The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-13, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-13 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

One last list, I promise no more. You'll like this one better but still have grounds for disagreement.

http://saoki.site0.com/survivor.html

1. Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (season #20)
Unlike other seasons where the best TV only occurred after the merge, this season managed to thrill me from start to finish. It featured suspenseful gameplay, shockingly bold moves, and lots of WTF moments.
(The Heroes tribe was a disappointment to me, as were some of the villains. If this season proved one thing, though, it is that Cirie shouldn't ever come back. People are afraid to play with her now, she's that good. The best of the F3 won.)

2. Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites (season #16)
A refreshing season that cast some of the most conniving players in Survivor history.

3. Survivor: Cook Islands (season #13)
One of the rarer seasons where the player that I heavily rooted for, Yul Kwon, actually won the game. He overcame formidable obstacles too.

4. Survivor: Redemption Island (season #22)
Boston Rob...I developed a whole new respect for the guy. He took the game to new heights, and masterminded some impressive (albeit troubling) new strategies. I didn't like the Redemption Island twist.
(Horrible twist. Boston Rob finally got to play that Godfather game he wanted to play in Marquesas, and it turned out to be a terrible way for anyone not named Boston Rob to play the game. This entire season would have been virtually unwatchable if Rob didn't know how to make it fun to watch. Russell getting voted out and then losing the duel were the highlights of the season.)

5. Survivor: Samoa (season #19)
Russell Hantz. To my amazement, his machinations went on to save his tribe from a near-hopeless 8-to-4 decifit!

6. Survivor: Borneo (season #1)
Although I remember complaining about the lack of strategy among these castaways, this first season of Survivor kept me on the edge of my seat.

7. Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites (season #26)
I mean seriously, at first glance that "Favorites" tribe looked like a Survivor Hall of Shame. But admittedly to my admiration, some of them really stepped up their gameplay.

8. Survivor: All-Stars (season #8)
This season pitted a lot of renowned Survivor players against each other, stirred some intense emotions, and sparked romance.
(To me this season was a collection of players I was fine with seeing again, a collection of players I never wanted to see again, and Amber. It is also the season that left the most hurt feelings in its wake, some previous friendships would never heal. Jerri did manage to redeem herself, in my opinion, and I've been kinder to her ever since.)

9. Survivor: The Australian Outback (season #2)
This season had a good villain (Jerri) and a memorable tragedy where Michael Skupin passed out into the fire.

10. Survivor: Palau (season #10)
A season highlighted by two standout players: Tom Westman and Stephenie LaGrossa. Tom inspired such respect in fellow players that the jurors actually took his BS seriously.

11. Survivor: Philippines (season #25)
A refreshingly unpredictable season.

12. Survivor: Fiji (season #14)
This season reminded me of a counter-intelligence thriller because of that one episode where a rival alliance conspired to use a hidden immunity idol. It also featured a castaway that I hated more than anyone in Survivor history, Dreamz.

13. Survivor: Tocantins (season #18)
An unpredictably cutthroat season wherein the last two castaways managed to betray all three of their alliances.

14. Survivor: Gabon (season #17)
A veritable encyclopedia of the different Survivor strategems.

15. Survivor: The Amazon (season #6)
The first season to divide tribes into all-male and all-female castaways. Made for some interesting social dynamics.

16. Survivor: Africa (season #3)
I loved the generational clashes in this season.
(I loved the setting, the wildlife, the cultural inclusions. Some of the players even seemed like decent people. Tribal swap was a good twist. But that's about it, it was the worst played game to date. In retrospect, the final two was an inversion of what would later become a Survivor norm: the goat dragged the winner to FTC.)

17. Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire (season #9)
A female-dominated season where the last man managed to win against all odds.

18. Survivor: Pearl Islands (season #7)
I hated the twist in this season where eliminated castaways voted two outcasts in.

19. Survivor: South Pacific (season #23)
The return of Ozzy and Coach! Cue the chirping crickets.

20. Survivor: Marquesas (season #4)
A dull season except for the pivotal power shift and the infamous "purple rock" tiebreaker.
(Again, no love for Marquesas. The worst thing about this season was the reunion show host.)

21. Survivor: China (season #15)
A season highlighted only by the bizarre coincidence of one castaway (James) ending up with both hidden immunity idols.
(Huh? This is a truly unfathomable placement.)

22. Survivor: Guatemala - The Mayan Empire (season #11)
I just remember this season for the returning Stephenie LaGrossa. I lamented how she tarnished that "America's sweetheart" image.

23. Survivor: Panama - Exile Island (season #12)
I considered this season the flukiest in that the most annoying people seemed to dominate the game instead of getting voted out.

24. Survivor: One World (season #24)
An embarrassing, mind-numbing season of quite possibly the dumbest (and most delusional) crop of players in Survivor history.

25. Survivor: Nicaragua (season #21)
For me, this season took the cake for annoying castaways and inane gameplay. Also found that Medallion of Power twist pretty lame.

26. Survivor: Thailand (season #5)
I almost stopped watching the show. This season featured the lamest twist ever: rival tribes cohabitating instead of merging.
(I thought that was actually the only good twist in Thailand, the schoolyard pick tribe formation was bad, and as for the optional swap it would have served Probst right if one entire tribe had decided to just join with the other tribe. Brian perfected the Hatch game adding his own innovation, dragging the goat to FTC.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     12-20-12       
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   SpotTheDifference     12-20-12     1  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   garyc     12-20-12     2  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     12-20-12     4  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   garyc     12-22-12     8  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     12-20-12     3  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   SpotTheDifference     12-21-12     5  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     12-21-12     6  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   SpotTheDiffference     12-21-12     7  
   My List   michel     12-22-12     9  
     RE: My List   SpotTheDiffference     12-22-12     10  
         RE: My List   michel     12-22-12     11  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   iltarion     12-29-12     12  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     12-30-12     13  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   iltarion     01-11-13     18  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     01-11-13     19  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Flowerpower     12-31-12     14  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     01-01-13     15  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Flowerpower     01-02-13     16  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   kingfish     01-02-13     17  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   bondt007     02-14-13     20  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   SOAR64     02-15-13     21  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     02-16-13     22  
   Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again   dabo     05-15-13     23  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-15-13     24  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   SpotTheDifference     05-17-13     25  
             Heyya, Spot!   dabo     05-17-13     26  
                 RE: Heyya, Spot!   SpotTheDifference     05-18-13     27  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-18-13     28  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-19-13     29  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   PepeLePew13     05-19-13     30  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-19-13     32  
                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   PepeLePew13     05-22-13     37  
                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-22-13     38  
                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-22-13     39  
                             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   PepeLePew13     05-22-13     40  
                                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-22-13     42  
                                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   PepeLePew13     05-22-13     44  
                                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-22-13     46  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-19-13     31  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-19-13     33  
                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-19-13     34  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-21-13     35  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-21-13     36  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-22-13     41  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-22-13     43  
                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-22-13     45  
                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-22-13     47  
                             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-22-13     48  
                                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-23-13     49  
                                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   dabo     05-23-13     50  
                                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A...   michel     05-23-13     51  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Jims02     05-25-13     52  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     05-25-13     53  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Jims02     05-26-13     60  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     05-27-13     67  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-25-13     54  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     05-25-13     57  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-25-13     58  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   dabo     05-25-13     59  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-26-13     62  
                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     05-26-13     65  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     05-26-13     61  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-26-13     63  
                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     05-26-13     64  
                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-26-13     66  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-25-13     55  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     05-25-13     56  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Neliah     01-20-14     68  
     Welcome!   tribephyl     01-20-14     69  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   Ottawa Girl     01-20-14     70  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel     01-23-14     71  
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   dabo     03-27-14     72  
     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   PepeLePew13     04-03-14     73  
         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel2     04-05-14     74  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   PepeLePew13     04-10-14     75  
                 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel2     04-12-14     77  
                     RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   dabo     04-12-14     78  
                         RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   michel2     04-13-14     79  
             RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons.   dabo     04-10-14     76  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •