The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-04 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

Also from Chatter

Sounds like a tribal restructuring. Will they bust up the tribes using ambassadors and a pick 'em system? If so, go with the oldest male and oldest female?

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... katethegreat 09-29-04 1
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... KObrien_fan 09-29-04 2
       RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Dregar 09-29-04 3
           RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Shereebie 09-29-04 4
               RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Dregar 09-29-04 5
                   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Shereebie 09-29-04 7
           RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... cuon10 10-07-04 28
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... forehead 09-29-04 8
 RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Brownroach 09-29-04 6
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... emydi 09-29-04 9
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... KObrien_fan 09-29-04 10
       RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Brownroach 09-29-04 11
       RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... emydi 09-29-04 12
 RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... MattyMax 10-01-04 13
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... volsfan 10-01-04 14
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Bebo 10-01-04 15
       RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... volsfan 10-01-04 16
       RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... memacmur 10-07-04 30
           RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... Loree 10-07-04 31
 Here's an outlandish idea Brownroach 10-05-04 17
   RE: Here's an outlandish idea volsfan 10-05-04 18
       RE: Here's an outlandish idea Brownroach 10-05-04 19
           RE: Here's an outlandish idea volsfan 10-05-04 21
   RE: Here's an outlandish idea cuon10 10-05-04 20
       RE: Here's an outlandish idea Brownroach 10-05-04 22
           RE: Here's an outlandish idea volsfan 10-05-04 23
   Please disregard this theory Brownroach 10-06-04 24
       RE: Please disregard this theory volsfan 10-06-04 25
       RE: Please disregard this theory ScurvyDawg 10-07-04 29
           RE: Please disregard this theory Brownroach 10-07-04 32
 RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... volsfan 10-06-04 26
 RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... cuon10 10-06-04 27
 RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... oncebitten 10-11-04 33
   RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... jusalurker 10-11-04 34
       RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes a... cuon10 10-11-04 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-29-04, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Won't we begin this Episode with an odd number of people? So do you think we will have a tribal realignment with odd numbers? Hasn't it always been at an even number point before? Unless two people also get voted off in Episode 4 . . . .

09-29-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
I could see them restructuring the tribes even with odd numbers. Because it hasn't ever been done with odd numbers it could be just what the tribes would expect the least.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-29-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Well there was a real earthquake right??

Tribal reshuffling will be nice around this time!!

Remember this tid-bit from the Vanuatu >Daily Post>

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-29-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Just a little word of advice: take everything you read in the local Vanuatuan papers with a grain of salt. ;)

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
>Just a little word of advice:
>take everything you read in
>the local Vanuatuan papers with
>a grain of salt. ;)
>

It was either the Vanuatuan or the Oregonian;) So I went with the Vanuatuan and saved a nickel;)

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Understood. They're not going to misinform you about an earthquake. But other things? Well...

If you're Mark Burnett, you want your show protected. You want the locals on your side. In certain situations, you think those locals are going to betray him?

I think not. ;)

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-07-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Is it possible that someone leaves the camp having gotten sick or burned from lava ash? Which than evens the tribes for even numbers. Also, supposedly someone sleeps through something. Maybe Bubba from depression. Is it possible that these things could be shakeups. A shakeup is usually something unexpected and unplanned for and in the event you have to medivac someone, that would shake things up because it can change your alliance numbers. Something to think about.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-29-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
>Hasn't it always been at an even number point before?

S4 had a tribal switch with 13 castaways in the game. More importantly though, if it hasn't been done before, it doesn't mean it's not ever going to happen. Ask Silas, Shii Ann,...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Oh crap, I'm scheduled to do the SOTS for this week. Please, MB, don't start doctoring buffs again...

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Well, BR, you'll just need to consult with the buff color change master--KB--remember his tremendous work before the F10 Allstars episode?

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Just where is he, anyway?!?

09-29-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
And I can loan you my Clara Peller "Where's the Buff" picture that I used for my SOTS back in ASS.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

09-29-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Ha-ha -- thanks, emy and KFan. I'll just let KB figure it out (if he ever shows up) and post a link.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Katie-- I remember that picture!!! That SOTS was great!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Amber Alert was hilarious too!!!

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-01-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
**BUMP**

well, I said this in another post, but I might as well repeat myself for the DAW point.

According to snewser's list, it seems like the major alliances stay in power until the merge. The list is all people who are in the minority of their tribe, except for TRAVIS.

We're being setup that next week Travis feels homesick.

Perhaps in Ep.5 the shakeup is in the mindset of the Lopevi tribe. The alliance breaks a little and lets go a weak link, Travis.

Considering our boot list, I can't see a signifigant restructuring of the tribes.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Are you saying that Travis' weakness is his homesickness? Because I don't consider Travis as a weak link right now!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
As a follower of the Pepe School of Editing, I think that the Travis homesickness is setting us up for something that's happening down the road. The storyline is being developed so that we know why he's the first one gone out of his core alliance, especially when Rory has been such a PITA.

If we make it to a traditional merge, then the Fat Five will have to start cannibalizing, since only 4 will survive. Right now, Mr. Congeniality (Rory) looks like the obvious one that the rest would gang up on. Or is he? Do you keep Bubba around, concerned he may quit and go blubbering back to Loser Lodge, or do you stick with the loyal and unendearing Rory?

And who knows...maybe John bought himself a few more days on the island with his sniffing out of the women's alliances. The guys were obviously impressed with him for that. Maybe they decide to keep him instead of Travis in case they need him in the challenges. After all, they'll see at the next challenge that the women have again evicted bowhead, and they'll have to feel like they could keep a numerical advantage after the merge even if the women outnumbered the men, since the old would outnumber the young. Leave a hot young target for the older women to want to kick out, and that gives them some time to make form strategic alliances with the older women to stick around for the endgame.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

10-01-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
I like the way you think!

I posted in the editing, players thread about John getting the alliance info and how that would change the men's approach pre- and post- merge! I think this had made it interesting because the men will have the upper hand. IMHO!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Agree, plus one more thing....

the homesickness story could also provide some classic CBS mis-direction in the event one of the players in the Fat Five (Chris) is actually planning on taking Rory along as an easily disliked Final 2 contestant.

If we have a schemer this time round, I think it will be Chris, but we won't really know until he's put in a situation where he is no longer assured of making it to the next TC.

MEmacmur

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Jeff P said early on in an interview that Chris reminded him of Boston Rob. So that means Chris is not going to just sit back and do nothing.

10-05-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
17. "Here's an outlandish idea"
Okay, I'm long overdue for proposing another crazy scenario like Rupert being imprisoned at LL during S7, so here comes one.

I've been ruminating on what Probst said about Brady having to make or break a situation, which has a direct effect on how he does in the game. Probst's comments can't always be taken literally, but he doesn't outright lie. He's talking about a specific person, and he seemed to like Brady, comparing him to Colby. So I think there is something significant to this, and we haven't seen it happen yet.

In a tribal restructuring with 13 people left, the new tribes will have uneven numbers -- most likely one tribe will have 7 people and the other 6. Which tribe gets the extra person may simply be decided by which tribe had the extra member before the switch.

But -- suppose MB lets one person pick which tribe they want to be on. An example of how this could happen is if the switch is done in conjunction with an RC that is an individual RC. Everyone else might be assigned a new tribe either randomly or by some method, but...the RC winner then decides which of the two tribes he/she wants to go to.

Probst's comment suggests to me that Brady is going to be put into an unusual situation that doesn't apply to anyone else. So in the above scenario, Brady could be the person that has to choose which tribe he wants to be on, thereby giving it an extra member. (And if so, it would seem that his decision backfires on him).

Or, maybe Brady gets booted in Ep. 4 and all of this is bunk. Your turn to flame away, shred this to bits, rake it over hot coals...

10-05-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Here's an outlandish idea"
BR, (I know I am addressing the right person this time because I see the bridge your selling! )

Good points. So, do you think the winner of the RC gets picked up by the stranger and taken to the reward? Or, do you think the stranger goes to the tribes and tells them of the swap? Or, could Brady be taken away and told to swap the tribes the way he sees fit and then gets the boot in that episode?

Just tossing something on the wall to see if it sticks!

10-05-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Here's an outlandish idea"
vols, I'm thinking about this if there is a tribal switch in Ep 5, since there will be 13 people then. The stranger's visit is this week, when there are still 14 people.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the "situation" that Brady gets put in could be, and something like this seems vaguely feasible.

10-05-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Here's an outlandish idea"
Gotcha! I was thinking of it happening this episode!

I like the idea and I have been thinking that about Brady as well. I can't come up with anything better than what you suggested!

10-05-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Here's an outlandish idea"
Maybe this is where Rupert comes in for an episode. Maybe they are told when tribes are realigned, the tribe that agrees to be short one, will get an anonymous extra person or something. Or maybe the mysterious native sorts out the tribes and places Rupert on one. I am thinking this is about the time Rupert should be coming in for something.

10-05-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Here's an outlandish idea"
I am thinking this is about the time Rupert should be coming in for something.

I am thinking it's time we never see Rupert's face again.

Seriously, I do NOT think Rupert is going to play any part in S9.

10-05-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Here's an outlandish idea"
AMEN BR!

I don't think he will be part of this season either.

10-06-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
24. "Please disregard this theory"
The quote was originally reported inaccurately from the first Survivor Live show, and there was no transcript to confirm it.

Poster Quartzeye of various other boards gave me the exact quote from the video (this was said the afternoon of the premiere):
"He gets off to a fast start in the first episode which you'll see tonight. He's put in a position to make or break something, you know, that has a big impact from the start."

Probst was clearly talking about Brady being chosen to retrieve the stone from the pole and nothing more.

10-06-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Please disregard this theory"
Yeah, I agree BR...Jiffy is obviously referring to the first episode as he refers to the start of the game twice.

However, it really wasn't that big of a deal about the stone. Each of the other guys would have had a shot at the stone too.

ScurvyDawg 58 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScurvyDawg Click to send private message to ScurvyDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Please disregard this theory"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-04 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

The thing that Brady may have broken is a possible alliance with Sarge during the first episode. According to JohnP (Survivor Live), on the first day the four Studs were sitting together on the beach when Sarge walked up, put his hands on his hips and asked the Studs if they wanted to form an alliance with him. They told Sarge no that it was only the first day and too early to form alliances. It could be that Brady spoke for the Studs when they rejected Sarge. So, Brady was in a position to make or break a possible alliance with Sarge, and since he chose to not make that alliance he and the rest of the Studs are going home early.

edited to change "Survivor Insider" to "Survivor Live"

10-07-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Please disregard this theory"
But we didn't *see* that happen. Jeff might not even have known about it if it did happen that way.

Jeff said we would see what he was talking about in Episode 1; he could only have meant the stone.

10-06-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
As some have said that the biggest twist maybe no twist...so, what if the shakeups were due to the earthquake. After the past couple of days for the survivors and then an earthquake...what if this prompts one to say something like, with all these earthquakes and shakeups!

10-06-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
What if the shakeup is Bubba requesting to go home after he gets homesick and they have an earthquake, or if you get a couple of people who do that. My guess is some of the ones who don't like some of the conditions are going to like them less after an earthquake.

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
According to http://www.survivorbbq.com/: Julie is said to be burned by lava on this week's episode.

jusalurker 65 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
Julie is said to be the last offical boot before the merge. That would make it farther into the game.

10-11-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode 5 Title: "Earthquakes and Shakeups""
I have nothing to gain by pointing this out, I have declared immunity this week, but I wanted everyone to check out the vidcaps. The person in the water in caps 2-4 is,I believe to be Twila. Although,it might be Bubba. Why? First, Chris has only worn a cut-off tee (reddish) on all episodes, also he has facial hair, Twila looks masculine, works outdoors and has that rough look and she wears a yellow t-shirt. She had it on in the last few frames of the ep caps and she has reddish hair. Bubba's hair is curly, so the part does not look to be his. And even if MB changes the color, the sleeves are still there in the picture.
Even if Chris has a clean t-shirt back at camp, why would he put it on before a water challenge?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •