The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-04, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
Next time, on Survivor....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh the names! LookeeLoo 10-01-04 1
   RE: Oh the names! KObrien_fan 10-01-04 2
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Flowerpower 10-01-04 3
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... PepeLePew13 10-01-04 4
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... emydi 10-01-04 5
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Loree 10-01-04 6
               RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... katethegreat 10-02-04 13
               RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... dabo 10-04-04 23
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... volsfan 10-01-04 7
 RE: VIDCAPS: VOICE OVER emydi 10-01-04 8
 The OFG Theory Krautboy 10-01-04 9
   RE: The OFG Theory DeeVa 10-02-04 10
       RE: The OFG Theory Rebel Crown 10-02-04 11
           RE: The OFG Theory JohnMc 10-04-04 17
       RE: The OFG Theory PepeLePew13 10-02-04 12
           RE: The OFG Theory katethegreat 10-02-04 14
               RE: The OFG Theory Witless 10-02-04 15
                   RE: The OFG Theory Brownroach 10-04-04 19
               RE: The OFG Theory dabo 10-04-04 18
                   RE: The OFG Theory Outfrontgirl 10-04-04 20
                       RE: The OFG Theory Krautboy 10-04-04 21
                       RE: The OFG Theory PepeLePew13 10-04-04 22
                       RE: The OFG Theory dabo 10-05-04 24
                           RE: The OFG Theory Outfrontgirl 10-05-04 25
   RE: The OFG Theory trillium 10-03-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-01-04, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh the names!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-04 AT 00:56 AM (EST)

I am still confussed on the brunettes mostly, but here are my questions:

1) In pics 8 - 11, who is fishing?

2) In pics 14 - ?, these look like razor clams!

3) In pics 17 - 23, I Julie, Lisa and Ami! Here is what I see:
a) 17 - 18 Julie?
b) 19 - 20 Ami?
c) 21 - Julie again?
d) 22 - Ami again?
e) 23 - Lisa talking with Twila?

ETA correct spelling on certain things...

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh the names!"
I have the names/faces down pretty good:

Brady is the fisherman, that is not a razor clam it is a little bitty fish.

17-18 is Eliza
19-20 is Lisa
21 is Eliza
22 is Julie
23 is Lisa and Ami is off to the side

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
Not too much to spoil here. I'd bet that the dark, night vidcaps of Lisa and Eliza are from their return to camp after tribal council...Eliza on the rock, saying the next morning, probably, "that biotch!!!", referring to Lisa. Brady trying to be a Hatch or Rupert, the size of the fish is appropriate I'd say, too little, too late!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
>Eliza on the rock, saying the
>next morning, probably, "that biotch!!!",

Here's a mirror, Eliza... I can think of somebody who did a similar thing the night before.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-04 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

The only difference though was that Lisa wasn't targeted last night, Eliza was in Ep. 2.

I think she may have gone to Ami and asked for a place. Remember in her confessional, Lisa said that she couldn't trust Eliza, but "Don't worry, because I have a back up plan." Her back up plan, I hope, included going to Ami and saying "Eliza has switched back, but I can guarantee you a non-tie, I'll help you vote out Mia but let me in to the older burly girl group--remember (jokingly), I'm older than you."

If she waited until after TC to say to the burly girls "Look what I did for you" it may backfire bc she didn't let the BGs know that they were secure with 5 votes for Mia. And now she doesn't have the bowheads (there's only 2 left now anyway).

But it appears from the CBS misdirection (see KB's thread YEAH HE'S BACK!!!) that her actions may backfire on her no matter what she did bc Eliza is going to create some drama and tell the BGs they can't trust her (how ironic?!)

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

et finish sentence oops

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
On TES Mia said she didn't find out it was Lisa that voted against her till she saw it on TV lastnight. She had assumed it was Eliza.

And the way Mia talked this morning her young group is gone quickly.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-02-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
Even though Mia said that on TES, on her "Next Day" video, she said that she had thought Lisa would vote with them, but Lisa didn't. So she did know Lisa betrayed her and was lying on TES. Why the lie? To take away from the mini-pagonging of the rest of her friends? How does Eliza escape the vote, but not Lisa? It must be Julie next, if before a swap, then Lisa after a swap, and Eliza forming a new alliance (with the old guys?) I just can't figure how Eliza makes the jury.

Why no challenge shots? Hopefully some in the weekend previews.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
I would say this is a strong indicator that Eliza makes it at least to the jury.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 4 Preview "
No spoiler here but I have to say this cracks me up!

I hope they share it!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VIDCAPS: VOICE OVER "
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-04 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

Voice Over

JP: Next time on Survivor: At Lopevi Brady tries to turn the tide.
Brady: If I can endear myself with the fishing that may change people's minds.
Travis: (in reference to the small fish that Brady caught) Give it a chance to grow up.
JP: At Yasur, old allies become new enemies.
Lisa: I didn't trust you (to Eliza). I had a right, I did change my mind. I'm not going to become confrontational.
Eliza: That biy-otch.

Pot meet Kettle

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

oops, don't tell Omarosa

et fix fonts

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "The OFG Theory"
According to the OFG Theory, (the weeks Bootee featured in the first Promo)

Travis and Brady should be considered vulnerable at Lopevi...

...while Lisa, Julie and Eliza are the primary targets at Yasur...

John K's abscence in the promo seems to suggest he's probably safe this week.

Krautboy

DeeVa 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-02-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeeVa Click to send private message to DeeVa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The OFG Theory"
What does OFG stand for? And has this been confirmed from episode to episode?

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-02-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The OFG Theory"
OFG stands for Outfrontgirl, a poster here who hasn't been around much lately, but still a fine spoiler. She may have been a bit embarrassed that the name stuck but she was a big part of the thinking behind it.

Welcome to the boards, DeeVa!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-04-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The OFG Theory"
I miss her. OFG, to your fine spoiling abilities, we salute you!

*throwing a kiss to the wind, hoping she will catch it*

10-02-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The OFG Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-04 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

>And has this been confirmed from
>episode to episode?

I don't remember which season it was, perhaps the 3rd season in Africa, but every single preview that season had the bootee shown in the first preview but wasn't *the* main focus. Outfrontgirl was the one who discovered this pattern and other posters started naming the concept "The OFG Theory."

I don't think the theory was as prevalent during S6 or S7, so the theory kinda waned a bit -- if I'm wrong on this point, please feel free to correct me -- but it seems to be holding up so far this season.

Interesting that John K. isn't in the previews while some of us thought of him as a potential bootee. If he stays and one of the five people mentioned by Krautboy goes, then we'll definitely be keeping a stronger eye in future previews to apply the OFG Theory.

Scratch and sniff

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-02-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The OFG Theory"
Correct me if I'm wrong - the next boot was also not shown in a negative light, like not in a screaming match with someone . . . Either this was part of the original theory or we added it as the season went along . . .

Maybe that's what you mean when you say "wasn't the main focus".

It seems like it waned somewhat, but maybe that's because MB didn't like us spoiling him so well, so he reversed himself the next season!

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-02-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The OFG Theory"
That can't be true for this season, though, because we saw Mia confronting Twila in previews last week.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The OFG Theory"
OFG didn't say that the bootee is *never* shown in a negative light. MB always plays up confrontations in the previews, so if the bootee is involved in one, it's likely to get shown.

But most times the preview is edited to make you think that someone else is in bigger trouble, and the real bootee is shown in a comparatively innocuous light.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

10-04-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The OFG Theory"
OFG's original statement of what became OFG Theory was that those who aren't featured in the promo are safe from the boot for the next episode. It hasn't held true 100% of the time, but that is the most consistant version of the theory.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The OFG Theory"
Yep, dabo is right; it was a theory about who is safe, not about who is in danger ... but it evolved with the help of Krautboy and then all the rest of you. We should have Variants, ya know, like the Le Pew variant? Or the Brownroach?

This was way back in S3, where Linda was booted after being very COA in the promo, about as COA as you can get, so I never put in the part about not being shown in bad light. As for being shown in danger, Hunter was featured as in trouble in the promo, so that's OK too. Yet somehow Hunter was still a surprise boot to many.

My original remark was in response to theories of misdirection, where we were looking for surprise boots. I basically said that promos are for the viewing public, not primarily to fool spoilers, and the job of the promo is to somehow put our attention on the bootee, if only subliminally.

Thus the promo shot MAY be of the bootee doing something innocuous but in that case it's usually a shot focused on the bootee (so that excludes group shots). It's also usually something anyone would see, not just a vidcapper isolating a frame from a challenge.

No one was more surprised than I, but the theory has held up. In S4 the only pic of Sara was kind of dark, and Gina was in a shared shot. Other than that, I can't remember it failing, but sometimes you have to look to the web promo or the promo that comes out later in the week.

Of course, as the numbers whittle down, most players will be in the promo, so it becomes less and less helpful. Having it discussed so much on the net--I'm surprised they haven't done the opposite ...

Thanks for the shout out! I've been too busy IRL to keep up on reading all the threads, so I generally don't post for that reason.

Remember, for his super promotional work, my agent Krautboy gets 50% of all commissions, royalties, prizes, etc.. On 50% of Nada, guess he won't be retiring any time soon.

All those not on TV have only themselves to blame ~ Jackson Browne

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The OFG Theory"
Hi Outfrontgirl!

So nice of you to stop by and visit! You're ears must have been burning. I have a feeling after this week stock in The OFG Theory will be going up...

Krautboy

10-04-04, 08:22 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The OFG Theory"
>We should have Variants, ya know,
>like the Le Pew variant?

Well... I'm used to seeing "Le Pew" and "varmint" together in the same sentence, not "variant".

Welcome back, OFG!

Scratch and sniff

10-05-04, 00:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The OFG Theory"
As I recall, Hunter was a surprise boot mainly because no one wanted to believe that one tribe would consistantly lose every single challenge. Sarah, the other surprise boot that season, was essentially eye candy. The odd thing about her boot was that she wasn't really featured in the "Next Week on Survivor" promo but immediately after the end credits they ran a standard S4 promo which exploited her eye candy attributes to the utmost. It was a Wednesday episode and that was the only commercial aired between Survivor and Amazing Race. Zoe, another bit of a surprise boot, did fit OFG Theory.

Erin, another eye candy nonentity, was a surprise boot to many during S5, though I think she nominally fit the theory depending on which variant one might employ. Frank and Linda in S3 essentially couldn't be edited in a terribly good light, his desire to feature them favorable may be strong but EPMB can only use the material the players generate for him.

In short, the variants are all well and good, but one should take into account the individual nature of each contestant in weighing their chances. Mia defined herself as a drama queen, she made that her identity, there was really nothing EPMB could do but edit the material as best as possible to tell the story.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The OFG Theory"
You have a great memory dabo. Remembering it was a Wednesday that Cleopatra exited, sheesh.

I agree, the material is what it is.

I was thinking the Hunter boot was a surprise because back in those days it seemed radical that Rob would manage to boot the tribe's best survivor/competitor in order to keep a useless blob like Sara Jones.

Unfortunately, that's now the norm in the game.

To me, Brady is looking like the dead man walking for Ep 4. The Lisa/Eliza spat right after TC sounds like an opening drama that won't end up going anywhere right at the moment.

Brady looks to be getting his farewell face time. Sadly, we've seen less of him than Eliza or Mia. I hope the whole episode is about Brady!

All those not on TV have only themselves to blame ~ Jackson Browne

trillium 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-03-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trillium Click to send private message to trillium Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The OFG Theory"
"Travis and Brady should be considered vulnerable at Lopevi...

If one of those is going to go, I vote for Travis. Please don't vote off any more eye candy for the ladies ; )

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •