The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Scary? Shocking??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-26-00, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Scary? Shocking??"
This isn't a spoiler but this seems to be the main message board now.
I believe the outcome of Survivor has been described as "scary" and "shocking" because Rich "won" by using what he teaches in his seminars in real life and was allowed to get away with it by those who had the responsibility of stopping him.

A common defense of the immoral, unethical things that were done on Survivor is that it's ok to use those tactics in a "game" but not in real life.

Isn't it scary or shocking that what's taught and applied in the real world was used to "win" Survivor?

Read these two recent articles about this.

"SURVIVOR SKILLS 'HATCH-ED' FROM BIG-BIZ PLAYBOOK" at http://www.nypost.com/news/10339.htm
and
"Did the Right 'Survivor' Survive?" at http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0008/24/tl.00.html .

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Scary? Shocking?? lswote 08-26-00 1
   RE: Scary? Shocking?? qwkslvr 08-26-00 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lswote 63 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-00, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lswote Click to send private message to lswote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Scary? Shocking??"
I have never seen an actual cite describing the outcome of Survivor as either "scary" or "shocking", just people saying they read it, but even it is was said, I don't believe that anything unethical or immoral happened on the show nor did anyone have "the responsibility to stop him". Maybe that wasn't the way to win friends but it certainly was the way to play the game. The only thing wrong with the game is that nobody else realized how the game needed to be played until it was too late and the Tagi alliance couldn't be stopped. Though I think Kelly was a little sleazy in playing both sides of the fence, we don't know that Rich lied to anyone other than Jeff Probst. If anything, I think Rich relied on tactics not sleaze to win and it was a privilege to see him in action.

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-00, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Scary? Shocking??"
>we don't know that Rich lied to anyone other than Jeff Probst<

Rich lied to the others while they were all still on the boat that took them close to the island.
The group was getting familiar with each other and Rich told them he was married and had a son to avoid being suspected as the homosexual that was known to be in the group.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •