The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10/11/06 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-12-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 10/11/06 Episode"
Another good tight storyline, glad it wasn't just Sun/Jin/Sayid, but also gave us more of the Jack/Kate/Sawyer story too. I think there is a huge risk in revealing the Others, kinda like the monster never looks as scarey once you see it in a horror movie. Who are they, what are they doing there, and what is their motivations in regards to the plane crash victims needs to be really fleshed out or I'm concerned we may wind up going nowhere like we did much of season two.

The Sun flashback was interesting in a couple of points. One that she lied despite knowing it would bring consequences to someone else. It was also a little bit surprising that she actually had an affair with Jae, and that was not who she was running off to see in America (not that she was necessarily running to anyone as much are running away from her life, but there was that theory that she was running to something as much as running away from something). Then it was interesting that she would actually shoot the Other girl, something her husband could not do to the guy who had dishonored the family (although I'm not sure he would have hestitated had he known the "how" he had dishonored the family).

A friend and I had a debate about the whether Jae killed himself or not. I had originally thought someone else had been sent to finish the job should Jin be unable to complete it, and that it wasnt a coincidence that he landed on Jin's car (a message from Mr. Paik). My friends contention was the pearls led them to believe he jumped of his own accord due to the shame it brought to his family or the fact that if he followed through on the demand he would loose Sun. I was definately swayed to that point of view, but it wasnt my initial reaction. Curious if anyone else thought it one way or another and why.

I guess the whole contact with the outside world question was answered, they definately have it. What was not definatively answered was whether they in fact have all the information they claim to. It's one thing to be able to get pop culture news and another to compile a dossier on each person who was on the plane. I'm starting to wonder if they dont though since the Other girl Colleen appeared to know who Sun is and called her by her full name. Although clearly she was wrong in her assessement of whether Sun would shoot her.

The whole Sawyer/Kate work camp was odd, I got the feeling they want them to escape. There was no point to the task or rules in general other than to tick them off. I guess it could be a means to try to break them, but if they wanted to do that I think they should work them seprately. Anyone think Sawyer wouldn't flip at the offer Ben gave Jack? He would probably go and put a bullet in Freckles if he truly believed it would get him off the island. I still dont buy the Carl (aka Chachi) was being punished thing, but perhaps he and Alex (crazy French lady's daughter that helped Claire last season and talked with Kate last night) are rebelling from the Others and its legit. My personal view is Alex will be the means of the Kate/Sawyer escape, but whether she really is helping them, or working for the Others (even if its in a manner similar to what Michael was doing ) is highly debatable.

Finally Juliet is fascinating, I wonder if Sawyers assesment was correct or not that she would have killed Kate. He certainly seemed to think she would, and I halfway expected him so say "go ahead" to call her bluff. It will be interesting to see a backstory on Juliet and Henry as well, and I do think they were a couple now at one point in time. Definately not now, but the relationship has an icey undertone despite their ability to work together.

It will be nice to see what happened at the hatch next week, I expect the Kate/Jack/Sawyer story will be on the back burner while we deal with the fall out of the hatch destruction. Looks like a Locke episode from the previews... bring it on!!!

-ICB

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 10/11/06 Episode   weltek     10-12-06       
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   michel     10-12-06     1  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   mrc     10-12-06     2  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   emydi     10-12-06     3  
         RE: 10/11/06 Episode   weltek     10-13-06     24  
         Jack's reaction   Chez     10-15-06     33  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   udg     10-12-06     4  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   Fishercat     10-12-06     5  
   the actress who got shot???   shakes the clown     10-12-06     6  
     RE: the actress who got shot???   Snidget     10-12-06     10  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   Dunard2     10-12-06     7  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   HobbsofMI     10-12-06     9  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   shakes the clown     10-12-06     12  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   HobbsofMI     10-12-06     8  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   idiotcowboy     10-12-06     11  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   michel     10-12-06     13  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   HobbsofMI     10-12-06     14  
         RE: 10/11/06 Episode   miamicatt     10-12-06     15  
             RE: 10/11/06 Episode   HobbsofMI     10-12-06     16  
                 RE: 10/11/06 Episode   tvgeek401     10-12-06     18  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   SurvivaBear     10-13-06     20  
         RE: 10/11/06 Episode   winter999     10-13-06     22  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   zombiebaby     10-12-06     17  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   Snidget     10-12-06     19  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   trigirl     10-13-06     21  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   beachfreak     10-13-06     23  
     RE: 10/11/06 Episode   HobbsofMI     10-13-06     26  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   weltek     10-13-06     25  
   New thoughts   moonbaby     10-13-06     27  
   Bears did it faster...   udg     10-13-06     28  
     RE: Bears did it faster...   HobbsofMI     10-13-06     29  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   blacknwhitedog     10-13-06     30  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   Das Mole     10-13-06     31  
   RE: 10/11/06 Episode   CattyChat     10-14-06     32  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •