The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Starting Over....NOT!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

HOUSEMANAGER 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-24-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HOUSEMANAGER Click to send private message to HOUSEMANAGER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Starting Over....NOT!"
I just recently started watching the show and I enjoy it very much...what is so shocking to me is the countless negative posts against everything from the house guests to the coaches.

WOW! This should be a learning experience. Those very "posts" sound so shallow when you look at the premise of the show and more importantly recognize that we all are human and we all have our frailities.

Just my opinion. There isn't one of us that would be cast in front of millions that would have such a self-righteous clean slate.

Ladies...and I'm useing the term loosley we need to band together for a change and see the light!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Starting Over....A New Message ... Nann 11-24-05 1
   RE: Starting Over....A New Message ... HOUSEMANAGER 11-24-05 2
 RE: Starting Over....NOT! AshLanie 11-25-05 3
 RE: Starting Over....NOT! beckettrep 11-25-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Nann 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-24-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nann Click to send private message to Nann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Starting Over....A New Message Board!"
HOUSEMANAGER,

I hope your thread is not removed, because I think your points could start an interesting discussion that might end up improving this discussion board. I've watched SO for 2 seasons. Missed the first season or it was not broadcast in my area. Do wish they would put all 3 seasons on DVD. I'd buy it.

I think overall women are bonding here by bashing the HGs. It makes me feel that this reflects our society. I think the same undercutting of other women happens in the workplace, among women friends, in families with sisters and sisters-in-law, and is happening far too much in middle school and high school. How many "Bully Shows" have Oprah, Dr. Phil, Montel, Maury, and others done?

Constructive and deeper discussions would be far more interesting to me. No one talks about what SO, the women's lives profiled, and the vast array of therapies shown does to help them personally.

I think we need a new "Women's Movement" to remind us to support our fellow human beings of the same gender. How would women ever have gotten the vote without bonding together big time? I hate to see women tearing other women down. I stay completely away from that in "real life".

Thanks for your post.

HOUSEMANAGER 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-24-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HOUSEMANAGER Click to send private message to HOUSEMANAGER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Starting Over....A New Message Board!"
Well said Nann...very well said.

Thank You!

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-25-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Starting Over....NOT!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-05 AT 08:36 AM (EST)

>I just recently started watching the
>show and I enjoy it
>very much...what is so shocking
>to me is the countless
>negative posts against everything from
>the house guests to the
>coaches.
>
>WOW! This should be a learning
>experience. Those very "posts" sound
>so shallow when you look
>at the premise of the
>show and more importantly recognize
>that we all are human
>and we all have our
>frailities.
>
>Just my opinion. There isn't one
>of us that would be
>cast in front of millions
>that would have such a
>self-righteous clean slate.
>
>Ladies...and I'm useing the term loosley
>we need to band together
>for a change and see
>the light!

chuckling..................YOU are bashing us for bashing the show......welcome to the bashers club...

Ummm.....you jsut started watching the show and are juddging the members here?

I've been watching the show since the second show of seaon one.......and have seen it go from a healthy learning show for the viewers to one of a soap opera/Jerry Springer format.

Season one was all about bondng, learning, growing, etc with out the many threats by the LC's, without the screamig of the LC's, without the lies from just about all the housemates, without the abckstabbing/gossip from the housemates, etc.

The viewers from season one knew what the goals were....new where each housemate stood with out said housemate revealing a little bit of her self when it was convient.

From the LC's we saw: compassion, sterness (NOT screaming), we saw them interact more with all the ladies (bonding exercises etc), we saw assignments that made sense and were clearly spelled out, etc etc etc.

We saw the show use first rate professionals, links given by the professionals to the viewers to better themselves, etc.

So, before you BASH us members for our words, you might want to find out what the past seasons were like and then maybe you'll understand why the long standing viewers are upset.

Edited to add examples of season one:

PJ-Mormon One of her goals was to decide if she wished to stay Mormon or not. We, the viewers, got to see and learn about the diffeent religions as she explored that goal.

Mo-60plus One of her goals: stand up comdeian. We saw her and learned what the process is to become a stand up comedian...again with links for any viewer that wanted more info.

Christine-husband died after only three months of amrriage. her goal was to live life after finding her husband dead on the bathroom floor after only three months of marriage. Again, professionals were there to help and links for the viewers. (BTW: For the ones that watched Christine transform she has since married)...

Not all were successful in season one and they did gossip but nothing like the Springer format of this season.

Season one, they ahd many group bonding assignments of which most times the LC's were there with the housemates and the excercise would be discussed either at the time of it or next day in group.

Maybe this post will help you to understand why some of us are so upset with this season't format.....to us it is NOT a learning experience type of show but (to me anyhow) it is a soap opera springer type of show.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-25-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Starting Over....NOT!"
House, Shallow, to me, would be calling these women out for things like 'wearing blue eyeshadow when it isn't in style anymore' - I would not subscribe to this type of discussion either. On the other hand what you call shallow is just people calling these women out for REAL issues such as their own fakeness, suspect motives for being on the show, for their own two-faced, backstabbing and gossipying nature, for constantly trying to manufacture yet another issue just to in the house longer - these are the issues most prevalently being discussed here and granted it might not sound pretty but I wouldn't call it shallow at all to openly discuss ones own disgust at these women. Like others have mentioned the previous seasons might not have been perfect but those seasons really were focusing on real women with real issues and this season, by comparison, has turned into a springer-fest. If you get a chance to somehow see the last couple seasons I think you will better understand what many are talking about on these boards. If not just keep watching and soon enough you will see for yourself just how fake Lisa, Allison, Jessica and Christina really are - they are NOT nice people - I wouldn't want any of them to be MY friend that's for sure - as the old saying goes 'with friends like that who needs enemies'. I think everyone's frustration is that while seemingly hundreds, thousands (who knows the real number) of viewers seem to be able to see this group for what they are no one from the SO organization seems to care how far adrift from it's original concept this show has drifted - it has become just a ratings game and it's at the expense of the women themselves, not to mention the viewers who watch to actually GET something out of the show.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •