The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5"
I should warn you that I feel like #### today so be easy on me.

Alright here are the choices.

1. Linda/Karen go to the domestic airport in St. Petersburg instead of the international airport. They have to wait until the next morning to catch a flight out of St. Petersburg.

2. Colin/Christie use the Fast Forward even though they are hours ahead of everybody else. They also use it on a non-elimination leg.

3. Kami/Karli and Linda/Karen have trouble finding the yellow stones. They finish 6th and 7th respectively.

4. After completing the roadblock, Kami/Karli don't bother to put the puzzle together and wander aimlessly in the desert.

5. Chip/Kim help Kami/Karli find the clue box and are passed by Brandon/Nicole while doing it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #4 dizmara 08-05-04 1
 #3 Ontario TAR Fan 08-05-04 2
 #3 minky 08-05-04 3
 #3 and #4 Cleveland Guy 08-05-04 4
 #4 VA Slim 08-05-04 5
 #4 HobbsofMI 08-05-04 6
 #3 StarryLuna 08-05-04 7
 #4 dajaki 08-05-04 8
 #4 realitybites 08-05-04 9
 #4 Molaholic 08-05-04 10
 #4 PrimeCupEevee 08-06-04 11
 #4 memacmur 08-06-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dizmara 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dizmara Click to send private message to dizmara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#4"
I had a hard time deciding between this and #1.

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "#3"
#1 is out because it was a non-critical flight. They spent the time in St. Petersburg, the others in Frankfurt. Big deal - they all arrived at the same time.

#2 was a smart move. Knowing that there is only 2 of them in the whole race, they increased their lead and prevented other teams from gaining on them. Further, while it was not shown, other teams could have tried for the FF and lost time. Finally, they had no way of knowing it would be a non-elim.

#3 was the difference for the BMs, and why they lost their money. This alone will make it difficult, but not impossible, in the next leg.

#4 was dumb, and they are luck that it did not cost them. They need to play smarter than that to win.

#5 did not cost them anything much in terms of actual time - only minutes - and it could help them later on.

minky 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-05-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minky Click to send private message to minky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "#3"
Bm's competition in St. Petersburg was Twins. And the BM's have been jockeying for the bottom of the barrel for two episodes. They and the twins neck and neck in the Cairo taxis, and should have got it together to hustle ahead of the twins. The fact that they were late is bad, and the panhandling is going to take up precious daylight time on the Cairo to Luxor leg. I'm guessing there are multiple flights from Cairo to Luxor, so they will likely be on a later flight, and not benefit from the bunching that will occur earlier. If the taxi preview is real, that bunching could put teams 1-5 all on the same plane and all on a very similar footing all over again.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "#3 and #4"
Those are the things that coudl have cost either team the race.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-05-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#4"
Too bad it wasn't for 40 years!

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#4"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-04 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

Edit:Oops...typed #4 when meant a vote for #3

I think this should be only the BM's. The twins finished sixth and kept all their money but the BM's blindly followed the twins in an effort to keep up. If they would have taken a second they could have found the bricks and then passed the twins. Of course, it looked like the twins finished the rock pull even before the BM's started and they did not give us times they finished.

My name is Hobbs of MI and I approve this message!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-05-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#3"
Although #4 was a close second.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "#4"
What's with the twins and their inability to read directions? How many times thus far have they looked completely clueless because they haven't read the clue they were given? If they hadn't run into a very helpful team, they would still be wandering around the pyramids.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-05-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "#4"
Explanations:

1 - A bad move because they chose a driver they could not communicate with. Not critical because they would have been in last place or near it even if they had gotten lucky in the taxi lottery.

2 - I understand why it's listed here, but I see this as a good move - indeed, almost a forced move.

3 - A series of bad moves, I suppose, but not what I consider a "bad move".

4 - This was the worst. If Chip hadn't helped them out, they might still be wandering.

5 - Not critical and might pay dividends later.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#4"
1. Edited as potentially devisating at first, but really nothing because of the Frankfort bunching.

2. As posted by others, actually a good, if not necessary defensive move. Sure, they end up bunched again, but they did prevent some other, smarter team, from gaining ground.

3. A close second (again, as others have posted) but still early enough in the leg to have time lost made up.

4. This is the killer. The Wonder Twins have been just plain lucky, and that luck is due to run out soon. Too many years of depending on the "cute factor" letting others think for them.

5. Repeating, didn't really cost them time wise, and the may have actually gained in respect/cooperation with K/K. (but how helpful that may be is yet to be seen).

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

PrimeCupEevee 101 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PrimeCupEevee Click to send private message to PrimeCupEevee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "#4"
It's more evidence that shows that the twins are only 3 IQ points off the puzzle pieces they ignored.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-06-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "#4"
A tough choice this week. While #3 is what ultimately led to Linda and Karen to finish last (or so editting would have us believe), The twin's decision to not worry about the puzzle was by far the dumbest move made. It's too bad the clue box wasn't hidden better, as it would have been kind of amusing (in a painful way), to watch the twins scour the desert for a few hours.

Instead, they simply chose to go to the closest pyramid and found the clue box.

So #4 for the sheer show of brainlessness

MEmacmur

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •