The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"

Brady Finta was born in San Diego. At the time, his father was in Vietnam on one of his two tours as a fighter pilot in the US Navy. With his father being in the US Navy, they relocated many times, including Camarillo, California; Virginia Beach, Virginia; Pax River, Maryland; San Diego, California; Farifax, Virginia; Charleston, South Carolina; and Memphis, Tennessee.

Finta attended 10 schools before high school and finished at James Island High School in Chas, South Carolina. He then attended the University of South Carolina, where he received a degree in Political Science and played on the rugby team. After spending the summer after graduation in Norway (his father was stationed there), Finta went to the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School as a result of having gone through college on a Marine ROTC scholarship. He became a second lieutenant, trained as an infantry officer for a year and was then assigned his first platoon in Hawaii. After three years (with one year of it deployed to Japan), he was transferred to Camp Pendleton, California. Approximately two years later, he resigned his commission and joined the FBI in 1998.

After graduating the FBI Academy, he was posted to the Los Angeles Division (Orange County) and assigned to the Asian Organized Crime section, where he has been ever since. Soon after completing his agent probation, he tried out and was selected to be a member of the FBI Los Angeles SWAT Team. He will soon be working counter terrorism.
Finta's mother is currently pursuing a master's degree in theology at a Jesuit University in Ohio. His father retired from the Navy and lives and works in Spokane, Washington. His older brother, Jim, is a helicopter pilot for the Coast Guard in Seattle, Washington. His older sister, Lori, is a film editor in Memphis, Tennessee. His younger sister, Gina, is a dance instructor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He also has a half sister, Katya. In addition, has eight nieces and nephews.

Finta's hobbies include surfing, home improvement and traveling. He has traveled the US and abroad, having served in Okinawa, Japan, among other places. He describes himself as enthusiastic, athletic and motivated. He enjoys playing rugby and watching football. His hero is a 20-year-old lance corporal who returned from Iraq missing an eye. To Finta, that kind of courage and self-sacrifice defines heroes.

Finta currently lives in Huntington Beach, California, with his fiancée, Broni. His birth date is December 17, 1970.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... KObrien_fan 08-17-04 1
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Brownroach 08-17-04 2
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... KObrien_fan 08-17-04 3
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... seahorse 08-17-04 4
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... LeftPinky 09-03-04 23
               RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Dmplz 09-08-04 24
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... SurvivorBlows 08-17-04 5
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... KObrien_fan 08-17-04 6
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Ra_8secs 08-23-04 7
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... cuon10 08-27-04 8
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Dmplz 08-27-04 9
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Capn2patch 08-28-04 10
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Dmplz 08-28-04 12
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... cuon10 08-28-04 11
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Dmplz 08-28-04 13
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... oldfriend 08-30-04 14
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... cuon10 08-30-04 15
               RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Capn2patch 08-31-04 16
                   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Brownroach 08-31-04 17
                       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... cuon10 08-31-04 18
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Dmplz 09-01-04 19
               RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... cuon10 09-02-04 20
                   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... caveman 09-02-04 21
                       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady F... Dmplz 09-02-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
He is also an actor though not listed in his bio above, you can find him on the internet movie database (IMDB) HERE. If people find out he is an FBI agent they may feel threatened and get rid of him early. I hope he covers that by telling them all that he is an actor, which wouldn't be a lie. In any case, this guy is good looking and has quite an interesting background, I hope he stays around a while.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-04 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

If he says he's working counter-terrorism, that would be a plus, I should think. Though I agree that "FBI" might raise some eyebrows. But telling them he's an actor might make them perceive him as just another DAW.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

08-17-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Ken Stafford did well even though everyone knew he was a NYPD cop. It doesn't necessarily have to be perceived as a bad thing. I'm sure he is very skilled in reading people. Not to mention it is guys vs gals at least to start, and looks like many other threats on the guys tribe to vote off before him.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
He is not the only actor in the group. It looks like wannabe actors are trying to get into reality tv casts so that they can have a shot in the public eye.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-03-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Ken was also in the series right after 9/11. At the time all NYPD were treated with great respect, I'm not sure that can be said about the FBI. I'd say I was an actor.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Dmplz 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-08-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dmplz Click to send private message to Dmplz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
"I'd say I was an actor."

Yeah, but wouldn't that make people think not to trust you because you might be blowing smoke up their wazoo? I wouldn't trust an actor on the show. Too risky ~ I'd get fried.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
>He is also an actor though
>not listed in his bio
>above, you can find him
>on the internet movie database
>(IMDB) HERE.

IMDB only lists a part in one film for him, and it's from 1998 and he's listed 27th out of 31 actors in the credits. I wouldn't call him an "actor" (more likely a one-time "extra") -- heck, BB5's Jase Wirey is more of an actor than this guy.

The FBI is a "real job" that's not really conducive with the struggling actor lifestyle

08-17-04, 08:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Well let's just say that at some point he had aspirations of being an actor at some time in his past. I still think with his looks and age he could cleverly mask what he does for a career and tell a few white lies so as not to expose his FBI connection.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Now,I'd believe it if Brady had told he'd gone into Cambodia.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-27-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Wannabe actor or not, he has enough of a background not to be crying into his rice and maggots after 6 days. Yea, he is hot.
Hot Brady in the jungle. But his background is interesting and he may add alot of actual competitiveness to this show. There are several wannabe actors on here and alot of times they end up being wimpy, crybabies. Colby being an exception. I think Brady is going to make it to the final 8, or even 6. Maybe the end. 24+days.

08-27-04, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dmplz Click to send private message to Dmplz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-04 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

I went on two dates with Brady in '96!! How funny this all is! He IS hot, but he is also a nice guy. He was a Marine here in San Diego at the time. VERY good kisser ... mmm....

p.s. I don't think he'll be crying either, but I'll bet you see him get very frustrated with the others!!

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-28-04, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Why would you say he would get frustrated easily?

08-28-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
It's a military/law enforcement thing: Getting frustrated at stupid people, or people making stupid choices in general. He's been through a lot of training that requires critical thinking in adverse conditions; when you give advice from past experiences and others say, "Naw, I think this way would be better," wouldn't you get a little miffed?

But who knows? Maybe he's not typical. I hope he does well, but I also fear that others will find his strengths too daunting and that might be his demise. We'll see!

08-28-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
I just find his background to be interesting esp. for a game like survivor, the only thing he could have against him, is the fact people will consider him a strong player and therefore, he has a target on him. He is alot like Ken the cop from Survivor Thailand and Andrew Savage the lawyer who deserved better than Osten on his team.

08-28-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
I'm with you on that! I missed Thailand (had a bebe) but found myself irate at the TV when Andrew got booted. I think people just have to play dumb when coming in and every now and then throw in a zinger-of-an-idea so people think they're worth hanging on to (i.e. "I wonder what s/he will think of next?" "Why didn't I think of that?"

Though, I'm sure Brady will get along great with the guys (like I said, he's very nice) and eventually cast his charm over the women. It's infectious, trust me.

oldfriend 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oldfriend Click to send private message to oldfriend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
>LAST EDITED ON 08-27-04
>AT 09:42 PM (EST)

>
>I went on two dates with
>Brady in '96!! How
>funny this all is!
>He IS hot, but he
>is also a nice guy.
> He was a Marine
>here in San Diego at
>the time. VERY good
>kisser ... mmm....
>
>* *
>
>p.s. I don't think he'll
>be crying either, but I'll
>bet you see him get
>very frustrated with the others!!
>

Sweetheart, you are one in a long line of San Diego chicks that have discovered Brady's "shortcomings". The bio fails to mention that the guy is only about 5'4" tall.

08-30-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
His being a short male has nothing to do with being good-looking or with his chances on Survivor. Half the people whom have won on survivor have done it by their wits, their personal stamina and their strategy. Height does not have alot to do with stamina.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-31-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
Cuon, I'm not sure that Oldfriend was only referring to stature when (I suspect she) mentioned "shortcomings".

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
I'm not sure what oldfriend is trying to imply , but Brady looks taller than 5'4" to me. He and Rory and Chad are all about the same height, and they are not significantly shorter than the other men. He's fourth in line in this cap (orange shirt, brimmed hat):

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

08-31-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
I think oldfriend might have confused him with one of the others.
Otherwise, I don't think it is relavant unless there is something underlying in the meaning.

09-01-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

Oldfriend ... yours must not be the same Brady, as I am 5'10" and he was right around the same height or a tad taller. It's hard to two-step with a guy 6 inches shorter than you! And I wouldn't know about the "shortcomings" you're referring to: we only went out twice and he was a gentleman.

*** Don't know what you were implying with the "Sweetheart," but I hope this all stays fun and goofy.

09-02-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
I think I/we are either missing something or she is thinking of one of the other men or this person has their Brady's mixed up because on some of the photographs on the web, he is the same height as a couple of the other players and the average height runs about 5'10" 5'11". Maybe I am missing something. But hey, go Brady go.

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-02-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
I'm with you cuon10. Let's move on. He was about 5'10" when he left for Vanuatu and he was still around 5'10" when he came home. Maybe Oldfriend dated him when he was 15.

Caveman

09-02-04, 07:58 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Brady Finta"
>I'm with you cuon10. Let's
>move on. He was
>about 5'10" when he left
>for Vanuatu and he was
>still around 5'10" when he
>came home. Maybe Oldfriend
>dated him when he was
>15.
>
>Caveman

Very well put. Hoo-ah! * *

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •