The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Video transcripts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Video transcripts"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-04 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

CBS has short videos of the contestants up now. I can't seem to get them to work, but transcripts of their speeches are posted here.

They are not word for word and some are edited. Leann's is missing as apparently her video doesn't work. I'm putting all of them in this post instead of bumping each contestant thread.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my name is Ami Cusack and I am from Boulder, Colorado. I'm 31 and I am a barista downtown Denver which means I wake Denver Colorado up every morning.

I'm not worried about the physical toll its going to take on me, I'm really, excited about the physical part of it, I think the thing I am most worried about are the bugs. Bugs love me, I taste good.

Umm, I think when it comes down to it, it's not really, do you have survival skills. Can you build a fire, can you catch fish? It's playing the game and like just finding your path through the game and I think I've got what it takes to make it down that path.

I want somebody to know that they can count on me and everybody is saying
don't trust anyone, don't trust anyone. Not me. I can't not trust people so I might get screwed in the long run but at least I know I live the way I live my life.

I'm here definitely for the challenge, like, I am up for this challenge. Sounds exciting, sounds like I am going to be with good people. I know I can win. So I am here for the challenge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, my name is Brady, I'm 33 years old. I'm an FBI agent from Huntington Beach, California.

I'm here because I love adventure and I wouldn't mind a million bucks.

I don't plan on lying, cheating and stealing but I think a certain amount of deception, like we use on the job, is perfectly fine. Umm, but I do have a problem with being perceived as being you know a conniving, backstabbing type of person so n, I o am not going to do that in the game. I'm going to figure out a way.

Odds are, females win the show, more times than us. I think there is a lot of reasons for that but I think one of them is guys have an alpha male thing going and it's like when I walk my dog, he is fine with all the other dogs that are smaller than him but he wants to pick a fight with any dog bigger than him.

I'd like to see two guys as the last two people on the show this time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How's it going, my name is Brook Geraghty and I'm 27 years old. I'm from a small badass town named Woodland in the beautiful state of Massachusetts and I was once a customer service rep, but hopefully after this, I can travel the world or something and spend all that beautiful money I'm going to make winning Survivor Vanuatu, so...

You have to have a will to stand the environment, I definitely think I have so much passion about this game, I'm going to be able to reach down deep every time the going get tough, every time I am hungry, every time I am cold, and say hey, you're in a game, you only get one chance.

If there was no million bucks, I would put the same amount of energy and same amount of passion just to play to be the Sole Survivor, the winner in the end.

My strategy doesn't really involve lying to everyone single person. I think, I think, there is going to be more like silent lies maybe but I feel like I am going to do whatever it takes.

When Survivor is over, I hope I get a million dollars out of it.
Hi, my name is Chad, I am from ??? Bay, California and I've been a schoolteacher for 9 years. I have a wife Diana, and two beautiful children.

I have a prosthetic foot. I had an amputation 20 months ago.

It's a secret from the other contestants as of now because I have just been wearing pants without showing anybody. And if somebody has noticed, I don't know.

I trained a lot in a sandy lake doing a lots of exits and entries, like triathlon training, swimming, staying in shape in general, biking, hitting the gym. I did a lot of research, a lot of reading about Vanuatu, survival skills, just a ton of reading.
Hi I'm Chris, from South Vienna, Ohio. I'm 33 years old. I work for the highway ??? transportation.

I am here for the money, I am here to win the million dollars. The adventure comes along with that, great, I'll take the adventure too but bottom line, it's all about a million bucks.

Somebody approaches me, and you know, wants to have a confrontation, and fine, we'll have a confrontation. I'm not someone who is going to back down, I'm somebody who is going to stand up.

My overall strategy in the game is basically going to be determined the day I step onto the beach and talk to seven people on my tribe.

I have to adapt to the people around me. I may have to change, I may not be able to be as blunt or straightforward as I normally am.

For the people who take it too seriously about lying and cheating in this game, well they need to go to summer camp or you know, maybe they need to go to a church league and hang out there for the summer.

The game is probably 80% mental 20% physical. Yea, I'm mentally prepared. I've watched them all so watching just mentally prepared.
Hi, my name is Dolly from Mercer, PA, and I am better known as the shepherdess.

People like me. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough. Dogonit, people like me.

Well I think I will make it to the finals because I know when to talk and I know when to shut up and I think in this game, he who speaks the least, goes the furthest.

I don't plan on lying and cheating but if, if the occasion arise to have to lie and cheat then yea I could lie and cheat because after all, it's just a game.

Survivor is not a pretty show. I am not going to have a mirror to check my hair or primp and puff.
Hi, my name is Eliza, I'm 21 years old and I'm a student at Syracuse University and I am from Washington, D.C.

At Syracuse, I'm dual majoring in international relations and political science and I am pre-law.

I have wanted to be on Survivor since I saw the first episode of the first season. I just fell in love with the show, fell in love with the adventure.

I'm hoping that they will think that my age is a detriment and oh, we can tell her whatever we want, she's only 21, she doesn't know any better. She doesn't have the life experience and I want them to underestimate me then I will be able to turn around and bite them in the #####. I will be fighting until the very last second... I won't be like, oh I guess it's my time to be voted off. No, that won't happen.
My name is John Kenney, I'm 22 years old, I am a mechanical bull operator at Saddle Ranch up in Hollywood.

I think I will win because I want it more than everyone else. I mean I really want that million dollars. I mean this huge, fun game and all, I haven't even seen the show. I just want a million dollars.

This is not close to a dating game, this is a game for a million dollars. It's a flirting game, because I can get a million dollars out of it, but other than that, that's about it.

I'm not about lying, and cheating, and stealing, I'll do all that stuff. This is for a million dollars and it's a game and its all legal. I won't do anything to break the rules, but there aren't too many rules to this game.
Hi my name is John, I am 31 years old. I work as a sales manager at Home Depot. I live in Los Angeles.

My strategy is called the 3M strategy and the first M is manipulation. I'm really good at massaging people, making them feel good about themselves and I am going to use them and abuse them.

Number 2 is misdirection - I am going to come at you, at different ways, I am going to turn you, twist you, I am going to spin you. You're never gonna know where John is coming from. You're not going to know. I can't put my finger on John, I can't figure him out.

And the third, misconception - I am going to lie, I'm going to cheat, I'm going to steal.

I am who I am, whether you like me or not, I'm coming after ya.

I am a master at flirting and sex appeal. I'm a master at that. A lot of people call me Superman, I don't know if it is because I got that Superman look. But uhh, I think that smiling plays an important role. Flirtation plays a huge role in this game.
Hi my name is Julie Berry, I'm 23 years old and I am a recent college graduate, woohoo! and I am living in Agora Maine.

This is your one chance to be selfish and you know kinda be any character you want to be in a way you know. You aren't going to be able to do this in your normal life you know. You get an excuse to lie, cheat, and steal which why not, we all kinda of want to do it every now and then.

I'm down to get dirty, rough, and do any physical challenge that is out there. I'm really aggressive, tom boy growing up.

Umm strategy, is gonna be umm anything, anything that goes, I'm going to do it, whatever I got to do of my capabilities, befriend people, I'm gonna turn on people, I'm going to do whatever it takes.

I'm going to win, yes. So clear it right now. I am going to try my damndest to do whatever I have to do so. And I hope that is good enough, so we'll see.
Hi, my name is Lea, I'm 40 years old. I'm a drill sergeant from Columbia, South Carolina, been in the army for 18 years.

Being in the military and being able to violate my morals and values as far as lying and cheating, we live by Southern army values and so I am going to have to try to persuade people instead of lying to them. If I give someone my word, and I say I won't not do something, I won't do it. I will say, if at all possible, if I put that if at all possible, I still have a backdoor for my answer and or for my actions.

Me being in charge as a drill sergeant is my biggest fear because I have to know how to stop and not say anything. I am so used to jumping when something happens that I don't like, I jump right into it into. Something I have to learn over the 39 days that I can't do that, I have to wait to see what happens and react afterwards, instead of before.

My strategy on the show is an immediate identification on who I am dealing with, their weaknesses, their strengths. Playing them against each other, instead of focusing on me, I want them to focus on each other. I will give them the fuel necessary to do that.
Hello, my name is Leann, I'm 34 years old and from Kansasville, Wisconsin. I do a number of things. I work at an investment firm, I sing in a band and I do some modeling part-time. Awesome.

I'll probably get along better with men than women, by far. Only because women... a lot of women talk about stupid stuff. I mean I don't want to talk about dull little parties that people at have their houses with like candles and Tupperware. I'm just... I'd rather talk about sports and I don't even watch sports. But to me that's more interesting than some of the ridiculous crap that women talk about. And guys like to kick back and have a beer, that's more me.
Hi I'm Lisa, I'm 44 years old. I'm a real estate agent in Mandeville, Louisiana.

I'm here to win so I am working the game, I'm working the strategy, and I am physically fit and I think, you know, a lot of people underestimate that age, well yea, they are getting up there, but you know, I'm more fit than I ever been.

I do have a lot of strategy planned. I think the first thing is to work hard. You know, show that I am willing to do what it takes to have a good tribe.
Hi my name is Mia, I'm 29 years old, I'm from McKinney, Texas. I am an accountant during the day and a waitress at night.

I'm extremely competitive and an extremely bad loser. I hate to lose, I'm a total sore loser. Yea, I'm very competitive. I try not to be and I go into things thinking maybe I won't be, and I just become psychotic. And yea, extremely competitive.

I am a total spaz. But actually, it's kinda good for me to do accounting during the day because it kinda chills me out. I'm definitely very high energy, and it kinda brings me back down a little bit. I am probably going to always waitress or bartend or do something like that.

The key to winning the game, I think is to just to play hard, and keep playing, constantly play, don't let your guard down. And just always remember that it's just a game. It's great to form friendships out here to win and We're all out here to win, and its a game, and I think that's the key, is to just keep that in your head the whole entire time. It's not personal, it's a game, we're out here playing a game.
Hi my name is Rory, I'm 35 years old from Des Moines, Iowa. I work for the city of Des Moines housing services.
I will lie, cheat and steal to win this. I will do anything that I need to provide for my wife and my son.

Am I one particular Survivor? No, I am Rory Freeman and quite frankly, there's not going to be any Survivor that's been on that is quite like me.

I think that all I need to be is I need to be faster than the slowest person, and be the stronger than the weakest person and I need to be smarter than all of them. And I think I can handle that.

I can be sociable and smile and laugh and get along with people and three seconds later, I'll cut you if I need to.

Well hey, I'm Scout, I'm a rancher, a corporate trainer, songwriter/singer, motivational speaker, kind of a jack of all trades, entrepreneur.

You don't know anything about life into you are right smack dab in the middle of it. So from the moment I downloaded that application, to sitting right here, has just has been an amazing journey. I am a piece on a giant game board and this time, instead of directing the action, I'm in it.

Well I think I am a character. I am in pretty good shape to be nearly 60.

And I got some disadvantages, you know I don't run as fast as some of these young kids. I got an artificial knee.

Well you know what, I am going to start out with integrity, and fairness, and loyalty, and if all else fails, lie, cheat, and steal. Go for the best you know, and play with the best and shuck the rest.
My name is Travis. I am a loss prevention officer and also a reserve deputy sheriff, 33 years old. I have four beautiful children and a wonderful wife.

I'm here because you know it's adventure. I love adventure. I was a professional wrestler for 7 years, I worked for the drug task force, I've been a police officer and now I'm a deputy sheriff. It's adventurous.

I am plain-spoken, if someone asked me for my opinion, I shoot it to straight, I don't sugar coat it. My philosophy in life is, friends don't stab you in the back, they stab you in the chest.

The skills in professional wrestling that would help you here is politics. Champions aren't made in the ring, they are made in the back. And you got to be political strong.

I am not going to lie, I am not going to be shady. be shady. If somebody asks me to join an alliance and I don't want to join that alliance, I am going to wait to the people better before I decide who to be with because once I give my word you know... I ain't got much in my life, my family and my word, that's all I got and I ain't not about to give any of them up.
Hi my name is Twila Marshall, Missouri and I am 41 years old.

The bugs and the elements are not going to be as much as the people are going to be. I feel like I am going o have to watch my back at all times.

I am here because I am a work ???

There are a lot different of reasons I guess, but the main reasons is if you win a million dollars, you can change your life. I can quit working three jobs, have a life. I would say I have no life. Work is my life. If I won a million dollars, that can all change.

I think the hardest part of this game for me will be ???. I'll have to learn how to lie and cheat and do whatever it takes to win this game. It's something that nobody wants to do, well there are some people in life that do it quite so often and doesn't it freely. But no, lying and stuff is part of the game, you got to.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Video transcripts MattyMax 08-25-04 1
   RE: Video transcripts Brownroach 08-25-04 2
       RE: Video transcripts PepeLePew13 08-25-04 3
           RE: Video transcripts Brownroach 08-26-04 4
 RE: Video transcripts JazzyJax 08-26-04 5
 RE: Video transcripts Mistral 08-26-04 6
 RE: Video transcripts pmspml5 08-26-04 7
   RE: Video transcripts MattyMax 08-26-04 8
 RE: Video transcripts LionChow 08-26-04 9
 Initial impressions FesterFan1 08-26-04 10
   RE: Initial impressions Brownroach 08-27-04 11
 Leann's video works now Brownroach 08-30-04 12
 Selective editing FesterFan1 08-30-04 13
   RE: Selective editing bdemoney 08-30-04 14
       RE: Selective editing Brownroach 08-30-04 16
           RE: Selective editing bdemoney 08-30-04 17
   RE: Selective editing Emily RugBurn 08-30-04 15
       RE: Selective editing redbeard103152 09-01-04 19
   Rory S9's villan? Oscirus 08-30-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Video transcripts"
These clips are really interesting. Gives a good impression of the people.

Ami may be a lesbian, but something about her makes me think she's not above flirting with some guys. She's bubbly.

I was impressed by Eliza, she seemed to have no false conceptions of how people are gonna see her, she spoke intelligently

and unimpressed by John K., who's gonna try to flirt his way through the game.. This sounds just like S6 Ryan, both ready to charm the ladies and stuck in a sausage fest.

John P. also annoyed me. Calling yourself superman, because you have 'that look' going on? c'mon.

Dolly equivocated on her Christian morals, "I'll lie and cheat, it's a game'. I wonder how well she's gonna do on a female tribe.

Lea said he's gonna have a hard time not jumping on people when they screw up.

Travis sounds just like ol' Tom. And he talks about professional wrestling.

Mia struck me as all over the place.

Rory was awesome 'faster than the slowest person, stronger than the weekest person, and smarter than them all.' and he'll 'cut you' (!!)

Twila struck me as very human, and very focused... She wants to win so that she doesn't have to work anymore, which she doesn't seem to enjoy.

MM

"In respect of character a face may make certain admissions by its outline; but it fully confesses only in its changes."
- Thomas Hardy, 'The Return of the Native'

08-25-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Video transcripts"
Dolly:

"People like me. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough. Dogonit, people like me."

Who does she think she is, Sally Field?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Video transcripts"
Or Stuart Smalley.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

08-26-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Video transcripts"
Oh right. Somehow that catchphrase failed to become embedded in my subconscious -- I haven't watched SNL in many years and only saw the character maybe once.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Video transcripts"
>Hi, my name is Brady, <snip>

>Odds are, females win the show,
>more times than us. I
>think there is a lot
>of reasons for that but
>I think one of them
>is guys have an alpha
>male thing going and it's
>like when I walk my
>dog, he is fine with
>all the other dogs that
>are smaller than him but
>he wants to pick a
>fight with any dog bigger
>than him.
>
>I'd like to see two guys
>as the last two people
>on the show this time.

Whoa, forshadowing? I kind of like this scenario, I would like to see two "playas" duke it out to the end instead of UTR.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-26-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Video transcripts"
Where Chad is from is Half Moon Bay, CA. Their HS is actually my kids' HS rivals and he's probably as close to a local as I'll ever have. Still, I won't automatically root for him (did I mention our RIVALS?)

I can't comment on these guys right now, too many of them and they all sound alike at this point. Except Dolly. By the name and the job description alone, I'm either gonna love her or want to b*tchslap her.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-26-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Video transcripts"
I didnt like either one of the John's at all. I got a completely different take on Lea though - he seems to realize he cant jump all over people - its gonna be hard but he has to do it. So I think that he's not gonna have the same hard time as Frank.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Video transcripts"
Yeah, he did show some insight and forsight. But he also mentioned that it's gonna be hard for him to restrain himself, and we know that Survivor usually brings out the worst in people...

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-26-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Video transcripts"
Based on nothing more than the words written above, the two Johns seem like a real pair of @sses. I hate it when I see the "I've never watched the game" BS start to flow. Let's take John Kenney and stuff him up his mechanical bull's you-know-what.

That aside, I am hopeful for this season due to the number of players that flat out admit that they'll do whatever it takes to win. Most all of these guys are students of the game and that is refreshing to see.

Anti-Bootee Contest host retires, news at http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/2635.shtml

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Initial impressions"
After watching all of these (minus Leeann's--WTF happened to hers anyway?), here are my 2 cents:

Positive impressions (in terms of game durability):
Chad - Very calm demeanor. He seems to exude a quiet strength. I can see this guy lasting until he has the endgame in sight. Then he'll probably get offed as a popularity threat.

Chris - Of the professed gamers (and they all pretty much give it a whirl on these intros), he seems to be the most focused. He also seems the most in tune with the fact that it's just a game. He could be someone you want to sit next to in the F2 (a la Clay)

John P. - He's Rupert and Fairplay's love child. He has the provider ability of Rupert, but all the smarmy self confidence/snake-like tendencies of JFP. A guy like this is potentially very dangerous. If no one sees through his BS, he could be facing a jury.

Julie - Seems very comfortable in her own skin and in the outdoors. She's the best bet for S9 sweetheart who lasts til the final 6 or so. I'm not sold on her game savvy, but she could be in the mix at the end.

Lea - At first I thought this guy was toast early, but he knows what his weaknesses are. Now I think he's more like Alicia: conscious of what will do him in, but unable to curtail that behavior for 39 days. I see him now as more of an early merge casualty than a potential first boot.

Rory - He also seems very savvy, with a Sandra-like awareness that he doesn't have to be the best, he just has to be better than the worst guy on his tribe. He's the "as long as it's not me" player for S9.

Scout - Knows her strengths and liabilities and seems to be able to communicate effectively. However, she's not some naive grandma, like Jan. I'm convinced she lasts til the last few days now.

Twila - Strong and focused, but probably too much so to last to the end. She seems like the female Rupert. She sees this as a job to help out her family. She's going to have to fight looking entitled. Rupert failed in this. She probably will too, but she's got enough to probably make the jury.

Negative impressions:
Brook - This guy is WAY too eager to play this game. In a group of men who are all older than him (with the exception of complete dolt John K. (more on him in a bit)), they're going to grow tired of his rah-rah enthusiasm quickly. He'll also probably annoy the piss out of them talking strategy constantly. I can understand the rumors of an early exit after watching him.

Dolly - Seems pretty clueless. She didn't give me the impression that she's given much thought to her strategy. The "I know when to talk and when to shut up" bit means that she doesn't and she won't. I see her as alienated early. By the time it's time to choose up partners, she'll be outside looking in.

Eliza - On the other hand, we have Eliza, who comes off as just too confident. She thinks she's going to be underestimated, but she doesn't seem the type to be able to play the dumb co-ed role. She reeks of Kelly Goldsmith, and we know where her mouth landed her. Eliza will be lucky to last that long.

John K. - Oh great, it's the "I've never watched the show, but I'm good looking" guy. He is so screwed on a tribe of men--especially a tribe of men who have given more thought to this game and how to play it than ol' Johnny boy's given to selecting his hair gels. Brook must be one tremendous PITA if they oust him over this waste of space.

Mia - Spaz + sore loser = day trips from the Loser Lodge. She really came off as out of control--even in the controlled environment of an interview. She may last a bit on sheer spunk, but her tribe will get tired of her act pretty quickly.

Travis - He's "integrity guy" for S9. Y'know, the guy who is bound to get screwed over at some point by trusting the wrong person/people. I'm guessing sooner rather than later for ol' Bubba, considering he doesn't appear to bring much to the table outside his "redneck charm". I think Big Tom (even with all his endgame flaws) was a better people reader than Mr. Cop-Wannabe-turned-Wal-Mart Security Guard.

Folks I can't get a handle on:
Ami - Spirited or naive? Probably a little of both. She could easily make the wrong alliance choice and go out fairly early, or she could make the right one and last a while. Who knows?

Brady - He seems too straight-laced and unbending to be a serious contender. Besides, he's got Burton-the-challenge-whore written all over him. No one will want any part of him when it gets to be individual. Still, the guy's been around enough deception in his career that he should be able to read people pretty well. He also gets that women have done very well on this show. Odds are good he knows why, too. Jury's out on Brady.

Lisa - Is she really good at deception and being a different person to different people when necessary, or is she kidding herself? She does remind me a lot of Tina, but without a Colby to latch on to early, does she stand a chance? I'm leaning toward thinking she could make a serious run, but I also see a potential Mother Earth Linda flameout in her.

Fester

08-27-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Initial impressions"
Not being able to see the actual videos, I think your assessments are pretty dead-on from the transcripts, Fester. Especially that Rory will be like Sandra, and Brady will be like Burton. In general more of the men seem prepared to play the game than the women.

I do get a better impression of Brady. Speaking of Burton, it was Burton's idea to form an alpha-male alliance, and it seems like Brady might try to go in that direction too. Since Lopevi consists almost entirely of alpha-males, he might have more success convincing some of them that that's the best strategy to get to F2 than Burton did with Rupert.

08-30-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
12. "Leann's video works now"
I added the transcript to the main post. Sounds like she's not gonna be too happy to be on an all-girl tribe.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Selective editing"
Hearing Leann talk about how she'd rather be around men made me think that these sound bytes are really brief excerpts from longer (maybe even substantially longer) interviews. Clearly MB/CBS picked the clips they did for a reason. Whether they are merely interesting, factor into the overall narrative, or have direct implications for the player(s) involved is uncertain, but I thought I'd pick out a few interesting comments to keep an eye on.

Ami: Says she can't do the "Trust No One" thing that Rupert trumpets in the Vanuatu ads. Does she get burned?

Brady: Doesn't want to be perceived as the "conniving" sort. Meanwhile, Chris and John P. have no qualms about that. He also brings up the female success rate on the show and how he'd like to see 2 guys face the jury. Good guy v. Bad guy showdown in the F2?

Brook: Talks about his "passion" for the game and how he'd play it even if there wasn't the $1M prize. Ironic foreshadowing?

Dolly: "People like me". Again, irony at work here?

Julie: Says "I'm going to win" (although clearly from the video, it's a tongue-in-cheek response to a question). Is it time to hide the winner in plain sight again?

Lea: Knows what his problem is going to be. Will it do him in anyway?

Travis: "I am not going to lie." It's clear others will. Is this what does him in?

Many of the Survivors use the words "lie, cheat, and steal" in that order. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they were all asked a question with that exact text in it.

Fester

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Selective editing"
Thanks BR for taking the time to type up all the survivors transcripts. It's nice to finally get a feel for their personalities.

Also, thanks Fester, for the great first impressions/first takes on each individual. I tend to agree with most of what you had to say (as is the norm) in regards to your take on people, and will be anxious to see how much my opinion about certain individuals will change after the first episode airs...

08-30-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Selective editing"
You're welcome, but I didn't type them up, they are posted at Survivor Shrine (see link in first post). I'm not *that* diligent.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Selective editing"
BR, Didn't catch the link you posted the first time, so thought you had spent lots of time transcribing! Glad to hear it was much easier than I was imagining!!!

Emily RugBurn 663 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Emily%20RugBurn Click to send private message to Emily%20RugBurn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Selective editing"
Dolly: "People like me". Again, irony at work here?

Yes - I defintely think so, too Fester. It's the first thing I thought of when I read this. It has been my experience that people who feel the need to advertise to others that people like them, are generally disliked. I'd put money on it.

~ EmRB
This post has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit your screen.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-01-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Selective editing"
Either that or she is related to Sally Field.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-30-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Rory S9's villan?"
Actually considering the selecetive editing of the comments Rory's final comments (I can be sociable and smile and laugh and get along with people and three seconds later, I'll cut you if I need to.)seemed particularly brutal.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •