOFan and I think it will be one of the Fat Five and Travis seems like a good bet. He's been the most candid about the alliance with the Studs so I could see him getting sloppy about keeping it hidden. It could result in a boot for him.

Early speculation, we'll see what develops...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview"
Remind me again, what's OFG's theory?

Handcrafted by GothMog - ain't it cool!!

Omnia in bonum o-

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: OFG Theory for Thursday preview"
I think the theory is that the person who is the next boot will appear in the preview of the next episode, especially in random shots not relevant to the episode plot preview.

There are a ton of unnecessary Bubba shots in this preview, making him a good candidate for the boot if the theory applies here.

Mmmm...blog....
"Politics or just a game? Well in the end they knew his name." -- Mighty Mighty Bosstones

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

In the preview for E5, Jeff talks about the swap first before specifically saying "then" regarding the earthquake. It's semantics and he might not mean the earthquake follows the swap in the chronological sense, but rather in the "importance to the game" sense, but there's something else we can use.

In the thread where Dabo reports the earthquake, a specific time is given, as the source is a geologic website. That time is 7/7 21:29:23, which up until now we all took as July 7. However, in looking further at that site, all times are reported using UTC, or Greenwich Mean Time. This means that 7/7 21:29 really means 9:29 PM in England. Vanuatu is 11 hours ahead of GMT, which would put the earthquake at 8:29 AM on July 8.

What does this mean? Well, the earthquake is on July 8, the same day as the waterfall reward. So, it's really just a question of whether there are 2 tribal gatherings (one where the swap occurs and one for the RC) or just one (tribes arrive, are swapped and compete in the same meeting).

There's no real precedent for this. The only other times where the swap occurred with all the Survivors present were S4 and S8, and both of those times there was no RC. I think, based on the timing, that we're looking at 3 meetings in E5. Day 10, tribes meet and are swapped. Day 11, waterfall reward challenge. Day 12, IC. However, I must admit that I wasn't paying close enough attention last night as to whether the E4 IC and TC occurred on Day 9 or Day 10. I think E4 was just 2 days. Day 8, tribes gather for RC, Yasur wins, Dah arrives. Day 9, Dah leaves, IC, TC. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the case, I think it means that the earthquake occurs after the swap, which means Leeann, Eliza, and Julie remain on Yasur and Bubba remains on Lopevi. It's likely that the tribes remain with the current numbers (Yasur 7, Lopevi 6). That would likely mean that 4 of Original Lopevi wind up on Yasur, with 4 of Yasur (and specifically Scout, Ami, Twila and Lisa) moving to Lopevi.

Fester

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-08-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
I think Episode 4 was only two days.

So going with your timeline, the earthquake occuring AFTER the swap, who is in CLip 24, is this an earthquake shot, and did they end up on the same team? I think it is LeeAnn in the background, ELiza and Julie?

10-08-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
I thought last night's Ep was two days also, but other posters here swore they saw "Day 10" superimposed at one point. But the summary on the CBS site makes it sound like it was only 2 days.

That is Leann in the background but what is that bright green thing? LOL, at first I thought it was Lisa's green bikini and her boobs had gotten SCI-FI huge.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
Can we get a vidcap just to confirm or deny that IC and TC were day 10? Cause this is gonna bug us all week.

10-08-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
So if that's Leeann in the background, that must mean there are aftershocks, as well? I mean she couldn't be in 2 places at the same time, right?

Fester

10-08-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

It looked more like Leann, but maybe it is Lisa, then. Leann has her buff around her head in the other shots.

ETA: It still looks more like Leann to me. But the other shots of her are from a confessional, aren't they?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
>If this is the case, I think it means that the earthquake occurs after the swap, which means Leeann, Eliza, and Julie remain on Yasur and Bubba remains on Lopevi. It's likely that the tribes remain with the current numbers (Yasur 7, Lopevi 6). That would likely mean that 4 of Original Lopevi wind up on Yasur, with 4 of Yasur (and specifically Scout, Ami, Twila and Lisa) moving to Lopevi.

Nice spec, Fester! That would imply:
New Lopevi: Scout, Ami, Twila, Lisa, Bubba + ?
Easy to see how first Bubba and later Lisa get booted (especially if ? = JonhK and gets booted in between Bubba and Lisa)

New Yasur: Leann, Eliza, Julie + 3 Fat 5 + another Fat 5 or JohnK.
If it's 4 Fat 5 on New Yasur, Julie wouldn't last long here.

forehead

10-08-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

There could be a fourth woman at Yasur. That would make more sense if they put 3 men and 3 women on each tribe -- the extra woman would stay at Yasur since they had an extra member.

Though "Drop your buffs" suggests a random reshuffling to me.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

I don't think we can jump to conclusion that have Scout, Ami, Twil and Lisa are the new Lopevi, IMHO!

On the previews, we hear Jiffy say, "drop your buffs"! From that, I think this swap is going to be more of a random draw rather than we get a 3 for 4 split. This could be a pick a buff like last time and only one or two peeps are swapped.

ETA: LOL! BR! Great minds and all!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
>I don't think we can jump to conclusion that have Scout, Ami, Twil and Lisa are the new Lopevi, IMHO!

Didn't mean to conclude anything - just painting one of many possible scenarios that happens to fit Fester's spec and Snewser's memo. It's all spec though

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-08-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
It certainly appears to be Lisa in the background to me which would then appear that
Lisa, Julie and Eliza are intact
Leann, Scout, Ami and Twilla are intact with potentially one of them (Leann?) being with the Bowhead group though the breakdown seems very convenient.

I'm not entirely sure where everyone feels that is Leann but I am better at storyline.

With Eliza's referencing last night of herself and Julie being the most vulnerable as well as Lisa's wish that won't come true of "rather be with the elders" .......... in storyline terms I would take this as Lisa NOT getting her wish and Eliza's expression of vulnerability for and Julie be misdirection.

Consequently with John K's dourness of not being with youthful members, he may just end up with Bowheads but of course this is all speculatory in nature. While the likes of Chad and Travis who have emoted more desire for harmony may be with the Burly girls.

jusalurker 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-08-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
Don't you just love Jeffs new Orange hat?

10-08-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
I'm not entirely sure where everyone feels that is Leann but I am better at storyline.

The pants look like the same khaki cargo pants Leann is wearing in the other caps. I don't recall Lisa having pants like that. And the body from the midriff down and the slightly hunched stance look more like Leann's.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-08-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
Understood BR but all I see is GREEN lolol

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
Ok, VS, I'm not going crazy...I can't see what they are looking at either, but this monitor shows caps very dark even on the lightest setting UGH!!!

Looks like we have to wait for the web promo, et al. to see the new buffs

BR--at least we know that a switch occurs and we won't need to analyze whether buffs have been recolored!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

10-08-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
I don't think they are looking at anything in particular. I have never been in an earthquake but I could imagine looking up at the trees or to look out towards the ocean.

What would you do as the Earth shakes under your feet? I would think that if I were under those trees like Bubba...I would try to make my way onto the beach and away from possible falling trees.

10-08-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
No, doc, not what Eliza and Julie are looking at, what BR, et al are looking at (Leann or Lisa in the background) in vidcap 24--I don't see anything!!

Doc isa blonde

10-08-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Earthquake: Before or After Swap?"
BWAHAHAHA! Sorry emy! Yeah, I am having a blonde moment I guess! It must be your monitor because on my computer the pic is very clear and bright! Not dark at all!

10-08-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
19. "Nevermind"
Upon further review E4 took place Days 8, 9, and 10. In looking at the tape, on the morning where Rory goes fishing before the IC, it clearly says "Lopevi Day 10".

Therefore, Day 11 (July 8) is the first day of E5, which means that the earthquake happens before the swap. The vidcaps of Leeann, Eliza, Julie, Bubba (and Lisa?) are useless in figuring out who goes where.

Fester

10-08-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
20. "Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

The web promo is up at cbs.com. There's a diving challenge post-swap that clearly shows Twila standing behind Sarge with a Lopevi buff. There's another male in the water, whom I think is Chad, diving at the Lopevi buoy. The other platform has Eliza, Leeann, Lisa, and Ami all visible, with Leeann (I believe) wearing her yellow buff. So the folks on that platform stay at Yasur.

Also, regarding the swap, the native Vanuatuan tells Sarge that they have to choose "one chief" while he's holding some sort of wooden idol.

As of yet, Fever doesn't have the caps posted.

Fester

10-08-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

The chiefs then become selectors of the new tribes, perhaps. Wanna bet Lopevi picks Sarge?

While we're waiting for the vidcaps, I can't resist speculating.

If Sarge is new Lopevi's chief, he picked Twila (strong, old) and also Chad. He'd get one other male; I'd guess he'd pick Chris. By default he gets Scout and Julie, since they're not at the Yasur dock.

So does Yasur pick Ami as their chief? I'd have guessed Scout, but of the four women still at Yasur, Ami makes the most sense; she's done the most to try to bridge the generation gap.

Ami would almost certainly pick John K, out of gratitude for the immunity favor. Does she get Bubba and Rory? Or does she get Chris, and one of Bubba and Rory stays with Sarge? The distribution of the remaining Fat Five is up for grabs.

Edited to correct error.

10-08-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Web Promo"
So, do you guys think the "drop your buffs" is misdirection and they get to pick their new tribe?

BTW...Welcome to the centerfold BR!

10-08-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Web Promo"
I suppose he'd tell them all to drop their buffs first in either case.

10-08-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
31. "Rory goes to Yasur"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-04 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

In the caps at Fever, you can see Rory on the Yasur platform during the diving challenge. The diving Lopevi male is either Chad or Bubba. It's hard to tell, because he's wearing a diving mask, and you can only see his head. I still think it's Chad, though.

Running tally:
New Yasur = Eliza, Lisa, Leeann, Ami, Rory, ??, ??
New Lopevi = Sarge, Twila, Chad(?), ??, ??, ??

I'm guessing John K. goes to Yasur, while Scout and Julie go to Lopevi (if it's a boy-girl-boy-girl pick 'em). That leaves Chris and Bubba. Sarge would rather have Chris, I'd guess, and if he winds up staying on Lopevi, the tribes look like this:

New Yasur: Eliza, Leann, Ami, Rory, Lisa, John K., and Bubba (Red=Doomed per Snewser's List)

New Lopevi: Sarge, Chad, Chris, Twila, Scout, and Julie.

This would likely mean that New Lopevi wins 2 of the 3 pre-merge IC's (or 3 of 4 if there's a late merge).

2 questions...
How does Rory outlast Lisa on New Yasur?

Are we looking at a TC tie with New Lopevi in E6's "Hog Tied"?

Fester

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-09-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Rory goes to Yasur"
If new Lopevi tribe wins the IC, the vote at the new Yasur tribe could be: the men stick together JohnK, Bubba, and Rory. JohnK has a deal with Ami and she votes with he men. The four vote to boot Lisa who only has Leann and Eliza voting for Rory.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rory goes to Yasur"
Fester,

"Are we looking at a TC tie with New Lopevi in E6's "Hog Tied"?"

If Yasur votes one out in episode 5, then couldn't a tie refer to either tribe being at TC in ep 6? And if rumors of a Julie boot for Ep 8 are solid, then perhaps this could point to new Yasur going to TC in ep 5 AND ep 6? (AND ep 7?) ...and then new Lopevi goes to TC in ep 8?

Just a thought. B.I.

10-08-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Web Promo"
They're up at Fever, you want me to post em?? I dont want to have a dup. thread

10-08-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Web Promo"
Sure..go for it! I just noticed that too!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •