The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 4 Players Web Chats"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 4 Players Web Chats"
These still may provide us a little discussion before tonights vote. I put all 4 web chats in one thread to keep new threads to a minimum. Listed 4th place to first.

RUPERT
--------------------------------------------------
SURVIVOR Host: Hi Rupert! Thanks for being here today. Are you ready to take some questions?
Rupert: Yes I am!

miranda: Hello Rupert. You played two real good games. I was rooting for you BOTH times. Between the two games you played, did you enjoy one more than the other? If so, which one?
Rupert: I had a better time playing ALL-STARS. I enjoyed myself a lot more, I felt more comfortable and more at ease. I was playing a different game, I was still--in my own way--in control of the tribe, but I stood back a little bit. When there was a decision to be made on ALL-STARS, if it didn't hurt me, I went along with it. On PEARL ISLANDS I tried to control the whole game. I relaxed a little more on ALL-STARS.

Legend41: Do you feel the game (especialy ALL-STARS) is geared more towards a cutthroat player and that a nice guy like Rupert has nearly no shot at winning?
Rupert: I think that the ALL-STARS game was geared toward more characters, not so much connivers. I was for sure a character out there. Now a good guy can win, and if I would have been able to force the tie at the Tribal Council I was voted out, I know I would have made it to the end.

rupertfan_3: Rupert, I think you played the game great, except why, oh why, did you not vote out Rob or Amber? There were several times when you had the chance.
Rupert: When I had the chance to vote out either Boston Rob or Amber I would go to the other tribemates to try to make them go against them. Every time we had the chance to put Amber out, they tried to target to Jenna or me. When other players say we could have switched the whole game up, that's really not true. It was hard to find someone to go against Rob and Amber. In that situation, I kept Rob and Amber close to me, and we all voted as a group.

jojo: Rupert, you are an awsome human being. What will you do with the million that you are going to win?
Rupert: (Laughs) I appreciate the confidence in thinking I'm going to win Thursday, but I did that in the Pearl Islands and it really let me down. This time, I cannot let myself think that I'm going to win the million. As of right now, even if I don't win, I am thrilled with all that has taken place. Now if I do win, the first thing I'm going to do is pay off my mama's house.

dgbk: What happened to Jerri last night? Did she come back later and talk with you?
Rupert: Last night all I saw was Jerri not getting the respect and emotions that she wanted out of the crowd. When she ran out of there I didn't know what was going on. And I never did see her again that night.

dearabby: Rupert, you are my all-time favorite Survivor. I think you set an excellent example of the measure of a man for your teens. Was it hard to keep your alliance with Rob, knowing he lacked the integrity that you have shown? If so, why did you do it?
Rupert: I looked at Rob as one of the kids I mentor. He's not much older than the kids I deal with at home every day. To give second and third chances is what I do in real life. I always want to see the good side come out, and I would encourage it. Rob proved his alliance to me when Lex and Kathy came over, looked him in the eye and said, "Why would you protect someone you don't know and stab your friend in the back?" Rob stood up with me and we put Lex off. Rob proved himself to me as a loyal ally. Even though he talked bad about me, he stood up for me, just like I would do for him.

bugaboo: Rupert, congratulations on being a great player. In my mind you are the #1 All-Star. I so wanted you to win the last Challenge. You appeared physically beat. What was the hardest thing those last three days?
Rupert: The last three days my reserves were gone. When I went into ALL-STARS, I was not as in as good as shape as I could have been. I was beat. By the end, I was just trying to keep myself in the game. Watching myself go through that maze, I remember how much pain I was truly in. I was so tired.

Dom: Hi Rupert! Congratulations on playing a great game. All of us in Australia love you. If you had a choice out of any of the Survivors, who would you take with you to the Final Two? Why would you take that person?
Rupert: If I had my choice, it would have been Rudy and me in the Final Two. He's a man of his word. We started the game together, and I sure would have liked to have ended it with him.

katjuice11: Rupert, first I want to say I think you are the GREATEST, and I voted for you to win! Whose idea was it to vote off Big Tom?
Rupert: First, thank you very much for the support. In terms of Big Tom, he wanted to put Jenna out, and she was my only ally. I could not let that happen. I don't want to say it was totally my idea, but the four of us agreed to put Big Tom out.

LauraineFromMass: How was the after-reunion party? No fistfights?
Rupert: (Laughs) No, there were no fist fights. I thought there was going to be one this morning on THE EARLY SHOW between Rob and Big Tom with me in between them. But no fights last night.

Trixie: Rupert, how much weight did you end up losing? The last episode, it looked like you were getting very skinny.
Rupert: (Laughs) I lost 50 pounds on my little SURVIVOR adventure.

rink: Rupert, are you going to design a clothing line of man skirts?
Rupert: (Laughs) You know, when I came back from the Pearl Islands, I thought about how nice it was to wear a skirt, and we thought about a line of men's skirts. When I saw Richard Hatch on ALL-STARS, I thought someone else was already marketing them. The boy showed up in a dress!

VOTERUPERT: What or who frustrated you the most in SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS?
Rupert: At the very end, when we got to the Final Four, Jenna not standing up for me. I understand it, but it was very frustrating.

Barbie: Rupert, how does it feel to be home and see the taped shows? What, if anything, surprised you the most when you watched them?
Rupert: The one thing that stands out is that they never showed us eating. We didn't do much eating, but when we did, we ate well. I got to the point where I was catching fish with my bare hands, and they never showed it once. That was probably my proudest moment--I caught a three-pound catfish with my hands--and they never showed it on TV.

MinnieZ: Hi Rupert. Prior to the Food/Reward Competition, you were able to embrace your lovely wife. How hard was it to see her fail at the Challenge when she worked so hard to be with you?
Rupert: She did not fail at that Challenge. She did better than I ever thought she would. She showed me an inner strength that was tougher than I ever imagined.

Rupert_Million: Rupert, how does it feel to be the most popular Survivor ever? Your popularity never dropped below anyone else both times you were out.
Rupert: To go on to see the popularity poll is the ultimate in an ego boost. I am the person who never felt adequate, and to see everyone out there giving me approval was one of the best things in my life.

SheBrat: Hey Rupert, how hard was it to go from PEARL ISLANDS to ALL-STARS, and did they give you some time with your family in between?
Rupert: I had about two months in between SURVIVORs, and I took every minute I could with my family.

Snoopie: Hi Rupert. You have become a hero to my little girls, and they have a question for you. What are some things that you and your daughter do together for fun?
Rupert: We love to go to the zoo in Indianapolis; we try to go at least once a week. That is my daddy-daughter time that I love.

Lizzie: Rupert, what in the world were you thinking when you built a below-ground shelter on a beach?
Rupert: (Laughs) I built that shelter above the tidal surge. It was still on sand, but I never planned on the tide hitting us. The shelter was built to keep us cool in the day and warm at night. Unfortunately, with the rains and the islands being volcanic, the water does not go into the ground. The water never came from the ocean; it came from the jungle behind us. It was a bad idea, but in Indiana we build basements.

HonkinOnBobo: Rupert, did you make a conscious effort to be more low-key this time around? You didn't try to orchestrate things as much as in PEARL ISLANDS.
Rupert: I made an effort to lead the tribe without showing everyone I was the leader. It was fine for me when Boston Rob and Amber wanted to take that lead role. I just hoped to guide them.

Melissa: Rupert, besides yourself, who do you think was the Ultimate Survivor?
Rupert: I feel like Rudy, at 76, is the Ultimate Survivor.

sharyn: Rupert, knowing that lying might have won the game, would you change the way you played to win?
Rupert: I played the game like I live my life. I do what I say and say what I do. Compromising who I am is not what I'm about.

Breezy: Rupert, is there any one person from the game that you would most like to keep in touch with?
Rupert: Rudy and I will always keep in touch; I have a good friend in Rudy. The other unlikely character in the group that I do enjoy company with is Boston Rob. I feel like he and I will be friends for many years to come.

WhitneyHouston: Rupert, you missed your oportunity to have a live chat for your PEARL ISLANDS show. Is there anything you want to mention about that experience?
Rupert: PEARL ISLANDS was a good beginning to my journey. I was not able to finish my journey there, and I am thrilled I was able to finish it on ALL-STARS. It was good that I had PEARL ISLANDS to practice, then ALL-STARS to really play the game right.

rink: Hi Rupert. On SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, how did Balboa die? Did he suffocate in that container you kept him in?
Rupert: When I found Balboa, he had gotten away from a bird. He had an open gash on his side about two inches long that I tried to bandage with a piece of my dress. The sack I kept him in was more to keep him warm and safe. I made sure there was plenty of air. He was just hurt too bad.

philo: Hello Rupert. Are you going to do any television after SURVIVOR? People want to watch you, man.
Rupert: (Laughs) I am in negotiations with a few cable networks to try and get my own show. I am also doing the super-model challenge with the Texas Bikini Team at the Venetian in Vegas this summer that will be on cable. I will be one of the judges. I want to be on TV more; hopefully, that will be my new career.

Gerri: Rupert, on the PEARL ISLANDS show Ryan O said you smelled the worst. Who do you think smelled the worst on that show and on ALL-STARS?
Rupert: Well, I personally think we all stunk on both shows.

Puma_Puma: Rupert, on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, in the 1st episode you stole the other tribe's shoes. That was pretty funny (and smart). In SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, did you perform any other type of similar action that maybe wasn't aired?
Rupert: (Laughs) No, I never got the chance to take advantage of any of the other tribes like I did the Morgans.

shoptaw: Why should I vote for you to win the second million dollars?
Rupert: I'm the only Survivor who's done back-to-back SURVIVORs, and I still haven't won. This is my third chance, and maybe the third time is the charm. I would love to get everyone's vote, but I hope you vote for who you feel deserves it.

SURVIVOR Host: Unfortunately, our time with Rupert is up. Rupert, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any final comments for your fans out there?
Rupert: Thank you all for the thousands of letters and wonderful fan mail I receive. It has been a joy to read with my family. If you want to know more about me, check out rupertb.com. Again thank you very much to one and all. I appreciate it immensely.

---------------------------------------------

JENNA
---------------------------------------------
Survivor Host: Hi Jenna! Thanks for joining us. Are you ready for some questions?
Jenna L: I'm ready! As long as you don't ask why I didn't win!

Aussie_Rupert_Fan_2: What's it like knowing that it's quite possible a twitch of your foot may have cost you a million bucks? And after seeing it on TV, do you now realize that you did lift your foot?
Jenna L: I realize out there that I did lift my foot. My argument had been that in the beginning of the Challenge Amber and Rob were shuffling their feet. But they didn't shift the cameras to our feet until the second hour, when we started to get tired. And I would have won the million dollars--Jeff said last night that I wouldn't have won because Shii Ann said she would have changed her vote. But Rupert would have also changed his vote -- and he would have voted for me, and I would have won.

pepperspray: Jenna, why did you agree to come back and do it all over again?
Jenna L: I think we're all adventurous people and little sadistic and masochistic. We love to give and receive pain. And it's an adventure that many people don't get to do once, let alone be honored enough to be considered an All-Star and have a second chance.

Legend41: Jenna, besides being voted off what was the toughest thing you went through on the island and why?
Jenna L: Day nine or ten, I believe, while we were still on Saboga, our shelter washed away (thanks Rupert) and we spent an entire night thinking we were going to die. Suffering hypothermia the next day, it was the one time in the game that I questioned why I came again.

LauraineFromMass: Congratulations on third place, well done. Were you surprised at the hostility from Lex, Alicia , Kathy and Tom?
Jenna L: Yes. Very surprised. I don't know what game they thought they signed up for, but I signed up for a game where you put friendships on the line. Eventually you have to vote everyone else out if you want to be Sole Survivor. They were big babies. I like them as people, but as part of the game, emotions are going to run high. You have to separate the real world and SURVIVOR.

that_canadian_rice: Jenna, you were talking about the "Purple Rock Pick." Had Jeff indicated that this would be used as a tiebreaker instead of asking questions?
Jenna L: Yes. Jeff distinctly told us that the tie would be drawing a rock. That's why I chose to put fate in my own hands.

Quokka: Hi Jenna. Congratulations on playing a great game. If you could choose from any of the Survivors, who would you take with you to the Final Two and why?
Jenna L: I would have chosen Boston Rob because he mad so many enemies that I could have easily won. And I respected his game a lot.

yoyo: Is that true even if the choice was between Rob and Rupert?
Jenna L: Yes. I would have still have chosen Boston Rob because I was there to win, and my chances of winning against Rob were much better than against Rupert. I LOVE Rupert, but I was there for the million for my daughters.

RadioGaGa: Thanks for helping make ALL-STARS such a success, was there anything not shown to the viewers that you wish had made it?
Jenna L: There was ton not shown. For instance, I instigated the big fight between Kathy and Boston Rob. I also was the one who told Rupert and Rob that Big Tom had approached me to vote off Rob. Rob ended up believing me, so did Rupert, over Tom. And I did that because I wanted everyone fighting, because people who are fighting are not making deals. But I started both of those fights, and seeing it last night on the Reunion, with Tom still adamantly telling Rob he never approached us to vote him off, made me giggle because I started all that crap and walked away. But I needed to preserve Rupert and I for the Final Four.

John: If the game were based solely on truth and morality, who should get the money and the cars?
Jenna L: Probably Rudy, he was always truthful, I don't think he could lie to someone or back-stab them. Rudy would win--but he better share the car with me for suggesting it.

chickb: Jenna, were you upset that Amber gave Shi Ann the car and not you?
Jenna L: Yes, of course I was. Because Amber talked so much crap about Shii Ann, and I don't understand why she said last night that Shii Ann was the swing vote, because she knew for two Tribal Councils that Shii Ann considered her the mastermind. I think she awarded Shii Ann the car simply because Shii Ann had put in her time kissing Amber's but. There was no other reason. If anyone was the swing vote it was Alicia.

all4jenna: Hi Jenna, why did you end up going to Mogo Mogo for the Ambassador Challenge, and who did you think should have represented you guys?
Jenna L: I ended up going because I drew the short straw, and I was a great ambassador because I brought them gifts, which was solely my idea. I don't think anyone else would have.

dugger: Jenna--were you afraid of a backlash after your speech about former winners from the first Tribal Council?
Jenna L: No. I was never afraid of the backlash because while I was on Saboga I controlled the voting. Getting Tina off was a lot more strategy than just "voting off the winners." If you re-watch the show I distinctly say it would be easier to convince the others to vote off the winners. It was simply a way to get two others off, and not me. I knew that there would be resentment toward the winners, and I capitalized on it.

MassGirl: Is your brother still mad about Jeff disqualifying him?
Jenna L: No, not at all. He's upset because he's competitive. But he realized that if I had left that night for a Reward it would have put me in jeopardy with my tribe.

Annabee: Jenna, what do you hope your daughters learn from your SURVIVOR experience?
Jenna L: I hope they learn to be competitive, strong willed, compassionate when you need to be, but don't be a sucker. And it is truly a game.

Mommarabbit: Jenna, congratulations on your recent marriage. Was the wedding planned before the show or did it come up after?
Jenna L: No, the wedding was spontaneous. I had no idea about Rob and Amber last night on the show. I had only been dating him a short while and it was spontaneous in Las Vegas.

BOSTON_RAT: Jenna, do you think the game is going to change now after all the controversies on ALL-STARS?
Jenna L: No. I think ALL-STARS was difficult because we all knew each other. It's definitely easier to play with strangers. There isn't as much history, therefore not as much high emotion.

NascarSpeed42: Jenna, your video asking for my vote for Rupert helped make my decision to vote for him. Was it hard to decide to ask us to do that?
Jenna L: No. It wasn't hard. I'm not joking when I say this. A vote for me is like a vote for Nader. You're wasting it, so put it to good use. I love Rupert, he deserves it as much as I do, and I betrayed him in this game. Hopefully I can make up for it.

MoneyForRobC: Do you think that Amber played the game better than Rob, or did she get the money because people were so pissed at Rob?
Jenna L: Amber rode coattails, she didn't deserve the million. She won because people cannot separate the game from reality. Rob played a masterful game. It's really too bad that she's now crowned the best Survivor.

HockeyPerson: Jenna who did you find to be the most annoying tribe member? Thanks and good luck to you.
Jenna L: Shii Ann. The one thing I have going for me is that I know I can be annoying and can talk a lot. Shii Ann has no perception of how grating she can be. She made it seem like we were stupid players for not adhering to her "wise beyond her years words." We didn't listen because we didn't give two bleeps for what she said--making her the stupid player.

Timmah: Jenna, good going. What will you do now that this adventure is over?
Jenna L: I'm going to be a mom. And if anything that I had a choice to do I would probably work in radio, or hosting, because in radio I would get to talk everyday. And hosting because I would get to be with my girls everyday.

Survivor Host: Unfortunately, our time with Jenna is up. Jenna, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any final comments for the Survivor fans?
Jenna L: I will forever be replaying the slip of the foot and losing the million dollars, just like Bill Buckner, and I appreciate all of your support. Go vote for Rupert to win a million dollars for me.

ROB
SURVIVOR Host: We are now joined by Boston Rob, Hey Rob! Thanks for joining us. Are you ready for some some questions?
Rob M: All right! Thanks for being here. Definitely, let's do it.

TimothyP: Rob, you said, "I'm sure people took this game very personal, and that's their frickin' problem." Do you regret making comments like that?
Rob M: You know the game was very personal, but when it got down to the final vote, I think people had a tough time separating their feelings from the game. And that is their problem. I was just playing a game, playing it hard, and I didn't allow personal feelings to enter my game plan. I was able to stay focused.

DanieuB: Yay Rob! Excellent game! Why didn't you try and make a better case for the Jury? Was it because of guilt?
Rob M: You know when you sit in the Final Two seats at the last Tribal Council that you're in a difficult situation. On one hand, you want to tell people how you really feel, and say, "Hey look, I outplayed you, get over it," and on the other hand, you want people to vote for you. In the end, I think I handled myself pretty well, considering all the abuse I took.

Robbie: Boston Rob, do you think "win at any cost" is a good attitude to have in SURVIVOR, and is there a line you wouldn't cross in the game?
Rob M: I think absolutely: win at all costs should be the motto for everyone playing SURVIVOR. Let's not forget it's a game. That was my attitude going into this, anyway. I'm not sure where my ethical line would have been, but I think I stayed within my boundaries in the course of the game.

niki73: Rob, what was going through your mind when the tribes were being switched around? You deserve an Oscar for your performance with Lex after your tribe won Immunity.
Rob M: Thank you (laughs). It was like a bad nightmare flashback to Marquesas. The one person I truly needed in the game got stuck on the other tribe. I made a promise to Amber at the beginning to keep her in the game as long as I could and try to protect her. At this point, I was still thinking solely about the alliance. It wasn't until after we were separated that I realized I had true feelings for her.

Heyooo: Hi Rob, were you thinking for a second to step down and give Amber the last Immunity win? And why did you not?
Rob M: At first I was going to give her the Immunity because I believed she would take me to the Final Two. But it would defeat everything I set out to accomplish in the game, which was stay in the full 39 days. I didn't want to just give it to her. We're both very competitive people, and we both agreed to fight it out until the end.

HoneyBee: Rob, even though you know better, after having watched the show, did it seem like Amber was just using you to get ahead?
Rob M: No. I could tell very early on that we had a connection that went beyond an alliance, and I think she'll agree with me. In the beginning, I knew we were both playing each other, but fairly early on I knew we had a connection that was stronger than just an alliance. But it was always in the back of my mind--99.9 percent--that everything was solid.

JasonV: Hi Rob, I understood why you said that about Bo. He lost the spear tip. Do you think Tom overreacted?
Rob M: Thanks for understanding. Finally someone who gets it. I think he did overreact to a degree. I never meant any maliciousness. I never meant what I said to be derogatory. Tom and I used to joke around all the time out there. If I did offend Tom or Bo or his family, I apologize for that.

ManicMonday: Rob, what became of the scrapbook?
Rob M: Good question. CBS told us that the winner was going to keep the scrapbook, and when we got down to the Final Four we agreed that whoever won would make three copies of everything for the others. I did see it at Madison Square Garden the other night, but I don't know what became of it. It may be being auctioned off for charity.

Europia: Rob, first, congradulations. Everyone wants Rupert to win the vote for the million because he seems so nice. Did you see another side to him out there that we didn't, or do you think he deserves to win also?
Rob M: First of all, thank you for your comments. I think Rupert is a great guy. Everyone seems to love him, and I have to agree. However, I don't think Rupert played the game as well as I did. And I truly believe I deserve to win the other million dollars. So I'm asking everybody out there who truly thinks I played the game the best to please vote for me. It would make my dreams come true. Thank you.

seawater: Hi Rob. When did you first realize that Lex and Tom would have formed an alliance if Lex had survived, and why won't Tom admit it? Has anyone else come up to you saying you were correct about this?
Rob M: It's funny because in the beginning everyone used to joke around with Tom about him having an alliance with Lex and Ethan, because they had one in Africa. Tom denied it to the point where it became very obvious that he did have a prearranged deal. Kathy and Lex were the ones that outright said it was true and sold him out. I have no idea why Tom won't admit it. I think because they told us when they were casting the show not to make any prearranged alliances. Nobody else has told me it was correct, but I think it was obvious to everyone. He won't admit it, and it wasn't really a big deal. What bothers me is he wouldn't admit it, and he still won't admit it.

goflamesgo: Rob, is Lex still mad at you?
Rob M: I have no idea how Lex feels about me. I think Lex is a great guy with a great heart. I think he let his emotions and personal feelings get the best of him, and he forgot we were playing a game. I've apologized numerous times, and life is too short to hold a grudge. But what are you supposed to do if someone won't accept your apology? Lex has been mad because he said I came to him as a friend asking for a favor, which I did. I used friendship in every way I could to get ahead in the game and keep my alliances intact. However, we were playing a game. He said he did the favor as a friend. Well, when a true friend asks me to do a favor for him, I don't expect anything in return. On another note, Lex has said when it came down to making the decision, it wasn't even him who made it; it was Kathy. So I think Lex, if he's going to be mad at anybody, he should be mad at Kathy. But most of all, he should be mad at himself. I'm really sorry he feels this way, and I hope it is something he can get over. I never meant to hurt him personally.

ToddCC: Rob, have you made up with Kathy?
Rob M: I love Kathy; I always will. I think she's a very strong person and a great game player. I think time will heal everything.

wicked_hod: Rob, were you jealous when Amber got to go with Rupert and Jenna to the resort spa?
Rob M: (Laughs) No, I was very happy for her. I really tried to win that Challenge, and things seem to work out in a funny way for me. If I had won that Challenge, I would have wanted to take Amber with me. I also would have felt indebted to take Lex, and who knows what would have happened if I had. When it gets down to individual Immunities and Challenges, I would suggest people go for the Immunity, not the Rewards, because winning Rewards only brews jealousy and resentment among the other tribe members.

Yikes: Rob, what did your brother think of the dreaded Food Challenge?
Rob M: Poor Mikey. I give him a lot of credit. He took down every menu item without complaint. The farfaru was the worst, and I was gagging on the sidelines when they brought it out, having flashbacks from MARQUESAS. Happy birthday to him, and thank you.

Swannabe: Hey Rob, great game! You rocked this season. One question: It's one thing to outwit and get people thrown off, it's another thing to say bad things about them during your confessionals. What did you have to gain by trash-talking your competition behind their backs?
Rob M: Thanks a lot, man. I was just trying to put a funny spin on things; that's my sense of humor. I never wanted anyone to take anything personally. I work in construction, and every morning the guys bust your chops; it's all in good fun. I guess not everyone is as thick-skinned as I am.

HockeyPerson: Rob, can you tell us something that was said in Tribal Council that was not aired? Thanks and good luck!
Rob M: When Jenna asked the question what are you going to do with the million dollars, she actually asked, what is the first, non-selfish charitable thing you're going to do with the million. Also, the final speeches were edited out of order. They were actually delivered in the order that the people were kicked off. Lex first and Jenna last. Another thing you didn't see at the very end of Tribal Council: Jeff gave us a last opportunity to plead our cases. I stood up and told the Jury that I think I played the game hard and didn't mean to hurt their feelings, but that I hoped they would vote for me because I was the best player and they should put their emotions aside.

SmrlisNrfrlis: Rob, do you think that your romance with Amber will change the dynamics of the future shows? Will people try hooking up to try to win the million?
Rob M: I don't know about all that, but I'll say this. Amber and I were able to find trust in a game where trust is the most important element. If two people can come together and trust each other and work as a team without anyone else knowing--or do it out in the open like us--then they'll be unstoppable. Two votes are better than one. And three is better than two, but when you get to three, ultimately three will win out. Just look at what happened with Jenna and Rupert.

WindyCityJo: Rob, c'mon buddy! Was it hard to muster up those tears at the final Jury inquest?
Rob M: (Laughs) You know, the last Tribal Council was very heated and very emotional. I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn't going to win (laughs).

RoxxSoxx: Rob, it seems that you and Rob C. could have rocked in a secret alliance. Did you ever consider that?
Rob M: No. I never considered it. I think Rob C. is a really funny guy, but he used to constantly degrade himself to be funny, and it got annoying. I don't think I could handle 39 days with him. But I think Rob's great guy; I just couldn't play with him.

SunshineDay: Rob, seeing it from the outside, after watching the show, whose game do you respect the most, aside from yours and Amber's?
Rob M: I really like and respect the way Richard Hatch played the game. I think he gets it: it's a game, a win-at-all-costs game, and he doesn't make excuses when it's over.

Oops: Rob, did you hurt yourself when you slipped and fell on the yacht when you were golfing drunk?
Rob M: (Laughs) No, I didn't hurt myself, just my ego a little bit.

rascal913_mon: Rob, what do you wish you had done differently in order to possibly have won the respect of the other Survivors?
Rob M: I don't know that there was too much else I could have done. I played as hard as I could, and I think that when it came down to it, people's feelings got hurt, and they couldn't separate that from that it was a game. I have no regrets for how I played the game, and I'd do it all again the same way even if it meant the same results.

DanieuB: Hi Rob, will you be going back to your construction job, or is there going to be a career change?
Rob M: You know, I always love construction. Right now, I'm going to enjoy all the opportunities headed my way. I would love to do a TV show that involved construction in some aspect. But ultimately, construction will always be a part of my life.

SURVIVOR Host: Unfortunately, our time with Boston Rob is up. Rob, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any closing words for SURVIVOR fans?
Rob M: Thanks for joining me, I really appreciate it, all the fans all season long, especially all you guys on the Internet. I love checking out all the Web sites. I had a great time playing this season. I would really appreciate it if you guys got together, got on cbs.com and voted for me to win the million. That would ultimately show me that you guys -- the fans -- really get that it's a game that I played the best and not a popularity contest.
--------------------------------------------------------

AMBER
--------------------------------------------------------
Survivor Host: Hi Amber! Thanks for being here today. Are you ready to take some questions?
Amber: Sure! I'm glad people are out here and excited to talk to me!

huskerfan: So, Amber how does it feel to have the million dollars and the man? (whom by the way is extremely HOT HOT HOT!)
Amber: Thanks, I think he's extremely hot, hot, hot, too. It's extremely overwhelming, it's just sinking in and what else could I ask for? The million and the man--I don't need anything else!

Chetino: Hi Amber. First of all, congrats on your win! What have you and Rob been up to since the finale on Sunday?
Amber: It's been a nonstop press tour, being rushed from one place to the next. I'm not complaining, because I know a lot of people would like to be sitting where I am.

niki73: Amber, I am probably the only person in America who believes that you won on your own merits. How does it feel that people believe you rode Rob's Coattails?
Amber: I think just because my game was not as obvious as Rob's was does not mean that I'm not as deserving as he was. My scheming was much more low key than his. Rob is an outspoken person with a bit of a temper. I made sure my scheming was low key. And thanks for thinking I'm deserving.

Epiphany: Amber in an interview you called all former tribemates idiots... do you really think that was fair?
Amber: In the interview I was talking about the game. I don't think they're idiots in real life, but when playing the game they did not do too great of a job. It was obvious to all of them and the viewing audience that Rob and I had an extremely strong alliance going. Why they didn't break us up I'll never know.

NewOrleansLady: Hi Amber ... How did you know that the votes were going to be soooo close ... and how do you figure Shi-Ann was the swing vote?
Amber: I did think it would be close because Rob is a good competitor. I figured out of everyone, Shii Ann was going into the vote without any hurt feelings, and she seems to be good at separating the game from real life, so I knew she would vote strategically. Everyone else was voting based on emotion.

Epiphany: Amber, how has this experience and winning the money changed you?
Amber: It hasn't changed me as a person. I just discovered that there's more to me than I realized before. I'm much stronger than I thought I was, and much more confident about defeating any challenges life has brought me and that are still coming in life.

EB: Congratulations on the win and the engagement! Who do you think will win the AMERICA'S TRIBAL COUNCIL vote on Thursday?
Amber: I think Rob should win. If you're voting based on who played the game best, Rob was sitting in the end right beside me. The game says "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast," and he did that over everyone else except me. Vote for Rob!

Mark: Amber, after all that Rupert has done in the Pearl Islands and SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, not mention he did it back to back, don't you agree he deserves the million Thursday more than any of the other players?
Amber: No . Just because he did back to back episodes does not mean he played the game the best. He had more than enough time to recover between shows, but he was outwitted, outlasted and outplayed by three other people. Even Jenna lasted longer than him.

hotwater: Congrats Amber. Have you sought advice from the other seven winners yet? What is the best advice you have gotten and from whom?
Amber: I haven't really had a chance to sit down and talk to the other winners, but Richard Hatch is first on my list. I think out of all the winners he's made the million dollar winnings into the most it can be.

Chat_2: Amber, I think you did a good job. I want to know why you broke your alliance with Big Tom? He was so mad!
Amber: The game of Survivor is played by making not only one alliance but as many as possible. If one alliance fails, you have many to go to for backup plans. Rob was my first alliance, Big Tom was just a backup.

Epiphany: Amber WOO HOO!! YOU RAWK! And nice rock. Did anyone confront you about Rob and how they wanted him off?
Amber: Yes, time and time again. But I was thinking strategically. In the end, I know people went with their emotions, and when sitting next to him in the final two, I thought I could beat him.

Ambersbiggestfan: Amber, what made you want to come back for SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, and was it any easier the second time around?
Amber: Everything made me want to come back--the adventure and the second chance at winning the million. I thought it would be easier the second time around, but boy was I wrong. I could have done SURVIVOR: OUTBACK blindfolded compared to how hard Panama was.

PooDiddy: Amber, why did you feel that Alicia didn't deserve to be on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS?
Amber: Well, we were forced into answering the question, so you had to pick someone. I knew strategically that when it came down to it she would be the first to go from Chapera. Out of the people I had to choose from, it came down to her.

AmberFan: Amber, you have to admit you and Rob were awfully smug and lazy but you still won. Why was your comfort level so high? And did you ever fear you or Rob would be voted out?
Amber: I think we both did a decent amount of work that was necessary. But when playing a game that involved extreme Challenges you have to be smart enough to save your energy. It just seemed so easy to tell everyone what to do. Even though we should have been afraid of being voted off, we weren't

snuzuluz: Great job last night on LATE NIGHT WITH DAVID LETTERMAN. Brains and beauty! Any plans to do some acting? Get yourself a good agent and the sky's the limit for you. Good luck!
Amber: It's not something I would turn down, but I'm more interested in hosting and commercial work. So bring the opportunities my way! Thanks for the compliment, by the way.

Nate: Hi Amber, where are you and Rob going to live now? Boston? Pittsburgh?
Amber: It's something we haven't discussed in detail, but I know it will be a hard decision. Who knows, maybe it will be neither, but maybe somewhere in between.

RupertForPresident: Amber, since you have had some time to spend with Rob outside of SURVIVOR, is his personality any different or was that the real Rob we all saw on SURVIVOR?
Amber: You saw the real Rob in a competitive nature, but when it comes down to it there's nothing competitive about our relationship. We work as a team, and that's why I love him.

avacado: Was it awkward getting proposed to on national TV? You just didn't seem very happy. Was it really nerves?
Amber: I was definitely happy, even though my face might not have shown it. I was extremely nervous going out there, first of all for the vote. It wasn't an awkward moment, it was a shocking moment. But I loved every second of it.

Smartypants: Hi Amber, I'm excited to get to chat with you! After the Reunion Show, did everybody kiss and make-up, did Jerri come back, and did Lex's hair glow in the dark? Give us the scoop.
Amber: Thanks for chatting with me. Rob and I were whisked off stage separate from everyone, so if anybody kissed and made up, it wasn't with us. I never saw Jerri for the rest of the night, but she was around the next morning after she had some time to cool off.

I_love_rudy: How did you feel about Jerri's comments at the Reunion Show?
Amber: Her comment was actually a compliment that she never got to finish. The ending of her statement and what she was trying to say was that even though there were a lot of hurt feelings she was thankful that something did come from the show, meaning the love of me and Rob.

martinique: Amber, Shii Ann was a good choice to give the car to. But what about Jerri? Did you consider her? She helped you on both editions of SURVIVOR.
Amber: There were a lot of people out there that helped me win the million. But when it came down to it, Shii Ann's strategy was what won my vote. She went out fighting to the bitter end, and the swing vote was hers that helped me win the million.

RupertRulz: Hello Amber, You said that you "definitely considered playing against Rupert a great honor," can you please elaborate more on that?
Amber: Rupert was someone I never had a chance to meet before the ALL-STARS experience. I think he's a great guy whose values in life are similar to mine. He made the experience fun, and I also I give him credit for doing back-to-back shows in the same location. That's why I respect him.

WindyCityJo: Amber, congratulations to you! How do you feel about sticking out the whole game, and winning, only to have another player win a million by a popularity vote?
Amber: I don't think the vote should be based only on popularity. I think it should be based on the next person who played the game the best. I'm excited for it, and excited for the person who wins it. It doesn't steal any of the excitement I feel from winning the ALL-STARS and the million.

JokeySmurf: Amber, who was the most annoying person on ALLSTARS??
Amber: Everyone gets annoying after living with them everyday all day long. But most annoying would probably have to be Shii Ann, just because that's what her strategy most involved.

KingRupert: Amber, did you and Rob ever sneak away from camp for some "private" time or were the cameras a concern?
Amber: It was pretty much next to impossible to ever escape the cameras. If we ever did get away it was for never longer than five minutes. What you saw was what you got. You get used to the cameras after 39 days.

rascal913_mon: Amber, during the Challenge for the automobile, did you let Rob win, or were you really trying to win that one?
Amber: I was really trying to win that Challenge, but I did let him win the word find Challenge. Rob was being targeted pretty heavily before that Challenge, so it made no sense for me to win it.

Boogie: Amber, during the Immunity Challenge that Shii Ann won, you were out in about four minutes. Was that on purpose, knowing you would not be voted out?
Amber: No, I don't give up that easily. I was actually pretty confident I would win that challenge. When the water came down I was shocked, I didn't even realize my hand had moved.

Hungrybear: Amber besides Rob was there anyone else you made a lasting friendship with?
Amber: From the All-STARS cast, I have friendships with quite a few. I may not be as close with them as friends from home, but I'll be sure to keep in touch with Jenna L., Rupert, and obviously Jenna M. since we live in the same city. But I'm not against hearing from the rest of the crew too.

Shanana: Amber, did you and Rob ever consider bringing Rob C. in on your alliance? After all, he is such a student of the game!
Amber: Being such a student of the game is exactly why he was voted off so early. He wasn't someone we wanted around strategizing behind our backs. Remember, just because you make an alliance with someone doesn't mean you can trust them.

bostonrobownsall: Amber, how do you think the fans would have perceived Rob if he took Jenna to the Final Two instead of you?
Amber: I think they should view it as a strategic move, and not a move based on whom he cares for more. Rob was out there to play the game, and if he thought that he could have won against Jenna I would have respected that decision.

RUPERT_FOR_PRESIDENT: Amber, are you planning a long or short engagement?
Amber: When it comes down to it, I'm not really sure. Things are pretty busy right now with everything related to SURVIVOR. But I'm definitely looking forward to getting the plans started.

Loves-Rupert: Amber, if CBS presented you with the option of having your wedding on TV, would you go for it? Or would you rather a family wedding?
Amber: That seems to be one of the most popular questions. It's not something Rob and I have talked about, but it will definitely have to be a joint decision. Who knows, we'll see.

MeNskippy: Amber, do you yourself really think Jenna would have won had she been in the Final Two with Rob? She thinks so!
Amber: I don't think she should have won against Rob, I think Rob played a better game. But the Jury does tend to vote with their emotions. I guess we'll never know.

RobM_Fan: Amber, are you amazed how bitter Lex, Kathy and others are? Do you think they'll ever forgive and forget?
Amber: Yes, I think it's pretty ridiculous how dramatic they're being about this whole situation. When it comes down to it, it's a game, a game they lost. As far as forgiveness goes, we've done all we can do to apologize. I'm not holding a grudge, life's too short.

jela: Amber, did you have any secret side alliances with anyone that rob didn't know about or was it rob all the way?
Amber: I did have other alliances with Alicia and was considering one with Shii Ann. But on top of that I was already in so many others and was thinking about the end when all these alliances would have been torn apart. Rob had more alliances than I, which is why he had so many more people mad at him. Strategically I think that was a bad move, which is why I won.

VoteRupert: If you two weren't in the drawing for the million dollars for Thursday night, who would you pick and why?
Amber: I probably wouldn't want to pick anybody. I think the only people who strategically deserve to win would be Rob and me. But I already won and don't want to ask for more.

Survivor Host: Unfortunately, our time with Amber is up. Amber, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any final comments for the SURVIVOR fans?
Amber: I'd like to thank everyone for their love and support. They have made this experience all the more exciting. Vote Rob to win the second million!
-------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 4 Players Web Chats bdemoney 05-13-04 1
   RE: Final 4 Players Web Chats Get Bent 05-13-04 2
 RE: Final 4 Players Web Chats Puffy 05-13-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 4 Players Web Chats"
Thanks, Get Bent, for the final four's chats. They were interesting to read. (although at lot to read at once!)

I thought it was kinda funny to read that Jenna was mad at Amber for not awarding the car to her. Yet Amber said in her chat that they will continue to be friends.

Also thought Amber's response to if she and Rob would get married on TV was interesting. Her response "Who knows, we'll see." Don't think I'd be tuning in to see the Romber wedding!

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 4 Players Web Chats"
I know it was a lot to read at once, but I thought four threads would be too much. Maybe I should have done two. Oh well.

I noticed those comments too. Also that Amber felt she wasn't riding Rob's coattails and the way she put that I found interesting.

I also mentioned this in the LONG CBS Extra Million voting thread. I found it interesting that Jenna and Rupert had a lot more to do with how the game turned out. Jenna actually instigated a fight with Kathy and Rob, and she started the lie about Tom wanting to get Rob out. This manipulation is why she and Rupert made it to the F4. We were not shown this so the AV would still think Rob made all the call, instead it shows he was played.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 4 Players Web Chats"
Thanks for printing this all here. Enjoyed reading it and learned a thing or two.

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •