The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-04 AT 10:06 AM (EST)

More from Vanuatusurvivors.com.
Assuming it's a reliable source, here's something to work with:
http://www.vanuatusurvivors.com/home.html

August 3 - The Barge sank! Caught on a beach by the incoming tide; the pontoons flooded before it started to float. Plenty of red faces there, I'll bet!
(no idea if this is the Finale, the ship they use for the tribute, or The Barge, the floating restaurant, but it's in here 'just in case' it's of some use).

August 4 - The Tribe names. Been hanging out for these? Well, here you go then...We have it from a reliable source that the tribe names are: Tasi and Rua (local language for the numbers one and two) - just as exciting, are the colours; black and white.

August 4 - Big party at The Rossi tomorrow night for the Survivor crew to celebrate the closure of proceedings - let's hope they behave themselves better than they did at Trader Vics last week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? victoriamaxwell 08-05-04 1
   RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? Capn2patch 08-06-04 2
       RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? SurvivorBlows 08-18-04 6
 RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? PhoenixEmily 08-18-04 3
   RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? Brownroach 08-18-04 4
       RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? Capn2patch 08-18-04 5
           RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? bdemoney 08-23-04 7
 RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler? PepeLePew13 08-23-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

victoriamaxwell 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail victoriamaxwell Click to send private message to victoriamaxwell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
Thanks!! I also noticedyour site shows a mention of the earthquake on the 7th-which was fairly small, but the USGS showed a much larger one hitting on the 15th...just wondering if it caused any problems etc.

Thanks

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-06-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
Curious that this info (buff colours & no. of tribes) would come out on the 4th of August, some number of days after the merge. Why not the colour and name of the merged tribe if reporting on end of filming festivities? If reliable, this information must be coming from someone who was associated with the earlier part of the show. Also brings into question as to when this barge actually sank, was it before the merge or post as the article reads.

If true, this really poo-poos on the idea that there are 3 tribes. Hmmm, 9 per side? Maybe there really are only 16 survivors. Only 15 have been revealed so far. Tsk Tsk. Kristin. Kristin. You might want to consider applying at the National Enquirer.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-04, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-04 AT 06:10 PM (EST)

>Curious that this info (buff colours & no. of tribes) would
>come out on the 4th of August, some number of
>days after the merge. Why not the colour and name
>of the merged tribe if reporting on end of filming
>festivities?

It's more than "some days after the merge" -- they only reported it after the show was about to wrap production.

The only explanation I can envision for this is that their "reliable source" was some local boat operator or such and that Burnett's production staff folks just referred to the tribal locations as "one" and "two" when telling the boat drivers, etc. where they have to be, where they were going, etc. and the drivers took "location one" and "location two" to be the actual names of the tribes

PhoenixEmily 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixEmily Click to send private message to PhoenixEmily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
I posted this under the Rory Freeman thread, but maybe it would be more appropriate here?

Maybe this is old news, but in my newspaper today - The Des Moines Register - there's an article about Rory and it mentions a tribe name:

"If Freeman leaves the Lopevi tribe quickly, Iowans will have someone else to cheer for: Twila Tanner, a 41-year-old highway repair person from Marshall, Mo., originally hails from Osceola."

http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040818/ENT05/408180307&SearchID=73181143724093

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
Yes, the men's tribe is Lopevi and the women's tribe is Yasur. (Makes it sound like Survivor: Middle East, imo ).

And we know the colors are red and yellow, not black and white, so this was bunk.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-18-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
Bunk as we know it today. Something may be up. Lot of fresh faces on those tribe pictures, and as you mentioned earlier in another thread, Snewser had the tribes aligned differently and then changed them to reflect the press release.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-04 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

Please ignore this entire post. After reading this entire post much more carefully I have discovered I am an idiot!!!

Edited to remove my original post....

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tribe names and Barge spoiler?"
Considering the incorrect information that popped up in the original post of this thread, thanks to vanuatusurvivors.com, we should let this thread sink to the bottom and die. We can't take anything seriously from this source.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •