The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 Previews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-11-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 Previews"
Here is the Press Release...

"A TEAM QUESTIONS THEIR RELATIONSHIP WHEN CIRCUMSTANCES ON THE RACE PIT THEM AGAINST ONE ANOTHER ON "THE AMAZING RACE 4," THURSDAY, JUNE 26

"You Are Just Deliberately Trying To Make Us Lose" – A team contemplates the status of their personal relationship, on THE AMAZING RACE 4, Thursday, June 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

A series of difficult circumstances brings another couple face-to-face with the stark realization that they may be "incompatible" -- raising the stakes not only for the Race but for their entire relationship. Meanwhile, another team faces a complete breakdown and contemplates quitting amid a stream of bitter accusations of sabotage, and teams end up waist deep in a 15 foot pile of cow manure."

Sounds like Russell/Cindy could be the incompatible team. Or maybe this is the beginning of the Reichen/Chip split?

TV Guide doesn't have June 26 on their Listings yet, so no preview from them.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 Previews carencey 06-12-03 1
 RE: Episode 5 Previews TeamJoisey 06-12-03 2
 RE: Episode 5 Previews smiley 06-12-03 3
 RE: Episode 5 Previews SeaVisionBurma 06-12-03 4
 RE: Episode 5 Previews Bebo 06-12-03 5
 RE: Episode 5 Previews smiles 06-12-03 6
 RE: Episode 5 Previews cyclehausen 06-12-03 7
 RE: Episode 5 Previews magic_star 06-13-03 8
 RE: Episode 5 Previews mtopaz 06-13-03 9
   RE: Episode 5 Previews SaphireLady 06-13-03 10
 RE: Episode 5 Previews thelastboyscout 06-13-03 11
 RE: Episode 5 Previews DoodleBug 06-13-03 12
   RE: Episode 5 Previews managerr 06-13-03 13
       RE: Episode 5 Previews 7sins_pride 06-14-03 14
 RE: Episode 5 Previews racefan4 06-15-03 15
 RE: Episode 5 Previews VanQ1 06-20-03 16
   RE: Episode 5 Previews cyclehausen 06-20-03 17
       RE: Episode 5 Previews VerucaSalt 06-20-03 18
 RE: Episode 5 Previews yensid 06-20-03 19
   RE: Episode 5 Previews rucksack 06-20-03 21
 RE: Episode 5 Previews Esbea 06-20-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-12-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
In the seriously wild speculation department, the first could be Millie and Chuck, and the second sounds like something Tian would say.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-12-03, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
If they are still around, I'm betting its Russell and Cindy who realize they are incompatible. Well, of course, SHE realizes what a jerk she's team up with.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-12-03, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
i'm not sure that its Cindy and Russell. The way I see their relationship its already one sided to begin with. Cindy is the one with the hopes of getting together with him but I haven't seen that Russell is interested at all.

Hmmmmmmm

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-12-03, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
....perhaps the '15 foot pile of cow manure' is metaphorical??

Sounds like the India leg. Remember something about them playing with cows there.
Incompatibility could also be be Kelly and Jon. Russell and Cindy sounds more likely though.

I have a feeling Chip & Reichen will be smooching along through a few more episodes yet, before they show any 'incompatibility'. Doubt it will even happen during the race.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
Given Russell's "sweetness" shown so far, I could see him saying the episode title. I could also see Kelly saying it to Jon, because if their relationship is the one on the rocks, he could be trying to give her an excuse to break off the engagement.

But since we've heard that Reichen and Chip may not be together anymore, I'm keeping them open as a possibility. Still, I could see them considering quitting as a result of the sabotage accusations. We were shown Reichen's comments about originally wanting to play the game with integrity, but changing their strategy after the airport incident. They could fit as perceived saboteurs.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-12-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
I agree with everyone that the relationship statues is Cindy and Russel. However, I think the sabatoge team may be Reichen and Chip. Monica/Sheree have already given them the word that the other teams are trying to get them eliminated. However, I highly doubt that they will give up.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-12-03, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
I could see Monica and Sharee - the prissy NFL wives and the ones who don't need the money - being most likely to get "grossed out" and want to quit.

As for the couple coming face-to-face with the realization they may be incompatable...

-Russel/Cindy - NO because a) I think they'll be gone very soon, and b) Russel doesn't think they are compatable anyway

-Millie/Chuck - MAYBE. We have gotten a lot of face time with these two, but it has been basically a given that they are very much in love.

-Reichen/Chip - MAYBE. We know they're broken up now. BUT I don't think the producers who signed them up to promote gayness are going to show this relationship weakening in any way.

-Jon/Kelly - MOST LIEKLY. Two self-absorbed egomaniacs, engaged with him being an asswipe and her being a #####. I'm swinging this way.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
There's a chance the contemplating quiting team could be Steve/Dave. They sort of hinted at quitting in the train station last episode.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-13-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
A series of difficult circumstances brings another couple face-to-face with the stark realization that they may be "incompatible" -- raising the stakes not only for the Race but for their entire relationship.

Millie & Chuck have been together for so long, that it would surprise me if they suddenly come to the realization that they are "incompatible." They've been working fairly well together as a team, and have been shown as supportive of each other. Jon and Kelly on the other hand - she called him "retarded" on tonight's episode (earning her my lasting disapproval), she blamed him entirely for the mix up over the tags at the horse/cart thingy, and they generally don't listen at all well to each other or act cohesively as a team. So I think it's Jon and Kelly.

Meanwhile, another team faces a complete breakdown and contemplates quitting amid a stream of bitter accusations of sabotage Well, the only ones that fit the complete breakdown in my mind are the ATC - and the stream of bitter accusations of sabotage? I've got to replay the preview where Steve says to Tian - "watch your tire" or words to that effect. It sounded more like a warning, not a threat to me. But maybe a tire does blow out and Tian accuses them of sabotage? She's pretty intense, could see her doing that.

Mmmm Topaz

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 05:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
Topaz that senario could work, especially given the knee problem on this team as well. So I could see them throwing in the towel because of pain and accusations.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

thelastboyscout 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-13-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thelastboyscout Click to send private message to thelastboyscout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
reichen and chip may be the ones to question their relationship.
tian and jaree contemplates on quitting.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
"You Are Just Deliberately Trying To Make Us Lose" – A team contemplates the status of their personal relationship....

I think Kelly could say this, maybe Josh (if his Dad makes a big blunder), or Tian and Jaree because they are just NOT getting along.

A series of difficult circumstances brings another couple face-to-face with the stark realization that they may be "incompatible" -- raising the stakes not only for the Race but for their entire relationship.

This could very well be Kelly/Jon (they could be discussing the same scenario as with the title) or MAYBE Millie/Chuck.

Meanwhile, another team faces a complete breakdown and contemplates quitting amid a stream of bitter accusations of sabotage...

Well, Tian and Jaree skipped to the front of the line along with Reichen and Chip... so could be either one of these teams. However, I think R/C won't quit.

A Kyngsladye Original

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-13-03, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
I can see Tian saying deliberately trying to make lose to Jaree since she is always lagging behind. (Even behind Monica and Sharee!)

We know Millie/Chuck will have problems during the race, so you have to go with them. (However, note that they went to the premiere party together--although no ring on Millie's finger)

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-14-03, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
from my point of view, i can see kelly barking off to jon about making them deliberately lose ( it's been happening for some time now)

then i can see tian and jaree giving up cause they always had low-esteem (remember the time in the train with kelly and jon ?)however, i strongly doubt that coz tian always pushes her way through and finally making everthing alright again.

btw...i'm rootng for tian and jaree.

racefan4 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-15-03, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail racefan4 Click to send private message to racefan4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
who better than tian and jaree would you like to see in a 15 foot pile of cow manure?

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-20-03, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
Given what we know from EP4 and the EP5 previews we can better assess the press release.
1."You Are Just Deliberately Trying To Make Us Lose" – A team contemplates the status of their personal relationship
Tian and Jaree:-shown to us in the EP 5 preview

2. "A series of difficult circumstances brings another couple face-to-face with the stark realization that they may be "incompatible" -- raising the stakes not only for the Race but for their entire relationship".
My guess is Kelly and Jon, secondarily Millie and Chuck or Chip and Reichen. K/J have been fighting alot.

3. "Meanwhile, another team faces a complete breakdown and contemplates quitting amid a stream of bitter accusations of sabotage"
I think I see Reichen and Chip in this scenario. They do seem to care what the other teams think, or they wouldnt have moved to the back of the line, and I personally think that they are getting a bum deal.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-20-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
The CBS website confirms that T/J are the ones thinking of quitting.

So who is the incompatability, and who is the "deliberately trying to make us lose?"

Well - Mon/Sher, Jon/Al, and Steve/Dave - we have no reason to believe there is any kind of friction at all among these teams.

T/J are out, because they are the possible quitters.

So, we're left with:

Reichen/Chip - maybe. But I don't think Reality TV's first married gay couple is going to be edited in any way but mutually supportive.

The Goat Boys - maybe. They've been so UTR, nothing would surprise me now.

Jon/Kelly - must be one or the other. I'm thinking the "deliberately trying to make us lose"

Millie/Chuck - we've gotten hints of tension and incompatability. I think Millie may get too tense for Chuckie.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-20-03, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
The wording is kind of weird but I don't necessarily believe (even though it says "another" twice) that the title quote is a different team then the contemplating quitting team. I can see Jaree saying to Tian (I think) You are deliberately trying to make us lose...... and being the team contemplating quitting even though it says "another" Don't forget they state the title then move to Another team and then Another team.

I think they are both the Models right now...

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-20-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
I checked the cbs site this morning. Here is what I found

*Amid a stream of bitter accusations of sabotage, Tian & Jaree face a complete breakdown and contemplate quitting.

--we had already pretty much figured this out

*A series of difficult circumstances forces another couple to face the possibility that they may be incompatible, raising the stakes not only for the Race, but for their entire relationship.

--My thought is Kelly and Jon. Millie and Chuck have already been talking about their issues and the stakes are much higher for Kelly and Jon since they are already engaged.

*A 15-foot pile of cow manure plunges Teams waist-deep in excrement!

--No real information here.

*Desperate to make a flight, two Teams have only one hour to drive between airports. When they hit traffic, their plans, and possibly their future in the Race, hit a brick wall.

--This must be London. Two major airports, not that far from each other and connections between the two are common, especially when flying international.

Yensid

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-20-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-03 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

It can also be Paris, such as taking a flight from Avignon or Marseille to Paris' Orly airport and then driving to Paris' Charles de Gaulle for the flight to Amsterdam...Some teams may also opt to go to Nice which has several flights to Amsterdam per day.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 5 Previews"

Next Week on THE AMAZING RACE:
From the SeeBS website:

Amid a stream of bitter accusations of sabotage, Tian & Jaree face a complete breakdown and contemplate quitting.

A series of difficult circumstances forces another couple to face the possibility that they may be incompatible, raising the stakes not only for the Race, but for their entire relationship.

A 15-foot pile of cow manure plunges Teams waist-deep in excrement!

Desperate to make a flight, two Teams have only one hour to drive between airports. When they hit traffic, their plans, and possibly their future in the Race, hit a brick wall

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •