The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"We get 18 DAWs again!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-23-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"We get 18 DAWs again!"
Found on Snewser here, who got it from here.

E!'s Kristin: S9 will have 18 contestants
E! Online
Friday, July 23, 2004

From boobooloo: Is it true that Bill is going to be an advisor on The Apprentice 2?

Yes. Sorta. That's what Jeff Zucker led us to believe, but Trump had a different take. "Bill will be filling in for George for a few episodes. George had to take an important business trip during the season." So, Bill won't be around for the entire season, because he also has that building to run, you know. No time for the telly. Also, this season on both The Apprentice and Survivor, there are going to be 18 contestants (seems Burnett might have a trick up his sleeve, hmmm?) Also, sounds like The Apprentice might have a different set-up this time, not girls versus guys, but Burnett wouldn't get into it. Trump also said we'll see some "heated disagreements" between Carolyn, George and him.

Blog
President of the GAWKUR Alliance

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Okay, but... Brownroach 07-23-04 1
   RE: Okay, but... PepeLePew13 07-23-04 3
 Out Dam Kristen! tribephyl 07-23-04 2
 RE: We get 18 DAWs again! MattyMax 07-27-04 4
   RE: We get 18 DAWs again! PepeLePew13 07-28-04 5
       RE: We get 18 DAWs again! Brownroach 07-28-04 6
           RE: We get 18 DAWs again! PepeLePew13 08-06-04 11
 RE: We get 18 DAWs again! clemsonbeav 08-04-04 7
   RE: We get 18 DAWs again! Capn2patch 08-04-04 8
   RE: We get 18 DAWs again! tribephyl 08-04-04 9
       RE: We get 18 DAWs again! clemsonbeav 08-04-04 10
 RE: We get 18 DAWs again! PagongRatEater 08-10-04 12
   RE: We get 18 DAWs again! Brownroach 08-10-04 13
       RE: We get 18 DAWs again! bdemoney 08-10-04 14
 15 Episodes Again? dabo 08-10-04 15
   RE: 15 Episodes Again? Brownroach 08-10-04 16
       RE: 15 Episodes Again? dabo 08-11-04 17
           RE: 15 Episodes Again? clemsonbeav 08-11-04 18
               RE: 15 Episodes Again? caveman 08-13-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Okay, but..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

...let us not forget that Kristin was the one saying that Rupert would leave AllStars "one angry mofo." She's not that reliable.

ETA: Snewser's confirmator doesn't mention how many contestants there are, but it does say "they are all here".

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Okay, but..."

>...let us not forget that Kristin
>was the one saying that
>Rupert would leave AllStars "one
>angry mofo." She's not
>that reliable.

I'm in agreement that we shouldn't touch much of what Kristin says with a ten-foot pole, however, keep in mind that Rupert may have blown his top for all we knew but it was edited out of the show to keep him as America's favourite. After all, didn't CBS have a cheque already cut out in Rupe's name and a rigged voting system at stake?

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Out Dam Kristen!"
Hasn't she been fired yet?!

This girl is a walking talking rumor monger. Never in her career has she been able to distinguish the good info from the bad.

Not to say it won't happen. But it's like receiving stock info from "the enquirer". A completely unreliable source. AND unable to apologize when said info is wrong or misleading.

Kristen was, is and will continue to be an unreliable source of TRUE Spoiler info.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-27-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
Well, If there are 16 contestants and 2 alternates (like Tina!) are flown down, then there are 18 people down there.

MM

07-28-04, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
But then the two alternates would be sent home as soon as the game starts (which is what happened in the past) so they wouldn't be away long enough to raise suspicions.

Scratch and sniff

07-28-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
Is that true that they fly alternates to the location? I didn't know that. I suppose it would make sense, just in case something happens to someone en route or once they get there.

But I didn't think Tina was flown to Australia as an alternate; I thought she was put in at the last minute because someone backed out of going altogether.

08-06-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
11. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
My understanding was that Tina was called into the game at the very last minute on the final day before the S2 contestants boarded the plane to drop them off, when the other person just about crapped her shorts upon hearing she'd have to parachute from the plane onto land (which later turned out to be a change of plan). I don't know if she was actually there in Australia at the time this happened or if she was flown in the same day or day before.

What I do know is that they've always had two alternates ready to go at the drop of a hat if something happens to one of the original sixteen. No word on whether they take part in the actual pre-game training/brainwashing before the game begins.

Scratch and sniff

08-04-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
And y'all thought Kristin would lie...

Blog
Mwahahaha...

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-04-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
It's the "un" before the word reliable that creates the issue.

When you the info sometimes right sometimes wrong, you have no choice but to lump it all in the same bag.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
Oh she still would lie.

She's proven herself quite capable of that.

But this one instance I feel the need to apologize for.
ARGH! Sorry Kristen!

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.
I'm gonna go vomit now.

08-04-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
Hehehe!

Blog

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
Just to point out the obvious, since I haven't seen it actually posted, last night there was a preview for Survivor and indeed it did shpw that there will be 18 Survivors. All old footage from what I saw (Bungler can confirm or deny) and no one was revealed, but they were very clear on the number or Survivors.

08-10-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
KOfan saw it too and posted about it in the Snewser thread. Snewser also has a couple of caps up.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-10-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: We get 18 DAWs again!"
According to an article on Snewser's site: http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=1051 there are definitely 18 DAWS again. Not sure if there will be 3 tribes or not though.

Here is the article for those who don't want to click on the link above:

18 New Castaways
CBS commercials confirm there will be 18 new castaways for Survivor: Vanuatu.
SNN
Monday, August 9, 2004

Not much was revealed from the short commercial.

"18 New Castaways" flashes across the screen.

18 instead of 16 castaways were used for the first time in Survivor 8: All-Stars. This allowed an extra episode for CBS to air, but the castaways were split into 3 tribes.

In the promo that aired tonight, a scene at the ocean shows some individual objects, perhaps 18 of them, floating in the water. Whether this represents an individualistic makeup at the start of the game, intead of splitting into tribes right off the bat, remains to be seen.

"Somebody's gonna get burned," Jeff Probst says during a filming at Tribal Council for S9's "Islands of Fire" theme.

At the time of this writing, people from far and wide across the country have guessed 17 of the 18 Survivor: Vanuatu contestants, using our Automatic Contestant Confirmator.

However, nobody has yet guessed the last name of James C.

We can only speculate why. Perhaps he's the only one who can keep a secret. Maybe he has no friends.

You may only have a week left to find out before the official announcement. Next week will be "mid August" -- the approximate time CBS has slated to announce the castaways on their website.

The Survivors arrived home in the states late this weekend, according to credible reports we've received. The Vanuatu Daily Post reported that the game ended on August 5th Vanuatu time (almost a day ahead of North America).

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "15 Episodes Again?"
Or two-boot episodes?

08-10-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
16. "RE: 15 Episodes Again?"
There has to be a new "shocking twist". I don't think MB will run the proceedings exactly like A$$ just because he has the same number of contestants to start.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 15 Episodes Again?"
Shucks, that means they'll mess up the three-day cycles again. And we may have three quitters this time if that trend is allowed to continue.

1. 9/16
2. 9/23
3. 9/30
4. 10/7
5. 10/14
6. 10/21
7. 10/28
8. 11/4
9. 11/11
10. 11/18
11. 11/25 (?? Thanksgiving)
12. 12/2
13. 12/9
14. 12/16
15. 12/19 (or 12/23 but unlikely)

No room for a recrap unless they air it in the same week as a regular episode.

08-11-04, 00:58 AM (EST)
18. "RE: 15 Episodes Again?"
And now with quitters (well sorta) in TAR, who knows where this will lead.

Blog
Glad I'm not the only one who wants the regular 3-day cycles. I like to stay regular (with Metamucil).

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 15 Episodes Again?"
Could this new format of two tribes of nine be evidence that "the dead will control the lives of the living." Any guesses on how 18 contestant might contribute to that premonition?

Caveman

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •