The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tell Tale Quotes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-29-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tell Tale Quotes"
As we prepare for season 9, let's compile quotes edited into the last 8 seasons that either misled us from, or gave away the winner. Perhaps we can trace a pattern in these quotes to help spoil Vanuatu. Here are a few that come to my mind:

GIVE AWAY: "I'm the winner. I already have the check written." Richard Hatch, Borneo

MISDIRECTION: "A black person will never win this game"
Sean, Marquesas

MISDIRECTION: "I'm not going to let one of my evil stepsisters win the million dollars!"
Christy, Amazon

MISDIRECTION: "I'd bet a million dollars that Sandra doesn't win."
Jonny Fairplay, Pearl Islands

GIVE AWAY: "We'll be spending my million. Worst Case scenario, we'll be spending hers (Amber)."
Rob, Allstars

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tell Tale Quotes smokedog 05-30-04 1
   RE: Silas Captain Hook 06-04-04 4
 RE: Tell Tale Quotes nclady27583 05-31-04 2
 RE: Tell Tale Quotes Captain Hook 06-04-04 3
   RE: Tell Tale Quotes janisella 07-13-04 5
 Each of the winners PepeLePew13 07-14-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-30-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tell Tale Quotes"
S5: Brian's "This is a business trip" quote.
S3: Silas's "Write me the check" rip off of Richard's quote.

Captain Hook 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-04-04, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain%20Hook Click to send private message to Captain%20Hook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Silas"
How could I forget the moment Silas ripped off Dique's classic "I have the million dollar check already written?" Not only did I forget Silas saying that but I also forgot there was a season 3. Africa? Hmmm? LOL, Anyways, when Silas boasted this insane remark, we saw the first ever Survivor twist when Boran and Samburu swaped three tribemates and Silas saw his demise in the same episode. Speaking of Silas, I could have sworn I saw him in a commercial for something. Did anyone else by chance see him recently on TV? I also saw Silas as a contestant on "Russian Roulette" on GSN...poor guy, obviously still trying to deny the inevitable that he will forever be just another meaningless face in the crowd...

nclady27583 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nclady27583 Click to send private message to nclady27583 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tell Tale Quotes"
The opening credits of Survivor Bornea: "one will go home a winner" as we watch Richard Hatch cross a rope bridge with his torch in hand.

Alicia: "I will never write your name down" said to Robfadder.

Captain Hook 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-04-04, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain%20Hook Click to send private message to Captain%20Hook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tell Tale Quotes"
Survivor: The Amazon
Episode 1

Ryan: "A woman will not win this game."

The irony of this came when Ryan, the male model, boasted to his tribemates that since they were divided into men and women, that a man would for sure be the winner. At the first immunity challenge the men had a significant lead when Ryan and his partner Dan failed to make it across the balance beam and not only lost that challenge to the girls but was the first person booted from the Amazon. And as we all know, Jenna was the eventual winner.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-13-04, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tell Tale Quotes"
I think the more telling quote from Amazon was Jenna's "I just want to beat the boys and shut them up"

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-14-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Each of the winners"
Just taking a look at all of the clues or key quotes that hinted who would be the winner in each of the Survivor seasons:

S1 Borneo: "You can go ahead and write me the check for a million dollars." Richard Hatch

S2 Australia: Tina Wesson was the only person who didn't speak in the first episode - "the dog that didn't bark"

S3 Africa: There's been some hype about the way the sun was filtered on the camera in each shot of Ethan Zohn in the first episode - the sun appeared to be Star of David-ish only with Ethan in the picture, but not for anyone else.

S4 Marquesas: Sean's quote in talking with eventual winner Vecepia Towery, "A black person will never win Survivor."

S5 Thailand: "This is just a business trip for me." Brian Heidik

S6 Amazon: "I just want to beat the guys." Jenna Morasca -- although the Ryan quote included above goes a long way towards helping Jenna's quote come through.

S7 Pearl Islands: "I guarantee Sandra won't win the million." Jonny Fairplay

S8 All-Stars: "We'll be spending my million. Worst Case scenario, we'll be spending hers (Amber) but I'll get the girl." Rob Mariano (not sure of the exact quote)

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •