The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"

Travis "Bubba" Sampson was born and raised in Blountville, Tennessee, where he spent a lot of time working on his grandfather's farm. As a child, Sampson spent a lot of his time with his grandfather, watching wrestling and THE PRICE IS RIGHT. He attended Sullivan Central High School, where he played football all four years. He then attended three years of college at Northeast State Technical Community College in Blountville. He obtained employment at a sales plant and eagerly pursued a career in wrestling on the side. Sampson was granted a tryout match with the National Championship Wrestling (NCW) in Cornelia, Georgia. NCW became the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) when Sampson began doing shows for the World Championship Wrestling and then with World Wrestling Entertainment. He was known to the wrestling community as "Romeo Bliss."

Two years after Sampson was married, he decided to retire from wrestling to make his family his priority. In 2002, Sampson attended Walter State Police Academy, where he received a certificate of basic law enforcement in officer education. He currently lives in Johnson City, Tennessee, with his wife, Jennifer and their four boys, Aaron, 11; Erick, 8; Trevor, 7 and Gabriel, 2 ½.

Sampson currently works in loss prevention at Wal-Mart and also coaches football at the Johnson City Boys and Girls Club. He describes himself as aggressive, persistent and outspoken and enjoys critiquing other people's flaws, showing off when weight training and playing video games. He says his proudest accomplishment is his four sons. His wife is his hero because she went through 38 months of pain to bring them all into this world. He is a member of the NRA, Civil War Historical Society and Police Benevolent Association and is very active with his church.

Travis believes he will bring his leadership, aggressiveness and inventiveness to SURVIVOR:VANUATU, and his primary reason for participating is to live a life that isn't so ordinary. He believes that he could be the Sole Survivor because he has "learned how to adapt to different people and different situations. I can schmooze anybody, become their best friend then take their butt…and vote them off."

Sampson's birth date is February 19, 1971.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... emydi 08-17-04 1
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... Monk 08-17-04 2
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... dabo 08-17-04 3
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... seahorse 08-17-04 4
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... frisky 08-17-04 10
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... ulalame 08-17-04 5
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... Brownroach 08-17-04 6
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... caveman 08-17-04 7
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... seahorse 08-17-04 8
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... JPPT1974 08-22-04 13
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... anotherkim 08-17-04 9
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... MattyMax 08-22-04 11
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... erickman 08-22-04 12
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... JPPT1974 08-22-04 14
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... MattyMax 08-22-04 15
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... volsfan 08-23-04 17
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... JPPT1974 08-26-04 18
               RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... volsfan 08-26-04 19
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... Ra_8secs 08-23-04 16
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis ... cuon10 08-27-04 20
 Travis lost some weight Brownroach 09-01-04 21
   RE: Travis lost some weight Capn2patch 09-01-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
If he gets the boot, will Jiffy say

Bubba....COME ON DOWN...you're the next survivor voted off the island.....

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Does he know JFP from his wrestling days???

Monk 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-17-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monk Click to send private message to Monk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
I have read these message boards for over a year, but this is my first post. You guys scare me. Anyway, enough about me. This survivor, Travis, has been on another reality show. He was on "My Life is a Sitcom". Here's the link

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-15294/epid-232446/

Forgive me if it doesn't work. Can Survivor not find 18 people who have never been on TV before (much less a reality show)?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Welcome, Monk, glad to have you finally come out from lurking! Great find!

So, what are the odds he'll come up with a "dead granny" strategy?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-04 AT 09:15 AM (EST)

I agree, they should be able to get first timers.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
>You guys scare me.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Nice job digging up that TV stint. I agree, I'm sick of wanna-be actors on these shows!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-17-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Doesn't he look a bit old to have been born in 1971? That would only make him 32 or 33 -- in that picture, he looks like he's in his mid-40s.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Having four sons by age 30 probably put some wear and tear on Travis.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Travis had better hope his tribe never goes to one of Jeff's campfires! He has the profile of a first or second round boot.

As a 26 year veteran of a very large law enforcement agency I can tell you that washouts from police academies usually fit into four general catagories. Academics, command presence, physical ability and interpersonal. A lot of good people do not graduate as a result of poor test scores in law and procedure. Others fail because they are too passive for police work. It's also pretty difficult to graduate if you lack the physical strength or drive necessary to complete a rigorous training program. Another big washout factor can be a cadet's emotional immaturity, an unstable temperament or just bad interpersonal skills.

We don't know if he was a 'wanna-be' who enrolled himself in the academy as an independant, or if an agency put him through as a prerequisite for employment, but his profile (especially how he describes himself), would suggest that he is not suited for that line of work. WalMart loss prevention (that's code for security guard) and someone who is opinionated and likes to 'point out the flaws in others?' YOW!

Later Travis
Caveman

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
As a wrestler he could be very tough in challenges. He might last a little while.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

JPPT1974 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JPPT1974 Click to send private message to JPPT1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
>Travis had better hope his tribe
>never goes to one of
>Jeff's campfires! He has
>the profile of a first
>or second round boot.
>
>As a 26 year veteran of
>a very large law enforcement
>agency I can tell you
>that washouts from police academies
>usually fit into four general
>catagories. Academics, command presence,
>physical ability and interpersonal. A
>lot of good people do
>not graduate as a result
>of poor test scores in
>law and procedure. Others fail
>because they are too passive
>for police work. It's
>also pretty difficult to graduate
>if you lack the physical
>strength or drive necessary to
>complete a rigorous training program.
> Another big washout factor
>can be a cadet's emotional
>immaturity, an unstable temperament or
>just bad interpersonal skills.
>
>We don't know if he was
>a 'wanna-be' who enrolled himself
>in the academy as an
>independant, or if an agency
>put him through as a
>prerequisite for employment, but his
>profile (especially how he describes
>himself), would suggest that he
>is not suited for that
>line of work. WalMart
>loss prevention (that's code for
>security guard) and someone who
>is opinionated and likes to
>'point out the flaws in
>others?' YOW!
>
>Later Travis
>Caveman

Are you with the federal, state, or local level Caveman without specifically naming which law enforcement agency?? Just wondering.

NFL Kick-off September 12th 2004 12:59 PM Are you ready for some football?

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Hey, he's from Superman's stomping grounds....wonder if they're related?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--*snort*......Tennessee always manages to get a player in the game. Lucky us.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-22-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Hey! So this was posted on our very own basher boards by JPPT1974 yesterday:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/2717.shtml

<<I know Travis because he is a total jerk. He used to work in Knoxville TN as the loss prevention supervisor and his employee accused me of stealing a movie while I was on my break though I told him it was only an accident. Travis, whom I have a new nickname, "Traitor Travis" took his employee's side over my side because David, that was the jerk's name, was mean and I wanted to haul off and hit him. I said some not nice things about DAvid but got in trouble. And I was off the clock. But they called me in and Travis repeated the things I said about David and was terminated. Walmart doesn't cut anybody any sort of slack. They only care about one thing and one thing only. To save their butts. Travis is only saving his butt and wants to make a name for himself. Don't let that "Hillbilly, Family man, Church-going man, wrestler" fool you. Because he is a total jerk and liar. He has no conscience whatsoever!! He is a Dr Jykell and Mr Hyde type of person. Hope that people will see his true colors because I have had first hand experience myself. As well as other employees who encounted this total moron. Hope he and his family go out on the streets with the homeless. >>

The poster only has 1 DAW, and seemed to have stumbled onto bashers as a way to flame the guy who got him fired. But from this account, Travis seems to be a self-serving Walmart-monkey. now THAT'S good TV.

MM

erickman 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
s-fever has his auditon tape to my life as a sitcom, this guy is a goldmine, he is another tom.

08-22-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JPPT1974 Click to send private message to JPPT1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"

BTW, I am a woman nearly 30 years old MM but hey no harm nor foul!!

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-22-04, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
heh, sorry J,

anyway, tell us more about travis!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-04 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

JPPT...are you a little bitter?

Are you in Knoxville?

Also, welcome to the boards!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

08-26-04, 06:06 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
>LAST EDITED ON 08-23-04
>AT 12:32 PM (EST)

>
>JPPT...are you a little bitter?
>
>Are you in Knoxville?
>
>Also, welcome to the boards!
>
>Seymour TN. I am a little bitter. I want people to know that this man is the biggest jerk and if I could get away with it, pop him in the mouth. Don't let this self congraulatory jerk win.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
I am in Knoxville! Small world isn't it!

Well, we will have to see how he handles himself in this group setting! The way you see him...may not be how the other 17 survivors will see him!

BTW...YES! I am ready for some football!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
I can't wait for Jeffy to describe the "Bubba death-grip vote-hold (or block, or flip)."

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-27-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Travis "Bubba" Sampson"
Hey, prior to moving to NE Patriots country I lived in Tennessee for 10 years, I am originally from the south and this guy is what causes many of the jokes about hillbillies. Based on his profile and his indecisiveness about his life career, I am guessing he will be the right amount of irritation to be an early boot. At least hoping so. He actually stacks up as the big "L" anyway. But Survivor fans ought to start writing in and asking them to quit putting so many acting wannabes on this show especially. There are plenty of us out here that want to be on whom have not made jack***** out of ourselves. I am sure he will not have to try too hard. Goodbye Travis, you are the weakest link. Not to mention a total tool. 9-days.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Travis lost some weight"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

http://www.unofficialsurvivorguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418

SGeers
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:55 pm Post subject: I worked with Travis

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I worked with Travis at Wal-Mart a few months ago before he left on extended family leave. when we found out he was on survivor we were floored and happy for him and his wife and kids.

He still didn't come back to work yet but I seen him and he looks good. Lost a lot of his beer gut and you can tell he's happy to be home.

(a picture of Travis from last year is posted)

Travis can't talk about it and he won't let me take his picture now, but I can tell he did a good job. this is all I got right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-01-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Travis lost some weight"
Don't have to tell you BR, this is a hot item. It would be worthwhile to follow that thread because it may turn out to a red herring.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •