The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A look back at the editing and strategy..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-04, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A look back at the editing and strategy..."
I wanted to start a new thread post finale as there is some new info to be gained in hindsight.

Strategy:
1.Work hard on your tribe in the beginning and then slowly cut back once you reach the final 9. Working hard in the beginning is a must in this game. It's not a gaurantee for success, but if your lazy expect to see your name on the parchment really soon.

2.Early alliances are the strongest. Despite Jiffies and MB's attempt to mix things up, a strong 2 person alliance will take a player far into the game.

3.The most successful alliances involve a women(Thialand being the only exception). Stronger males are targets early on especially by other strong males.

...please feel free to add your own to this list

Editing:
MB broke a rule we in the spoiling community generally follow, and that is the revealed strategy never work, especially early on.

The quotes by Rob and Amber about each other had no irony in them at all.

Alicia's quote about never writing Rob's name down certainly came true. Can anyone point to a key quote(s) about this season?

MB really missed the boat with all of the controversy involving the Lex pre-boot chat between Rob, Kathy and Lex.

All and all I'm not to happy with the editing.

DRONES

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A look back at the editing and ... Flowerpower 05-10-04 1
 RE: A look back at the editing and ... blacknwhitedog 05-10-04 2
 RE: A look back at the editing and ... esquire 05-10-04 3
 RE: A look back at the editing and ... Brownroach 05-10-04 4
   RE: A look back at the editing and ... Flowerpower 05-10-04 5
       RE: A look back at the editing and ... DoodleBug 05-10-04 6
       RE: A look back at the editing and ... DRONES 05-10-04 7
       RE: A look back at the editing and ... Brownroach 05-11-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-04, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
Interesting assessments, Drones. I'd say that Veruca and company called this season's editing a long time ago, in that it was out front and straight forward this time, as this was ALL-STARS. Different editing for the ALL-STARS.

I really felt that Rupert got a Great edit in the final episode. Loyal, hard working, intense and focused....and above all left the show with class and dignity, and respecting the people who outlasted him. Sure looks as though MB wants Rupert, the star of his Pearl Islands, and one of the stars of A$$, to win a million dollars too.

I felt Lex's comments were so bitter and reflective of him, the hypocrite that he is. And I say WELL DONE to Shii-devil for her straight forward call to Lex, during her jury statement. I wish Ethan and Jerri had had a chance to voice their opinions of Lex's choices. Shii-Ann really evolved throughout the show, IMO. I must say I see her much more positively than I did in her first series.

It's almost as if Lex and Kathy really soiled Tom's chances by revealing their strategy of realigning with Tom come merge time...was Tom oblivious to this or not....I wonder, I'm dubious.
Tom, albeit a likeable character, just did'nt play the game until it was too late for him. I would have liked to have seen Rob call Tom on this at the merge...

Just some thoughts.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
After Shii Ann's little speech at TC, when she said she was voting against the person that just might win the million dollars, I knew after that Amber would win it all.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
>Editing:
>MB broke a rule we in
>the spoiling community generally follow,
>and that is the revealed
>strategy never work, especially early
>on.

I would add that not only the Rob-Amber alliance, but the Rob-Amber-Rupert-Jenna alliance lasted until the fial 4 like it was initially planned

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
MB broke a rule we in the spoiling community generally follow, and that is the revealed strategy never work, especially early on.

This was the biggest about-face in MB's editing: giving us the Final 2 from the get-go. I doubt we'll see this again -- but then I doubt we'll see another Survivor fairy-tale romance again, which I'm sure fueled MB's decision to keep Ramber front and center the whole time. (And let's face it, they trampled all over the competition.)

Jenna's L.'s editing remains a mystery to me. She was edited as the scrappy underdog; toward the end a mild annoyance factor started to surface, but not a whole lot was made of it in the show, though it was mentioned by JP and in the post-boot interviews. I'd have expected MB to play her annoyance factor up since she was getting booted at F3, thereby making it more obvious that Rob was making the wrong choice to take to F2 (see: Keith vs. Tina).

As it was, from her editing I really thought she would be in the final 2 (though I have to admit, I couldn't see HOW she would possibly win a challenge, ever ).

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-04 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

I just wanted to add something that I noted last night and felt was interesting. I really, in my mind, could not figure out the rationale of why Romber spared Rupert over Tom at F5. Rob had won immunity, and I know that Rob never trusted Tom, yet still, Tom was far less of a threat to Rob than Rupert was. So, I still questioned why Romber voted with Rupert to give Tom the boot then.

Well, last night when Rupert was asking his jury question of why should I give you my vote for the million, Rob just said, "because you are a man of your word, Rupert", and Rupert just smiled. This reveals to me that Rupert must have gone to Rob and made a pact with him at this time, fearing he would be the next boot. Rupert must have given his word to Rob that if he took him to the F4 with him, then he would vote for him to win it all, if he was on the jury and Rob was in the F2. See, Rupert was doing a little scrambling himself!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
Yeah, I agree. Rupert probably told Rob early on that he would vote for him to win should Rob be in the final two. Rupert also did everything Rob told him to do - including the fight with Big Tom. Rob fully trusted every word Rupert said.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
Nice pick up FP on the Rob response to Rupert's question.
Part of what was so maddening about the editing to me is how MB held back some of this info that would have made for some drama.

Like Brownroach, I'm confused about the Jenna edit. She was set up to be the next Keith, yet it never materialized.

DRONES

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A look back at the editing and strategy..."
Yes, good catch on Rupert and Rob, Fp. I wonder if Rupert said something that might clarify this when he cast his vote for Rob Dammit -- show us all the final votes, MB!!

(Though I do think that Tom slit his own throat when he said two words to Ramber: SWING. VOTE. So even without a Rupert/Rob pact, Tom was doomed as of then.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •