The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
We get the blindfolded retrieve-the-puzzle-pieces challenge, yet again. From SFever:

VO: Vanuatu is the toughest Survivor, ever. Last week the women proved their toughness by beating the men. CBS, Thursday, the guys are out for revenge but will their male egos destroy them first?
Lea: Stop you are messing me up!
Travis to John P: You are so dangerous.
VO: Or will the women crumble under the pressure?
Dolly: I'll say it again, this is rough.
VO: You won't believe how this battle ends, don't miss a minute of Survivor: Vanuatu.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo Brownroach 09-17-04 1
   RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo KObrien_fan 09-17-04 2
       RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo Brownroach 09-17-04 3
           RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo JackieHollow 09-17-04 5
               RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo Brownroach 09-17-04 8
 RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo volsfan 09-17-04 4
   RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo PepeLePew13 09-18-04 13
   RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo FreshlySqueezed 09-18-04 21
 RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo KLicK 09-17-04 6
   RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo volsfan 09-17-04 7
       RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo Brownroach 09-17-04 9
       RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo KLicK 09-17-04 10
           RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo Flowerpower 09-17-04 11
 Challenges RC/IC KObrien_fan 09-18-04 12
   RE: Challenges RC/IC Flowerpower 09-18-04 14
   Thoughts on plank RC FesterFan1 09-18-04 15
       RE: Thoughts on plank RC Loree 09-18-04 17
           RE: Thoughts on plank RC spacey 09-22-04 29
               RE: Thoughts on plank RC Brownroach 09-22-04 30
       RE: Thoughts on plank RC KObrien_fan 09-18-04 20
       RE: Thoughts on plank RC FreshlySqueezed 09-18-04 23
   RE: Challenges RC/IC I_Got_Nutn 09-18-04 16
       RE: Challenges RC/IC Flowerpower 09-18-04 18
           RE: Challenges RC/IC PepeLePew13 09-18-04 19
           RE: Challenges RC/IC Loquatrix 09-18-04 24
               RE: Challenges RC/IC FreshlySqueezed 09-18-04 25
               RE: Challenges RC/IC Ra_8secs 09-19-04 26
   RE: Challenges RC/IC FreshlySqueezed 09-18-04 22
 Don't think anyone sits out immunit... lovwigglesworth 09-20-04 27
 Indicator that Dolly is tossed? memacmur 09-20-04 28
   RE: Indicator that Dolly is tossed? katethegreat 09-23-04 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-17-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Looks like Lea is the caller for Lopevi and Scout is the caller for Yasur. Trying to determine which of the women is sitting out...

Other observations -- the women look dejected in Caps 33 and 34. Is this after the puzzle challenge? Mia is wearing the same red top.

For the water challenge, the men are lined up with Old Bunch at one end and the Young Studs at the other. Looks like the tribal division is pretty solid.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
I'm not so sure Scout isn't the one to sit out. Let me look at these a few minutes.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

09-17-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
Whose skirt/leg is at the left of frame in 12-14? That should be the caller.

JackieHollow 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JackieHollow Click to send private message to JackieHollow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
I'm pretty sure that's Lea's leg isn't it? It looks like his shorts.

Jackie

09-17-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-04 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

Oops, you're right. I can't see straight today.

ETA: I actually was looking at caps 17 and 18 originally -- you can see Scout on top of the podium.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

WTH is going on here?

In the bottom pic, looks like someone is trying to catch him...not smart during a balance challenge!

Looks like we have a few clips from both challenges. As great as the men were at the balance beam, I am going to say they lose this challenge. Due to the blurb of the women upset because maggots are on their food...think this might be reward challenge. Then, the men win the blindfold challenge for immunity?

ETA:

Notice the 8 on Brady's (it is Brady isn't it?) arm. Looks like the men all have numbers on their arms for this challenge. I say with the sad look...they do lose!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-04 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

ETA... KOBrien said the same thing below as what I was trying to say here, so disregard my post.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

FreshlySqueezed 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FreshlySqueezed Click to send private message to FreshlySqueezed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
If you notice,in the first shot, the guy with the greenish shorts is on this close end....then next, he's over on the far platform and the next guy (stripe on shorts) is now on the end.

He's also got his feet intertwines with the others.

Looks to me like they have to make their way past the others standing on the beam to get to the platform. Hence the reason the guy in the dk. green shorts is no longer on the close end, but on the far platform and why the guy in the stripes is facing the others and starting to step between their feet!

It also stands to reason that the older bigger guys are at the end closest to the platform as they will not have so many people to "scoot past"

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"

Here's the Immunity Idol on it's way. Notice Scout in ball cap.

In the "Scout Celebrates" shot, she's wearing a cowboy hat.

Is there any way to tell which challenge is for reward and which is for immunity?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

Well, from these vid caps:

I say the blindfold challenge is for immunity and ladies lose. Isn't the woman in the red shirt the same person? Please someone help with name.

Also,

The balance beam thingy is for reward. The men lose. As I mentioned in my previous post, some of the men have numbers on their shoulders during this challenge and I think the Brady pic shows they lose reward.

ETA:

This is after the balance beam thing:

Also, you answered your own question with the hat thing...Scout is in the pic with II with the baseball hat on. So, the cowboy hat has to be the reward!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

09-17-04, 06:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 06:21 PM (EST)

I think you've got it right, vols. The woman in the red top is Mia.

Scout must be the reward challenge sit-out then (celebration shot -- she doesn't look wet).

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"

>Also, you answered your own question
>with the hat thing...Scout is
>in the pic with II
>with the baseball hat on.
>So, the cowboy hat has
>to be the reward!

D'oh.

Notice that on the beam, Chad is number five and is fifth from the right. However, in other pictures, the numbers are out of order (with #7 on the end when he falls).

Could the challenge be more of a puzzle? Maybe they have to rearrange the order by changing places. A fall might mean they start again?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 2 Challenge Caps/Web Promo"
Yes, KLick, I think you may be right regarding the beam over water challenge, the RC. I think they are randomly arranged on the beam and have to perhaps organize themselves without falling in or knocking someone else off. Gee, and I thought Survivor was'nt about balance!

09-18-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Challenges RC/IC"
We definately have 2 challenges in this small clip.

Piecing together what others have said and after looking at the pics more, here is what I have come up with.

Reward Challenge
Is the balance beam over water, but it appears that the beam is above a platform, so I am not sure if the challenge is a 2 stage task or that the lower platform is merely what you must stand on after you get eliminated.

They did have a similar challenge during Survivor Borneo, "Walk The Plank". The players had to stand on a narrow beam above the water, the last one standing won.

Caps from this challenge:
1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

We have seen numbers on the men, Brady in caps 1 and 2 is 8, Chad in cap 4 is 5, and John K in cap 6 is 7. We also see from a clip taken from the intro caps the picture of Ami in cap 3 shows a number on her arm (4?). Note that she looks happy and dry at this point.

So on the beam at the start of the challenge in cap 4 from right to left in the picture we can discern the numbering order for the men is:
1. Chris 2. Rory 3. Bubba 4. Lea 5. Chad 6. JP 7. John K 8. Brady

I don't think it is a puzzle at all, and I don't think they have to rearrange themselves, I think they just have to stand there and not fall off.

Brady appears to be the first man to get wet. He has the long dark green shorts and is seen in caps 6, 7, 8 on the lower platform standing and looking on as John K falls into the water.

It also seems that the men may start higher above the water than the ladies. At the point when John K is falling into the water, I see 3 sets of ladies legs standing on the lower part of their structure. It looks like the men may blow another lead here in this challenge. We can see a happy Scout with arms raised in victory in cap 5.

So putting it together with SeeBS misdirection-
One Survivor tries to take advantage of tensions between two tribemates after a loss at the Reward Challenge

At the point the men had the lead, Brady and John K are out so most likely the misdirection doesn't include them. Of the remaining players on the beam- Chris, Rory, Bubba, Lea, and Chad- Chris, Bubba, Lea, and Rory are all capable of manipulating others and being pot stirrers.

Immunity Challenge
Evidence that this is IC is caps 23 and 24 on the original post above showing Mia and Scout walking in with the II and Scout has a baseball hat not the same hat she wore in the RC.

The immunity challenge looks to be similar to the "Blind Leading the Blind" challenge from All Stars.

I'll write more about the IC later.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

09-18-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
I don't think it is a puzzle at all, and I don't think they have to rearrange themselves, I think they just have to stand there and not fall off.

All great deductions in your post, KO. I just have one problem. If they did'nt have to rearrange themselves or reorganize themselves in some way, then why would they need the numbers on their arms?

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Thoughts on plank RC"
One possibility for this challenge, based on the numbers and cap 4 above, is that the tribes line up on the plank with '1' closest to the finish platform and '8' closest to the start platform. The tribe then has to manage to get their members across the beam, but in reverse numerical order, meaning that '8' has to hit the finish platform first, then '7', then '6', etc., with '1' being the final person to get on the finish platform.

Based on the way Lopevi is lined up, they clearly are treating Chris as the weak link again, with Brady (#8) as the strongest. In cap 7, you see Brady already on the finish platform, while John K. (#7) is being helped to the finish. When he gets to Travis (#3), he falls in. He will likely have to swim back to the end and start again.

Scout is clearly sitting this one out, as she doesn't have a number on her arm. So she is cheering from the beach after Yasur wins. Her sitting out the RC means that someone else in Yasur is sitting out the IC.

Fester

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thoughts on plank RC"
If both the men and women have numbers. Maybe each player has to outlast their counterpart on the opposite team. If you are number 4 you only have to stay on the beam longer than number 4 on the other tribe. I don't know. But they must have the numbers for a reason.

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Thoughts on plank RC"
I absolutely agree with your idea. I have been thinking about this idea for a while. By having to only Outlast the person who has the same number as you it gives everyone an equal chance to succeed or lose. This way weaker players can't just jump off and let the stronger players play without possibly costing their team the win. Everyone has to give it 100%. It throws a whole new twist to the balance game. I also think this challenge is the IC challenge, why else would they sit out their weakest player Scout. I would rather win the IC than the RC so the IC is the one I would have Scout sit out.

Hope this made sense.

09-22-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Thoughts on plank RC"
There's a cap of the women carrying the II, wearing the same clothes as at the puzzle challenge (Scout has on a baseball cap, not the brimmed hat she has on at the water challenge). So the beam challenge is the RC.

It seems there would be a reason for the numbers, but I don't think this theory is correct. If the point is to get farther than your like-numbered opponent, and they are going in reverse order, John K would be up against the woman who is going second. But in the shot of John K falling in the water there are at least three women already across the beam.

09-18-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Thoughts on plank RC"
That makes sense, it also had seemed odd that Brady was "hugging" JK, but really he was trying to get by him. So they start as 8-1 and 8 has to get by all the others. It also makes sense that is what the other platform is for. So at the time JK falls in the water, the girls have 3 people on the lower platform and are actually ahead of the guys.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

09-18-04, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FreshlySqueezed Click to send private message to FreshlySqueezed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Thoughts on plank RC"
doh!!!! guess i should read all posts before putting in my 2 cents!!!

I absolutely agree with your synopsis!

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-04 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

My take.
From this pic

It looks like the men are on the beam 1 thru 8.
Since we see Brady has 8, JP? 7, Chad 5
I think they have to remove themselves from the beam in reverse order 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
From this pic

We see JP/JK, ok number 7, falling in with Brady on the lower platform (completed). We also see at least 3 women on their lower platform.
Things don't look good for the men in RC.

In the IC it looks like they are tied together in pairs.

What will the men do with their odd man out?
ETA: Never mind.

Yeah, It's a JSlice
"The game of Survivor is not about balance" --Chris

09-18-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
Great Fester and Nut'n: I like that scenario. I, too, think that they have to line up 1-8 and the far man out, Brady, number 8, has to get past each guy to the other platform. If one or more fall in they have to start all over. This sounds right to me. And also it would make sense to put Chris, as number one, who has no one left to manuever by.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
If this is the way it's going to go down, then the guys are in real trouble -- they've got to get around the rather ample belly belonging to Chris.

It's a lot easier to avoid Lisa's bosom (being higher) than it is to avoid Chris's belly (being lower-centered)

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-04, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
And also it would make sense to put Chris, as number one, who has no one left to manuever by.

Which makes it the more interesting, because the tribes are given the opportunity to line people up in the order THEY choose, rather than being given random numbers by the production.

Clearly, Chris and balance beams don't mix, so he's a pretty obvious choice to put into the lineup in a place where he can do the least damage himself. However, that then means that all 7 of the other guys have to negotiate their way around him, and it's no easy feat to remain balanced while in a bear hug with someone who is about as balanced as Fox News.

Assuming the tribes do select the order themselves and the principle they apply is "Lowest numbers are given to the most useless people," it's interesting to see Chad being given somewhat of a vote of confidence from his tribe.

09-18-04, 08:24 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
yes it is rather nice seeing Chad get the vote of confidence!! since everyone has to get past Chris, you'd think he'd be in #8, so he can get past them all and get off that beam! he would still have to pass them all the same amount of times, but his time on the beam would be a whole lot shorter!

Or maybe they figure as long as *he* stood still, the others could manoeuver around him well enough!

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
"as balanced as Fox News" ?????

Surely you meant CBS news.

09-18-04, 07:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Challenges RC/IC"
couldn't their set ups be mirror images of each other. the men have the beam, then the platform on the right of it. The women have the beam and their platform on the left.

This way, it shows that the women have 3 on the platform compared to the men having 1.

Also i stated in an earlier post. I think the whole idea of the challenge is to move yourself along the balance beam past the rest of your teammates, to get to the platform. Hence the reason #8 brady is already on the platform and #7 is trying to step in between #6's feet!

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Don't think anyone sits out immunity"
They are tied in pairs or in one case three.
I see Chris, Rory and Chad.
Far in the background of that pic I can see Leann and Twila together (also Mia's pink shirt)
Mia is tied to Eliza we see (or Julie, they look alike).
We see Lisa with I think Dolly because of the dark "boy-cut" bikini bottoms.
Scout would be the caller.
That leaves Ami and Julie as the last girl pair but I don't see them in any pics.
We do see John and Travis together.
We see Brady and what is most likely John K's shoe.
Lea is the caller.

So I conclude no one sits out.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Indicator that Dolly is tossed?"
Given that she is already widely beleived to be the next one voted out, and going with previously posted analysis that seems to support the women going to TC:

Does anyone else think the clip of Dolly saying "I'll say it again, this is rough" possibly point to her getting the boot as a weak tribemate who is struggling too much to keep around? She seems (with limited editting) to fit in well with the older ladies, but a determined tribe might choose to vote out the weakest link and risk the numbers game for a better chance at winning immunity....

That clip jumped out at me, but maybe just because of all the previous posts leaning towards a Dolly boot.

MEmacmur

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-04, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Indicator that Dolly is tossed?"
I agree. I have seen a couple of references to some of the girls struggling with the conditions (at least twice in the Insider clips), which leads me to believe we'll see a "mercy" boot. Which is common for the first boot in a tribe. A few people always underestimate how hard it is out there . . .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •