The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-04, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 10:58 PM (EST)

Next time, on Survivor....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... samboohoo 09-16-04 1
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... MattyMax 09-17-04 2
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... nicholas 09-17-04 3
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... SurvivorBlows 09-17-04 4
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... tribephyl 09-17-04 5
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... redbeard103152 09-17-04 6
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... pmspml5 09-17-04 7
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... volsfan 09-17-04 8
               RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Capn2patch 09-18-04 13
                   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... aethelstan 09-20-04 18
                       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Brownroach 09-20-04 19
                           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Capn2patch 09-21-04 24
 CBS Website Teasers emydi 09-17-04 9
   RE: CBS Website Teasers pmspml5 09-17-04 10
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Brownroach 09-17-04 11
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... bondt007 09-20-04 14
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... Brownroach 09-20-04 15
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episo... bondt007 09-20-04 17
 Broken image links SurvivorBlows 09-17-04 12
   RE: Broken image links VerucaSalt 09-20-04 16
       RE: Broken image links Flowerpower 09-21-04 20
           RE: Broken image links VerucaSalt 09-21-04 21
           RE: Broken image links KObrien_fan 09-21-04 22
               RE: Broken image links Flowerpower 09-21-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
What's with the women (Dolly & Mia) and the jewelry? You're going on Freaking Survivor -- Leave that crap at home.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
Voice over:

Voice Over

JP: Next time on Survivor, lines are drawn at Lopevi
Travis: You are so friggin dangerous, man.
John P: Who else is a threat.
JP: At Yasur, things are bleak.
Leann: It's so miserable.
Dolly: *cries*
Mia: *cries*
Eliza: Being here is like being in prison.
JP: And Rory gets mad.
Rory: <to Lea> That was nonsense, that was classless
Lea: I just think you know.
Rory: Show some class.

So who's featured? Rory, and the girls, specifically Dolly, Leanna nd Ami. Considering that Lea voted with the majority, I think he's safe next week, but the other people..

Maybe it's just because we heard that dolly was gonna get the boot, but it seemed like she was edited in pretty heavily. they had a few clear face shots of her. hehe, ami is snuggling into dolly.

nicholas 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicholas Click to send private message to nicholas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
after seeing the previews, im starting to understand why dolly might go next week. maybe she didn't handle the elements well out there. sure she's a sheepherder and sure that she's used to hardships in life but survivor is still diferent.

09-17-04, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 02:32 AM (EST)

>after seeing the previews, im starting to understand why dolly might
>go next week. maybe she didn't handle the elements well
>out there. sure she's a sheepherder and sure that she's
>used to hardships in life but survivor is still diferent.

Let's remember that she's not exactly a "career" sheepherder -- I mean according to the bio CBS releaed, she only took over the farm after her granddad bought the farm... er, I mean, died, in November 2003:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/person.php?p=117

She was probably a sheepherder for all of about maybe seven months by the time she left the farm for filming. She might never even have done a sheep shearing in that time -- that's why I personally found her comments about the pig killing so insincere.

Based on her bio, she also might start turning into a bible thumper, and I can easily envision several of the outspoken less religious women getting tired of it... quickly

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
JP: Next time on Survivor, lines are drawn at Lopevi
Travis: You are so friggin dangerous, man.
John P: Who else is a threat.

I think that JohnP is having a conversation with Bubba to see where he sides. Unfortunately, Travis calls out JohnP on his "danger level", which prompts JohnP to ask who else is "dangerous". Thereby setting up the sides for a future TC. But we could already tell it was going to be the young studs against the old bunch.

JP: At Yasur, things are bleak.
Leann: It's so miserable.
Dolly: *cries*
Mia: *cries*
Eliza: Being here is like being in prison.

I think Dolly may have a breakdown which prompts her to ask to be voted off. It probably won't stop the "bowheads" from voting for Twila or Scout. But, I bet Ami follows through with her promise and Dolly is sent packing.
Oh wait. I'm supposed to be defending Dolly. Dernnit!
Either way the women should be a little bit happier, after winning the immunity. Which makes me think that they probably don't win the next immunity. They most likely don't win the RC either. (if there is one)

Rory: <to Lea> That was nonsense, that was classless
Lea: I just think you know.
As in, I think you know who voted for you.
Rory: Show some class.

The thing about this sequence is that Rory is not mad at Lea, but moreso mad at whoever gave him a vote at the last TC. I wonder if anyone has copped to it yet though. My guess is this convo happens the morning after TribalCouncil.

Whereas in the womens caps, the women have probably already lost the IC. Probably the RC as well.
Because really, how miserable can you be after just winning a challenge.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
The ABC is here!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-17-04, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
Quote: "The thing about this sequence is that Rory is not mad at Lea, but moreso mad at whoever gave him a vote at the last TC." I think this sequence of happenings solidifies the young vs old division amoung Lopevi. By voting against Rory and by showing his physicial abilities in climbing the pole Brady did nothing but put a target on his back for the older tribe members.RedBeard

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-04, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
I agree - in yesterdays live show - JP hints to something Brady did that "makes or brakes" someone. I think it was voting for Rory. Not only does he get the young crowd made for not voting off Chris - but he managed in one swoop to get the old crowd mad because he voted for Rory. I think he may be the next one gone on the mens side.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

I have seen you post this response two times...how do you know that Brady was in on any discussion with Jonh K. and Brook? To my best memory...Brady was shown in a confessional that he was thinking of voting off Rory. John K. and Brook are shown discussing and deciding to vote out Chris. Even if Brady was privy to the info...John K. has just as much a target on his back (from the old crowd) for voting Chris.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-04, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
Vols I agree that any of the younger group are fair game in the next TC, but as PMS points out, Brady voted for Rory. Bear with me for a second. We never saw Brady confer with JohnK so you're probably right in saying Brady didn't know who the younger guys we're voting (maybe he did, doesn't matter). But I think he knew that Brook was the target of Lea and the other 4. Enough to get Brook out without his vote, and he wanted to send Rory a message. How he deals with his alliance mates by maybe admitting that his was Rory's vote, will be the foundation for his demise. The FBI profiler will make a fatal tactical error.

Here's the quote: "put in a place to either make or break a situation that has a direct result on how he does on the show"

It's a classic case of misdirection. Lea & Rory are shown apparently in conflict, but as Tribe points out I don't think they are. Look at it this way as I paraphrase.

Voice over with paraphrase in italics.

Rory: Who in our group put in a vote against me? There were supposed to be 6 votes against Brook. One of us took a shot at me. I want to know who it is!
Lea: We'll weed out the rat.

Rory: <to Lea> That was nonsense, that was classless.
Lea: I just think you know. As in, I think you know who voted for you.
Rory: Show some class. {referring to Brady}

Whoever said it first, I agree that Brady will likely be the next male voted out. Rory doesn't look like the forgiving type.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-20-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
I like the way you've added very likely (imo) context to the misdirection, Capn. I can totally see that convo happening. I wonder too if some words are deleted in the promo like. "I want him to show some class" or the like.

I also agree that Brady has dug his own grave, though they could still knock off one of the John's first, esp. considering that if and when they go back to TC, it is because they lost immunity. If that is sooner, rather than later, then the 'old bunch' or 'les vieux peperes' will want to keep the tribe strong so as to go into the merge as close to even as possible and Brook is more likely to be a tribe challenge asset then, say, JK.

©Forged by RollDdice, 2004

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
I don't think the oldsters care what order they vote off the youngsters. They just want them all gone. The choice of Brook to go first seemed arbitrary.

I don't think they're going to base their vote on that so-and-so will help the tribe in challenges more and should be kept longer. And anyway, John K, John P and Brady are all pretty equal in that regard.

It's more likely that the order will be determined by some arbitrary means. If it's known that Brady cast the vote against Rory, I think that will be enough of a reason to kick him out next.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-21-04, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
>It's more likely that the order
>will be determined by some
>arbitrary means. If it's
>known that Brady cast the
>vote against Rory, I think
>that will be enough of
>a reason to kick him
>out next.

AGREED.

HEHEHE "les vieux peperes"

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "CBS Website Teasers"
I thought I'd put this here instead of a new thread...I can't recall when does the CBS Web preview usually come out on Friday???

A tribe deals with very grim conditions as one castaway has a tearful meltdown after finding maggots in the tribe's food.

Ok, this is Mia and Dolly

A wild chicken wanders into the Yasur camp and sends the hungry tribe into a frenzy as they try to catch the chicken with a machete.

Oh NO!! PETA will their hands full all season!!!

And is there any vegetarians--remember that classic Alicia quote??

"Enough with the *&^%$ chickens"

One Survivor tries to take advantage of tensions between two tribemates after a loss at the Reward Challenge.

Hmmmm, taking advantage sounds masculine doesn't it

Two castaways think they are the swing vote, leading to a very unpredictable Tribal Council.

It "appears" that the women lose the IC next week. Could these two be Ami and ??? Dolly???

The burly girl workers--Leanne, Twila, Scout

The bowheads--Eliza (queen bowhead), Mia, Lisa (elder bowhead wanna be-she has the boobs, right?)

Not sure: Julie, Ami, Dolly

I'd probably put Ami in the burly girl category and Dolly as a sheperdess bowhead and Julie probably a bowhead that works the most. Ami is seen comforting Dolly, so like others said, Dolly may ask to be voted off and Ami may agree.

Ami is def. one of the swing votes, is Julie the other??

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

WOOHOO!!!Spoiling is back!!!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Website Teasers"
One Survivor tries to take advantage of tensions between two tribemates after a loss at the Reward Challenge.

I think this has Rory/Brady written all over it with Chris being the instigator.

09-17-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
Well, OFG theory works for a Dolly boot:

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
But BR - they show Mia as well in this shot, AND Mia had more confession time in E 1. Are we more sure of a Dolly boot than a Mia boot(if it's, say, between the two)?

posting forever despite my DAWness

09-20-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"
Mickey Knocks, who was the first to post that Brook was boot 1, went on record at the same time with Dolly as boot 2. That's the reason I was pointing it out. But OFG theory works for a number of contestants this week.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor Vanuatu Episode 2 Preview"

Thanks BR - I do know about the arrow pointing to Dolly via Knocks, however, I simply want to throw some shadow on it in someway, if I can, based on other historical trends.
Dolly still doesn't make a lot of since right now - but - they don't always make since.

The V Salt post below, however, could be very telling...

posting forever despite my DAWness

09-17-04, 10:56 PM (EST)
12. "Broken image links"
Sorry folks, the image server crashed early this morning and I've spent all day trying to work with the hosting company to get it back working -- in the meantime, now that I'm back home and have access to the original images that were on my home computer, I've re-uploaded the images to another server and updated the posting....

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-20-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Broken image links"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-04 AT 03:50 PM (EST)

Just something on the Dolly front. Normally we tend to see someone go first if they are either obnoxious or outcasts of some sort or if they are sick or what have you. Now at the onset, Twilla was someone who I would figure would have a problem in that Deb type of way but in contrast to the younger people having an upper hand, we are being shown that perhaps the older people won't subscribe to this. OFG theory aside (though I always enjoy seeing that come up every season) if the women have to sit someone out for IC and we know Scout sits out for reward who would we sit out for IC?

The above picture if you squint and look over to the left where the bench is there is a green shirted girl that may be Dolly (and I didn't see Dolly in the challenge caps) I don't know why she would be sitting there placidly if she were calling out instructions. Dolly isn't who I would suspect would have been sitting out (though I really can't say who would be picked to sit out or how they are doing it) It is conceivable though that perhaps our little lamb is sitting out because she is not doing well physically. In all honesty, on the surface, Dolly would not be my first pick to sit out of a challenge for immunity.

ETA with the Rory/Lea situation. It may be possible that this argument is simply a "spat" that occurred after the blindfold challenge. Lea and Rory appear to be wearing the same clothing in both the confrontation and the challenge. Mark Burnett is frustratingly famous for his misdirection. Anyone watching the previews may simply see this exchange and jump to conclusions that this will result in fireworks the men's camp because somehow Rory and Lea had some issue (perhaps resulting in an immunity loss and gearing up for Tribal Council). The shot of Lea shouting during the IC is very militant and I wouldn't hesitate to think that Rory may have left the challenge (despite a win) being extremely angry at the way Lea directed his troop in the challenge. He may have, in fact, uttered something or behaved "classless" The mere fact they won is only something we are deducing; it is certainly NOT displayed in the previews. What is shown is a very militant Lea at the challenge and a very angry Rory after. Assumptions that they lost and are now arguing due to frustration of going to TC could be made. This IS misdirection after all

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Broken image links"
VS: You make two very good arguments regarding Episode 2. There are two women, however, wearing green shirts. Both Dolly and Ami have on green shirts. Can anyone blow that picture up and zoom in on the green shirted lady on the bench?

My take is that it is indeed, our little lamb, Dolly.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-21-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Broken image links"
I would love to see a blow up also FP It "appeared" that this person's green shirt may be off the shoulders and I think Dolly's is also but not Ami's but someone can clarify that!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Broken image links"
I don't have it here with me at work, but I do have a better picture which clearly shows that it is Dolly who is sitting out and Scout is the Caller for Yasur. Will be posting it in my SOTS tonight around 5:30pm EST.

2004 A S S
Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Broken image links"
Thanks, KO, you're the best!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •