The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More cast photos from SFever"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"More cast photos from SFever"
All are captioned "First Episode".

http://www.survivorfever.net/s9_cast_photo_gallery.html

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: More cast photos from SFever Brownroach 08-27-04 1
   RE: More cast photos from SFever caveman 08-27-04 2
       RE: More cast photos from SFever caveman 08-27-04 3
       RE: More cast photos from SFever Brownroach 08-27-04 4
           RE: More cast photos from SFever Scarlett O Hara 08-27-04 5
               RE: More cast photos from SFever volsfan 08-27-04 6
               RE: More cast photos from SFever caveman 08-27-04 7
               RE: More cast photos from SFever I_Brake4Survivors 08-28-04 22
           RE: More cast photos from SFever Flowerpower 08-27-04 8
               RE: More cast photos from SFever Brownroach 08-27-04 9
                   RE: More cast photos from SFever Flowerpower 08-27-04 10
                       RE: More cast photos from SFever KObrien_fan 08-27-04 15
                           RE: More cast photos from SFever PepeLePew13 08-27-04 17
 Two things volsfan 08-27-04 11
   RE: Two things Brownroach 08-27-04 12
       RE: Two things Flowerpower 08-27-04 13
           RE: Two things volsfan 08-27-04 14
               RE: Two things JazzyJax 08-31-04 34
                   RE: Two things Capn2patch 08-31-04 36
                       RE: Two things Brownroach 08-31-04 37
                           RE: Two things Capn2patch 08-31-04 38
                               RE: Two things JazzyJax 08-31-04 39
 RE: More cast photos from SFever MattyMax 08-27-04 16
   RE: More cast photos from SFever Capn2patch 08-28-04 18
       RE: More cast photos from SFever MattyMax 08-28-04 19
           RE: More cast photos from SFever Capn2patch 09-02-04 42
               RE: More cast photos from SFever MattyMax 09-02-04 46
 Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? tribephyl 08-28-04 20
   RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? Flowerpower 08-28-04 21
       RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? LeftPinky 08-28-04 25
   RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? MattyMax 08-28-04 24
   DAMMIT TRIBE! volsfan 08-28-04 26
   Decoy Tiki? KObrien_fan 08-29-04 27
   RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? Capn2patch 08-30-04 30
       RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? Flowerpower 08-30-04 31
           RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? PepeLePew13 08-30-04 32
               RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? MattyMax 09-01-04 41
                   RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? Brownroach 09-02-04 44
                       RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? FesterFan1 09-02-04 45
       RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? udg 08-31-04 33
           RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki? JazzyJax 08-31-04 35
 A few thoughts Capn2patch 08-28-04 23
   RE: A few thoughts Magic Fingers 08-29-04 28
       RE: A few thoughts Flowerpower 08-29-04 29
           RE: A few thoughts caveman 08-31-04 40
               RE: A few thoughts Dragonomine 09-02-04 43
                   Another idea Rebel Crown 09-03-04 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-27-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Some observations:

They are not told at the start that they are being segregated by gender, since they row off in mixed-gender boats of three.

Rory is not seen interacting with the men in any of the camp shots. Even the solo shot of him doesn't look like it's taken at the campsite.

Lisa and Dolly smiling and laughing -- makings of a "Christian" alliance?

Cap 26 -- John K and Brook pointing accusatory fingers at someone? It looks like there could be an argument going on -- Brady looks vaguely pissed and Chad looks uncomfortable.

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-27-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Great photos, but each of them can be deceiving. Looks like they are trying to suggest some early alliances. I also see at least three serious sunburn candidates on the men's team. Travis is shown standing in the shade and watching other's work in most of his shots, so maybe he's the subject of discussion in clip 36.

Both men and women are twineless and tarpless on day one so the box of supplies is clearly a reward and I'm still guessing the women get that reward.

Caveman

08-27-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
One more thought. I see Brady and Skinny John being early allies and in none of these photos do I see either of them chumming with Travis or John P. In photo 38 John's body language says he's not impressed with Travis.

I'm going out on a limb early with a prediction that Brady is the pivot man at the core of the early friendships and that both Travis and John P. are going to be the guys looking in from outside of the circles.

Caveman

08-27-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Someone can correct me if my memory is faulty, but I think in at least one installment, the first challenge was for both immunity and a reward. So it's possible the crate is given out after the first challenge.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-27-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Pardon me if this is old news... I haven't been around for a few weeks, but it sure looks like the men and women are in separate camps again doesn't it?

Scarlett

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Yes Scarlett they are divided into male/female tribes to begin with!

BR, I agree with you, seems like their was a reward/immunity challenge in one of the first episodes.

Anyone have that link to the challenges that someone put online during All Stars? The one where we could check to see what challenge from which season of Survivor?.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

08-27-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Scarlett

I hope you went someplace nice! Yes, you are correct. The players are split into two tribes by gender. Should be pretty interesting. Of course it means they have to come up with challenges that don't favor strength or speed. Probably a lot of challenges based on endurance, agility, markmanship and mental stuff.

One twist I thought might make it interesting is as follows: Reward challenges are tribe vs, tribe, but for immunity, the men compete from day one against other men in their tribe for individual immunity and the women compete separately against women for individual immunity. Both tribes go to tribal counsels every fourth night until the numbers are reduced to 5 women and 5 men. With 18 players that still comes out to 39 days on the islands.

Caveman

I_Brake4Survivors 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-28-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Brake4Survivors Click to send private message to I_Brake4Survivors Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Do the camp surroundings/backrounds look alike? Maybe their
next to each other this time.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Thanks for bringing these vidcaps over, BR, and you are correct. I think that in episode one the immunity and reward challenges are one combined challenge.

Now, I've got some pure speculation from these pics:
1. Looks as though there are more than a few alpha male types on this tribe....that's a given, but who will be vying for the lead alpha among them? Judging just by these pics, I'll bet that the FBI agent, David (Brady) Finta, emerges as the leader....it looks as though the young John K is vying for the position pretty forcefully too. I'll predict he's a bit too vocal at first and may get on everyone else's nerves pretty quickly.
2. It looks as though the alpha drill sargeant, Lea, is keeping his mouth, for the time being anyway!
3. Yes, I'd say Rory looks as though he is laying low.
4. The workers seem to be John P., Lea, Brook, John K., Chris and Chad.
5.Has anyone else noticed that they all seem to look alike this go round....John P, David Brady Finta, and John K. all sort of look alike as does Travis, Chris and Lea...maybe it's just me.
6.Notice in Clips 5 and 6, when there are natives in the background for both, I'm assuming that this takes place in the beginning at the same spot/time. Notice that the men are grouped together and they are all seated off of the ground, while the women, who are also seated together are all on the ground...the men are higher than the women, above them, superior too....must be some ANCIENT custum related to Vanuatu. This will create animosity toward the men from most of the alpha females here, and should bond them together into a more cohesive group/tribe.
7.Dolly is in quite a few clips, hmmmmm?
8. Leanne Needles seems to be holding back from the group.
9. Lisa Keifer appears quite shallow from her stances and poses...remember this is all an opinion from just these few clips, and btw, they sure look like fake boobs to me!
10. Does anyone else think that Twila looks like Loretta Lynn?
She does'nt look like she has much in common with any of the others.....too bad Travis is'nt on her team.

Just pure speculation....

08-27-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Notice that the men are grouped together and they are all seated off of the ground, while the women, who are also seated together are all on the ground...the men are higher than the women, above them, superior too....must be some ANCIENT custum related to Vanuatu.

Good catch, fp! That must have something to do with the tradition of "the men lead, the women follow" that Jeff Probst hinted would come into play.

08-27-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Yes, BR, if they use that theme throughout the beginning of the game, then that would get really old quickly with the liberated alpha females of the YASUR tribe. I think it would serve to make them a more cohesive group less likely to mesh with the men when the two tribes merge. I think this would make the women allign more tightly together, perhaps to the end....we'll see.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
And just the women's tribal name bows to the men...
Yasur = Yes Sir!

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Or "Ya Sure" as in scoffing at the men's attempts to establish their masculinity or 'power' over the ladies...

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

08-27-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Two things"
Well, the men have a machete as can be seen in pic #12. Looks like Chad is taking it from someone.

Also, I hope we don't have to look at the damn Bob Barker T-shirt that Bubba is wearing for too long! That could get as old as Rupert's shirt.

Yes, a few of the men do look alot alike!

08-27-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Two things"
The women have one too:

I thought there was an article where JP that said each tribe was given a machete and a pot and that was all. I'll see if I can find it.

08-27-04, 06:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Two things"
Yes, Once again, you are correct, BR. I know that I heard him say on the Regis and Kelly Show that each tribe was given one machete and a pot, and no food.

08-27-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Two things"
That is what the All Stars got as well...wasn't it?

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-31-04, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Two things"
Have they always gotten canteens as well?

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-31-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Two things"
I believe this shot is taken when they are initially formed as tribes. Notice no one has their buffs yet. Odd that they would be assigned a canteen before all that would take place.

08-31-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Two things"
The canteens wouldn't be designed with tribal affiliations, since each person keeps the same one all the way through the show. They must have been given the canteens on the boat -- if you look at the caps of them being rowed away in threes, they already have them.

08-31-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Two things"
Would be interesting to know what MORE happens on the boat. Other than being left to fend for themselves it is not usual to be assigned anything other than after they arrive at camp. I also notice that they have their packs with them.

08-31-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Two things"
They seem to have alot more clothes than usual, and alot more accessories as well. I think I've seen Ami in four different outfits already, so much for suffering, lol

Maybe it IS a setup for a aborigine "attack" later, we shall see with more vidcaps soon. 16 days to go!

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
These shots seem to be in chronological order. First arrive, then split into camps, then build homes. But, the last four shots we see the men seriously discussing stuff. there are no comperable shots of the women.

Classic survivor editing highlights strategy during the period after the IC and before TC. The winning tribe is usually just ignored in their celebrations, and hte audience watches the losing tribe bicker and scramble.

Not one of the men is smiling in these last shots. In fact, they seem slightly irritated. I think these final four shots correspond to the final 15 minutes of the episode.

Men lose ep. 1.

MM

08-28-04, 01:43 AM (EST)
18. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Matty, from the challenge vidcaps, here's one

where it shows they get some dirty. Granted it's only mud, but mud still stains.

Cap 33 may be post competition. Compare the brightness of the yellow buff with cap 17.

I'm pretty sure they've jumbled the bag. See cap 34 with Lisa & Scout building camp.

Cap 20. doing same thing.

08-28-04, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
I think you have two good points, cap'n.

First, that the stills are jumbled, as pointed out by the double Scout shots.

Second, that some of the shots may be taken POST CHALLENGE, because of the mud. I think this is really interesting and I want to look further into it, but not right now.

Still I think I have a point, These shots are stills from the to-be-aired episode. Every minute they show on tv is chosen for a reason, especially in the first episode.

The clips we've seen have all been intergral to the 'plot': there's the arrival, the division into tribes, the building of shelter and the challenge. We've seen very few scenes around camp where they're not being productive. For the women, we see Lisa and the Shepardess hugging, and I think we've also seen a couple of shots of Eliza laughing or something. It's as if they're portraying the tribe as harmonious.

But for the men, we get these shots of them debating something. What would they be debating? It's the first episode, they'd only show it to us if it has a direct impact upon the raw dynamics of the show. Perhaps they're discussing the shelter, but they're not holding or doing anything in these last pics. From the expressions and body language, they seem to be talking about something slightly unpleasant, quite possibly the boot.

Also, notice how there's a variety to these 'debate' shots around the men's camp. They are photos of a few different discussions between different parties. This variety would correspond to the montage style in which they present these pre-TC boot discussions.

I'm first to admit it's speculation, but I always look for editing that highlights bickering. It's a big red flag that a tribe's going to council.

MM

09-02-04, 02:04 AM (EST)
42. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
>But for the men, we get these shots of them debating something. What would they be debating? It's the first episode,
>they'd only show it to us if it has a direct impact upon the raw dynamics of the show. Perhaps they're discussing the shelter, but they're not holding or doing anything in these last pics. From the expressions and body language, they seem to be
>talking about something slightly unpleasant, quite possibly the boot.
>Also, notice how there's a variety to these 'debate' shots around the men's camp. They are photos of a few different
>discussions between different parties. This variety would correspond to the montage style in which they present these pre-TC boot discussions.
>It's a big red flag that a tribe's going to council.

MM, you might have something here. Think I found some evidence to support your theory.

Here's a pic BR posted in another thread 8/19. This from a different angle showing the II. Notice the clothes Brady and Travis are wearing.

Brady, red shirt. Travis, 'Bob Barker' shirt and red pants.
This pic pre-challenge

All assembled for the challenge

Now, look at some pics I think are post challenge. Notice the change of clothes and the stubble. Travis, no shirt and change of pants. JohnK also has changed his pants (blue striped).

This one has the body language of some heavy discussion going on. I would like to think this pic is post challenge. JohnK's pants fit, but Brady is wearing the challenge light blue pants. Anyone see how this all fits?

09-02-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
46. "RE: More cast photos from SFever"
Yeah, I see what you're talking about. It makes sense because after that challenge they would be dirty... Brady and Peg-Leg also have some light stubble, even a little on pretty boy's chin.

The body language of the guys really struck me in this shot:

None of them are smiling
Brady looks pissed and suspicious.
Chad looks like his thoughts have gotten to him for a moment. what would have gotten to him so on the first 2 days? It's not like he's formed secret alliances or needs to avoid being pagonged... the game just started. What would be a huge stress? voting out the first member of your tribe (and needing a five person majority, to boot)

This shot too:

The way John K. is holding his arm is a sign of nervousness.
Chris' arms are on his side, like 'we have to make a decision.'
and Travis' shoulders are back, as if he's on the defense...

Just the mood of these shots is sombre. Here's the last one of JohnP and Lea.

Look how dirty Lea's shorts are. The white is now brown. These are the shorts he wears to the challenge, as you can see in this shot:

So from the dirty clothing I'm pretty sure that this is post-challenge... and if we see them at all post-challenge then it's probably because we're seeing them discuss the boot..

MM

BTW, I know I'm all over this thread about this theory and that I think that the tiki in the camp is the idol... but I"m beginning to think that it's not. Not because it doesn't look like it, cuz it does, but because how the two guys are so clean-shaven... maybe I was more right on this first track... pissy men = bitter losers

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-04, 05:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
I think I need some professional opinions.

But light plays weird tricks on pics. (huh huh - tricks on pics - huh huh)

Anyways, I was sitting here noticing some similarities of the II, in this shot...

to the Tiki, seen in between Brady and JohnK, in this shot...

I see some white around the eyes, on the II. It also looks a little smaller than the tiki between Brady and JohnK.
Okay so ... I'm pretty much close to deciding it's a fake.

Then was interrupted by a nosy nobody over my shoulder saying this was just the II, but in a different light.
"Can't you see it?"
"Well than, go ahead, ask your friends."

Who's right?

Sn'DCSŠMMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.
Watch out! The ABC is coming!

08-28-04, 07:17 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-04 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

Wow, Tribe, what a catch if it is....and I could see how you came to that conclusion as well. I think it just could be the II! If it's not the II, then what is it? It's definately some carving of some kind.....could the natives have left it for them from their arrival celebration?

I think it's a very rational deduction! Your observation skills are awesome! I wonder if anyone could blow it up for us to have a closer look.

Also wandering whose arm is down to the left and where is this....most be at the boys camp...

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
It looks as though there is a torch on the top of that "II." So perhaps this year's torches are fancier than in the past.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

08-28-04, 10:26 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
Ditto Flower,

Wow, Tribe!!

I think that's the Idol! What else would be carved in such detail around the boys' camp! That totally looks like a big idol! and since it's on a stick this season, it would make sense leaned against a tree at that level!

Jeez, forget my previous speculation on this thread, this is good spoiling!

Boys rule!

MM

08-28-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
26. "DAMMIT TRIBE!"
LMAO! I spent almost an hour 3-4 days ago looking specifically for the II hanging around the camp and I totally missed this!

NICE CATCH! I don't see the different light thing but what else could or would it be?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Decoy Tiki?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-04 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

I don't think what is in the guys camp is the II, here are some more pics of the II and the mysterious tiki:

In the II that differs from the camp tiki we have:
1. white around the eyes
2. white in the mouth area
3. some kind of basket or weaving in the II's hand area
4. the II is on a pole that sticks out above the head, not showing on the camp tiki
5. the II has a tassle fringe of some kind along the base

I think the camp tiki is a decoy and/or a prop left over from the natives. I do not think it is the II, there are too many differences.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

08-30-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
I've blown up the pictures. Have a look for yourself but I don't think they are the same.

08-30-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
Thanks alot Capn! That just about clears it up for me. You and KO are right, I agree, I don't think that it is the same tiki! Still, great observation skills there, Pepe!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
>Still, great observation skills there, Pepe!

As much as I'd love to take credit for something like this, I definitely can't do it here -- Big-time kudos in this case must go to tribe, KOB and Capn.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

09-01-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
Pepe, you know you're my favorite, but I really have to disagree with all y'all on this one.

I could get into the discussion about how I think the tiki is the II face down, but my better argument is much simpler:

A decoy tiki?!?!?! WTF is a Decoy Tiki?! Neither of the tribes are shown with ANYTHING except the clothes on their backs and a machete. There are no other shots of anything resembling an idol, or anything of that kind. I've looked. If anyone can find another shot of a decoy tiki, speak up!

It just seems ridiculous that they would be given anything of the sort, even if it would be difficult to use for survival purposes.

This is an Occam's Razor situation. If you have to make outlandish conjectures to explain that it's not the Idol, then that's probably wrong. The most simple explanation is that it is the Idol, and we haven't had a 360 degree look at it.

Seriously, in the boy's camp there's a tiki on a pole. The immunity idol is a tiki on a pole. Don't think too hard...

MM

09-02-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
MM -- there is no way those two things are the same object, even from the back. The II has a head, torso with arms that extend to the back, and a fringe-like thing circling the bottom. This thing looks like a turtle shell; there is no curvature separating the head and torso, you can't see the back of the arms, and there is no fringe at the bottom.

And as caveman points out below, the scale is totally off -- plus, the men's clothes are clean, and we know they get mucked up in the challenge. Dragonomine suggests it might be the tree mail holder.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"

Not to mention that if you look at Brady in this picture, he's wearing the same shirt and has the same buff position (around his neck) as when they arrived. The only difference is that in the camp shot, his shirt is sweatier and now he's wearing a hat. This is likely a break in camp construction on Day 1, as John has also taken off his shirt. Neither of them look particularly dirty, or sunbeaten, or like they've been outside for more than a day.

Fester

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-31-04, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"

I don't know what that is, but it appears to be prominent in the show.

(Last 4 pictures are from the Tribe's Inside Tribal Council thread.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

08-31-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Immunity Idol? OR Decoy Tiki?"
Yup, looks like "atmosphere" decoration, torches don't seem wide enough to have that size carving in them...

(taken from same shots in Tribe's thread)

08-28-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
23. "A few thoughts"
I haven't completely digested this whole thing yet, but here are a few thoughts.

Cap 2 & 3: Do you remember another initial Survivor episode where the Survivors are not left to fend for themselves from the get go? In these two caps, the natives are rowing them in. We're going to miss all those fun comments. Remember Marquesas and Cleopatra and the reaction she got?

Cap 5 & 6: I'm assuming these 2 two caps are at the very beginning of the episode when the tribes are formed and they haven't had time to change. Notice the colours the men have chosen for the initial first impression. Lots of A's there. Rory, hmm, flying under the radar? What are the women wearing? Trying to impersonate A's from the left... Mia, Dolly, Lisa, Twila, Leann. Look at the lime skirt Ami is wearing. Who is she communicating to? Her game is to play up to the guys, unfortunately she's on the wrong tribe... for now.

Cap 35: Brady selling, John K buying. See also 19 & 4. Good body language in 4. They're on the same team and they've had time to talk.

Cap 30: Dolly selling, Julie... no sale.

Just an impression but I doubt Tennesse Travis will see it coming when his turn comes.

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-29-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: A few thoughts"
I haven't had a chance to digest much of this season yet. I have had a busy summer setting up my spa. I need to spend a few hours catching up on reading the threads.
Should prove interesting to have male v. female. From the pictures I see the male egos coming into play right from the get go. The women seem to work better together at the beginning and don't size each other up right away.
Should be an interesting season. I am glad to be back on-line.

08-29-04, 08:01 PM (EST)
29. "RE: A few thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-04 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

Well let me be the first to welcome you back, Magic!

As for what KO had to say regarding the II at the boys camp, I don't know. After reviewing all of the pics you posted for us to compare with, I think I'm more convinced that it is indeed the II. It does look like it's on a staff leaning on the side. And, I agree there is no white markings that appear to be on it, but I think it could still be possible that it is the side or rear view that we are seeing. Brady could be concealing the whiter arms of the idol. In addition, just lower to the carvings, there appears to be the same solid area as is on the II, the torso area, noted in all of the collective pictures. I don't know, all of these pics make me think that it is more likely to be the II.

Edited to add that it's the II or a tiki torch left over from the celebration with the natives.

08-31-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
40. "RE: A few thoughts"
The scale is way off. The tiki seen in the background is leaning against a tree that is quite some distance behind Brady (as is the bearer of that little arm).

Add to that the condition of John and Brady. Brady's shirt looks like a day one garment and they both appear to be a little too clean shaven for a post immunity challenge photo.
It cannot be the immunity idol.

Caveman

Dragonomine 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-02-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonomine Click to send private message to Dragonomine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: A few thoughts"
Could that be for the tree mail????

"Do Not Trifle With Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Go Well With Brie..."

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-03-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Another idea"
No one has brought it up yet, so I want to throw this idea out there...

Could this second idol represent the power over the women's tribe the men are said to have? It sounds crazy, but since this "power" thing is a new twist, maybe MB needed something to symbolize the responsibilties of what the men were doing.

Maybe JP just wanted another big stick to play with,too...lol.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •