The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
From Chatter.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Capn2patch 09-22-04 1
   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... KObrien_fan 09-22-04 2
       RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Capn2patch 09-22-04 3
           RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Brownroach 09-22-04 4
   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... lovwigglesworth 09-23-04 5
       RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Brownroach 09-23-04 6
 RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... FesterFan1 09-23-04 7
   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... volsfan 09-23-04 8
   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Brownroach 09-23-04 9
       Jiffy's Injury? LookeeLoo 09-23-04 10
   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... emydi 09-24-04 13
 RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... lovwigglesworth 09-23-04 11
   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... lovwigglesworth 09-24-04 12
       RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Scarlett O Hara 09-29-04 14
           RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... macamrox 09-29-04 15
               RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Capn2patch 09-29-04 16
           RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Brownroach 09-29-04 17
               RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Capn2patch 09-29-04 18
                   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Brownroach 09-29-04 19
                       RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Capn2patch 09-29-04 21
                   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... geg6 09-29-04 20
                       RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Dregar 09-29-04 23
                   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... tamarama 09-29-04 22
                       RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Capn2patch 09-29-04 25
                           RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... Mr Canuck 09-30-04 30
                   RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's<... pinchy 09-29-04 24
 Again...am I missing something? volsfan 09-29-04 26
 Waterfall reward timeline problem Brownroach 09-30-04 27
   RE: Waterfall reward timeline probl... Dregar 09-30-04 28
       RE: Waterfall reward timeline probl... Brownroach 09-30-04 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-04 AT 01:28 PM (EST)

Remember this tid-bit from the Vanuatu Daily Post

Relevant in bold

July 10 - A cute female contestant has been voted off the island. Mele Cascades was closed for a 'private' function to film a survivors challenge 'reward' on Thursday 8th. The winning contestants had a full-on meal supplied to them near the waterfall in which they were swimming with nobody to bother them. The next challenge is being stage today in a pig pen. Presumably contestants have to find something racing around in a dirty smelly pig pen with 'ferocious' wild pigs in order to win a live pig to eat - the last time a pig was killed on Survivors it caused an uproar with animal rights groups. Wonder if they got some film footage of the magnitude 5.7 earthquake that was centred close to Lelepa and Moso, where Survivors are filming on Thursday morning??

According to the ABT ABT
calendar this fits.

ETA:sigpic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
You beat me to it 2Patch, I was heading to get that article and got a phone call here at work, but as soon as I saw that title the bells went off!

2004 A S S
Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

09-22-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
None quicker than BR for picking this up from Chatter.

09-22-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Good work, 2patch.

So with the rumors now of Mia going 4th, she could be the cute female, assuming a regular boot/TC schedule stays in place until then.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
This says a cute female "has been" voted off. Wouldn't that indicate she was voted off in episode three?

09-23-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
It isn't really clear. The post was made on July 10th; the reward challenge was on July 8th. It's possible there was an IC and TC on July 9th, at which the cute girl was booted.

Or it's possible the cute girl was booted earlier since the sentence is unspecific about when she got voted off. It might even refer to Dolly, who is leaving tonight.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
I'm having a hard time reconciling this one with Episode 3's title. Based on the article and "cute girl" spoiler, it makes sense that this episode takes place on July 7, 8, and 9, as it would during a regular "every 3 days" Survivor schedule. However, what does that mean for Ep. 3? What is "double"? "Double Tribal" to me indicates either 2 TC's in a 3-day period, or 2 boots in an episode. Either one of these throws off the calendar, unless "cute" girls go in back-to-back episodes (Mia in Ep. 4 and Julie(?) in Ep. 5). To illustrate better:

Regular Schedule
E1 - June 28 (Day 1)
E1 - June 29 (Day 2)
E1 - June 30 (Day 3) First TC, Brook booted
E2 - July 1 (Day 4)
E2 - July 2 (Day 5)
E2 - July 3 (Day 6) Second TC, Dolly booted
E3 - July 4 (Day 7)
E3 - July 5 (Day 8)
E3 - July 6 (Day 9) Third TC, John K.? booted
E4 - July 7 (Day 10)
E4 - July 8 (Day 11) (Reward per article)
E4 - July 9 (Day 12) Fourth TC, "cute girl" Mia booted
E5 - July 10 (Day 13) Article appears in paper

I have to say, I'm skeptical that news would travel that fast about Mia to make the deadline for the 7/10 paper, but it definitely could about Dolly.

However, if the "not every 3 days" twist is revealed in Ep.3, but with single boots in each episode:
E1 - June 28-30 (Day 1-3) Brook booted
E2 - July 1-3 (Day 4-6) Dolly booted
E3 - July 4 or July 4-5 (Day 7 or 7-8) John K. booted
E4 - July 5-6 or July 6 (Day 8-9 or 9) Mia booted
E5 - July 7-9 (Day 10-12) Reward from article would occur here.

This makes more sense for news of Mia's boot reaching the paper, but less sense regarding the RC spoiler, unless the Reward mentioned in the E4 title has less to do with extravagance and more to do with something the Survivors really need.

You know what would work, though? This:

E1 - June 28-30 (Day 1-3) Brook booted
E2 - July 1-3 (Day 4-6) Dolly booted
E3 - July 4-6 (Day 7-9) 2 TCs in 3 days AND in the episode--John K. and Mia booted
E4 - July 7-9 (Day 10-12) Reward occurs on July 8 per article & Mia's boot announced from 3 days prior.

After tonight's episode we'll have a better sense of all this, though.

Fester

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Could episode 3 be a continued episode with the second boot occurring in episode 4 and the reward is that the winner of the challenge in episode 3 had immunity again?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

09-23-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Snewser says that Ep 3 is "sneaky", and I agree -- what does "Double Tribal, Double Trouble" mean, if not two TC's and two boots?

Watch for some reference to a "shocking development that takes the castaways off-guard" in tonight's preview.

I tend to think the cute girl must have been booted before July 9th, just because of the way the item is written. It's dated July 10th. Would it start with an event that happened yesterday (July 9th), go back one more day to July 8th, and then talk about what is happening today (July 10th)?

It would make more sense that the events are talked about chronologically: the cute girl was booted some time before the 8th, then the Reward happened on the 8th, now they are setting up for a pigpen challenge on the 10th.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-23-04, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Jiffy's Injury?"
I can't find the reference to when this happened in the show, but that would throw them for a loop...

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Fester, you got it!!!

This has been confirmed by the previews and CBS misdirectionwith the double boot in Ep. 3

JK and Mia are speculated/spoiled to be the ones gone

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Good work, for a Ravens' fan

09-23-04, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
If it happens the way Fester states above with Dolly booted tonight, then John and Mia booted in episode three, that means they would have had three challenges in a row for immunity.
So they might be saying "About time for a reward", "Finally a reward", "Now that's a reward" or so forth.

09-24-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Cancel what I said above I guess. There may still be a award challenge in episode three if there are two challenges. However immunity is going to work in episode three it does show it happening in one challenge for both teams.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-29-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Forgive me for going out on a limb here ... I'm still a relative "Newbie" at the spoiling. But can we for a moment look at it another way? What do you think of this scenario: We all know a young male will win immunity and many are speculating that he will get to take a female with him, making them both safe from immunity (which opens the boot door for another bowhead to get the boot--Mia). Maybe, the immune couple will get to sleep away for the reward and when they come back next week they each will become tribe leaders and get to pick new tribes. This has happened before ... wasn't it on Amazon?

Scarlett

macamrox 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-29-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail macamrox Click to send private message to macamrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Yes, it DID happen on Amazon. Jenna M and Rocket Scientist Dave picked new tribes.

Interesting thought - If the immune "couple" spends the night away from their tribes and selects "new" tribes, they will not know who was voted out until they return to their camps. Therefore, it is possible that one of the "new" tribes could have 2 less members. This would occur if both booted members were assigned to the same tribe.

09-29-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Now THAT would be some reward wouldn't it.

Certainly would put into perspective this quote: "The winning contestants had a full-on meal supplied to them near the waterfall in which they were swimming with nobody to bother them."

Scarlett now THAT'S Spoiling!!

2 Episodes ahead even!!

09-29-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Scarlett --

We don't know that a "young" male will win immunity. The only conclusions I come to from the vidcaps are that John P and Brady *won't* win, from their long faces post-challenge. Anyone else could pull out the win (though I wouldn't bet on Rory or Travis, personally).

And it doesn't make sense for the reward to be individual, since the challenge is done in two parts. If an individual is to win both reward and immunity, why bother to have a tribal portion of the competition? It's more logical that the tribe that wins the first part (Lopevi) will get a tribal reward, and the male that wins the second part gets immunity.

And in any case, I can't imagine that MB would have two people away selecting new tribes while TC was going on, since, as Macamrox pointed out, they wouldn't know who was being voted out. The person that *wins* immunity has always gotten to cast a vote at the subsequent TC. (Rupert in S7 and Kathy in S8 got immunities only because the other tribes chose to "borrow" them temporarily, and thus they were not present at TC).

09-29-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
BR is it possible that;

The first course is completed to satisfy tribal immunity from TC. Here's my theory.

Jiffy shows both idols. Tribal immunity idol and the individual immunity idol. The teams are told that the course must be completed in a set time or both Yasur and Lopevi go to TC. Obviously they fail. That is why we have all the vidcaps of the surprised faces when they are told this before the challenge starts. The Tribal immunity idol cannot be both individual and tribal, it is one or the other. They fail to win tribal immunity, both tribes go to TC. That leaves one idol, they II. They (the men of Lopevi) then compete fot it. The winner is immuine from TC and as a reward, takes a member of the opposing tribe with him to a reward.

09-29-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
2patch --

The II has to be brought to the challenge by Lopevi, who currently has possession of it. That may be the only reason it is there. We don't know what is under the covered object next to Jeff Probst. Since immunity is individual, it probably is an immunity necklace, or two of them.

And I don't believe there is an "either/or" regarding the tribes going to TC -- they are both going, period, in no uncertain terms. MB has to get rid of 16 people in 38 days and he has a schedule laid out in which to do so.

09-29-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
I'm going to submit to your experience here, and accept the direction you are all pulling. Vols said it as well last week when you guys were spoiling this thing. But. It just doesn't seem very 'Survivor Like' that the tribes are ordered to TC when competing as tribes.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
BR is completely correct here about the timing. Not to mention that I simply cannot imagine your scenario happening. Very creative of you, but not likely in my book.

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
>BR is completely correct here about
>the timing. Not to
>mention that I simply cannot
>imagine your scenario happening.
>Very creative of you, but
>not likely in my book.

I can be creative..

JP: "Here is the twist" Whichever tribe loses reward, gets whats underneath this blanket!

JP: "Until the next tribal council you will live with Rupert, he will not compete in challenges and is immune from your TC votes until further notice;)"

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-29-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
>>The Tribal immunity idol cannot be both individual and tribal, it is one or the other.<<

Not trying to offend, but you seem really hung up on this point.

I don't see why JP & EPMB can't assign whatever value they'd like to whichever prop they choose.

Why couldn't the II that we've seen thus far be assigned to ONE individual this week?

The IIs and INs are only props, they're not endowed with any great significance other than what the producers decide.

And of course, the producers do whatever they'd like. As we've seen in the past, they're not afraid to randomly change things that had previously been carved in stone. (fire is your life in this game, once your torch is out...need I say more?)

09-29-04, 10:44 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
>>>The Tribal immunity idol cannot be both individual and tribal, it is one or the other.<<<

>Not trying to offend, but you
>seem really hung up on
>this point.

You're right I am hung up on it. (Probably will lead to my undoing.)

Although I've watched most episodes since S1, most of you are wiser to the finer points of the game than I am. So I will defer to your collective expertise, but it seems to me that in all prior episodes when competition changed from tribal to individual, so did the idol. This is the only reason why I'm saying the tribal idol cannot represent individual immunity.

Survivor is also fraught with symbolism and especially now with S9, spiritualism holds high value. They hold a 'type' of natural law so to speak. VS could likely speak more to this than I can, but I think you can understand my train of thought.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Here's a crazy thought

Jiffy says here's the twist : "For this challenge, the immunity idol is no more, **removes the bag from the other pole** intead you'll be competing for these (on the pole that everyone assumes is another immunity idol are two necklaces...one hidden behind the other...the two will be revealed at the end of the challenge as another twist). That's right it's individual immunity up for grabs."

your thoughts?

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 4 title: Now That's a Reward"
Agree with this post regarding the way the two tribes end up at TC (did not meet a time limit) and that there is a competition for individual immunity and the winner picks a reward partner from the other tribe (who also gets immunity) It is possible that the winner is a woman and takes John K with her (who wouldn't?) ... and that they will spend time in Ep. 4 on showing the reward couple enjoying the time they have left on the islands (since they'll likely get voted off at the next opportunity )

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Again...am I missing something?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-04 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

Nothing to see here...move on!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

09-30-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
27. "Waterfall reward timeline problem"
Since the twists/challenge are being hyped for the early part of tonight's show, and Jeff Probst says at the challenge: "Both tribes will vote out one member tonight, separate Tribal Councils...," it looks like Ep 3 takes place over the course of one day.

According to the calendar that would be July 4th/Day 7. That doesn't mesh with the Mele Cascades reward occuring on the 8th and also being the reward referred to in Ep 4's title, since three days will have passed in between Ep 3's TC and then.

So either there is something off about the Vanuatu Press' report, or the waterfall reward will occur in Ep 5 at the earliest.

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Waterfall reward timeline problem"
Is that what you read from Festers post # 7?

09-30-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Waterfall reward timeline problem"
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-04 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

I hadn't re-read Fester's post, but yes, he mentions the possibility that the reward from the Vanuatu Press item might not fit here. At the time we didn't know how many days Ep 3 would cover, but now it looks definite that July 8th cannot be covered in Ep 4.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •