The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-06-14, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-14 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

"Shouting out first isn't a matter of luck but of preparation."

If you are aware of or ever attended a Reverse Auction you would realize that statement is incorrect.

In a Reverse Auction a ceiling price is established. If no one bites on that ceiling price, the auctioneer will incrementally decrease the value of the item until someone shouts out. Usually more than one may want the item at a particular price. In that case it goes to the bidder who shouts out FIRST.

Those who attend Reverse Auctions are prepared and know what they want to pay for the item. If a bidder loses out it's not because they were less prepared; it's because they were less fortunate by being beaten out by a split second among those shouting-out. The more who are vying for that item at a particular price, the more fortunate they need to have to win.

The Survivor auction is really a blend of both. Yes it starts out as a traditional auction; BUT the players are unable to bid more than $500, thus a ceiling price does exist.

In this case, as is the case of a Reverse Auction, probability and statistics apply simply because the more bidders who want that same item at the same ceiling price, the less percentage chance of being the first shout-out. Conversely, if fewer bidders are willing to shout-out for that same ceiling price there's obviously a better statistical chance of being the first shout-out. That's the point I'm making. And that's what Tony was hoping for from his alliance. If he was unable to be the first shout-out, he would have wanted someone other than Spencer or Tasha to win.

"I see that you have your own conspiracy theory going on there. Good for you! Finally..."

Rubbish...pure rubbish!

Listen, I'm aware that particular games may be formatted or season's twists can be advantageous toward a particular TYPE OF player. Historically, some formats/twists have favored the athletic; others have favored the pencil-necked geeks. Females, males and even the pathetically inept have been favored. And yes, Production may format particular twists/episodes where a castaway who has put out more effort and worked harder than the others might benefit.

My acknowledgement of those occurrences in NO WAY falls into a "conspiracy theory." To put those words in my mouth is utterly asinine. Conspiracy Theories are when it is suggested that production redo scenes to purposely favor or screw players. or when one player is purposely given the script to the season not privy to the other players.

Unless a whistle blower can provide total and indisputable proof of those shananigans, I will continue to poo-poo any conspiracy theory or silly nonsense posters may want to use to spin an episode simply because the season may not be going as they would like.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 10   Aruba     05-01-14       
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Jims03     05-01-14     1  
     RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-02-14     5  
         RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   michel2     05-03-14     9  
             RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-04-14     12  
         RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Jims03     05-03-14     11  
             RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-04-14     14  
                 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Jims03     05-04-14     15  
                     RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-06-14     18  
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   QuickBen     05-02-14     2  
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   dabo     05-02-14     3  
     RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-02-14     4  
         RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   dabo     05-02-14     6  
             RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-03-14     7  
                 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   dabo     05-03-14     8  
                 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   michel2     05-03-14     10  
                     RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-04-14     13  
                         RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   michel2     05-04-14     16  
                             RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-06-14     19  
                                 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   michel2     05-06-14     21  
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   michel2     05-04-14     17  
     RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   Aruba     05-06-14     20  
         RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   michel2     05-06-14     22  
             RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ...   dabo     05-06-14     23  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •