The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Opinion of Marvin"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ArthurSalz 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-18-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ArthurSalz Click to send private message to ArthurSalz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Opinion of Marvin"
Each week, my opinion of Marvin changes. I first didn't like them. Then I thought he was stupid cuz he thought he was in an alliance w/ Scott, Jase, Drew, and Cowboy. Then I gained respect for him when he defended Adria. After that, I started to like him cuz he went w/ the plan to get rid of Jase and really is a funny guy. But this week, he's irritating the hell out of me and he's making me mad about yelling at Adria. Although, even though what he says makes me mad, I kinda agree with him in a way and can understand where he's coming from. What's your opinion?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Opinion of Marvin Gypsy39 08-18-04 1
 RE: Opinion of Marvin RealityAddict 08-18-04 2
   RE: Opinion of Marvin ginger 08-18-04 3
       RE: Opinion of Marvin Menses 08-18-04 5
 RE: Opinion of Marvin Nanook 08-18-04 4
 RE: Opinion of Marvin Monk 08-18-04 6
 RE: Opinion of Marvin motormouth 08-18-04 7
 RE: Opinion of Marvin nailbone 08-18-04 8
   RE: Opinion of Marvin RyrieRae 08-18-04 9
       RE: Opinion of Marvin vixie 08-18-04 10
           RE: Opinion of Marvin vixie 08-18-04 12
 Marvin's one liners shabalaba 08-18-04 11
   RE: Marvin's one liners Menses 08-18-04 13
       RE: Marvin's one liners vixie 08-19-04 15
 RE: Opinion of Marvin strid333 08-19-04 14
 Marvin Cracks Me Up - Drunk Monkey Former CBSer 08-19-04 16
   RE: Marvin Cracks Me Up - Drunk Mon... shabalaba 08-20-04 20
 RE: Opinion of Marvin munson 08-19-04 17
   RE: Opinion of Marvin vixie 08-19-04 18
       RE: Opinion of Marvin vixie 08-19-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Gypsy39 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gypsy39 Click to send private message to Gypsy39 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
I don't like Marvin at all, esp. after the way he's acted this week. Marvin has no alliance, that's his fault. He was approached several times when he was with the 4has and would never have any part of it. He didn't want an alliance with the women, because he didn't want a woman to win. He wanted to stick with the Jase alliance until it went south. And then he wanted to make sure the twins got out, since he's been screaming injustice ever since he found out about the twist. He's being self righteous like Will and they don't have any reason to be. He also put words in Adrias mouth. SHe stated that she prayed for guidance. That's all she said pertaining to the bible. Just like she read to Drew when he was having a hard time with being HOH. Marvin's the one that said God told her to put up the black guy and the gay guy. She never said that. I thought that was pretty low of Marvin. But really I'm not surprised. It's just gotten really ugly in that house. What a bunch of whiny hypocrites.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-18-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Based on the show's editing, he's a funny guy...based on live feeds, he's a pervert! I don't like his nasty mouth, BUT I can see why he would be put out w/A for nominating him 1) since he did stick up for her when Jase tried to slam her a few weeks back and 2) since he doesn't really have any tight alliances. If I had been nominated 3 weeks in a row I'm sure I would be ill, too.

My overall opinion of Marvin is a thumbs down!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
As the wise Captain Savem once said, he's a perv, but he's OUR perv. I am liking him better as I grow to loathe other hamsters.

Menses 46 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Menses Click to send private message to Menses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
I respect Marvin...hes likeable because hes funny and hes to be respected because hes nobodies pawn. As a black man..I definitely understand his plight...moving into a house where your the only black guy is tough...the dude is basically alone in the house. From day one they wanted him out along with Nakomis...so I understand how he feels but damn he screwed up this week. His accusal of Adria's character was out of left field. with his inability to understand how strategy works in this game, he is robbing himself a chance of winning the money.

Nanook 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nanook Click to send private message to Nanook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Marvin is funny. I like him.

Monk 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monk Click to send private message to Monk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
I think Marvin is playing a smart game. He doesn't have an alliance so no one sees him as a threat. However, if he keeps being put on the block as a pawn his luck will run out when someone changes their mind midweek.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-18-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Marvin would be playing a smart game IF all he was doing was being a non-threatening player. But he likes to get in the other hg's faces and I don't like that. Sure, he stuck up for A, but he has also bashed her. She didn't owe him anything IMO. Burning bridges is not good strategy.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
I used to like Marvin, when he was funny. Now he's mean, bitter, lying, putting words in Adria's mouth that she didn't say, then holding that against her. All the "funny" left when he got nominated this time.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-18-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Menses, I hope you are not saying that he is alone in the house ONLY because he is black. Please tell me I'm wrong. If this is what you meant, then I must argue that you saying that is just as racist as if he actually was being left because of his race.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-18-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Rae, while I love your posts and respect your opinion, I must humbly disagree. It is difficult for any single person among a group of others to be minority in a sealed environment for a couple of days, let alone a couple of months. Some people will always rise above it, and others will have problems. The psychology of the whole thing is textbook, and to surmise that to think otherwise is rascist, I must protest. I'm not black, but I am well educated in sociology and other social sciences. I think this is one of many reasons why I love these shows so much. I can excercise my mind as I watch and analyze various group dynamics.
Course then there's the whole enjoyment of ranting and raving at the TV, bashing those whom I dislike, and making fun of people I never have to meet~ What could be more fun? More laughs? Anyway, in spite of my education, I just love to laugh at the human experience and most of all...myself!

08-18-04, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
p.s. My last line is why I loooove Marvin. He really makes me laugh, and that will always be a plus for me!

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Marvin's one liners"
He cracks me up! My favorite one liner is when he said:
"Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining!"

Anyone else care to share their favorite Marvin one-liner (Marvinisms if you will)

Menses 46 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Menses Click to send private message to Menses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Marvin's one liners"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-04 AT 11:11 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-18-04 AT 11:10 PM (EST)

Vixie..well said...when you are the only minority in a house...it plays on you psychologically...the houseguests could be the most liberal people in the world and be totally cool...but as a black person..it is going to play on your mind...(are they racist, could that be holding be back?...etc etc...) If your Marvin...those kind of thoughts are going to cross your mind from time to time and he has the right to examine that within his own mind if he wants to. That I can understand but all of the houseguests including Jase and the kunckleheads..have not shown any kind of racial bias during their time in the house..unlike last year. Now they have put him up three times straight and that is going to get on anyones nerves...as it did Marvin...and unfortunately the race thing was on his mind and he took it there when he shouldnt have. The only thing worse than being a racist is being accussed of being one when clearly you are not. I was so dissapointed in Marvin for that...When you black you got to be able to point out racism accurately or it ruins your argument and your reputation. Marvin may very well be alone because of his race, remember he is the only black guy in the house, but that is only a assumption..it may not necessarily be true either way that is not the sole reason for him being put up...hes playing a game where the likely hood ofbeing ousted is very high.

Could the houseguest be racist...sure anybody could be...but I have not seen any indication of that and being nominated three times in a row is a result of being an outsider within the game....nakomis was nominated the first week because she had green or was it pink? hair....she was the outsider. Will to my recollection was never nominated before...so for him to insinuate that it was because he was gay..was bull....Hes on the block because quite frankly he deserves to be..

I must say that Adria selection of Marvin for the block was not the smartest move...Its a numbers game and when you think about it. Marvin is attracted to her..they were getting along well...he might have been a good ally...the selection of Will made perfect sense since he a member of the 2nd most powerful alliance in the house...had they put up Karen or Nakomis with Will it would have been perfect.

08-19-04, 02:11 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Marvin's one liners"
I think you may have something there, Menses. I agree with the paragraph regarding nominee selection, not in her best interest...and absolutely, Marvin did like her and defended her. She would have been wise to play that out.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-19-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
I'm kinda like you with Marvin. I'm sorta flip-flopping. I like the fact that he is funny but I'm not really happy with his "womanizing" which is very border-line pervert behaviour. Definitely, I'm glad he's lasted longer than Scott and Jase. I don't know what else to say.

Three is the perfect number.

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-19-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Marvin Cracks Me Up - Drunk Monkey"
His comment about CB being as capable as a 'Drunk Monkey' during the reward contest for the movie was over the top. If he goes this week I will miss him.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Marvin Cracks Me Up - Drunk Monkey"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-04 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

Drunk Monkey! That was hilarious!!! Loved his "Don't vote me out tonight" speech and his "gay" dance.
Edited to add:
Guess I should be posting this in fanatics and not bashers.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-19-04, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Love, love,love me some Marvin. Every week I like him more and more. The way he taunted Adria this week about her prayer-delivered nomination instructions was beautiful.

Too bad we'll lose either Will or Marv this week since both of these guys give such good, satisfying Diary Room.

08-19-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
Whoever goes (sadly IMO), I'm hoping they have a crack at coming back...you know Amy style, only without the alcolhol and cheese addictions!

08-19-04, 09:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Opinion of Marvin"
sniff* sniff* (You said crack) heh heh heh

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •