The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is the gender make-up of teams significant?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarvingButStrong 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-13-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarvingButStrong Click to send private message to StarvingButStrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is the gender make-up of teams significant?"
In this edition there are:

5 male-female teams

5 male-male teams

2 female-female teams

And the first three eliminations have been m-f teams -- which doesn't look anything like what you'd expect from randomness.

Does this suggest that mixed sex teams are inherently weaker? I could come up with some possible reasons for why (greater friction due to conflicting communications styles, the tendency for the male to take on more of the physical work -- either by his own choice or the woman tending to take advantage of him -- making him less effectively more tired than he would be in a m-m teams, leadership/ego problems due to gender interactions, whatever) except if this type of pattern didn't show up in previous editions I'm wasting everybody's time.

Could someone who watched the earlier series address the gender makeup of the teams, and the elimination pattern that resulted?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is the gender make-up of teams ... realitybites 06-13-03 1
 RE: Is the gender make-up of teams ... bris 06-15-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-13-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is the gender make-up of teams significant?"
I don't have a breakdown in front of me, but in the other editions - as a very general pattern with numerous exceptions - the female-female teams went out first, followed by the male-female teams, with the male-male teams lasting the longest.

I don't think mixed sex teams are inherently weaker or have a disadvantage in the race. Five of the nine teams that have made it to the final three so far were male-female groupings.

The most intriguing thing about the gender makeup this year is that both female teams have made it past leg 3. They've never had more than one female-female team make it this far before. CBS must be pleased.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-15-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is the gender make-up of teams significant?"
Most of the time a girl-girl teams go very early AR4 in the only AR a g-g team was not eliminated in the first 2 legs. But I think it comes down to the teams that work better together and its the b-b teams. The b-g teams are usally cupple and will usally fight and teh g-g teams i just think have been very weak but if you work together you can go far no matter what look at teh winner exept flo and zach they all worked good together and exept tara and wil all the teams in the finals worked good together.
here are the teams that went the furthest
BOY BOY-
AR1 Rob and Brennan- Winners
AR2 Chris and Alex Winner
AR3 Ken and Gerord Third Place
Boy Girl
AR1 Frank and Margarita Second place
AR2 Tara and Wil Second Place
AR3 Flo and Zack Winners
Girl Girl
AR1 Nancy and Emily Fifth Place
AR2 Mary and Peach Sixth Place
AR3 Heather and Eve Ninth Place
It just really comes down to what teams work together will are strong and smart

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •