The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Most miserable people in the world!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Most miserable people in the world!!!"
I thought it was kind of funny hearing Lance and Marshal call that Russians, when they themselves have been nothing but miserable this whole race. They hate everyone they come in contact with (foreigners and competing teams alike), they don't enjoy the magnificent places they visit, they don't really know jack, and they whine and complain all the time like two little kids (even though some other contestants do some whining and complaining of their own as well from time to time).

Maybe everyone and everything seemed so miserable to them becasue of the way they look at things. Take other teams - Chip and Kim for example - they are nice to everyone they meet, they enjoy the sceenery in every part of the world they go to, they are really happy with the experience....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Most miserable people in the wo... Megacanuck 08-04-04 1
   RE: Most miserable people in the wo... Sunny_Bunny 08-04-04 2
       RE: Most miserable people in the wo... Megacanuck 08-04-04 3
           RE: Most miserable people in the wo... Urban_Kitten 08-04-04 4
       RE: Most miserable people in the wo... love2smile 08-05-04 5
       RE: Most miserable people in the wo... Molaholic 08-05-04 6
           RE: Most miserable people in the wo... Megacanuck 08-06-04 7
 RE: Most miserable people in the wo... okaychatt 08-08-04 8
   RE: Most miserable people in the wo... foonermints 08-09-04 9
 RE: Most miserable people in the wo... okaychatt 08-11-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Megacanuck 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Megacanuck Click to send private message to Megacanuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
You're right - it's them who are miserable. They're finding things to complain about everywhere. I'm really enjoying watching the pleasure some of the other teams, such as Chip/Kim and Charla/Mirna, are getting just from being in these parts of the world. What was the point in them going on this show if they're just going to whine and complain about everyone and everything? They certainly don't have a chance at the $1 million, so why not enjoy their surroundings while they have the chance? Dopes.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
I agree with you, but...

It has been my experiance that some Yanks who profess to love to travel actually do nothing but b!tch and moan whenever they hit foreign soil.

I have seen this time and time again. I have been on London streets and overheard Yank tourists complian about everything from the fact that we drive "on the wrong side" to the food, the people, the shops, the countryside etc. I have seen them get angry in France, because some of the people they talk to are "foreigners who cant speak English." I have seen tourists in Japan complain about the same thing, and add in that they get so tried of "bowing and scraping."

I would bet my life that these two are the same way. Travel is supposed to expand your mind to new ideas and places. These two keep expecting everywhere to be "USA North, South, East, or West."

Basic idea here is: On their turf YOU are the foreigner. If you are looking for American culture and ideas, stay home.

Next on Jerry Springer. Idiot racers who will never win a million dollars, and the foreign nationals who want to kill them.

08-04-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Megacanuck Click to send private message to Megacanuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
I completely agree with you, but since I'm Canadian, I didn't want to say it! I have to admit though, that I know an awful lot of us Canucks who are the same way. I've told a couple of friends that they'd be better off renting some travelogues and watching them at home, rather than actually travel.

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
I'm sorry but ... Lance & Marshall belly-ached about their uncomfortable sleep on Goritti Island, complained about the locals in Buenos Aires, they called Myrna a bee-otch in Bariloche, complained ad nauseam (no pun) about eating chocolate, jumped the bus queue out of Argentina, complained ad nauseam (no pun) about eating caviar in St Petersburg, commented on the ugliness of the locals there and NOW one of them has knee pain????
Why are they even there? - oh yeah, they want a million dollars. I hope they enjoy their 3000 reincarnations as cockroaches which they've incurred with their Bad Karma Points.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-04 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

I agree that there are some people like that, and it's sad that they take an AWESOME trip like that and treat it like it's nothing.

However, on the flip side you find people like that in EVERY country and culture, not just in the USA.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
Just wanted to let you know, this is one Yank who really appreciates the wonder of foreign travel. In my two trips to London and the UK, I found the natives very helpful and friendly. There were several times when I was looking for some attaction, map in hand, and had people, seeing that I was a lost tourist, come up and offer help with directions, Tupe stops, etc.
As for "driving on the wrong side of the rode", well, after nearly getting knocked down by a bus (well, actually the second time, because I looked the wrong way at the corner, I realized that it was me who had to change. (Only later did I gather the courage to actually DRIVE in the UK).

To my Canuck friends, I had nearly the same experience in a trip to Montreal last year. Great people, very welcoming to lost tourists. (But at least this time I didn't have to reverse my brain to cross the street )

Team D'ough are definately the stereotypical "ugly americans" and the sooner they get eliminated, the better.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

08-06-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
Just to return the compliment, I was in San Francisco a couple of years ago, and am happy to say people couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful. I had an incident at the beach (let's just say you shouldn't have your back turned to the water's edge when the tide's coming in unless you're willing to get soaked) and had several people help me, including directing me to the nearest shoe store, offers of rides, towels, and general sympathy. It was amazing!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-08-04, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
Lance and Marshall are non-entities in this race. I barely know they're there. They barely merit mention in the edits each episode. I think that's because they are essentially dull, empty-souled people, incapable of enjoying life under any circumstances. YECH!

Since I'm a firm believer in what goes 'round comes 'round, they aren't enjoying the people and the traveling because L & M don't even like themselves or have any interest in anything other than themselves. Truly sad.

No way would I want to offer my assistance to a foreigner with that kind of attitude! Even as a viewer of the show, I find little empathy for Tweedle Dum's bad knee. Not once have I felt compelled to root for them. They don't even register on my interest scale.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
It seems to me they are far worse than Creichen shouting "speak English!" to the poor cabbie of last year. Even under the stress of the Amazing Race, obviously their mom never taught them manners or respect for other cultures. Gimmee-Gimmee Grab-Grab Beach-Beach. Their personal observations are awful.

1.'Russians are miserable?" No, it's just cold and they are on the train to work... been there myself.

2. Have an owee with your knees? -less eating of your famous product.

3. "Point at every one you see!" - Great knowledge of Rembrandt, or, of literature.

Paraphrased from Homer Simpson: "Man! When they were handing out brains, you must have been out taking a whiz!"

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-11-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Most miserable people in the world!!!"
As much as I dislike the brothers, I have to say I appreciated their remarks after they lost. It was refreshing to hear them express concern for each other both during and after the race. I didn't think they had any compassion or empathy in 'em.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •