The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
OK, I'll leave some room for the folks who haven't seen the show yet, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling on discussing tonight's show.

I almost didn't watch, since I wasn't overly impressed with the earlier round. I'm glad I did, because this group did well.

Here's my take on the Idols. I'm just grouping them in different categories, rather than ranking 1-12.

Excellent!

No complaints about anything from these performances.

Latoya
George
Fantasia
Diana

Almost As Awesome

A couple of shaky notes from these two kept me from putting them in the top group, but I still enjoyed them and expect them to go far.

Jennifer
Jasmine

Not Bad

There's a big gap between those 6 and the rest, but these folks showed some promise and could stick around for awhile.

John
Jon Peter

Outclassed

Maybe there were some things to like here, but they weren't in the same league as those above.

Matt
Camille
Amy
Leah

I agree with Simon that Leah should be packing, based on the performances tonight.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... ejm92 03-16-04 1
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... libgirl2 03-16-04 2
       RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... ejm92 03-16-04 3
           RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... smiley 03-17-04 20
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... gorgoniol 03-18-04 45
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... Mysterious Jedi 03-16-04 4
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... lyrker 03-16-04 6
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... LilNik8 03-17-04 17
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... lyrker 03-16-04 5
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... applesugar 03-16-04 7
 Evaluation.... Goooey_Alley 03-16-04 8
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... realityluver 03-16-04 9
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... AMAI 03-16-04 10
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... ManilaESQ 03-17-04 11
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... IslandFever 03-17-04 12
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... Mistral 03-17-04 13
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... 712 03-17-04 14
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... I_AM_HE 03-17-04 15
 Diana, Fantasia, LaToya Ricky 03-17-04 16
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... LilNik8 03-17-04 18
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... Breezy 03-17-04 19
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... uberspoon 03-17-04 21
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... CantStandToLook 03-17-04 22
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... buckeyegirl 03-17-04 23
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... leogirl_21 03-17-04 24
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... Monicanada 03-17-04 25
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... LISA712 03-17-04 36
       RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... ElroyJetson 03-17-04 38
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... GuessItRains 03-17-04 26
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... DoodleBug 03-17-04 27
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... ElroyJetson 03-17-04 28
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... teejax22 03-17-04 31
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... nailbone 03-17-04 29
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... true 03-17-04 30
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... anotherkim 03-17-04 32
   Nice sig pics AKim Breezy 03-17-04 37
       RE: Nice sig pics AKim PapaBear 03-17-04 39
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... MTW1961 03-17-04 33
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... managerr 03-17-04 34
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... PapaBear 03-17-04 35
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... opinionated 03-17-04 40
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... tig_ger 03-17-04 41
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... dangerkitty 03-17-04 43
 RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... ValleyGirl 03-17-04 42
   RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Li... BennyBoy 03-17-04 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-16-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Awesome show but I'm not completely blown away....there are a lot of great singers, I'm just worried that we won't have a star as strong as Kelly/Ruben/Clay this time....we'll see, but I was very pleased with the show. My top six were all very close together and hard to rank.....I also really like Matt's personality, he just needs to work on the voice some more.

1. Fantasia
2. Jasmine
3. George
4. Diana
5. Latoya
6. Jon Peter
7. John
8. Jennifer
9. Matt
10. Amy
11. Camile
12. Leah - Ironically enough, Vanessa Olivarez's elimination performance was "You Keep Me Hangin' On" too

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-16-04, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
>12. Leah - Ironically enough, Vanessa
>Olivarez's elimination performance was "You
>Keep Me Hangin' On" too

But Vanessa sang it better!!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-04, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Very true....I still think she should've stayed over Charles and Julia.

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
totally totally agree

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

gorgoniol 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
1. Jasmine the best
2. Latoya
3. Diana
4. Fantasia
5. George
6. Camille
7 John
8. Jon Peter
9. Matt
10.Leah
11.Amy

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-16-04, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
George, Diana, Jasmine, Fantasia and Latoya are my top five in no specific order.

John Peter is fun and has a good voice, but he's missing that extra something that my top five have.

Jennifer and Amy are in the same group but just below him.

Johnny Red can sing but I think he's just way too boring. Give him a few years to develop and you might have something.

The rest were a big pile of dogvomit.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-04, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Johnny Red can sing but I think he's just way too boring.

I like his voice but yeah. I'm beginning to think he's a one-trick pony at this point. If he keeps at it, though, he'll be real neat to see in 10 years.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"

>Johnny Red can sing but I
>think he's just way too
>boring. Give him a few
>years to develop and you
>might have something.

I agree. The reason why I can't see him as an American Idol is because I don't think he's versatile. And I cant see myself purchasing his CD with his Frank Sinatra voice.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-04, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I liked George tonight. I've found him kind of boring up till now but tonight he rocked. I think losing the moustache -really- helped him look his age. Smooth move.

I liked Diana too. She really caught my attention tonight. I was really feeling her.

The others ranged from 'great but nothing worth dialing in for' to 'eh'. Leah stood out but only because it was painfully obvious that she forgot her words. She kept it going, to her credit but... ouch.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

applesugar 68 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applesugar Click to send private message to applesugar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
The show was really great tonight. My choices are:

1. Latoya
2. Fantasia
3. Diana
4. Jenifer
5. Jasmine
6. George
7. Camile
8. Amy
9. Matthew
10. Jon
11. John
12. Leah - She's cute but she messed up tonight. Maybe if she's lucky she will get another chance to prove herself.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-16-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Evaluation...."
BEST
# 1 Jasmine Trias - gave me li'l bit goosebumps (but her attitude is a bit fake though...)
# 2 Diana DeGarmo - strong voice at her age!
# 3 Fantasia Barrino - full of confidence (but she's way over her head.)

GOOD
# 4 LaToya London - the problem with her strategy is that she started way too early showing her range...
# 5 Jennifer Hudson - I can't really remember her... but she has personality.
# 6 Camille Velasco - it was supposed to be her night but it seems her stage fright took over her.
# 7 George Huff - indeed, he has the greatest male voice in this competition but I had a feelin' that AI3 will be a battle of the screaming and shouting divas.

WIERD
# 8 Jon Peter Lewis - OMG, good thing that he had a personality, if not, he could be gone early.
# 9 Amy Adams - I'm goin' to expect her as a Celine impersonator doin' different genre, as what her voice showed this night.

WORST
#10 Matt Rogers - he doesn't impress me even a bit, he seems shouting the song and not singing them.
#11 John Stevens - it was not his night, and he has not yet proven his worth.
#12 Leah Blood-owski - WOW, Simon! You hit it right to the spot!

realityluver 267 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityluver Click to send private message to realityluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
My favorite of the night was LaToya followed closely by George and Jennifer. Jasmine was really good tonight too. These are the four I'm hoping go far in this competition.

My least favorite was John Stevens. Tonight just really made me ask why he is even in the top 12. Leah was bad, but I rate her above John. Actually I rate Leah above both Johns.

Diana was another good one tonight. I really liked her performance.

I guess Fantasia, Camille, Matt, and Amy were just ok for me. Didn't dislike them but didn't like them.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-16-04, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I like the same group of five most of you like, with my current fave being Diana.

Least favorite: Jon Pain in the Leg - something about him just skeeves me out.

I'll understand if any of Leah, Amy or Matt go in his place. I think it would be unfair for anyone else to get booted instead of one of these 4.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-17-04, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I liked Jasmine, Latoya and Diana. The worst by far was Leah.

Just a comment though on the observation that the finalists were not as good as Kelly, Ruben or Clay. I think it's quite early to compare. Let's give them time to grow.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
A lot of powerhouse female singers and George too.

1.Fantasia
2.George
3.Jasmine
4.Diana
5.LaToya
6.JPL
7.John
8.Amy
9.Matt
10.Jennifer
11.Leah
12.Camille

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said here, but it won't stop me. Pretty awesome night and one of my favorite genres. But I have a feeling things might deteriorate from here.

Best of Set:

Latoya - I honestly don't know where she can do to top this. Great song and great performance.
Diana - Same as above; I have a hard time choosing between them.
Fantasia - while I don't really like her (can't stand what she does with "eshes") but she brings it and she is a pro already.

Most improved:

Jasmine - didn't know she had it in her!
George - MUCH better than previously! I still think he struggles with maxing out his voice, though.

Middle of the road:

Matt - I still like his voice, but he didn't do very well with the song.
Jennifer - Normally I would think this was a great performance, and I've been waiting for her to do this type of number. But compared with some of the others, it wasn't top three.

Not impressive:

Amy - I was curious to see how she would do in this group; unfortunately not that well.
Jon Peter - I just don't see it. Although I think he will continue to be massively popular with viewers.
John S. - sigh. I want to like him and my daughter just loves him. But just so-so.

As expected (bad):

Camille - I thought she was going to be ill. Poor thing was so nervous and shaky.
(B)Leah - 'nuff said. Set US free and go home already!

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-17-04, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
1. Diana DeGarmo - Yes! Her voice is just so pure and natural sounding. She makes it look easy.
2. LaToya London - Excellent rendition of one of my all-time faves.
3. Jasmine Trias - Wow, I totally did not expect this. I couldn't even really remember her before tonight.
4. George Huff - Perfect song choice.
5. John Peter Lewis - Hate that song, but performed it well.
6. Fantasia Barrino - Hmm... WAY too much YEAAAH YEAAAH YEAAAHing... her whole song was just one giant ad-lib.
7. Jennifer Hudson - Still doesn't really stand out for me.
8. Amy Adams - Her voice just seems so thin and weak to me, and picking boring ballads like this just highlight that fact.
9. Camille Velasco - Love the voice, but isn't doing a whole lot with it.
10. Matt Rogers - I could sing as good, if not better, than this guy. Hell, I'm pretty sure anybody could.
11. John Stevens - What the fuck was that!? See above.
12. Leah - Way to go, Paula.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
* = best performance to date by singer

1. Amy - WTF were the judges smoking? she was EVERY BIT as good as Latoya!

*2. JPL - ok, i just love this guy, he's just up there having FUN! by FAR his best performance

3. Latoya - vocally better than JPL, of course, and still great, I just didn't like her as much as Amy or Jon

4. Jennifer - still amazing range

*5. Diana - I don't know where that came from. I never thought she was good, but a very good performance tonight. by far her best so far

6. George

7. Fantasia

*8. Jasmine - see Diana - where did this come from? so much better than her first performance which was AWFUL. the judges still didn't call her on the bad spots though

9. Matt - entertaining performance, but the vocals just weren't there

*10. Leah - can't believe I'm ranking her anywhere but last, but sorry Randy and Paula, this WAS her best performance so far

*11. John - what the hell was that? totally out of place. by far his strongest performance, but it did NOT fit the theme

12. Camile - just weak. I think she was the worst of the night and should be eliminated.

- RMMNW!!!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-17-04, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Diana, Fantasia, LaToya"
Great!
1. Diana DeGarmo - She's a natural. Best is still yet to come from her.
2. Fantasia Barrino - Also a natural. Great version of that song.
3. LaToya London - Great range. Kinda trying to do too much with all the range.

Good
4. Jasmine Trias - Great voice, kind of a boring song for soul though. That song didn't really do it for me.
5. George Huff - Good personality and voice.
6. John Peter Lewis - He's a good performer. I think people actually like the corny dancing.
7. Amy Adams - will do better next week hopefully, needs to choose better songs.
8. Jennifer Hudson - Not sure about her yet.

Not in the same league as the others
9. Camille
10. Matt Rogers
11. John Stevens
12. Leah

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
**Taking Bebo's post and altering a bit so don't be confused that some of it is the same and some of it is not**

Excellent!

Stellar performances that prove that these people deserve to be here.

Latoya- great again

George- loved this song and I love the missing facial hair. Makes him look younger.

Fantasia- as much as I dislike her voice, it didn't bother me as much tonight. She sounded very good.

Diana- Great..just like when she sang "Ive Got the Music in Me"

Jasmine- WOW. Blew me away. I had no idea that she could sing like that. The youngins are doing big things.

Almost As Awesome

I didn't really care of the songs but I thought that they sounded good.

Jennifer- at least she looked normal

Amy- wasn't her best performance

Not Bad

Good but ehhh I just cant join their bandwagon. Something about them doesn't scream AMERICAN IDOL at all.

Matt- Hasn't topped his audition yet. Maybe it's the song choice.

Jon Peter- Im just not into his voice for some reason

Please Refrain from singing that awful ever again or GO HOME NOW!

Oh lawd! I found these performances GAWD awful and hard to bear!

Camille- Maybe she was just nervous but that was not her song and she sang it horribly. I expect to see her in the bottom 3.

Leah- Hey I thought she was dreadful from the start and I didn't think she deserved to be on AI over Lisa so hey Im glad everyone else sees it. I was ESTATIC when Simon told her to pack her bags. I see her going home tomorrow.

John- I don't know what it is about him but I don't like him. He puts me to sleep. Plus I don't think he can sing anything that isn't slow. I would never buy his CD if he won AI.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
1.LaToya- great performance
2.Jasmine- if she keeps that up she'll win
3.Diana- also could win
4.Jon Peter- needs to tame it down a little, but I like him
5.Amy- not much to say
6.Matt- I like him but bad song choice I thought
7.George- he does have a nice voice
8.Fantasia- sorry I don't like her at all
9.Jennifer- has a wonderful voice but it's gospel not pop
10.John- needs to grow more, too young for this competition
11.Camille- yuck
12.Leah- total bluck!!!!!

Besides looking at who I thought sang well, I'm also trying to figure out who has the best pop imagine. Jasmine is a very cute girl, tiny and a voice; she seems to have the best package. Having said that after tonight my American Idol would be LaToya, she was fantastic.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
1. Jasmine - i really didn't remember her from her group night. i do remember being fine with her making the top 12, though. when she sang this time, i got goosebumps.

2. Fantasia - i thought she was fab. her voice will get her a long way...but i think it will also keep her from winning. on the down side, i think she has a grating personality.

3. Jenifer - i love the power she has behind her voice.

4. George - his voice reminds me of richie havens, who is one of my favorite singers.

5. Diana - until this performance, she was my least favorite in the top 12. i can't say that anymore. she is phenomenal.

6. Amy - she wasn't as bad in my opinion as many seem to think she was. i think she has a really nice voice but the genere wasn't really the best thing for her.

7. John S. - i really like the fact that he's different than the rest. i thought it was the best performance of 'Lately' (a song i'm not too crazy about) that i have seen on any american idol season.

8. Latoya - i love her, i do. i just didn't tonight. i thought she was uneven, and i hated the synthesizer music that was backing her up. i wonder how much control they have over their backing tracks? i wonder the same about Amy..who Simon criticized over the flowers in the background behind her. i doubt that stuff like that is really the contestants' call.

9. Camile - i didn't think she was terrible, i didn't think she was great. i'm just in the middle with her.

10. Jon Peter - he's gonna be in the top 4, and it's unfortunate in my opinion. he seems like he isn't being serious when he sings. his voice is nasal and it seems like he tries to make it deeper than it really is.

11. Leah - bad. really, really, bad. she'll be the one that goes home and she should be.

12. Matt - i think he'll easily be the first guy sent home. i'm no fan of his. he is to my enjoyment of AI3 as Jenna Lewis is to my enjoyment of A.S.S.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Huge DITTO...on everything the evil one said.

John S is going to have a real hard time in this competition because his style is too strict. I dont know if he can loosen it any (and I like the way he sings). I think he definitely has star power but not in the pop world...I hope he is the next Frankie or Sammie cause frankly I love that type of music too.

A RollD orginal "Goin retro for spring"

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!
I'd be devasted if they were voted off tonight
LaToya
George
Diana
Jon Peter-Still my favorite, but you were outsung by the above peeps.

They were good, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they were gone tonight
Jennifer
Fantasia (something about her just bugs the carp out of me.)
Jasmine

Cringeworthy
Amy-I really wanted to like you..once you get over your nerves, you'll do fine.
Matt..ok I liked you a little more this week, but that's not saying a whole lot.
John Stevens
Camille
and last place goes to:
Bleah...<shudders> What Simon said

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
The 'Liked Em' Category':
LaToya
Diana
Jon Peter
Jasmine

The 'They were pretty okay' Category:
Jennifer
Fantasia
George
Amy

The 'Yikes! What happened?' Category:
Matt
John Stevens
Camille
Leah

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I agree with you Bebo, except that I would exchange Jasmine with Diana.

Created by the amazing J Slice!
RMMW!

LISA712 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LISA712 Click to send private message to LISA712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Okay I finally decided I had to register to post to these messages.
I have to ask, what the HELL are you people thinking when you vote
for Jon Peter Lewis. I think he is the worst person in the competition. I mean there are a few others that are not that great, but cmon, do you people think he can REALLY sing? He is as bad as Justin Guarini who made it to the top 2 in AI1, and I still ask myself HOW? I cringe when he sings. I love Diana, I would love to see her win.LaToya is good, but not my fav. Fantasia's voice annoys me, Jennifers lips need to stop moving when she sings, jasmine blew me away last night. John Stevens, WHAT IS THAT? Can he sing anything other than one note? I like Matt, not sure if it is his personality or what, but I like him. I dont think Leah is as bad as everyone is making her out to be. If I didnt mention the others, not important,. Oh one more comment-what the hell was Simon thinking saying Jon Peter could win this competition. I think the judges try to sway the viewers, but if I have to watch him sing for one more week, I will hurl!

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

I like Matt, not sure if it is his personality or what, but I like him. I dont think Leah is as bad as everyone is making her out to be. If I didnt mention the others, not important,.

Welcome to the board Mrs. LaBelle!

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I thought it was a really good night. Only a couple of truly bad performances and quite a few were amazing.

Excellent
1. LaToya
2. George
3. Diana

Darn Good
4. Jon Peter
5. Fantasia
6. Jasmine

Pretty Good
7. Amy
8. Jennifer
9. Matthew

Not Really Doing It for Me
10. John
11. Camile

Horrible, Terrible, Please Never Sing Again
12. Leah

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
My list is pretty much the same as yours, Bebo.

Excellent:
Latoya (wow)
Fantasia (she's good and she knows it. she better tone down her attitude)
Jasmine (she gave me goosebumps)
George (love love love him!!)

Almost as Awesome:
Diana (young)
Jennifer (I'm still not a huge fan of hers, but last night was good)
John Peter (he should quit moving around so I can hear him sing!!)

Not Bad:
John S. (I was bored with Randy)
Matt (I like his personality)

Outclassed:
Amy (quit with the Celine impressions!!)
Camile (scared stiff)
Leah (she better be going home)

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Excellent
1. Jasmine Trias - Sweet kid with a GREAT voice, you go girl
2. George Huff - Best version of that song I've ever heard!

Almost as awesome
3. Diana DeGarmo - Another fantastic vocalist!
4. John Peter Lewis - Interesting voice and a fun attitude
5. LaToya London - Great song choice!

Not Bad
6. Amy Adams - You're awesome but not the top of this pack
7. Jennifer Hudson - Looking for her to improve
8. Fantasia Barrino - Great voice but you lose points due to arrogance

Outclassed
9. John Stevens - zzzzzzzzz
10. Camille Velasco - Overmatched here, sweetheart
11. Matt Rogers - WAY TOO COCKY. You are gone soon.

Stole a legit singer's place in AI
12. bLeah - Go back to Hendrix High, poseur

teejax22 96 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teejax22 Click to send private message to teejax22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Okay, this round was good but my only beef is with Simon. I usually agree with most of Simon's comments. I know he can be pretty mean, but behind the mean comments I believe there is truth to his comments. I just have beef with his opinion of John Stevens. He keeps praising him and saying this is what this competition needs but I find John very boring. His song choices are all the same and he's not very flexible. He is a good singer but he comes off as boring because I don't believe he has that charisma or stage presence like Frank Sinatra or others in that genre. (Of course there is a lot of room for him to grow.)

I've seen Simon criticize so many people based on their look, music style, and stage presence because he didn't see that person as the American Idol. I've seen him put down so many people who sang in different genres and complained that its not what American Idol needs or is about. And then he goes back on his word and praises John, who to me is the most boring of the bunch, and his style is very rigid. I just think that Simon is a hypocrite in that aspect and it irks me.

Just my 2 cents!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
1. George - I LOVE this guy!!! Poster boy for why the judges suck!

2. LaToya - great. Period.

3. Diana - Wow!! Such a voice for one so young.

4. Fantasia - such a performer

5. Jasmine - cute, sweet, and girl can sing

6. Jennifer - OK

7. Camille - OK

8. JPL - interesting voice, but ease up on the dancing. It ain't you!

9. Amy - something about her I just can't get in to

10. Matt - eh. Fun, but empty

11. John S. - another interesting voice, but this isn't his style AT ALL.

12. Leah - I just can't defend her any more

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I mostly agree with Bebo's rankings, but I'd move just a couple around.

(in order of preference)

Excellent!

Latoya
Fantasia
Diana

These three ladies are the most gifted at performing. They're confident, and it shows. They put on such good performances that their voices could be a little off, and they'd still outshine the rest of the competition.

George

Also excellent. I can't help but smile when George is on stage. He looks like he is having the most fun. I love his voice, but I think he needs some work on his performance skills. The DIP has got to go. (or at least be toned down a little)

Almost As Awesome

Jasmine

A lovely performance. She picked a great song, and really sold it. Beautiful.

Jon Peter

I really like something about him, I just don't know what it is. His performance skills are horrific, but genuine. I think his voice is very distinctive, and he looks like he is having fun.

Jennifer

I can't complain about Jennifer, but I can't come up with a whole lot in the praise department either. Something about her really bugs me. I think it's the faces she makes when performing. Very strong voice.

John

I agree with Simon about John. He has a fantastic tone, and his voice is memorable. He seems a littel out of his league, performance wise, but I think Randy was WAY to harsh on him. He's the only one I threw votes at last night, I hope he sticks around a little longer.

Not Bad

Amy

I can't stand her look. It just doesn't match her face. I do think she has a nice voice though, and she did ok last night. Noting special about her performance, but she wasn't bad.

Outclassed

Matt

Matt doesn't even belong in this group. I can't believe he's there, and Eric Yoder isn't. *boggle*

Leah

Horrible, boring, can't sing. I don't like anything about her. However, she wasn't nearly as bad as:

Camille

I have no idea what the judges saw in her. She sounds like she has a horrible cold when she sings. She can't pronounce words clearly, and she's just a mess to look at, and to listen to.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

Outstanding:

Latoya---she is clearly the best at this point.
Fantasia--I loathe her style, but she is a fabulous performer and is at least in tune.

Excellent (in no particular order):

Diana--she is too beauty pageanty for me at this stage, but there is NO denying that the girl can sing and is a natural performer.
George--I think he smiles too much. It becomes distracting, epecially in a melancholy song. Agree with True that the dip is overdone. It was by far his best performance and I look forward to hearing more from him.
Jasmine--WOW! A few shaky spots, but WOW. I got goosebumps too, and I wasn't expecting to like her.

Average:

John Paul--for the love of all that is holy, someone make him STOP dancing!!!! ACK! He was out of breath and that totally shot his performance.
John Stevens--I'm being generous here. I couldn't hear him in places and he was boooooo-ring. He is just NOT an American Idol at all.
Amy--way boring as well. Nothing special whatsoever.

YUCK!

Matt--GAH! What a horrible song for him. He sounded like it was in the wrong key for his voice. Waaaaay too high with no decent tone.
Camille--she looked better, I 'll give her that, but she is not ready for big-time performances. Shaky, petrified and just not great.
Leah--Unbelievably bad, but great hair.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Ugh. I am dangerous at times.

**edited to remove umpteen extra and outdated sig pics.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Nice sig pics AKim"
*giggle*

Suppose I should mosey to OT and tell her?

PapaBear 1428 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PapaBear Click to send private message to PapaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Nice sig pics AKim"
What, you don't think that was on purpose?

Hi'ya Breezy - love the green pants

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
WOW

LaToya - after she sang, I was ready to just skip the next 11 weeks and give her the AI3 crown.

Fantasia - she is soooo effortless and soulful. She IS the music! Don't love her voice, but I truly appreciate it.

Jasmine - How did I overlook her? I was shocked, simply shocked, to see that some people picked her in the top four - and even to WIN - in the PTTE game. After taking a closer tonight, man was she good.

Diana - When they transitioned from her intro package to her singing, it seemed like a time warp. At school and at home she's 16, but on stage she is a seasoned pro! I was blown away.

JUST ALL RIGHT (not aiiight)

George - hate the shaky voice, hate the dancing, love the smile and the attitude. Hope he sticks around a few weeks to see if he can rein in his voice.

Amy - sounded good, but was expecting something more wild in a song choice. Left me feeling a little cheated.

Jennifer - Sounded just like she always sounds. Started shaky, it was okay.

Jon Peter - probably the best guy in the competition. He's growing on me and I liked his style a little more last night.

Matthew - a proficient performance. I don't feel like his voice is musical. He is chanting the words, but they don't add nyhing to the music.

MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP

Camille - Shay, painful performance

Leah - I think the judges were wrong (except Simon). It was her best! AND, it was horrible. Please make it stop!

Handcrafted by RollDdice - thanks, RollD, you are the MAN!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
1. Jasmine -- It was partially the surprise factor--but she gave me goosebumps as well.

2. Diana -- Another awesome performance. Just as good, if not better than Jasmine, but I did expect it from her.

3. Fantasia -- So surprised that I like her. I hate Macy Gray.

4. Jennifer -- I thought she was really good, surprised judges weren't more positive about her.

5. LaToya -- Not as good as I was expecting, partial problem was the song choice, but it showed her personality, which I liked. Still the favorite.

6. George -- Voice as good as Ruben, but not as boring!

7. JPL -- Always good for entertainment purposes.

8. Camille -- Sang Julia DeMato's signature song, and look as petrified as she did. Poor thing could be toast come country week next week.

9. Matt -- Picked a good song, but I still hate that he is the male Kim C.

10. Jon S -- Oh no, only week 1 and I'm already bored by his voice.

11. Amy -- Forgot the words, and butchered the high notes. Voice not as powerful as the divas. People could forget about her and she could be the surprise boot.

12. Leah -- Forgot the words and was awful singing it. She should pack her bags, but I can see the 12 Leah fans desperately trying to save her--with the votes spread out among 12 people, the middle people could be in danger too.

PapaBear 1428 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PapaBear Click to send private message to PapaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I mostly agree with the opinions that I have seen so far, with one big exception. Here are my picks:

Excellent!

Latoya
Dianna - both of these ladies just blew me away last night

Almost as Awesome

George - you just gotta root for George (doesn't he look younger every week?)
Jasmine - cute, strong voice, would be a good American Idol

Not Bad

John Peter - fun, different, could go really far if he can pick some songs that showcase his voice a little better
Amy - my wife's favorite
Jennifer - I admit that she is pretty good, but I wouldn't buy her music. Like her personality though

Outclassed

Johnny Red - I want him to do well, but I don't think that he has much to offer
Matt - he was my favorite though auditions, but since he has gotten to the actual competition I haven't seen anything special
Camille - if she can conquer her nerves she might stay around a few weeks, but don't think she has near what it takes to go the distance
Leah - hope you had fun cuz I think the ride is over

Just plain don't like

Fantasia - here is the one that I disagree with most people on. I do not like Fantasia at all. She is a very good performer but I think her singing style is completely out of date. I'm not saying her voice isn't strong, but her style is nothing that I would ever choose to listen to. She reminds me a lot of Aretha Franklin and while I think she would be flattered with the comparison, I think that if Aretha were a new artist today she would have a very hard time selling her CDs. Plus the way that Fantasia pronouces the words in her songs just gets under my skin. Can anyone out there actually picture themselves buying one of her albums?

*Hi Beebs*

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
I've never posted here before, but I'll throw in my 2 cents...

Here's how I saw it last night:

LaToya - Fabulous stage presence, great voice, pretty, what else can I say? BTW, I couldn't care less if she's a "professional" musician. So she's in a band. So what. All that tells me is that she's serious about wanting to be a singer.

George - In the past I thought his voice was shaky in places, but not last night. He was really wonderful. He needs to embrace his rich, deep bass voice and keep picking songs that showcase it.

Jasmine - She really surprised me. I didn't think she had such a great voice. I wouldn't have picked her for the top five before now. Good for her!

Fantasia - She's a bit over-the-top, but so are half the pop singers on the market today. I think she's true to who she is, and I enjoy the unique tone and quality of her voice.

Diana - She's a great performer with a very good voice. It'll be interesting to see how she sounds on a quiet song. It's much harder to sing those notes when you aren't belting them out. I hope she's got it in her.

Jennifer - She's very good, but she does some strange stylizing and she "overplays" the songs, IMO. She's not singing to a deaf audience. All the hand gestures and facial expressions get a little old for me. She has great potential, and I hope she works on some of her quirky issues in the weeks to come.

Jon Peter - I can hear flashes of a good voice in his performances, but he's very rough around the edges. He clenches his jaw and sings through his teeth too much, for one thing. He also can't control his breath when he's dancing around. He needs a good vocal coach and another year of seasoning before he can win a competition like this. He's not polished enough.

Amy - She's an alto, not a soprano. Her biggest problem is that she hasn't figured that out yet. When she tries to utilize her upper range she sounds thin and weak. If she wants to survive in this competition, she needs to start choosing songs that show off her middle and lower ranges. She can't compete in her upper range with someone like LaToya, and she can't distinguish herself from the other ladies unless she has a "hook". Her hook should be the fact that she's an alto. (Karen Carpenter did quite well as an alto once upon a time. There's nothing wrong with that.)

Matt - He's likable, but he's not showing off his voice at all. His phrasing wasn't even very good. He's going to get kicked off the show in no time at all if he doesn't show the audience that he has a right to be there.

John - Sorry, I don't see anything great about this kid. He's strikes me as a chorus member in a high school, which is exactly what he is. I could get into the whole "Frank Sinatra" thing if I saw any glimmer of that here. The best singer in any given high school in America is about as good as this kid. Seriously. He doesn't belong in this competition.

Camille - She could be interesting to listen to, with that raspy Tina Turner-like voice of hers, if she wasn't scared out of her mind. Speaking from experience, she's not going to conquer those nerves in time to salvage herself in this competition. Think Julia Demato.

Leah - I think Paula was smoking something when she chose her for the top 12. That Susie chick would've been a much better choice from the wildcard show. I have to admit that something about this girl rubbed me the wrong way right from the start. I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, like my comments about John (above), she's no better than the average lead in any given high school musical in the country. How can it be possible that out of 70,000 auditions, she's the best they could do?

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Welcome, opinionated! I'm so glad you're here, and that's not just because I agree with everything that you've said...although I do!

My opinion? What opinionated said.

A Kyngsladye Original

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Welcome, opinionated!

I think I'll just settle in under your post and say "yeah, same here." Why try to write it all when you have said almost everything I was thinking so clearly?

I'll just add a few thoughts of my own:

The only thing I would change for myself is to switch Fantasia and Diana. Fantasia is great but for some reason I just don't really like her - personal taste, as Simon would say. I enjoyed Diana's performance much more.

What you said about Amy - yes! I love how she sounds in the alto range, but when she goes higher that "thin and weak" sound really kills it for me. I want her to stay strong and instead she just fades. It doesn't work. Good call - if she can pick the right songs, where she sounds great throughout, she'll last longer. Staying "out there" vocally is what will match her personality - she can't be holding back. Again, as Simon said, I feel cheated when she sings smaller than her image.

Matt - likeable, maybe, and trying too hard to be. I don't like the schmaltz.

Bottom three will probably be Leah, Camille, and either Matt or Amy. I think John will still get a lot of votes - for now. And please, let Leah go. I wouldn't mind seeing Camille get another chance to get over her nerves, but enough with Leah, already.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Final four picks: Latoya, George, Diana, Fantasia.

The rest will drop out along the way and end up on Star Search or Your Big Break.

Good luck to them all.

Survivor All*Stars F2 favorites
Ambamudda and the Robfadda

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: March 16 Round - Who Did You Like?"
Agree. Thats a good final four!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •